The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Be all thy sins remembered

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Be all thy sins remembered Left_bar_bleue150/150Be all thy sins remembered Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Be all thy sins remembered Empty
PostSubject: Be all thy sins remembered   Be all thy sins remembered Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:18 am

Be all thy sins remembered Tumblr_m5sbdansIE1rvu79uo4_250
Be all thy sins remembered Rheanamebanner
---District 5 Mentor---Female---17---

Rhea had arrived from the Capitol after her most recent stay. She could have stayed longer, but the deaths of her mentees namely Henry's death had proven to have more of an impact than she had originally thought. Although she didn't know either of them much she had felt some weird connection with Henry. She wasn't sure if it was because he had volunteered like she had or if maybe it was because of Chase and the promise she had made to him to protect him. She was sure Chase wouldn't even want to see her at all, she let his friend die and she hadn't stopped it though she tried. Rhea rode into the familiar district where she had spent 17 years of her life on the silver high speed train that came from the Capitol. Much unlike her homecoming the first time there was no one there to greet her, no screams of joy. Her arrival alone before the games were over meant only one thing, both the male and female tributes were dead. There would be no victor from District 5 this year, and that meant no extra rations as well.

Rhea had walked through the empty, quiet streets. She kicked a rock in front of her a few times letting the dust from the dry district float into the air as it left her boots. Much unlike the clothes she had worn in the district, she was actually able to pick out these ones and it consisted of a simple pair of denim jeans, plain t-shirt and some brown leather boots. She felt more comfortable in these clothes then she did in anything Heath the new stylist for District 5 had picked out. She had butt heads with him a few times over the dress she would wear for appearances originally wanting her to wear a garish blue dress that barely covered her thighs, he said it would "Lets people know you are from District 5." Which she followed up with, "Everybody in the Capitol knows where I am from. I am the most recent victor, only a short while ago I was on those screens. I don't think they have forgotten so soon." That shut him up fast. And so he agreed to let her wear the simple lace dress that she ended up wearing. It was similar to the dress she wore to her homecoming but in an elegant black color to signify the maturity that she now possessed. Rhea much preferred being able to pick out her clothes or choose from a different variety of things, not just simply being told 'here is what you are wearing.'

Roe had greeted her when she returned to her large house nestled in the Victor's Village and he had done a much better job keeping it together than he had their small shack while she was gone the first time. "I wish I knew you were coming home this early, I would have met you at the train station. I'm....sorry about Henry and Marcelina." Roe said in his normal understanding tone, as he reached out to hug his sister. He knew that she would feel like garbage after their deaths and he was right. They were twins after all. Rhea felt herself melt into Roe's hug and just stood there for a few moments letting the seconds and emotions pass by her. But no matter how hard she tried to make herself forget she just couldn't. Normally a hug from Roe made her forget her feelings, but this time it just didn't seem to work. Have we drifted apart since the Games? It was hard for her not to think that, they had been so close before the 28th games, but now he had seemed so distant to her. She couldn't help but remember the dreams and fears she had in the arena, which Roe would not be able to think of her the same way since she had taken a life. Roe let her be from there, whether it was from his own thoughts or knowing that she would most likely want to be alone in hers Rhea wasn't sure. But she accepted it nonetheless. Soon enough Roe had left her alone altogether, leaving the house for his own shift at the power plants where he had secured a job with his father, and even with their new found wealth he still worked. "I will see you later," was the quick goodbye he had given to her as he left.

Rhea settled in to her dwelling for a moment before deciding that she just couldn't be there any longer. She had gotten over the fact that it just didn't quite feel like home especially without her father there but now it was just cabin fever that seemed to be getting to her. She had been pent up in the Capitol her entire stay and more than anything she just wanted to get out back onto the streets of District 5. But not before going into her new room and putting the silver leaf necklace into the music box her father gave her when she was much younger and he was much happier. She pulled her hair back trying her best to catch the loose blonde strands that tried to escape from her grasp. She let the ponytail she made hung down her back, a congregation of blonde strands that fell delicately down her back. She looked at herself in the mirror; it was the first time in a week or so since she had seen her face with the makeup that had been put onto her face in the Capitol. It felt so clean and light compared to that and even though they never put too much on her to make sure they kept the same look that she had from the Games it still felt weird to have any on. She liked this look more than the one they gave her in the Capitol. Rhea felt more like herself when she looked like this, she didn't feel like she was wearing a mask for the public.

Rhea grabbed a small brown leather bag that she had owned for a long time; the leather was worn and it was discolored in some areas. She put it around her body and let hit hang loosely from her shoulder. She also put a very worn leather bound journal that contained all of her mother's notes in it. If she was going to go out she might as well try to do the things she used to do back when things were normal. So she might try and see if she could find some plants and herbs that she could use for a later purpose if she needed it. This is stupid She thought to herself, If you ever need medicine you can just buy it. One perk of winning is that you are much wealthier than what you used to be. Rhea dismissed the thoughts though, she could always use a refresher. Besides medicines could end up in short supply and it was then up to you to use the elements. You needed to gather what you could during the times they grew so then you had a supply if you needed it. And besides...she wanted to get out of the stuffy house and she could always use something to do.

Rhea stepped out of the house and let the rays from the sun hit her skin. It instantly started to warm her exposed arms and face. She stood there for a moment on the steps not really sure where she was going to go or what exactly she was going to do. She plopped herself down on the steps in front of the door and sat there in her own silence. She cradled her head in her hands and let the warmth from the sun cover her as she got lost in her own thoughts. She had hardly noticed when she could hear footsteps in the distance. The one good thing from the games that she had gained was the ability she had to pick up on these small sounds even when she wasn't particularly paying attention. She lifted her head and saw Chase approaching. Great he is coming to yell at me, blame me for everything and honestly I don't blame him for that. She looked in his general direction, unable to bring herself to look into his eyes because of the shame she felt. "....hey...." Was all Rhea quietly let out, keeping her eyes glued to the ground for fear of seeing the disappointment and anger in Chase's face.

Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Female Posts : 1194
Birthday : 1997-08-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Be all thy sins remembered Left_bar_bleue150/150Be all thy sins remembered Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Nixon Harley

PostSubject: Re: Be all thy sins remembered   Be all thy sins remembered Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Be all thy sins remembered Download.php?text=Chase%20Tobias&name=Simply%20Glamorous 

Be all thy sins remembered 281sysm

---District 5---Male---17---

People joke that times are hard sometimes. Like when their siblings steal the last slice of bread or something, and they laugh and say "Oh these times are hard." Then everything would be okay, they wouldn't know what they meant. Well I do. I now know what it's like to lose people, especially a best friend, I know how it feels to feel responsible for that. I know what it's like to have no more will to live. At least I thought I had none. Yesterday Marcelina was killed, and I felt terrible for the fact I was happy. I never liked her, there was just something about her that drive me crazy, and I don't mean that in a good way. I find myself leaving my house, going outside. It's too dreary in my head, I need to escape the blackness. Everyday it's getting darker.... Until you can't take it anymore. I stumble over, hearing the voice in my head. "You haven't talked in a while." I mumble while trying to stand straight again. I wanted to see how life was without my guidance, not so good eh? "Shut up, I'm fine." No you aren't, because you have me in your head. And unfortunately I'm right. I'm truly insane.  I keep walking, keeping my mind blank until I see her. "Rhea." I whisper into the air. No, I thought it was a mutt. You're definitely the sharpest tool in the shed. I groan. "There's a difference between stupidity and sight. And shut it will you? She's going to think I'm crazy." I snap to myself. Then I approach her. "I'm not angry."I know that she knows I mean about Henry. "It's my fault. Not yours." I and decide I need to feel better about everything. Whether she approves or not, I pull Rhea into a deep hug. When I pull away, I say, "I thought about ending my life, but then I thought of you."
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Be all thy sins remembered   Be all thy sins remembered Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Be all thy sins remembered Tumblr_lpmgveDhGH1qir2kto8_250

Rhea felt Chase come and hug her and she wrapped her arms around his neck. She couldn't help but feel so bad for letting Henry die. She was his lifeline to the world and she was so close to getting him that medkit. It just wasn't fast enough, the deal had just happened right as his cannon went off. If only he hadn't run right into the Careers path, had he waited for a few moments maybe things would have been different. She could only replay the what if situations in her mind, it haunted her now even more than Kaspar's death. Henry's fall, her failure and Chase's disappointment. Maybe that was the thing, Chase's disappointment that scared her the most.

She felt so conflicted. He should be mad at her, not hugging her. He should be yelling at her like she yelled at herself everyday since it happened. "Why aren't you mad? I'm the reason he is dead. Its all my fault! I wasn't fast enough to get him the medkit Chase, I caused his death." Rhea wanted to push away from him, but she couldn't she only pulled him closer. "How did I stop you? I failed you?"
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Be all thy sins remembered   Be all thy sins remembered Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Be all thy sins remembered Tumblr_m9pji8LEpE1qmlrd6o8_r1_400

"It's not your fault. I let him go there, it's me. I know you tried, but he sacrificed himself. He didn't fight them in the end, so it wasn't you." I don't want Rhea to feel this way, it makes me really upset. "Rhea." I say softly. When she is hurting, I am too, so this is killing me. What are you doing? Oh yeah, demeaning her to shut up, you're a real gentleman. "I'm not doing that!" I yell. Great job you freak. "I.. I Be quiet!" I yell. I put my hands over my ears, until the voice finally goes away. Then I look at Rhea. "Look I can explain there's voices in my head... I wasn't yelling at you.... It's so noisy inside my head... I.. I.. I.." I turn my head, and a few tears fall. Kiss her. Do it, she isn't angry. And for once, I take my own advice. I turn around and kiss Rhea, and the voice disappears. The one moment where I'm not insane, I'm not hurt or crying. The one moment where I'm really me.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Be all thy sins remembered   Be all thy sins remembered Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Be all thy sins remembered Tumblr_lpmgveDhGH1qir2kto7_250

Rhea shook her head at what he said, "No if it is anyone's fault it is mine. He chose to go, you couldn't do anything about that. But I was all he had in the Capitol, I was his lifeline. It is all my fault that he is dead now." Everything was happening around her so quickly. "Look I can explain there's voices in my head... I wasn't yelling at you.... It's so noisy inside my head... I.. I.. I..," and then he kissed her. He pulled her in and kissed her. She knew how it felt to feel like you were crazy, like everything was falling apart around you. She looked at him as he pulled away, almost shocked that he had even done that. Not that she didn't approve, in fact she had started to feel things for Chase for awhile now, but it was hard with the memory of Kaspar in the back of her mind. She could see the few tears leave his eyes and she delicately wiped his away even though she knew she had a few starting to form in her own eyes. "Don't worry Chase, I understand. I don't think you are crazy, in fact I think you are more normal then you give yourself credit for." Rhea then did something without even really thinking about it, she put her arms around his neck and kissed him back.

Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Be all thy sins remembered   Be all thy sins remembered Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:55 am

Be all thy sins remembered Tumblr_m0onylUIxW1qmlrd6o2_400

I hope she isn't angry... I prepare myself for her to totally reject me, I'm not all that great, I'd understand it. But no. She doesn't do that at all. Instead, Rhea wipes my tears. "I -am crazy. But I guess we are all a little crazy, aren't we?" I smile a bit. It really feels like someone finally understands. It's like a breath of fresh air, and the air is as dirty as smoke around here. Then Rhea pulls me back into a kiss. This time I dot feel the shock of it happening though, being scared of rejection. This time I can actually enjoy it, I can feel how it really feels. And by the time it's over, I have a smile plastered on my face. [b]"I don't know much about the Capitol, but I do know that people call it magical. What we have is more magical than that." I then wish I hadn't said that, it's so soon and... You're rushing it pretty boy.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Be all thy sins remembered   Be all thy sins remembered Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 1:14 am

Be all thy sins remembered Tumblr_ltv3p0v5bI1qzjguoo1_500

"I don't know much about the Capitol, but I do know that people call it magical. What we have is more magical than that." Rhea let out a giggle after Chase said that, but not in a way that was meant to be rude. This small laugh was the only way that Rhea could vocalize the giddiness she was feeling in the pit of her stomach. "Well I have been to the Capitol. And honestly it wasn't nearly as amazing as that moment just was." She really didn't know what anything she felt even meant, but she like feeling this way. It was the best she had felt in awhile. She rested her head against Chase's shoulder, just letting herself be there for a moment before speaking again. "I...I'm not really sure what is going on inside my head right now. But it is like a thousand voices are trying to tell me to do so many different things. I don't know what any of this means. Do you ever feel like that?" She had a feeling she knew the answer already, but it was only after she said it that she kicked herself for letting the words escape her mouth. Make him feel self conscious why don't you? Rhea had started to get into her head now...something she didn't want to do. She quickly tried to change the subject, make things a little less awkward. "So...this weather huh? Its pretty warm out." Mission success, Rhea Glass had officially had another 'open mouth, insert foot' moments.

Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Be all thy sins remembered   Be all thy sins remembered Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:43 pm

I let out a small smile to our cheesy statements, but most people wouldn't get it, the words just come naturally. It's like blurting out something stupid when you're nervous. It comes so naturally, you just can't help it. Therefore when Rhea leans her head on my shoulder, I lean my head down on hers. But when she spoke about the voices inside her head... My mind just explodes with voices, I can't even make out what they're saying. I feel like my eardrums are going to burst. But they won't. It's inside my head. "try a million voices. That's all I hear these days, the voices in my head." I practically yell the phrase, because it's so loud I can barely hear. My hands are over my ears and my eyes squeezed shut. Finally it gets quiet for the most part, except for the one voice that talks the most. I'm gonna tell you something kid. Maybe it'll help you out. All these voices, are the voice you want to be. I look back at Rhea. "But the voices.... Something tells me they are the voice I want to have. To be. You get what I'm saying right?"

I see Rhea trying to make it a bit less awkward b changing to subject. I smile. "Yeah, it's really nice out. I wish we got weather like this all the time." I say while looking up towards the sky. "So can I see the house? I've always wanted to see a victor's house, so why not do it now."
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Be all thy sins remembered   Be all thy sins remembered Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:03 am

Be all thy sins remembered Tumblr_ljdt2hEq0U1qaiasao1_500

Rhea smiled as Chase spoke. His words actually made sense in some weird way, although she couldn't quite pinpoint exactly how though. "Yea, I think I understand what you are saying. I'm not sure how, but I understand." Rhea then looked towards her new abode and shrugged a little as Chase asked to see the inside. She really didn't see why that would be a problem. It was kinda funny, she had tried to leave the stuffiness of her manor by going outside, yet she hadn't even gotten 50 feet away from it. "Sure, but really it isn't that great. I mean it is nice and very fancy." She walked towards the door and opened it. She held her arm out motioning for Chase to enter. "Welcome to my humble abode. I'm sorry if it is slightly messy or anything. I only just got home and well, I left Roe alone for a couple weeks. He isn't known to be the most neat person in the world, but I think he did a decent job. Much better than my last homecoming that's for sure." Rhea smiled as Chase walked in, almost eager to hear his opinion on the manor.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be all thy sins remembered   Be all thy sins remembered Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Be all thy sins remembered
Page 1 of 1