The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's Raining...?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

It's Raining...? Empty
PostSubject: It's Raining...?   It's Raining...? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 am

It's Raining...? Tumblr_m9cy6l5b8E1ruz9j7

Evie Northwood - District 5 - Fifteen Years Old

Evie didn't know what to think. Solstice and Roe canoodling together confused her. She had never known they'd even been friends. Do you have to be friends with someone before that happens? she wondered, feeling a bit naive. What exactly DID happen? She wasn't happy about the Games, either. She hated them. The only positive, rational thing in her life right now was the rain, and that was weird in and of itself. It never rains here... she thought, gratefully enjoying the feeling of water on her skin and spinning around with her arms out. Sddenly, she became ware of someone watching her. "Hello?" she asked, slightly concerned but not truly worried for her own safety. Evie was too trusting of the world in general. "Who's there?"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
It's Raining...? Left_bar_bleue150/150It's Raining...? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

It's Raining...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Raining...?   It's Raining...? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:39 am

It's Raining...? Tumblr_m7hl0sdV3z1rq8a7p
It's Raining...? Tumblr_lyb7zrSaVR1r3h4ef
It's Raining...? Roenamebanner
---District 5---Male---17---

Roe walked alone for a bit around District 5. Rhea had gone back to the Capitol in order to do her new job, mentor the poor tributes picked to fight to the death in the Hunger Games. This year it was two people he had never met, but from the small amount he had seen they seemed pretty quiet and kept to themselves. During Rhea's first trip to the Capitol Roe had worried everyday, but this was more routine. She wasn't constantly in danger while she was there now and though he missed her it was better than the way it was.

Roe now stayed in the large, mansion like house that rested in the Victors' Village that had become his sister's when she came back from the arena. But somehow it never seemed like 'home.' His father still stayed in the house he built over 17 years ago and did not come with them, but Rhea insisted the her brother move in with her. It was extremely empty in the big house and after some quiet hours had passed, Roe decided that a walk outside would do him some good. The first thing he noticed as soon as he walked out the door was a drops of water that started to come down on his head. It hardly ever rained, so the fresh and clean water was a rare treat. Rhea loves the rain, she would be enjoying this right now if she was here. But instead she is at the Capitol, sucking up to all those rich weirdos as they watch 23 kids die in cold blood. He shook the disgusting thought from his mind as he continued to make his way down the road. He had walked alone for awhile, not seeing a single person on the street that day. I guess they are watching the Games or avoiding the rain. Roe hadn't really been paying attention, but he had spaced out as he thought. Staring in some direction not looking at anything in particular.

The voice hit his ears and moved to the back of his mind, snapping himself out of the trance he had been in. His eyes darted around and focused on the small figure in front of him. It was Evie. Roe stepped forward with his hands up in a sign of surrender or to show that he didn't have a weapon or something. Though the thought came into his mind, why would he have a weapon? Well this was just the universal sign for friendliness or at least in his mind that was what it meant. "Evie, it's just me," he said as stepped out of the shadows. "What are you doing out here? You know you could catch a cold or something if you stay out here for too long?"

Back to top Go down

It's Raining...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Raining...?   It's Raining...? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:18 am

It's Raining...? Create.php?text=Evelyn%20%22Evie%22%20Northwood&name=La%20Belle%20Aurore
It's Raining...? Tumblr_m8ysl1MBqE1rt2432
Evie Northwood - District 5 - Fifteen Years Old

i can't keep a straight face
and say this is not the end
not if you want it it's upon us
and i wanna say it's sinking in...

Evie spun around, realizing the person had been behind her. She was a bit surprised that it was Roe. What happened to Sol? she wondered, facing him but taking a step back. "Erm... hi," she said awkwardly. What do I do? she thought, frantic with confusion. Can I just act normally? "Sorry about earlier..." she trailed off, and gave an apologetic smile. "How are you?" she asked, trying to be polite. Evie ran a hand through her hair, which was getting curly from the rain. A drop fell on her nose and she couldn't help but giggle as she wiped it off. She looked down, away from Roe, then glanced back at him. "Sorry." Actually, Evie was happier like this. She had hated not being able to talk to Roe after Rhea volunteered, and missed how things had been before, when they were friends and nothing was of consequence. Thank gawd for Solstice, she realized. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't talk to her.

Evie bit her lip. She knew nothing could ever be the same, but at least Rhea was back. And honestly, awkwardness and confusion aside, Roe and Solstice do make a cute couple. Probably get along with each-other better, too... Evie told herself, but the confusion still bothered her, no matter how Rostice or Soe or whatever it was called would work out. She wasn't sure how she felt about Roe and Solstice, or Roe himself, but she hated not knowing if Rhea's reason for volunteering had changed. Evie figured it probably had, which she admitted was a tad disappointing , but was also a huge relief. She smiled happily at him, not knowing what the future may hold, but hoping that none of her friends would ever be reaped again. Not only was it painful in and of itself, but it seemed to always have... complications.

but don't forget the speed that i can go away
'cause this is the end if you want it
yeah this is the end
i've been convincing myself that i'm worthwhile
cause i'm worth what i'll convince myself to be...

It's Raining...? Tumblr_m8fli4uKZw1rtisjho1_500

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
It's Raining...? Left_bar_bleue150/150It's Raining...? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

It's Raining...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Raining...?   It's Raining...? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:59 pm

It's Raining...? Tumblr_m3fttwuyu61r7ifqv

Roe gave a smile to Evie, the first one he had given in awhile it seems. He was different now that Rhea was home, though technically she wasn't home at the moment. But he had gone back somewhat to how he was, just with a bit more guilt involved on his end. And it seemed that things had gone back somewhat to how they were with Evie before that Reaping where Rhea volunteered for her. The two could talk again like they used to and there wasn't a guilt nagging either of them. Rhea had come home and honestly it was the best thing that could happen for the relationship between these two, even if it wasn't romantic.

The last few weeks Roe had come to realize his own feelings for the girl that now stood in front of him. Yes he had a crush on her once, but those feelings had evolved. Gone from being a romantic interest to more of a sisterly connection with her. He couldn't help but feel protective of her almost the same way as he does with Rhea, maybe in a way that was why Rhea had volunteered? She knew him better than anyone else and she knew how he cared for people, his friends were his friends and he considered them almost family. And even if she hadn't been that close with Evie she knew that he was and maybe that was why.

"The rain feels nice. So different than it normally is here. Rhea will be very upset when she finds out it rained while she was gone." He smiled lightly, still trying to feel out the situation between him and Evie and trying to keep the tone friendly in case she was mad at him. She was hard to read sometimes, she always seemed so happy but that could be misleading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's Raining...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Raining...?   It's Raining...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Raining...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 5 :: Houses-
Jump to: