The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Luring them in.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:15 pm



Heather nodded towards Lenina in thanks. "Thanks," she said out loud, just in case it wasn't clear enough. She didn't waste any more of their precious time, though, and turned back to Marcie. Actually, nothing really gets to me, I just like arguing... but there's no time to discuss that now. It's a pretty hardcore girl fight. Got to stay focused. She grabbed her other knife from the quiver on her back and slashed them in a crossing motion in the general direction of Marcelina's flesh. She's going to die, Heather decided. Even if Len gets to kill her, this kid is going to die. She smiled at the thought, hoping and knowing that it would come true. It didn't strike her as odd that she wanted someone dead, and not just gone, but literally, painfully, lifelessly dead. It wasn't even the first time. But it mattered, in her mind, because it was happening now, and it directly affected the future. Not just the future, but Heather's entire life. Technically, every moment had the potential to change her, but the point was that this specific moment was the one currently in progress, and she knew exactly how she wanted it to go.

Guest carried out 1 launched of one Attack(7) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:12 pm

I grunt in anger as my attack does nothing. I guess I'm not as good with a sword as I thought. Suddenly, I'm knocked off balance, but only a little bit. I pull up the sword to block the follow up attack. "Since when am I a spare?" I say in response to Rafe's statement. Then I stab at my attacker, hoping to get a hit in before I back up and look around for any way out, since my last search had failed. As My mind is still processing the images, I take a defensive stance.

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Escape (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wyoming

avatar

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-28
Birthday : 1991-01-16
Age : 26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
301/301  (301/301)
Character Name:: Lyre Kovak
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Marcelina rolled her eyes at the wannabe career.
"keep on babbling." she taunted, "maybe someday someone will care about you, but probably not, since the careers will kill you once they're done with me."
she said that because she was being attacked by them as well, and their hits seemed to always do more damage--must have been something to do with what they did before the games and why they were called careers. she figured that if Aaron kept missing, they would remain dreadfully outnumbered.

she took the hit from this girl anyways, attempting instead to block the one from the Career girl. she needed to try and hightail it out of here, and so as she attempted to block Len's attack, she swung towards Heather, and looked for a way out.

Wyoming carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Wyoming carried out 1 launched of one Attack(5) (Image not informed.) :
Wyoming carried out 1 launched of one Escape (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 103

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:47 pm



Lenina just shook her head, honestly she didn't mind if the girl from 5 kept running her mouth. It was just adding the fuel to Heather's already growing anger and what better weapon for the girl from District 7 than a growing hate inside of her. She gripped her axe again and coiled her arm back then side stepped out of Marcelina's way as she went to attack Heather and missed. She then took the opportunity of the opening created by Marcelina's attack and slashed down with the axe. Although it was no Swiss dagger it was at least something she had trained with before, though her most favorite weapon would prove useful in a time like this. The small blade was much smaller and easier to maneuver with compared to the blade of the axe she had now. Lenina slashed towards the girl's side hoping to get a good torso hit in there, but really any hit would do.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Retired Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 4071
Join date : 2012-03-02
Birthday : 1997-11-02
Age : 20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:27 am

Marcelina had found an exit into the towers, meanwhile Rafe could hear Astrid screaming and crying as if she was being tortured, it had sounded very real.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Posts : 4572
Join date : 2011-02-09
Birthday : 1995-12-11
Age : 22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:37 am

Rafe Terrn


Rafe winced, just able to put up a sword to try and deflect the boy's attack. He dropped to one knee momentarily, wondering if the others could hear anything like he could. He came to terms with the fact that anything they could do now, he had to win the games to protect her from. He readied himself and lifted his head away from the ground, giving Aaron an evil glare, he was the one standing in the way of Rafe going home right now. Rafe's breathing was ragged, angry and uneven, he pushed off his knee from the ground and swung at Aaron with his good arm.

Loki carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Loki carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) (Image not informed.) :

__________________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tribute
None
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters
Joshua Shramp, 19, District 4
Christopher Terrn, 6, District 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victors
Jacob Barker, 24, District 7, 26th Games
Rafe Terrn, 25, District 2, 29th Games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 am



Heather cursed as Marcelina got away. "That little- ugh!" she shook her head. "She's such a coward. Who runs away from a fight? These are the Hunger Games, sweetie," she called after Marcie's fading echo of a shadow. "Everybody dies. Well," she paused, speaking mostly to the tunnel now and not calling out in the distance. "Except for one of us. But they still aren't great odds." Heather giggled, but soon noticed that Rafe might as well use some help. She glared at Aaron. "One thing you should know about careers," Heather said with a serious tone in her voice, which was rare. "We look after our own." She jammed the edge of her knife towards Aaron's sword, hoping it would block the blow.


Guest carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 103

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:22 am



Lenina watched as the girl from District 5 ran into the shadows. It was like a lion watching its prey run from it, and it was quite disappointing to say the least. She should have been able to stop her, should have been able to kill her before she had a chance to escape. She just couldn't let that go, and after they dealt with the boy from District 10 she would make sure they went after the coward next. She ran over to the rest of the careers and brought her axe up in an attempt to block his attack on Rafe then stood in front of him as she spoke. "Aww it looks like your little buddy left you alone to fight as all on your own. Even for me that's a little low, and I wouldn't think twice about slitting these two throats when the time comes." She gave him a mischievous smile as she brought the axe around and went for a hit.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:43 am

I frown as Marcelina leaves. So much for our alliance. Now I'm stuck with these guys. But soon I'll make my way out, with or without Marci's help. I'm too late to block Rafe's attack, but I pull up my sword to deflect the district 2 girl's attack. Then I stab at Rafe again, trying to focus my attacks on one of them, to take them down.

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Retired Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 4071
Join date : 2012-03-02
Birthday : 1997-11-02
Age : 20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:51 am

Rafe could continue to hear Astrid, meanwhile, Aaron started to hear his sister, Ashley, and she was crying and telling him he wasn't good enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Posts : 4572
Join date : 2011-02-09
Birthday : 1995-12-11
Age : 22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Rafe Terrn


Rafe guessed that the other girl had ran away, because his allies were helping him now. He looked at Aaron with a flicker of hatred, induced by the voice. He tried his best to ignore it, stay on task, but the voice in his head was loud, and he couldn't control it. Why me? he asked himself, and surprisingly, he answered back. 'Because they know you're strong' he has told himself. Rafe couldn't dwell on how he was conversing with himself in his mind without trying, he jumped forward and swung at Aaron, with much intent to harm him.

Loki carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) (Image not informed.) :

__________________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tribute
None
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters
Joshua Shramp, 19, District 4
Christopher Terrn, 6, District 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victors
Jacob Barker, 24, District 7, 26th Games
Rafe Terrn, 25, District 2, 29th Games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wyoming

avatar

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-28
Birthday : 1991-01-16
Age : 26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
301/301  (301/301)
Character Name:: Lyre Kovak
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Marcelina saw Aaron attempting to escape too, and assumed that he'd be able to make it out with her. if he did, then that was great; if not... well, then that would save her the trouble of having to break an alliance later.
Hers were legs of a runner, and it seemed that finally this sort of thing paid off. she made a break for it. she wasn't surprised as the girl from '2 tried launching an attack at her as she fled, but she did briefly pivot around to block it, not even stopping her pivot till she had spun a full 360 degrees and kept on running far, far away...

Wyoming carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Posts : 4572
Join date : 2011-02-09
Birthday : 1995-12-11
Age : 22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:37 pm

(Wy, you escaped already, if you post now you can't run away again. You just leave after you escape.)

__________________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tribute
None
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters
Joshua Shramp, 19, District 4
Christopher Terrn, 6, District 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victors
Jacob Barker, 24, District 7, 26th Games
Rafe Terrn, 25, District 2, 29th Games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:43 pm

I grunt with the effort of holding my sword up to block. Then I hear crying, and I recognize Ashley's voice. "Aaron, why aren't you winning for me? I thought you could do this! But I guess I was wrong; you're not good enough, will never be good enough to win!" She said, before crying again. I know this is some illusion from the gamemakers; Ashley's dead, so she couldn't be talking to me. But it gets inside my head anyway. I grit my teeth and stab at Rafe. "Don't worry sis, I'll win for you," I say under my breath as I draw back for a second.

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 103

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:49 pm



Lenina gripped the axe again as she readied another attack on the District 10 boy. It was at this time that she realized that she didn't know any of the other tributes' names besides Rafe's and Heather's. This really didn't concern her though, they were not important enough for her to remember and they were going to die anyways. Maybe if she wanted to be friends with any of the tributes she would have taken the time to learn their names, but she didn't care. Lenina had gotten lost in her thoughts, but not enough to stop her from attacking her target with a blow from her axe. She then went to deflect the blow that was being sent towards Rafe. She could notice him starting to crack a little, but from what she was unsure. Well she would have to keep an eye out for him, but for now she had a feeling he would be able to pull out of it.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) (Image not informed.) :
Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:15 pm


Heather ducked behind Lenina and Rafe and came up behind the District 10 boy. She gripped both of her knives and drove them towards him, whipping them away again afterwards. "I know people like you," she whispered in his ear. "The extras. They never win. They make allies, sure, and go on their merry little way, but sooner or later, they die. And you know what happens then?" She turned around the others and glared at him from the front. "Nobody cares..." With that, Heather smiled briefly, putting on of her knives away. It was easier to work with just one hand occupied, anyway. She didn't really care about killing Aaron. She mainly wanted that Marcelina kid to die. Oh well, this will have to do for know. Hm... I hope she goes and finds that little girl from 6... it would make my die if that child killed her. Almost as much as me killing her myself... honestly, as long as Marcie dies, I'm good. Heather looked at Aaron. He seemed to be a bit distracted. Cool, she thought. Makes killing him that much easier.


Guest carried out 1 launched of one Attack(7) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 4071
Join date : 2012-03-02
Birthday : 1997-11-02
Age : 20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:33 pm

No Change
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Posts : 4572
Join date : 2011-02-09
Birthday : 1995-12-11
Age : 22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Rafe Terrn


Rafe growled, literally growled in an animal-like tone at Aaron. Somehow, things were personal, 'Kill him, kill them all!' he was telling himself, taking moments to glance at his allies as well as Aaron. Then something else came through his mind, another voice? 'Don't kill your allies... yet'. What the hell was wrong with him? Rafe didn't pause to ponder it though, maybe these voices could help? He held on to this thought and swung out at Aaron with his cutlass.

Loki carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) (Image not informed.) :

__________________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tribute
None
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters
Joshua Shramp, 19, District 4
Christopher Terrn, 6, District 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victors
Jacob Barker, 24, District 7, 26th Games
Rafe Terrn, 25, District 2, 29th Games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 103

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:59 pm



Lenina sighed as she failed to hit her target, she hated when she missed and it just bugged her that she was too busy in her own thoughts to make sure she hit. This couldn't happen again. "Don't get used to that miss, because it won't be happening again." Just like she had done many times before, Lenina kept her words direct and to the point. She hated useless chatter and although she loved to taunt people it seemed she wouldn't need to do much of that because Heather had that covered. She slashed the axe upwards towards the boys torso. She needed to hit, missing wasn't something she could afford to do again. Not when she was this close to the end.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:03 am

I grit my teeth as Heather speaks, telling me I'm going to die. I switch my target to her, because I'm obviously not doing anything with Rafe. As I pull back, I feel the sting of two new wounds. I see Lenina's axe coming at me and try to bounce it off of my sword.

Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Heather didn't know whether to be offended or pleased that Aaron had attacked her. She would have felt a bit insulted if she had never gotten attacked, but it was nice to sort of be invisible to the other tributes. Just a random career, not the biggest threat. Still, it didn't really matter whether he attacked or not so long as she or someone else successfully blocked it. She didn't bother with any more taunts, seeing exactly how far they got her, and just ducked to avoid the sword, bringing her knife around in an arc on her way so she could try and get a nice, long gash. Heather backed away and stood up, dusting off her knees. The Games were going more quickly than she had anticipated.

Guest carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :

Guest carried out 1 launched of one Attack(7) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 4071
Join date : 2012-03-02
Birthday : 1997-11-02
Age : 20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Aaron now had a clear path to the towers, although as he left he took the damage from Heather.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Posts : 4572
Join date : 2011-02-09
Birthday : 1995-12-11
Age : 22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 pm

Rafe Terrn


Rafe stood up straight, watching Aaron go. Astrid's screams were less effective now. The other voices in his head were drowning her out. He wasn't exactly sure if they were any better, but at least they didn't make him feel depressed and enraged. He took a few deep breaths, not turning, and addressed his allies, "Shall we go finish them off?" he asks. Conveniently, both Aaron and Marci had ran from them in the same direction, there couldn't be many more places for them to hide.

His head was on a different boat entirely, conversation wise, instead of the calmness Rafe exhibited on the outside with his question, the voices were mad at work debating some possibilities. On one hand, Rafe liked the input they gave, but on the other hand, he was getting a freaking headache from all the racket. "We can take them all out with the pack, why cause problems with our allies before we have to?" a lighter tone reasoned, "Because, they will only get in the way of things" a gruff voice was saying, "Best to slice them up now and hunt the others alone, two are crippled and one is but a child!" the banter continued, and on his latest count, Rafe could hear four different voices going off about things. It was like he was sharing a mind with other people.

__________________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tribute
None
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters
Joshua Shramp, 19, District 4
Christopher Terrn, 6, District 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victors
Jacob Barker, 24, District 7, 26th Games
Rafe Terrn, 25, District 2, 29th Games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 103

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:07 pm



Lenina watched as the boy from District 10 ran off in the same direction as his ally from District 5. Another escape, another reason for her to be disappointed. She hated when things didn't go her way and this was just another thing that made her angry. She heard Rafe's suggestion and wanted nothing more than to go after their prey. "Yea let's go. We don't want to miss the heartwarming reunion do we?" She gave a grin towards her allies as she started to walk in the direction the other tributes ran off in.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:16 pm



Heather grinned. "After you," she said with a grin, hoping it was clear that she agreed. They're both cowards, she thought to herself, meaning Marcelina and the boy from 10. They deserve to die. Not that Heather had a problem with motiveless murder, it just made it a bit more fun if there was revenge involved. She couldn't wait. Killing pesky tributes was certainly something she could get excited about. Heather tapped her foot, impatient, and followed the other two a split second after their departure. She couldn't help but notice that Rafe looked a bit disturbed, but mentioned nothing. Maybe he's just happy, she mused. Must be weird for ol' stone face to want to crack a smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Luring them in.   

Back to top Go down
 
Luring them in.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 29th Hunger Games :: The Arena :: 29th Arena :: Tunnels :: East Tunnels-
Jump to: