The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Into the Woods

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 104

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:21 pm



---District 12---Female---17---

Lori kept running, and while she did so she stuffed most of the supplies into her backpack not even bothering to take a look at what was inside yet. She needed to put distance between herself and all the others. Except Nicanor that is. She kept running, but had to keep stopping. She was quick on her feet but her stamina wasn't that great. After a few stops and catching her breath Lori decided to walk some with the occasional jogging bits, she just couldn't stop that was all she knew.

They had broken through the different areas and reached what looked like a forest. Good, trees. She looked over to Nicanor who was following behind her. Lets rest for a minute before going forward. Ok?" She decided take a look at what was in her pack as she moved the backpack that she collected forward and unzipped it. Might as well just check now, know what I need to look for. She opened the pack and peeked inside after moving around the few supplies she had gathered and threw into there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeomen

avatar

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-20
Birthday : 1993-05-20
Age : 25

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name:: Viridiana Sovari
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Nicanor kept running just behind Lori. Unlike Lori, Nic was very use to running for long distances and did not have to stop to catch his breath. Although he would stop when Lori stopped so he did not get ahead of her. They had been running for while when they finally came upon some trees. "Finally some cover", Nic thought to himself as he caught up to Lori who was going to check her backpack. That was a good idea so Nic went up beside her and took his backpack off and laid it on the ground. "That sounds good to me", he replied to Lori as he unzipped his backpack and took a look inside it for the first time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Lori's backpack contains some berries, and Nicanor's is even more peculiar. He takes out a compounded mass of vinyl, but accidentally drops it, and as soon as it touched the ground something snaps and the thing fills with air. It appears to be a blow-up doll dressed like a princess. Suddenly, a little baby black bear comes out of the forest, steals Lori's berries, and begins to bounce around on the mushrooms, nomming on the berries, which stain his paws purple.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 104

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:57 pm



---District 12---Female---17---

Lori saw the doll fall out of Nic's hands and begin to blow up. She couldn't contain the giggle anymore as she saw the gift. "What the hell is that?" She raised her eyebrow towards him and shook her head. Then she looked into her bag and reached in to find a bunch of berries, but before she knew it or even had time to ready and arrow a small bear came and took the sweet fruits from her. She grabbed the bow and readied an arrow, pulling back on the string and aiming for the small cub. She was ready to let go, ready to try and kill the creature. It would provide the two tributes with enough meat for a few days. But as the bow lowered and the arrow removed from the string she felt so weak. "You can't even kill a bear cub! How do you expect to kill a tribute? You were always weaker than Gunnar." Lori shook her head and decided to approach the bear, her bow and arrow still in her hands in case she needed to use it. She knelt down by the bear and held out her hand hoping the creature would approach her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeomen

avatar

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-20
Birthday : 1993-05-20
Age : 25

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name:: Viridiana Sovari
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Nicanor took a glance into his bag and found something that looked really weird. he pulled it out and dropped it on the ground to see if there was anything else that the bag contained. When it hit the ground it blew up into a doll that was dressed like a princess. He shook his head at the useless item he had received when he heard Lori giggle and reach into her back pack and pull out berries. He was just in the middle of saying that is useful when a small bear cub came up and stole them. Nicanor was shocked as Lori lowered her bow and approached the cub with her hand out. Nic readied his sword in case the bear attacked Lori. "Be careful", Nic said in a worried voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:45 pm

The bear lopes forward and snuggles up against Lori's hands. She can see the bear wears a little pink collar with a tag that says 'Robin' on it, which is clearly the baby bear's name. Robin licks Lori's face, chomps on her finger lightly without breaking skin, and ends up falling asleep in her lap.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 104

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:07 pm



---District 12---Female---17---

As Nicanor let out his words of concern Lori turned towards him for a moment to respond, "Don't worry. If it attacks me I will shoot it. But I don't think it will." As she continued to hold her hand out the small cub moved closer to her, nuzzling itself at first against her hand then licked her face. She flinched for a moment as the tongue touched her face but she couldn't help but let a smile come across her face. She felt her heart melt as the small thing rolled up into her lap and she remembered Milo the stray cat back in District 12 that she had taken care of. She noticed a small collar around the bear's neck with the name 'Robin' printed on it. She looked back at Nicanor and motioned for him to come and look. "Unfortunately its a weakness of mine. Cute little animals." She looked up at him for a moment then shifted her gaze back down to the small cub. Apparently cute boys too.... The smooth voice sneered at her while she knew the two others would be sighing just like she was. She stood up, putting the bear on the ground. "We should move on. We need to get more distance with the others now." She turned deciding to take the lead into the thicket that surrounded them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeomen

avatar

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-20
Birthday : 1993-05-20
Age : 25

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name:: Viridiana Sovari
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Nicanor watched as the baby bear seemed to take a liking to Lori and cuddle up in her lap. He gave a big smile when she said that cute animals was one of her weaknesses. He walked over to the bear and Lori slowly, not wanting to startle the bear since he did not know if it would just take a liking to Lori or if it would like him as well. "I agree, the farther the better", Nic replied to Lori's statement. The farther away from the other tributes the more time they have to decide on what they have to do and the more tributes that will die when they have to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:38 pm

As they advance further into the thicket, it becomes extremely difficult to see and the only light comes from the faintly glowing mushrooms, which even begin to flicker and fade. Robin shivers in her sleep, and Lori looks up to see multiple empty rope nooses hanging from the branches. Something shifts in the trees and the tributes begin to hear whispers, screams, and strange noises wherever they turn. Something is not right.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 104

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:11 pm



---District 12---Female---17---

Lori looked up to see an almost uncountable amount of nooses hanging from the branches and she knew she needed to have some. You could always use rope. She climbed one of the trees and stretched out on one of the branches. She grabbed one of the arrows and with the pointed end she moved it back and forth until the noose broke free from its branch. She reached over and repeated this two more times and had three good pieces of rope in her possession. She jumped down from the branch and landed not so gracefully on the ground, almost stumbling as she hit the ground. The darkness started to surround the two tributes and one never knew what might pop out from the trees as she started to hear the sounds of rustling and whispers around her. She entrusted Robin into Nic's arms as she turned her backpack towards her front and unzipped it. She fit Robin nicely into the small pack and left a large opening at the top, not zipping it up again so she could get fresh air. She moved the backpack back to its original placing on her back with both straps firmly secured over both of her shoulders. Lori then kept her bow and an arrow readied as she moved forwards into the thicket once more. "You ready?" She said back to Nicanor. She knew it would probably get dark and she wasn't sure if they would be able to keep close to each other. "Try to stay as close to me as possible and quiet." Lori placed one foot in front of the other, keeping her eyes and ears open as the darkness began to surround her and limit her vision.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeomen

avatar

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-20
Birthday : 1993-05-20
Age : 25

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name:: Viridiana Sovari
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Nicanor helped Lori safely secure Robin in to the back pack. The darkness was now surrounding them and Nicanor never liked being in the dark for long. Something about the darkness creeped him out. It was not the part about not being able to see, it was not knowing what lied ahead of him. He always liked to know where exactly he was going so he would be able to think out his movements. He hard Lori ask if he was ready to move out. He replied simply with, "Yes". He did not have to answer her part about being quiet since he figured it was more of a rhetorical question. He got his backpack ready and deflated the doll and stuck it back into the backpack. Then he readied the sword into his right hand and grabbed onto her backpack using the left. "just so we do not get separated", he told Lori as to why he was holding onto her bag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:40 pm

The two find themselves on a dark path... literally. The mushroom lights begin to fade away and eventually the tributes are effectively blind. There are suspicious scuffling noises coming from the branches directly in front of them that Robin seems to be terrified of.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 104

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:55 pm



---District 12---Female---17---

Lori could feel Robin begin to shift in the bag against her back and hear noises signaling her discomfort in the situation. They could turn now and run, but they were already so far in and Lori was determined to explore this area. There were noises coming from in front of them and Lori stopped, waiting too see if whatever it was would pop out and make itself known. She was good with a bow and arrow, but unfortunately for her the darkness swallowed everything up and made it hard to see. You couldn't exactly aim without seeing. She could shoot into the dark....but that would just be a waste of arrows and effort. The only thing she could do is use an arrow to stab something if she needed to so she shouldered her bow and kept a firm grip on the arrow. She couldn't shoot it, but she could still use it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeomen

avatar

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-20
Birthday : 1993-05-20
Age : 25

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name:: Viridiana Sovari
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Nicanor could feel Robin getting antsy inside of Lori's bag. Robin must be scared of what was ahead of them. With Lori only having a bow and arrow, it would not be very good at shooting at things in this kind of darkness. He pulled on the bag for Lori to stop moving, "Let me lead." he said that as he started to move in front of Lori. With his sword he would be more capable to handle anything that might jump out and attack them. He did not really ask Lori if he could lead, he just went in front , making sure to still hold onto her with his free hand. He brought the sword up into a defensive position, getting ready for a surprise attack that seemed to be coming at them at any moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:43 pm

The bushes rustle more, and out comes some sort of parasitic creature with giant, spidery black wings and a huge, sucking mouth. It latches onto Nicanor's back, making him look like a large, creepy fairy of some sort and carries him off. He cannot struggle, and appears to have become unconscious by some sort of drug in the parasite's saliva. Robin wails and buries herself deeper in the bag, terrified.

The parasite does trap damage every turn until it is killed, but only has 45 HP because it expends a lot of energy drugging, carrying, and fairy-izing Nicanor. Trap damage goes to Nicanor and Lori will have to look for and find the parasite before attacking again. Nicanor is half-conscious and can attack/block, but cannot tell the difference between Lori and the parasite mutt.

Guest carried out 1 launched of one TRAP (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 104

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:20 pm



---District 12---Female---17---

Lori could hear as Nicanor took the lead but just as he did what appeared to be a mutt came down and took him up. "What the...?" She screamed in her head as everything happened around her. Nicanor was ripped into the air and up against her back she could feel as the tiny bear paws scratched in the backpack. Lori grabbed the bow and readied the arrow, pulling back on the string and trying her best to aim at the thing that hung up her partner. But with the scratching and movement on her back it kept breaking any concentration that she had. She put down the backpack as quickly and gently as she could, trying not to hurt the small cub that was in it, but making sure to put it close enough so she could find it again. "Just relax...you can hit this. No problem. But first you have to relax...." She repeated these words in her head as she went to aim.

The thing disappeared in the darkness again, and as she held the bow ready to let go of the arrow she listened, listened for the wings that were flapping in the trees. She pinpointed it, and let go. She hoped it would hit, it was so dark that it would almost be a miracle if it did; but she had no choice but to use the bow and arrow. It was the only weapon she had and Nic was conscious enough to still be holding on to his weapon it looked like; or at least she didn't hear the sounds of it dropping to the ground.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(12) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeomen

avatar

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-20
Birthday : 1993-05-20
Age : 25

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name:: Viridiana Sovari
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Nicanor felt something grab onto him and started to drag him. He slowly started to lose his bearings as something was getting injected into him from the mutt. He was brought into the air, and he was starting to lose control of his mind. the last real thought that he had was, "God, please let Lori be alright." he was desperately trying to escape from the mutt with all of his might. He had no idea if it was even a mutt or if Lori had turned on him but he could feel the wind from whatever was attacking him. He could still feel the sword in his hand so tried to use it to block what was coming at him. Then he swung for whatever was latched onto him, trying to get it off of him.
Yeomen carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Yeomen carried out 1 launched of one Attack(12) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 pm

The mutt is angry and releases more poison into Nicanor's system. It draws back Nic's mouth and hisses, so it looks like Nicanor is the one making noise.

Guest carried out 1 launched of one TRAP (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 4070
Join date : 2012-03-02
Birthday : 1997-11-02
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:42 pm



---District 12---Female---17---

Lori couldn't tell if she hit the thing at all but she heard it hissing and more sounds of angry thrashing. So something happened, she just wasn't sure what it was exactly. She side stepped a little as she grabbed another arrow and pulled it tight against the string. She looked around for a moment waiting for something to show itself, and that was when she saw Nic's head contort itself slightly and he let out a deep hissing sound. It sounded so inhuman, so bizarre and raspy. This mutt had its claws sunk deep into Nicanor and who knew if he was even ok, she could only see his body move around like a rag doll, he looked like a puppet on a string with no control over its movements. "Nic!" She let the arrow go, aiming for the large black blob behind Nicanor and and hoped he had enough sense to try and move out of the way of the arrow if he could. That thing looked like it had a firm hold on her partner's body.

Sorella carried out 1 launched of one Attack(12) (Image not informed.) :

(Posting for Ari because she can't get the site to work. She had this all typed but then the site bugged out on her, so here's Ari's post!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeomen

avatar

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-20
Birthday : 1993-05-20
Age : 25

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name:: Viridiana Sovari
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Nicanor saw an arrow whiz by his head and miss the beast or whatever was holding him. For all he knew Lori had set this trap up to kill him off slowly and painfully. He could feel more things being injected into his blood stream and it was getting harder for him to think. Whatver was holding him up dug deeper into him. He screamed out loud at the shear pain that was being inflicted onto him. He just wanted to die and it be over already, but just giving up was not his style. he tried to deflect the latest swing from his attacker. In one swoop of his sword he went from blocking to attacking and tried to free himself once more from the grip of this beast.
Yeomen carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
Yeomen carried out 1 launched of one Attack(12) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:12 am

The parasite is getting weaker, so it uses one of its last-resort moves. It spits acid at Lori, and Robin cowers further into the backpack in fear.

Guest carried out 1 launched of one TRAP (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 104

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:46 am



---District 12---Female---17---

Lori saw the stream of acid come towards her and she jumped to the side to try and avoid it. The mutt must be getting weak as it seemed like it was using one of its last resort moves. She kept missing and it was not only frustrating but also disheartening. She only remembered how much worse she was at shooting than Gunnar, comparing herself to him at every turn like she normally did. And the one person she needed to, no wanted to help she was really unable to. Lori sighed as she closed her eyes, the judgmental voice now taking over. "You can't even help yourself? How did you think you were going to help him? You can't even shoot a bow, you're pathetic. You try to look like you are some strong person but you aren't you can't do anything." Lori felt herself getting angry as she snatched the arrow from the quiver and pulled it back on the string. She needed to just hit, this thing would be dead after one hit. She could feel it.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) (Image not informed.) :
^Block Effective
Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(12) (Image not informed.) :
^Attack Missed

(Had to edit)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeomen

avatar

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-20
Birthday : 1993-05-20
Age : 25

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name:: Viridiana Sovari
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:53 am

Nicanor was getting pretty weak from whatever was being injected into his blood stream. He even thought he was starting to hallucinate when he say this thing shoot out some kind of liquid towards almost complete darkness. He did not really care though, he just wanted this thing dead and a place where he could just lay for awhile. He put all of the energy that he could muster behind him swinging this sword. he did not want this monster to hurt anyone else. He would never wish this pain on anyone, even if they were trying to kill him. He swung the sword at the point where he thought the monsters chest was, hoping that this would be the final blow to be dealt to the monster.
Yeomen carried out 1 launched of one Attack(12) (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:14 am

The parasite hisses, this time of its own accord, and flies higher in the trees. It is too weak to attack again, but if it gets out of the forest it can find its food and replenish.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
avatar

Female Posts : 2356
Join date : 2012-06-19
Birthday : 1914-06-18
Age : 104

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:34 am



---District 12---Female---17---

Lori missed again and the voice in her head continued to scream "You can't do this, why are you even trying anymore? He will be dead soon enough and it looks like the thing is leaving." She tried her best to shake the voice as she grabbed another arrow. She aimed higher now, knowing that if she didn't hit this thing this time than it would probably fly off with Nicanor in tow. "You can't let it take him...Not only is he your partner but he is something more isn't he?" The smooth voice chimed in as the anger started to take over a bit. She calmed herself down as she readied that last arrow. She just needed to hit.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(12) (Image not informed.) :
13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Into the Woods   

Back to top Go down
 
Into the Woods
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» if you went into the woods last night...
» Healing in the Woods
» A clearing in the woods.
» Adventures in the Woods (OPEN ROLEPLAY)
» Shadows on the Horizon

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 30th Hunger Games :: Arena :: 30th Arena :: Enchanted Forest :: The Thickets-
Jump to: