The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Like a Cat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Like a Cat Empty
PostSubject: Like a Cat   Like a Cat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Like a Cat ZOy0Z
Like a Cat UK4Hb
Like a Cat Tumblr_m6kc6zaM7L1rs2qlb

Heather strolled up to the Agility Course. She wanted to be well versed in sneaking around and running. It seemed useful. She also figured there might be a career or two hanging out around there, which would be a bonus. Allies, allies, allies... she speculated. Now who shall I choose? Making friends was never something Heather was particularly good at, but she could pretend to be. Deciding exactly how far she wanted to take her little act, and if she could successfully manipulate the surrounding tributes in case they were watching, she climbed to the top of the course and went through it, falling a few times, but not failing completely. She climbed over a wall with no problem, but tripped over a couple of hurdles and got a little freaked out at one of the heights, although she would die before admitting it. Suddenly, she realized someone was standing behind her. Heather spun around, squinting, any number of possible responses prepared."Hello..." she said when she saw who it was.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Like a Cat Left_bar_bleue150/150Like a Cat Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Like a Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like a Cat   Like a Cat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Like a Cat Tumblr_m2ybp3Oqxy1ro5zado3_400
Like a Cat Leninanamebanner
---District 2---Female---18---

Lenina reached the agility course and decided it would be her warm up for the rounds she would make through the entire training center. Her father made sure she was conditioned and fit, having her run up to 2 miles everyday and he even made her go to the training center back in district 2 to run the agility course there. She cracked her neck and shook her arms around a few times, the same way an athlete would do before running in a big race. Lenina readied herself and ran. She sped down the straight path and got to the rope ladder, climbing it without too much trouble except the occasional foot slip in the rope rungs. After dropping down from the top rung she crossed the monkey bars and dropped down, landing firmly on her feet. She reached a few hurdles and stopped before continuing trying to figure out how she would make it over them. She moved back a few steps and gave herself a running start before reaching the first hurdle. Planting her hand on the top of it she swiftly vaulted herself over, swinging her legs over the top and landing again. She stumbled a bit, trying to get used to the width of the obstacle in front of her and adjusting accordingly. She made it through the other few without too much trouble now that she had gotten used to it. She ran the rest of the way, finally coming to the designated end of the course.

Lenina finished with a pretty good time, and she didn't feel too winded. Having to run everyday had its benefits that's for sure. She stood there for a moment, observing another girl finishing the course as well. Lenina silently watched, the way she always seemed to do; reading the girl's body language for clues on her nature. Seeing how she reacted to certain things and picking up as much as she could from that. She recognized the girl as the 'plant girl' which was just a simple way of remembering what she wore in the tribute parade the night before. She was from district 7, not a career district and not a tribute that she felt would need her attention. She continued to watch though, like a predator stalking its prey. It seemed she had been much too obvious though, as the girl spoke up obviously throwing a few words her way. "...yes?" Was all she could respond with. Lenina wasn't a very friendly person after all.

Last edited by Trenna on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Like a Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like a Cat   Like a Cat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:39 am

Like a Cat Tumblr_m6kc4xq5hQ1rs2qlb

Heather smiled, but there was no essence of joy in it. It was more of a dark smile. "Lovely to meet you, District Two. I'm going to be blunt. My name is Heather. I'm not normal. In fact, I'm a psychopath. That means no empathy for anyone, for starters. I have no problem with killing anyone. Anywhere. Ever. In short, I'd like to join the careers for this year's Games. Acting like a normal person is bothering my brain, so if you could give me a straight answer as soon as possible that would be the best possible way for us both to leave the interaction painlessly," she explained, ranting a bit more than she would have liked to. "And just so you know- that's not meant to be a threat." She laughed. "If I were trying to threaten you it would be a hell of a lot better than that." Heather raised an eyebrow, trying to return to her original question. "So what do you say?"

(Sorry no speech coloring I need to leave. >.<)
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Like a Cat Left_bar_bleue150/150Like a Cat Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Like a Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like a Cat   Like a Cat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:05 am

Like a Cat Lenina2

Lenina raised an eyebrow through the raven black hair that hung in front of her face. Well this girl was to the point and very blunt. She couldn't help but respect that a little, most people tried avoiding her when they could. Then she mentioned a threat, and Lenina of course knew that this girl wasn't stupid enough to do that. But you still need to show your rank. "I know that wasn't a threat because if you were threatening me you would be regretting it right about now." She said coldly, her tone was even as she continued to talk. "Meet us at lunch," she said as she turned away moving on to her next destination. She was done here and there was no need to run around the course anymore when she could spend her time practicing her weapon skills.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Male Posts : 197
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Like a Cat Left_bar_bleue301/301Like a Cat Empty_bar_bleue  (301/301)
Character Name:: Lyre Kovak
Alliance:: None

Like a Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like a Cat   Like a Cat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:22 am

Decisions, decisions, decisions... Marcelina was standing in front of several of her own. she did want to pick up on a few skills here, but she also wanted to make sure that she wasn't rusty on the ones she already had.

She was known as one of the faster kids back home, and she wanted that to remain true. she was aware of the big strong careers, even if she didn't know the strength of agility of the ones in this year's games. She had also not forgotten the mutts from games past, and knew that this game was unlikely to be devoid of them either.
but... she did know that when being chased, she didn't have to outrun whatever they were fleeing from; she just had to outrun the tribute next to her...
...unless some chose to pursue her instead of the slower quarry. then she'd need to run.

the arid regions of District 5 helped Marcelina understand the importance of water, but the shortage of it helped her a bit in being less affected by it. it was also an atmosphere in which she would dart around, staying ahead of any competition there may have been.
upon entering the agility course, she surveyed it, right at the moment when that overconfident District 2 girl was stepping right on out. good--no need to draw attention to herself, or to give her any attention anyways. she came here alone, and planned to evaluate her skills on her own. taking a few quick breaths and stretching, she took off into the course. while she wasn't exactly light on her feet, she was deft in her steps, which were long and fast. if there was anyone watching to try and observe her quirks... well, she had enough trouble expressing herself, let alone conveying the message to other people. it would take a very shrewd observer to tell what was on her mind as she repeated the course another time.
Back to top Go down

Like a Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like a Cat   Like a Cat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 am

Heather smiled. Things had gone relatively as planned, although they weren't perfect. She saw no reason to further pursue the agility course, so she smiled sweetly at the girl from 5 and went on her way. She thought she might try a bit of something unconventional. Healing, perhaps? she thought. Or survival? I guess I'll just wander around until I find something interesting. Heather tilted her head and looked around, stepping over a little platform and hurrying across the arena.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Like a Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like a Cat   Like a Cat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Like a Cat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 29th Hunger Games :: Reapings and The Capitol-
Jump to: