The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any Takers?(Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DinoLily

DinoLily

Female Posts : 556

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Any Takers?(Open) Left_bar_bleue150/150Any Takers?(Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance:: None

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Any Takers?(Open) Create.php?text=toni%20reed&name=Yukon%20Gold
Any Takers?(Open) Tumblr_m7y1z90SX01rz6aneo1_250
Outfit
Toni's curly blond hair was pulled back into a bun and the collar of her leather jacket was pulled to her nose. She checked for any peacekeepers and when she saw none she walked into the Hob. The warehouse was full of people selling things, buying things, or even begging for things. The beggars almost never received anything, the people in the Hob barely had enough for their families, let alone a stranger. Toni reached into her jacket and pulled out a fresh squirrel with blood dripping from it's heart, where she had stabbed it. Toni held it up to everyone. "Fresh squirrel, just killed!" She yelled. Hopefully, someone would by it this time, and soon, she had to get to the mines before her shift started. Yesterday no one had bought anything off her and she had had to spend the night in the mines.
Back to top Go down
Ebony Summers

Ebony Summers

Female Posts : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Any Takers?(Open) Left_bar_bleue150/150Any Takers?(Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:25 am

Ebony walked around the Hob as she looked around, trying to sell her own kill to people. She needed it to keep her brother, herself and her father alive. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, she heard someone saying they had squirrel and thought for a moment before walking over to the female.

"How much for the squirrel?" she asked as she looked it over, she had money from selling the other animals she had killed, including deer and a bunch of other animals, all shot directly in the heart.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Any Takers?(Open) Tumblr_m77y4jp36G1rt61os
Outfit
Toni grinned as a girl came up to her. She was older and probably from the Seam, judging by her dark hair. Toni's grey eyes were the only thing that let you know she was from the Seam. Her mother had been the baker's daughter but she had thrown all that away to be with Toni's father. Then she threw everything away all over again when she picked a fight with a peacekeeper. Toni was often ignored when she sold things because of this. She was known as the girl with the crazy mom who you should stay away from. The girl was named Ebony Summers. Toni had seen her selling game in the Hob before. The girl was wealthier than Toni for sure. After all, she mostly traded with the merchants who could afford higher prices. "How much you got?" Toni asked, leaving her face expressionless.
Back to top Go down
Ebony Summers

Ebony Summers

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Ebony knew about Tori's mum and everything... everyone did. But unlike everyone else, Ebony looked past that. she thought for a second.

"How about... £10?" she asked as she looked over, it was quiet a lot of money for a squirrel but hey... she kind of felt bad for Tori. She looked over at the female again as she stretched slightly.

She ran a hand through her hair and revealed the big gash above her left eye her father had made... Ebony had taken the beating for her brother again and therefore got more cuts and bruises but she didnt care. the gash above her eye still had blood on it.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Any Takers?(Open) Tumblr_m3kklowRqm1qawq9ro1_500
Outfit
Toni's eyes narrowed and she furrowed her brow. Ten? For a squirrel? The girl was obviously taking pity on her. Toni hated it when this happened. "Five works better for me." She said firmly. Toni handed the girl the dead squirrel by the tail. That was when she noticed the huge gash above her eye. It was still bleeding and really ought to be cleaned or bandaged before she lost too much blood. "Hey, what happened to you?" Toni asked, although her poker face didn't change. "Did you clean that? You should really bandage it." Toni had a slight knack for healing, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to help Ebony. "Tell you what, you give me Ten instead of Five for that squirrel and I'll clean and bandage that up for you." Toni suggested, remaining expressionless.
Back to top Go down
Ebony Summers

Ebony Summers

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Ebony looked over at her. she nodded. "Ok" she replied before handing over the money. she looked up at Tori when she mentioned the cut.

"No... i havent... i didnt have anything to clean it with a home... and my father doesnt care about what happens to me or my brother so he wouldnt care about it getting infected" she said with a small shrug.

"I dont mind... it'll be fine... if i die i die" she replied. "No one would miss me" she continued before she thought of Aiden

"Ok..." she then said, handing over the other five.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Any Takers?(Open) Tumblr_m90kie6Kyu1rofltko1_500
Outfit
Toni's motherly side began to take over as she shook her head. "Hey! I care if you die!" Toni said. She grabbed a rag from Greasy Sae's soup station and wet it with a bucket of water nearby. She put it on Ebony's forehead and put a bit of pressure to it. "I know, this stings but it's this or an infection." She said. Toni removed the cloth and found it red and bloody. "Wait here." Toni muttered. She made her way and bought some bandages with some of her new money from Ebony. Then Toni walked back the Ebony and began wrapping her forehead with the bandage. "How's that?" Toni asked. "It's fine if you don't answer but, what happened?" She asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Ebony Summers

Ebony Summers

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Ebony looked over at her. she was a little shocked... this was the first time anyone had tried to help her.

"Thank you" she said softly when Toni had finished.

"It feels a lot better thank you" she replied before she thought for a second, deciding what to say.

"Well... my mother died a few years ago... she got ill and we couldn't help her, even since then I and my brother have been blamed by father for her death... he attacks us but i always get in the way when he goes for Aiden as i dont want him to get hurt... he's only 10, he doesnt deserve any of this" she replied in an even tone as she looked at the ground and then up at Tori to see her reaction.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Any Takers?(Open) Tumblr_m928q3pHzl1rc8gzoo1_500
Outfit
Toni raised an eyebrow. She pursed her lips and said nothing for an awkward moment. "Hey, you could stay with me and my sister Marly tonight, if you like." Toni said, shrugging. She awkwardly pushed back her hair. She had never been a very good conversationalist. She kept to herself most of the time. "You don't have to though. I just figured if it were me I'd like to be away from him, er your dad, for a bit." Toni said uncomfortably. "You can bring your brother too. Toni added. She had been looking for a hunting partner and maybe this girl would do.
Back to top Go down
Ebony Summers

Ebony Summers

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Ebony looked over at her, her mouth a little open.

Wow... you're the first person to actually care about it... um... are you sure that's ok? i wouldn't want to be a bother or anything" she said quietly as she looked over at the female and cocked her head slightly. She two kind of wanted a hunting partner, maybe Toni would be a good choice since she seemed to be able to kill squirrel really well.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Any Takers?(Open) Tumblr_m94sq4I0m91rewwzuo2_500
Outfit
Toni grinned and rolled her eyes. "Stop acting so shocked and close your mouth or I might have to take back my offer. And yeah, it's okay." Toni teased. Her grin faded quickly. She looked around the Hob uncomfortably. Toni rocked back and forth on her feet. She tucked loose strands of hair behind her ears. Toni wrung her hands unsure of what to say next.
Back to top Go down
Ebony Summers

Ebony Summers

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Ebony smiled a little and closed her mouth before she nodded. when she saw Toni's sudden change she looked a little worried.

"Are you ok?" she asked kindly, before she remembered she had't told the female her name.

"Oh... and i'm Ebony by the way" she said as she smiled a little more. "Sorry... i forgot to introduce myself" she continued.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Any Takers?(Open) Tumblr_m9338a9Zei1rcdmkno1_500
Outfit
Toni shrugged. "Fine." Toni said simply."So, how long you been hunting?" Toni asked. If Ebony was going to make a good hunting partner, she had to be skilled and experienced. "We could go hunting later." Toni suggested. She gave a short smile. "I use a wooden sword and I've been hunting for a several years now. But, we shouldn't talk too much about hunting. Even the Hob isn't safe nowadays." Toni said. She noticed that Ebony's bandage was beginning to become damp and red. Toni frowned and took it off, exchanging it with a new one. "On second thought, maybe physical activity isn't a great idea for you at the moment." Toni said, giving a breathy chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Ebony Summers

Ebony Summers

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Ebony looked up at her.

"I've been hunting 10 years... i'm the only person that gets food for my family, my dads lazy and my brother too young so it's been down to me... i hunt with a bow and arrow or knives... kind of a mix depending, and i always get the animal in the heart... i've had a lot of practise since people in the Hob don't like animals that have been ruined by being shot badly" she replied in a whisper before nodding.

"We can talk more when we actually go out" she replied with a smile before he looked up.

"I'll be good for hunting again tomorrow... i'll have to be to keep Aiden and dad alive" she continued.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Any Takers?(Open) Tumblr_m7o3luaANI1rv70bao1_500
Outfit
Toni nodded. "Wow, ten years, that's quite a while." Toni noted. She raked her fingers through her tangled blond hair and squinted slightly. "Why do you even bother trying to keep your father alive? Without you he wouldn't have food. If it were me I'd have run off with Marly to... well, anywhere other than where your father is." Toni said, speaking her mind. She put a hand on her hip and shrugged. She made sure Ebony's bandage was on tight and then looked around the Hob. Through a window she could see that it was getting late, around dinner time. Not that anyone ate dinner in the Seam. "If you're going to stay with me and Marly you'd better grab Aiden before it gets dark." She pointed out to Ebony.
Back to top Go down
Ebony Summers

Ebony Summers

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Ebony looked over at her and nodded. "Yeah... it's kind of my life" she said with a small blush before she frowned.

"I really don't know why I don't run off with Aiden... it's weird... I mean... i hate the bastard but at the same time... he is still our father... I don't know... in a way I guess I just don't have the balls to run off" she said with a slight shrug and a little more of a frown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any Takers?(Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Takers?(Open)   Any Takers?(Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Takers?(Open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 12 :: The Hob-
Jump to: