The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

That moment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
That moment Left_bar_bleue150/150That moment Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

That moment Empty
PostSubject: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:22 am

That moment 5m9g7
That moment Tumblr_ma441i6HpP1rwujvf

The moment they let everyone go from the Reapings, Amaya ran. She ran as fast as she could, as far as she could. She finally came to a stop by the dock and her legs gave way to the shock and exhaustion. It was terrifying. Amaya gasped for air as her eyes were still filled with shock. She pulled her knees to her chest and let out a soft, quiet and quick sob. That moment when her name was read out. Amaya Walker. Her heart was still racing as her mind relived the moment. The peacekeepers had to drag her up the stage while all she could think of was her brother. She couldn't stop thinking about him, she wasn't ready to die yet. Not yet, not ever. Amaya memories were ripped open just when they were properly tucked away for safe keeping. She couldn't stare at the people of the district she couldn't stare at anything. She closed her eyes as the boys were picked next. Chance. Amaya could feel herself breaking down as he came up to the stage as well. Was that how it felt to be up here? Sending yourself to your death bed? To suddenly have to think about how to survive a man made torture chamber?

That when those words of 'I volunteer as tribute' suddenly felt so relieving. Yet now Amaya felt like she caused that girl's death road. It was all her fault. She missed Skye a lot now. She wanted him to be here for her. What selfish thoughts of hers. She let out a shaky, long sigh as she raked her hair with her fingers. "I'm such a coward," she told the sea, giving a helpless laugh, as if her brother was a part of it. Amaya sat there for quite awhile, calming herself down and locking back up the horrible memories, until she heard footsteps around. She turned around to see who it was before clearing her slightly damp face, "sorry, give me a moment. I'm fine." Probably someone who just wants to get onto their boat or something.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 am

That moment Tumblr_mad7u6S8MD1rok5gw
That moment Fayenamebanner
---District 4---Female---16---

Faye had at this point taken the time to come to the docks right after the Reapings when most people would still be busy to notice that a boat might be gone. She had tried to be as quiet and look as nonchalantly as possible as she moved a long the dock just in case there were a few stragglers and she had to abort her mission. Faye wanted to take a boat out for a joyride, though doing it alone was going to be hard so she needed to find something small and easy to sail solo. She walked along when she thought she saw a boat that might be small enough to sail on her own. She walked towards it but as she got closer she noticed someone there by it. She was about to abort and turn around when the girl talked to her knowing that she was aware of her presence. "Oh...its ok. I'm actually probably gonna...hey are you ok?" Faye had started to turn but noticed the girl looked upset. She couldn't just leave her there.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 am

That moment 5m9g7
That moment Tumblr_lhod8aaAds1qheyz0o1_500

Amaya nodded, pulling the hem of her singlet up to her face and wiped it. "I'm.. okay. I- It's just the Reapings and all, I'm good," Amaya's voice trembled as she stood up and turned back to face the girl this time. She never seen this girl before, maybe she has or maybe not; her memory was jusst getting fuzzy at the moment. She smiled to her and then glanced towards the boats galore. "Are you going for a ride?" Amaya asked in a whisper as she paused, surveillanced the area before walking up to a rather small boat, patting the side of it as she asked another question, forcing a grin, "can I tag along?" It was such an abrupt suggestion with a stranger she probably never met before. But she needed something, anything, to do to get her mind off things.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:58 am

That moment Tumblr_mad6dsglcd1rok5gw

Faye grinned as the girl asked to tag along, "Sure, as long as you don't mind taking a boat and of course helping sail it. It makes it a lot easier with two people." Faye walked over to the small boat the girl had picked and jumped in. She held her hand out for the girl to grab and helped her on. Faye began to untie the boat then jumped out again and began to push the boat out away from the dock. She quickly jumped back in and they started going "We'll need to let out the sails once we get out a little bit so we can get sailing. I'm Faye by the way, Faye Crescent."

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:58 am

That moment 5m9g7
That moment Tumblr_ma0e22VJUl1rwujvf

Amaya gratefully took the outstretched hand and climbed onto the boat. "Sailing is my middle name," she joked as she landed her feet on the stern of the small boat. As the girl jumped out to untie to ropes that leashed in the boat, Amaya helped out to pull up the anchor that sunk at seabed. "Anchor's aweigh!" she signaled a thumbs up, hooking the anchor on the grip at the boat's hull as the girl pushed out the boat before jumping back on. Amaya scanned the docks again in case anyone was around, but who would really? Everyone would be back home celebrating their safety for another year while two families mourn. Amaya nodded and steered the rudder to guide the sailboat out of docks. She grinned and stuck her hand out to the girl who introduced herself as Faye, "Amaya Walker. Nice to meet you!" The rocking of the boat left Amaya at ease. She stretched up her arms and folded them soon after, resting her head back onto them, "it's nice to be back up on a boat! To think that it used to be such a nightmare." She closed her eyes and smiled, feeling the salty breeze that was picking up. She turned around to Faye and asked, "do you often sail these boats?"

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : when one has too much time on their hands, editting grammar and stuff can be fun :P)
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 am

That moment Tumblr_mbmqyiPJLv1re93i1o1_500

Faye nodded as the girl helped her sail out, lifting the anchor up and guiding the rudder as they moved along the marina. Faye moved along the boat and started to untie the ropes on the sails as they reached the open water. "Well sort of. I don't really own any boats. But I sometimes like to take them on joy rides, especially when people get distracted by large events...like the Reapings." In a quick motion she let the ropes go and the large cloth sails opened and caught the wind in them and pushed the boat forwards through the waves. She wound up the ropes and took a moment to relax and feel the wind against her face. "I normally come out here with my sister, but today she wasn't up to it." Faye turned back towards the girl, "What about you? Do you come to the docks often or was this a one time thing?"

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 am

That moment 5m9g7
That moment Tumblr_madhz8rUGe1rtcb3e

The docks were finally out of close proximity and Amaya's focus moved away from the rudder while Faye pulled open the sails. "Guess the Reapings have some good use after all eh?" Amaya smiled, making the somber Reapings sound less dreadful, "the only time those old geezers won't catch us here!" Everything was in set as the wind started to pick up in the sail, pushing the boat towards the horizon. Amaya lit up when Faye mentioned a sister, "Ooh you have a sister? How old is she? My younger sister used to come onto these boats all the time with my brother all the time too!" Amaya released her bent arms and thought for awhile to answer Faye's question, "mmm, 'often' wouldn't really be the best word to use. Boats were my brother's domain, not mine. But ever since he's.. well, gone, I had to take over and join the grumpy oldies to fish. Y'know, just to keep the family going. So I'm almost out on these boats every day but I rarely go for joy rides. Those old grandpas can get really sour sometimes!" Amaya managed a chuckle as her thoughts moved to visualized the pouty, lemony faces some of the older fishermen had. Amaya strolled around from the stern to the bow as she gazed to the long, large sheet of blue that seemed never ending. They couldn't get too out to sea sadly, though it'll be interesting, they'd be caught quickly. Amaya pointed out to the horizon and asked, a quick change of subject to move on to, "have you ever gone really far out? People always say we'd get caught if we do. I always wonder what's at the other side of this." She really did wonder, was it another piece of land? Another district? Or does it just go on and on forever?
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:47 am

That moment Tumblr_mbmqyiPJLv1re93i1o1_500

Faye walked to the side and grasped onto the wooden sides, leaning herself against the floating structure. She could feel the cool breeze hit her face and blow through the strands of her hair, picking up a few here and there and made them dance in the air. The smell of salt was strong as it sprayed up against the boat and onto her face. Today was a good day to sail and be out on the open water. Faye smiled brightly towards Amaya as she cheerfully talked about her sister. It reminded her of River in a lot of ways. "River, my sister, is 14. Though you'd never know it if you talked to her. I swear she acts like she is 10 or something. She would probably get along with your sister." Faye chuckled as she thought about all of the silly things her sister did like playing pretend even though she was clearly too old for that. "Well I go out with my dad all the time to fish, though we only go as far as the big wigs tell us we can. I haven't been past there though since its 'forbidden' and all." She held up her hands and made air quotes as she said forbidden and had a stern look on her face mimicking the peacekeepers that could be seen around the district. "I want to know though. I wish I could go past there and see whats on the other side of all this water. See if there is more water out there or maybe something else. Though they would probably whip me if I ever tried. Plus I'd be more afraid of what my mother would do to me if she found out, I'm sure the peacekeepers would actually take it easy on me compared to her. I live to go out on the boats though. Maybe one day I will have my own then I wouldn't have to wait for large events to draw crowds so I could take one out." She turned towards Amaya now curious on what she thought was on the other side of the seemingly never ending body of water. "What do you think? Think there is anything interesting out there?" She waited a moment before asking her next question. "You wanna try? Going farther out that is..." she said with a mischievous tone to her voice.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 1:18 pm

That moment 5m9g7
That moment Tumblr_md1tyxBDDe1rt2432

"They probably would! Kaira could use a friend closer to her age, she's 12 this year, we need to bring them for a little friend making some time soon," Amaya grinned and nodded, agreeing with Faye's statement. She picked up a bunch of lose ropes on the deck and started to mindlessly play with it, tying knots, twirling it around. She stifled a giggle as she echoed Faye's words, "big wigs." Amaya sighed and looked out at the horizon, of endless blue before commenting, "why make it forbidden? What's so awesome out there that those big wigs don't wanna share? They always keep all the cool stuff to themselves." She unloosen the rope she held and dropped them back down as her hands lost interest. "Woah, your mum's that bad? I thought the peacekeepers were the closest thing to monsters around here!" Amaya laughed a little and turned to Faye in disbelief. Her mother would scold her a little if she did go out but she didn't think her mother would have the same gusto she did in the past. "Maybe one day we could save up together and just get a boat for joy rides and stuff, no more sour wrinkles at us!" her voice chimed into a laughter and she blurted out an idea. Amaya turned her eyes back to the ocean again, thinking about her next question. "An Island? A place that isn't Panem? Another Panem? Or maybe a huge whale? So many things could be at the other side where this water connects to land again!" Amaya started making wild guesses, getting herself a little excited. Her mind raced through millions of possibilities as they allowed the silence to past through until Faye spoke again. Amaya's eyes widen, not with fear, but with amusement, "and ten seconds ago you said you were afraid of what your mother would do to you if she found out!" Even though having said that, she joyfully made her way to the stern again, ducking under the helm to grab the sheets. Her first train of thought was that what did she had to lose? Nothing much really. She already lost the one thing she held most dearly, losing her life was nothing compared to that.

"So you up for it? The winds aren't too harsh today. But I'm not having a good feeling outta this," Amaya stuck her tongue out, grabbing the sheets that would direct the sail and bring them to the unknown enigma, never to be solved. Because after the impulse, she started to think if she'd be letting her brother down if she risked her life like this. But as long as she comes back alive, she wouldn't necessarily be letting him down. Amaya held out a rope to Faye, inviting her for the ride of their lives.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:14 am

That moment Tumblr_mad5o9vMrV1rok5gw

Faye just laughed as Amaya made the point about her previous statement about her mother. "Well...its not like she is going to whip me like those peacekeepers would. But she gives you that look. That 'I'm disappointed in you so feel really bad' looks. Plus she would probably forbid me from ever going near the docks and if I can't be near the water I think I would probably go crazy. Besides...what she doesn't know won't kill her." Faye smiled and stuck her tongue out as Amaya agreed to go out and even with the bad feeling she was getting she was still up for it, so what did Faye have to lose? Nothing really, and they were already out on the water so it wasn't like they weren't already breaking a rule or two anyways. She grabbed the rope that Amaya held out for her and she pulled which directed them towards the direction her companion decided to set them. The salty wind now blew against her back as it blew right into the sails, picking them up and propelling the boat forwards. She turned and let it his her face, feeling a few cool drops hit her cheeks that had splashed up after hitting the sides of the boat. The smell of the water filled her nose and it made her smile even wider then she already was. She really loved being out on the open ocean and the only thing that she liked about the same amount or maybe even a little more was swimming in the water itself. "Hey, maybe we could set down anchor at some point and go for a swim. Might be fun." She said as she turned towards Amaya then pointed forwards the way the boat was moving. "Full speed ahead me hearty!" Then went back to the rudder to help with the steering.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:04 am

That moment 5m9g7
That moment Tumblr_lwk7c9EwLk1r23tzz

Faye mimicked Amaya's action and she laughed, "that I can't disagree." Her own mother would flip if she knew about it, going on joy rides all alone with the 'guidance' of the adults. She was eighteen, she could take care of herself and her little sister. But Amaya could understand her mother's thoughts, she lost her husband to the sea, she wasn't nor will she ever be ready to lose her daughter to it too. It got Amaya to automatically stay on higher alert as she just smiled it off and continued to pull the sheets until the sails were in full swing and capturing all the wind, drifting them further out into sea. The wind howled a little past their ears and Amaya, finally satisfied with the position of the sail, tied the rope down and slightly skipped her way to the helm and helped to steer along as Faye assisted with the rudder. "Well you know what I think?" Amaya voice rang as she let go of the helm and made her way to the mask. She grabbed the long pole that supported the sails and twirled around a few times before facing back to Faye as she grinned, "I think that's a fantastic idea." Her nimble feet and body made the slightest of rocks to the boat as she performed her little stunt by the mask. "Oh but let's not go too deep, we don't want our head exploding or something!" Amaya joked, letting go of the mask while she was on constant movement around the boat. She just didn't feel like staying still, keeping her preoccupied. The further the ship propelled forward, the faster her heart raced, it was exhilarating to do something so reckless, like maybe even this was worth the risk. Her eyes were begging to spot something interesting out there as District 4 grew smaller and smaller. Ever so often however, Amaya would stay close to the sheets just in case they got spotted or something horrible like that, before she left to explore the rest of the boat she had already explored a million times. "So is this all you'd do in your spare time? Or do you have any other exciting adventures you'd go on maybe?" Amaya poked around, having no real purpose but to create small talk. Being on a boat could really open up to awkward silences or unique conversations.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:15 am

That moment Tumblr_mad6ffJxM11rok5gw

Faye just laughed. Free time? Yea she guessed this would be what she did most times, maybe not the hijacking boats part but at least being around the water was something she found herself doing during her free time. "Well, most times I hang out on the beach. Only during special occasions do I actually get crazy enough to take boat out. Mainly because its not like anyone in my family or I own a boat. I guess I'm a little rebellious." Faye just let the boat sail now, not worried about whether or not the sails were up or the direction they were facing. She was just determined that right now she would enjoy the time she had out there as it would eventually have to end. Faye turned to Amaya, trying to make some small talk. She was curious about their meeting earlier and by a comment she made as well. She wasn't sure if she should bring it up such a personal question, but her curiosity had gotten the best of her. "So Amaya, you said your brother was....gone. Is it because of what I think it was?" Of course she meant the Hunger Games, the one thing that she hated to think about but was forced to every year. Something that was held over everyone like a dark cloud and took the lives of many young people over the years since its enactment 30 or some odd years ago. She kept a more serious look on her face as she asked, much different from the playful look that she had worn on her face up until that point.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:52 am

That moment 5m9g7
That moment Tumblr_madhgyq55r1rtcb3e

Amaya let out a giggle as she decided to sit down by the front, careful not to unbalance the boat, "a little rebellion in life is always healthy. Life would be too boring without it!" It was already the late afternoon and the sun was going lower as the day went by. Amaya pulled her knees in and hugged them and she smiled, smelling the salty air. There was always something about the sound and the smell of the sea, something that was calming about it. She could understand why Faye would spend most of her free time around here. Amaya would too, if it wasn't so hard. She opened her eyes as Faye started talking, about something she knew would come up sooner or later. She looked up to her, eyes reflecting sorrow that forced it's way out, a pathetic smile that tried it's best to stay plastered on. Amaya lifted her finger and gestured in a way to point to her as she said, "bingo." She took a moment to herself before she could talk about it without bawling like a kid. Amaya exhaled a long steady breath and managed a smile again, "He's my twin brother. Skye was in the Games awhile back. Right up to the top two." It was painful to watch him go through all that, but she knew that it would'v been even more painful if she didn't. The need to know whether he was still alive, or what was happening to him would eat her from the inside. "When I got called up there, it just got to me, jolting the memories and all," she paused for a little while, looking out to the ocean behind them and choked out a laugh, "it's been quite awhile since that games when he died, can't believe I actually miss that bugger." Amaya glanced back to Faye and grinned. Sometimes, she believed that it was for the better, that he didn't need to live a hard life anymore, at other times, she's just mad that he left them, just like that. No warning, no nothing, and they had to pick up the load he left behind. But most of the other times, she just plain miss him. Miss that part of her that will never come back.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:41 am

That moment Tumblr_mad7lkdhPx1rok5gw

Faye moved and sat across from Amaya making sure to be careful that they didn't put too much weight on one side of the boat. She sat down but couldn't bring herself to look up at the girl, instead she just kept her gaze down. How could she ask that? Especially since it brought an obvious emotional reaction from her companion. She really should have recognized the last name, or did Amaya ever say her last name? Faye couldn't remember exactly, she was more concerned with the fact that she brought up her dead brother. "I'm....umm, I'm sorry for bringing him up. I was called once before too. I literally stood up there and saw my life flash before my eyes. But a girl, Becky Harrison took my spot and she died. Made it the final 2, too." Faye brought her knees up and hugged them as she set her chin on her raised knees. She had noticed the sun going down as the late afternoon crept up on them so quickly and wondered just how much longer they would be able to stay out there without them being noticed. She looked up at Amaya as she posed her newest question, one that didn't have to do with anyone's dead siblings. "Its getting a little late....what now?" She left it up to the girl she was with, she didn't mind staying out longer but knew that the closer to night they got the harder it would be to find their way to shore as well as keep attention off of themselves.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:38 am

That moment 5m9g7
That moment Tumblr_ma0dicHyfk1rwujvf

Amaya shook her head a little too hard, "it's nothing. It's nice to let things out once in awhile! And ever wonder what happens when we die? I started to wonder about that in the past, and who knows, it's kinda comforting to believe that their up there having a blast of a time." She chuckled thinking about how everyone who died, the tributes, the family members, and elderly, all partying and drinking by the skies. Amaya thought back for awhile, almost remembering that Reapings, "oh yeah, I think I remember that Games. Didn't think anyone sane around here would be that brave to do it. Maybe District 4's destined to be in second place for the next 10 years." Amaya tried to pull off a cold joke, that wasn't deemed to be funny at all, but it was an attempt at least. "Scary wasn't it? Probably like a pee-your-pants scary!" Her tone started to lighten up from her misery. Amaya smiled and outstretched her legs, it was like they had something in common, something close to heart too. Amaya felt like she was comforted by that fact, as mean as it may sound; but it did, like she wasn't really the only one. She snapped out of the tragic trance as Faye moved on to another, slightly more important topic. "How 'bout a quick swim and then we head back? Wouldn't want to be caught in the high tides later!" Amaya suggested as she certainly had the urge to take a quick dip after Faye mentioned it earlier. She looked around their surroundings, which wasn't too bad and Amaya closed the sail, which caused the boat to come to a stop. Releasing the anchor, she turned back to Faye and grinned, "a little dip couldn't hurt now could it?" Amaya pulled her top layer out and the cold wind immediately hit her but she nodded to Faye before diving into the cold sea. It was almost soothing her immediately as her head bobbed up again, calling to Faye to join her. Water was always the best remedy to anything to the people of District 4, like the ocean would always be there for you when you just need someone there.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:59 am

That moment Tumblr_m2g5eoxigl1r39hos

Faye moved towards the edge of the boat as Amaya suggested just a quick dip in the waters below. Faye nodded and as Amaya did her own thing in preparation for the plunge Faye pulled her somewhat baggy, button down white shirt over her head and slid off the shorts that she had worn all day until all she was in was her underwear. No need to get all of her clothes wet especially as the sun started to go down and the chances of them drying now were next to none. Faye let down a small rope ladder that was attached at one end just so then they would have a way back onto the vessel when they decided to go back on the deck and she took one last breath in as Amaya jumped in and waved for her to join and in an instant the cold water splashed around her and engulfed her, soaking her hair and forcing her body down into the salt water. After a moment she let the air leave her body as the bubbles left from her nose and mouth and she swam back to the surface. "Oh my gosh, it is so cold!" Was the first thing that left Faye's mouth as she let the air refill her lungs and she was able to react to the environment change around her. But it was cleansing just being there in the water, like a baptism by the ocean. All the stuff she had thought about, her fears and anxieties seemed to melt around her as she tread the water and kept her head above the waves. "You still floating over there?" She asked over to her companion as she turned to face her, swimming a few strokes to bring herself to about 10ft away from Amaya.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:11 am

That moment 5m9g7
That moment Tumblr_madhnpkFt21rtcb3e

Amaya grinned to herself, floating on her back as she watched the sun set with a blazing orange glow, darkness enveloping the it. "It's a nice change from the hot weather no?" she giggled as she heard her voice echoed in her mind, ears beng blocked by water. Amaya spread her arms out and took in a deep breath, sighing it out in a pleasant way. Being in the sea always seemed to wash away all the negativities. Just leaving the best feelings in you. It was almost like a natural drug to make all your problems go away, even if it's just for a few minutes. She stared up at the sky as the stars peeked out from the ebony while the orange sunk deeper below the horizon. She heard Faye speak to her as she lifted her head to listen. "Just floating around is more relaxing don't you think? you just let your head hang back," Amaya smiled pulling her head bac to the surface of the water as she continued, "and let the waves take you wherever to take you to." She finally took a deep breath in and sank into the water, staying in there for a little while. Her eyes used to sting a lot but it seemed to have become part and parcel of everyday life. When Amaya bopped back up to surface, she gulped for air and started to laugh, for no particular reason. Laughing is always good for your health anyways. "But watch out for the jellyfishes," Amaya joked as she back stroked away from Faye. The ocean was so refreshing, it never gets dull no matter how many times to stick yourself in it.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:43 am

That moment Tumblr_m2g5eoxigl1r39hos

Faye followed Amaya's lead and just let herself float. Her head leaned back as the soft waves pushed against her body with the occasional splash hitting her face. The rich oranges and purples swirled together in the sky above her as the sun continued its slow descent into the horizon and a few stars began to shine through the dark blue patches of night. It was stunning really, the view and the feeling of peacefulness that surrounded Faye in this moment was beyond perfect. She just let the waves move her along until she felt the hard surface of wood hit against her head as she was slowly pushed into the side of the boat. She lifted her head up as she brought her hand out to rub the side of her head that touched the vessel next to her and pushed herself away again back towards Amaya. But at the mention of jellyfish she quickly looked around the water nearest her, her eyes darting left and right looking for the almost invisible creatures swimming around her. "Jellyfish! Why did it have to be jellyfish?" She yelled out a little as she remembered her last encounter with a jellyfish. She was 12 years old at the time and with her father. She was careless and stupid and decided to just swim through one instead of around and soon enough the sharp pain could be felt moving up her leg as the sting of the small almost harmless looking animal moved away from her. She had never felt anything more painful then that in her life and it was definitely something she was going to try and avoid that again at all costs. She did a few hurried backstrokes as she attempted to flee the area but as she did she noticed there was nothing there in front of her but Amaya's wide grin. Faye swam forward and splashed the girl right in the face. "Not funny! You had me so worried there for a minute! Have you ever been stung by a jellyfish? I hurts!" Faye just laughed though as she splashed in Amaya's general direction.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:53 pm

That moment 5m9g7
That moment Tumblr_md1u1sYkbY1rt2432

Amaya couldn't keep her laughter in, arms in defense at the incoming sea water, "I'm sorry! Couldn't help it! But no not really. Saw a dead one washed up to shore before though, poor squishy critter." She shivered remembering the sight of the poor jiggly thing. She hasn't really seen any other alive ones around even through her little diving expeditions, but it's probably she never swam deep enough to see them. She was kinda glad she didn't. She leaned back onto the bed of water and up into the ebony as it started engulfing any of the light, the last of it at least, stars peeking out to join in the fun. She began to be real quiet while she smiled up to them, reaching a hand up to them as if almost touching them. "I wonder what's so special about them to him," Amaya talked mindlessly to no one in particular as she clasped her hand trying to catch one of those twinkles. She'll never understand why her brother loved the stars so much, why they fascinated him as much as music. They're just lights at night, but he obviously saw something more than that to them. With all his constellations and greek stories shenanigans, even though she got sick of them at some point, she kinda missed them now. As she hummed out loud, a finger pointed upwards and started tracing to a meager constellations she could pick out; The Big Dipper, Gemini, Orion. Nothing more really, sometimes she wished she paid attention to Skye's rambles.  She dropped her hand back down while that dull ache stayed in her chest, but her smile persisted, gaze lingering from the sky. "Well, ready to face to cold icy wind and head back?" Amaya grinned, pulling herself upright, looking for their 'borrowed' boat in the opened sea. They didn't exactly travelled all the way out there, but from the looks of it, it would take a long time. The sea seemed like a long stretch before they found anything else other than water. "Or shall we stick around to make this trip worth while?" She popped in another suggestion just to stay a bit longer, mind just at ease that their boat was still around.

OOC: Sorry Ari, took so long :c Holidays weren't much of a holiday at all ><
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: That moment   That moment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That moment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 4 :: Beach :: Docks-
Jump to: