The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On this road

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
On this road Left_bar_bleue150/150On this road Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

On this road Empty
PostSubject: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:03 pm

On this road Tumblr_lphr5qjHxy1qc0fwzo3_400
On this road Lorinamebanner
---District 12---Female---17---

Lorence, or Lori as she was called by her friends stood around aimlessly in the upper district. She was near enough to the Hob, but didn't feel like venturing in there at that particular moment. It wasn't like she had anything to trade anyways or anything she really wanted. What she did like was watching people, she loved seeing what made them tick. Human nature was an interesting thing and she took great pleasure in seeing how certain situations made people react. That was why in some sick way she had always liked watching the Hunger Games every year, they took normal kids and threw them in an arena and let them react. And the way some of them did was pure entertainment for Lori.

The last games had proven to be very interesting to Lori, she especially liked the female tribute from her district, Maria Dezlin. How she played most of the game would be how she would hope to play it, well except for the dying part of course. And maybe the romance as well, besides didn't she have a boyfriend? Lori didn't really care for the details though, it wasn't like those little things mattered anyways. She just leaned against a wall as she continued to stand in silence, thinking the whole time. But some one caught her interest. She wasn't sure why exactly, but there was something that caught her interest; some reason that she felt like she knew him or something. She wasn't sure but she was determined to find out. As he moved closer to her she spoke in his general direction. "Hey, do I know you or something? I feel like I know you." Really not the best introduction, but it would do.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Female Posts : 1194
Birthday : 1997-08-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Nixon Harley

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:37 pm

On this road Download.php?text=Griffin%20Sawyers&name=balker

On this road Francisco-lachowski-Favim.com-230996

Days like this I remember things. Last year on a day just like this, Maria was alive. She was so alive, her smile, her eyes, everything. I even remember her laugh. Days like this we would sit in the fields and talk. But she's no longer there, and people tell me everyday to get over it. They must've never lost somebody, it's harder than it looks. I decide that I'm going to trade some of my old stuff for something else. I don't need this stuff anymore. Normally I'd prefer The Hob, but Maria and I would go there sometimes and it only brings back memories. I won't be going back there for a while. A long while.

I take the items I'm planning to trade out of my pocket. A gold locket. Don't remember where I got that, but I'm sure it's worth a lot. An old watch. Well, at least it still works. And a small jacket. Somebody's gotta want that stuff. As I start examining my trading options, I hear someone speak. I'm not quite sure if the person is talking to me or not. I look up and see a girl, looks about my age, staring right at me. Her words must've been directed at me. "I'm Griffin Sawyers, I don't think I've seen you before though." Huh? I've never seen her before... Well at least I don't think. Then it comes to me why she just might know me. "I was kinda Maria's boyfriend , well besides that Josh kid. It's complicated." I say with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:12 pm

On this road Tumblr_lsrgauhADb1qbevbmo1_500

Lori straightened herself up on the wall, but still leaned against it. "Yea, that must be it then. I was actually just thinking about her. Sorry I'm sure you don't want to hear about that, you know her being your dead girlfriend and all." She started to walk away but felt something pull her back. It was some odd force, something that she hadn't felt in a long time. Maybe it was because she herself lost someone in the games or maybe something inside Lori had softened a little but she turned back towards the boy. "Hey, I'm sorry for your loss. I know how it is...to lose someone in the games. People tell you to get over it and that you shouldn't be sad or whatever, but you can't really help it. I guess I just wanted to let you know that someone understands." Lori turned away again, she really wasn't sure if he would even speak back to her or anything but standing around awkwardly just wasn't something that she did.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:06 am

On this road Tumblr_lpo3peCsvd1qjb5nbo1_500

I look back up at the girl, she must be curious, that's all. I guess that's okay, aren't we all sometimes? "It's fine, I think about her a lot too. I try not to be sad when I think about her, because then I can't remember any of the happy times, and trust me there were plenty of those." It's true. Although I miss her, I try to think of our happier moments. So I can remember her on a good note. That's what she would want, isn't it? "It feels good to have someone understand me, it feels like nobody else does." I say with a slight grin. "I just need time. That's all." I walk up next to the girl. But it crosses my mind that she said she knows how it feels to lose someone in the games. Is that suppose to mean she lost same one? I don't even know anymore. "So uh, what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:27 am

On this road Tumblr_lqusa3UtKJ1qi6d7ao1_250

Lori watched as the boy moved next to her, guess he didn't mind talking after all. After Gunnar died she had become withdrawn, but this boy was different than her in how he dealt with his death. "Yea, it feels like no one really understands me at all. But there are times I wish I could remember the good times. Instead...well I'm just me I guess. Its hard to explain." She continued walking along as he asked what her name was, she hadn't even realized that she didn't even introduce herself. "My name is Lorence Sullivan. But everyone just calls me Lori since Lorence is a pretty masculine name." She held her hand out for the boy to shake.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:44 pm

On this road GIFS-Francisco-Lachowski-male-models-22335140-390-220

"I wake up some mornings thinking she's still there, but then I realize she isn't, but she's probably happier where she is now." I say, pointing to the sky. I smile. "I hope she sees me from up there. It'd be a bummer, I want her to know I'm recovering, then her death wasn't the end of me. I think that's what she would want." I can imagine that she is watching me now. But I frown when I think about that Josh kid, they're probably together. What the hell Griffin! You're so freaking selfish! I shake my head. You're happy for her, that's she's in a better place. You just won't admit it. I look back at Lori. "So, your name's Lori. Cool name. I haven't heard it before, I like it though." I push my hair back. [b]"So, who did you lose? We all have our own little story.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Lori nodded as Griffin spoke but she didn't really listen to what he said. All the warm, fuzzy feelings and trying to rise above was a little too mushy for her tastes. But of course he asked about who she lost in the games. Gunnar. She thought about him all the time, but hadn't spoke about him in what seemed like ages. Most people just looked down on her for still having feelings about his death, even now that it has been 5 years since it happened. And talking about it with hr parents was impossible. They themselves were moe affected by his deah than she was it seemed, somehow she seemed to be the 'normal' one in her family now. "Well, 5 years ago at my first Reaping my older brothr Gunnar was reaped. He was stupid and thought that he would be able to make it all the way into the Cornucopia to get a bow and some arrows. Some careers cut him down. He didn't even make it past the first night." Lori just kept the same straight face as she spoke of her brother and his death. She had all but gotten over being sad about it, now she was just bitter.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:26 pm

On this road Tumblr_m9ojfoZcix1rao0mfo1_500

"I know how it feels, even through Maria didn't die early on, it still hurt so bad. And I understand. It's... Hard." I say, shaking my head. I replay everything in my head, since the moment she left. When I went to say  goodbye, I remember trying to give her confidence. Looking back on it, I wasn't giving her that at all. I was giving her pressure. I didn't help. But I tried. That's all that matters, right? Well she's dead now, so I guess it really doesn't matter anymore at all. I take a deep sigh. "I'm sure you were there this past reaping, where I got reaped. You know, I was prepared to die. I was ready because I knew it'd be okay, but of course a guy came up and volunteered. He's dead now. It's just....." I rub my face. "It sucks."
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:49 am

On this road Tumblr_lm0c9vbQD31qkyv14o1_400

Lori could still remember the previous Reaping if it happened yesterday. Actually it is safe to say that she could clearly remember every single one of them since her first one. Every year two kids were basically told they were going to die and everyone was supposed to pretend that it was ok in the end, but it never was. She remembered Griffin's name being called and a boy stepping up to take his place. She couldn't wrap her head around the idea of that, someone basically saying they would die in someone's place for them. "Yea he is dead, but if you think about it the way you have been maybe it is better that way. Or not, I'm not really sure which is better; to be alive or dead that is. I pretty much go to every Reaping expecting to be picked, to hear my name being called and for me to ride off into the sunset to my impending doom. I guess when you see someone close to you get killed it becomes a hard reality that it could easily be you next. But I'm not really afraid of the games or of dying, at least any pain I feel is gone." Lori spoke solemnly, knowing that she really wasn't being supportive. She looked over to Griffin, giving another shot at being sympathetic. "It isn't your fault though. He chose to go in for you for whatever reason. You didn't kill him." She hoped he could at least tell she was trying to be nice, it just wasn't easy for Lori to do.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:34 pm

On this road Tumblr_maii59jiVa1qg0bes

Lance was so young. But one of the bravest people ever. Most people would stand after a name is called, celebrating that it wasn't their name. Not him. He did the opposite of celebrating and took my place. Remembering it, I couldn't say much more than thank you when happened, I remember it so vividly. 'Griffin Sawyers' Me walking up to the stage. 'No, I volunteer! I volunteer as  tribute!' 'Good luck. Win. I know you can do it.' But he didn't. He died, didn't even make the first night the poor kid. "I like to think that everything happens for a reason. That everybody has a job, and for him it was to die. It's a terrible job, a terrible point, but it was his. And if my job was to die, I would be dead. If my job was to love Maria, I would also be dead because I served my point. No, I had to have had another piece to this world. I haven't found it yet, but it's somewhere and I really wanna know what it is so I can be who I'm meant to be. I don't wanna die before I've filled my purpose, because that would mean my life was a complete waste and I won't accept that. I wanna die knowing I accomplished what I needed. You get what I'm saying?"I flashed a little grin for some reason. I think I mean every word. I need to know why I'm here, why I'm not a complete waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 10:44 pm

On this road Tumblr_maijwmRvPY1r9mxlto1_250

Lori stopped in her tracks after Griffin said his piece. She had not ever thought about the philosophical things in life; the only thing about life that she ever thought of was how it was a dark and cold thing that she had to struggle through and how it could almost instantly and very easily be ended. But his statement had stopped her movements, stopped her mind almost. What am I supposed to say to that? She looked up at Griffin with a surprise in her eyes. For the first time in a long time she was speechless. "I..." Lori struggled to get any words out. She was honestly stumped, but she did understand what he was saying, it was just something she couldn't really get into words. "I get what you mean, I just don't see the point in worrying about that. All those things, it won't matter in the end. But I guess that is where you and I differ. You try to see the positives from your loss, while all I can see from mine is bitterness and negativity. I am kinda envious of you ya know? There are times I wish I could think that way, unfortunately I can't"

Lori started moving again, but now she was in her own head picking away at her own thoughts. She didn't want to be in her head, it was too dark in there. She started walking, "I'm going to go do something..." Lori said and then turned facing Griffin before raising an eyebrow at him. "Do you want to join me?"
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:26 pm

On this road Tumblr_lnckalDwAG1qgqq8eo1_r2_500

My dad had once told me that you have to life each day like its your last, because it easily could be. Each day is a gift, not a right. So treat it like one, for it won't be forever. I treated his words as a joke for the longest time. That is, up until that horrible day where his life was taken by the mines. I started taking everything he said to me seriously, especially that. He truly did treat everyday a if it was last, he did the best he could.Yet I took everything as a freaking joke back then, like it would never mater. I was a moron for that. I was an idiot. "You may envy the way I think but trust me, you won't like the way I act. I'm a manic who plays with fire." I say, shaking my head. "And I try to think positive but sometimes it only make things worse. Sometimes it's just as bad as being negative, and..." I find myself trailing off. "Maria was the second person I loved that I lost. My dad had died earlier, and I thought it was gonna be okay finally after like forever. Then soon after she died and I couldn't bear the pain." I sigh. "I was pretty negative, and I'd be lying if I said I always think positive."

Lori starts walking. 'Wanna join me?' She asks me. I'm assuming it has to have something to do with this, so I decide to tag along. "Sure." I say walking up to her. Maybe this would be some way to let everything out, the words that we could never say.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 pm

On this road Tumblr_lphr5qjHxy1qc0fwzo1_400

Lori let a little grin move over her face as Griffin mentioned setting fire to things. "Now setting things on fire is more my style." Lori continued moving towards the meadow and woods on the outside of District 12. But what she had in mind was not something as drastic as setting fire to a tree or anything. "Don't worry though...I promise I won't get you in too much trouble." Lori gave Griffin an ominous look before turning and walking towards her destination.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On this road Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this road   On this road Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On this road
Page 1 of 1