The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)

Go down 
+4
Ariiyoko
Sorella
Chiiyoko
Kira
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kira

Kira

Female Posts : 389
Birthday : 1993-09-10

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Left_bar_bleue150/150Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Empty
PostSubject: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:15 am

So, besides The Hunger Games series what is your favorite book (s)?
Me
1.Maximum Ride Series
2.The Maze Runner
3.The Giver
4.Divergent Trilogy
5.Harry Potter
6.The Hunt
7.Feed.
8.Holes
9.The Outsiders
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Left_bar_bleue150/150Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:23 am

Too many books to say xD
Love the...

Dark inside series by Jeyn Roberts
Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld
Ranger's apprentice series by John Flanagan
House of night series by PC and Kristin Cast
Warm bodies
The fault in our stars
Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
Matched trilogy by Ally Condie
Delirium/Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Looking forward to reading
The maze runner
Gone series by Michael Grant
The Mortal Instruments

Hmmm, that's all I can think of in a glance but there were many more xD.

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Uhhh xD

1. Divergent Triology
2. Last Apprentice series by Joesph Delaney
3. Gemma Doyle Series
4. Percy Jackson series (Rick Rioradin[sp?])
5. Last Duchess (or My Anatasia)
6. Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban (only one I really enjoyed xD)
7. Narnia, The lion, The Witch, And the Wardrobe. (Book 2)
8. The Lost Hero (Rick Rioradin or whatever
9. Milk Weed
10. House of Night Series by P.C. Cast
11. Storm Breaker
12. Touching Spirit Bear
13. The Giver (Horrible book..xD)

I want to read...

The rangers apprentice series but haven't gotten that far.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Big surprise here is that I don't really read a lot anymore...so I'm pulling most of mine from high school. I read a lot of plays though.

Battle Royale
Lord of the Flies
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire (those are the only two I really remember and didn't go past 5)
Anything by Shakespeare (Hamlet and The Scottish Play are my favorites)

I think thats it...but I like the theme here. Books and stories where there is death and lots of it. This makes me want to evaluate my life.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:30 pm

We better enjoy our YA books while we still can xD
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Left_bar_bleue135/150Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:32 pm

1)Divergent Trilogy (Veronica Roth)
2)Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
3)Seven Realms series (Cinda Williams Chima)
4)The Heir trilogy(I'm only on the first book but so far they're wonderful.) (Cinda Williams Chima)
4)The Series of Unfortunate Events (Lemony Snicket)
5)Percy Jackson and the Olympians(And HOO) (Rick Riordion)
6)Harry Potter (J. K. Rowling)
7)Othello(Not a book, but a great play) (Shakespeare)

Some other books that aren't my favorite but I did enjoy reading

The Kane Chronicles (Rick Riordon)
All of the Narnia Books (I haven't read anything past the Silver Chair, mainly because I was confused, and began getting a little bored)
Maximum Ride (James Patterson. I was confused because Max had a different personality just about in every book.)
The Name of this Book is Secret (I don't know the authors name, it's something like Pseudomin Bosh, but of course that isn't his real name because 'pseudo' or something along the lines of that means fake.)
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
Kira

Kira

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Max didnt have a diferent persknallity in every book. She was still stubborn sarcastic, and awesome XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:47 pm

I like waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) too many books to count and I dislike listing favorites because I always forget something, but I'm currently reading a book called The Floating Islands, and it's quite good. I don't remember who it's by, though.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Left_bar_bleue135/150Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Well in one book, Max was stubborn and didn't care about love at all. Then the next one she was all lovey-dovey. And then the next one, she was so much in love that she left the flock... That's what I'm getting at.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Yes Pip you are right...Othello is a great play. So glad we have another play reader here xD or at least read one lol
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 5:24 pm

I read it in school this year, and I really liked it. So far it's the favorite play that we've read so far this year.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Thats because Iago is great xD he makes that play for me lol
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:19 pm

I read Othello, every guy in the class loved Iago. we watched movie adaptations too.

Cool guy picks up burning firewood like nothing xD
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 pm

To Pip-The seccond Maximum Ride book was my least favorite book.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Male Posts : 1443
Birthday : 1994-12-20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Left_bar_bleue400/400Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
Character Name:: Brook Shields
Alliance:: Victors

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:29 pm

There are three other books I have enjoyed very very much apart from the Hunger Games.

Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
Ender's Shadow - Orson Scott Card

I would highly recomend all three of these books. Ender's Shadow I would recomend listening to as an Audiobook, as the reading can be kind of dry. I first listened to the Lightning Thief back in 2006, and I got hooked on the series, especially the narration. Ender's game I read in 07, again, it's an amazing book, you should read it. Ender's Shadow I listened to in 2010. It's just as good as Ender's game, but a re-telling from another perspective. All 10/10 books from me.

~Snow
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergamesrp.rpg-board.net
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm going to have to add The Book Thief to the list of my favorite books. My English teacher recommended it to me, and it's a lot more popular than I had originally thought. I'm not done with it yet, but love it so far.

It's about a girl growing up during Nazi Germany, and her mother gives her and her brother up because she can't take care of them any more. And on the way to their foster-parents home, the girl(Leisel I think)'s brother dies. At the funeral, she see's a book, The Gravediggers Handbook or something along the lines of that. One night after a bed-wetting her foster father finds it and then he teaches her to read. That's just the beginning of it, and it's really cool because the narrator is Death. I guess it would be considered to be a 2nd person book, and second person is always a cool person to read(and write) in.
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Female Posts : 339
Birthday : 2000-08-30

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Left_bar_bleue0/150Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Megan Shard
Alliance:: Careers

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:07 am

1.Percy Jackson and The Olympians
2.The Heroes of Olympus (Minus The Lost Hero and thinking about booting off The Mark Of Athena too)
3.Divergent trilogy
4.Artemis Fowl
5.The Giver trilogy (The Giver, Gathering Blue, Messenger)
6. Les Miserables(Only classic that I love? XD)

I Just love the Percy Jackson series, after I struggled through Harry Potter for THREE STUPID YEARS a friends told me to read it and now I just love the books and I pulverize(Yes, in reality) anybody who disses (Disrespects) it or complements two characters in HOO who are very obvious. Artemis Fowl is nice too, but compared to Percy Jackson.....nah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:13 am

Awww, I love Artemis Fowl. I recentlyish reread the series. xD Those books are great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)   Favorite books (besides the hunfer games) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite books (besides the hunfer games)
Page 1 of 1