The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In the arms of an Angel

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
In the arms of an Angel Left_bar_bleue150/150In the arms of an Angel Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

In the arms of an Angel Empty
PostSubject: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:09 pm

MELODY THORNTON

It has finally happened. The Capitol have taken away the sweet soul which is my sister Grace. Before she died, the whole family were watching around out tiny TV. I knew that she was showing symptoms of dehydration and hunger. "DON'T WORRY ABOUT THEM MUTTS!" I was shouting, hoping that somehow she could hear me. The Mutts being the District 3 pair, Kaius and Valerie. "JUST BLOODY LOOK AFTER YOURSELF!" I could tell my family were thinking the same thing, but weren't so vocal about it.

It finally hit Grace that she forgot about herself, but it was too late. Even though what looked like Laura, the girl from 7, helping her survive, it was too late. Grace fell to the floor and the cannon went off. She was the second victim of starvation and dehydration. I look around to see my Mum starting to cry and my Dad running out of the door. He was probably going to kick something and release his anger which was caused by the Capitol. Without thinking, I run outside and sprint as far as I can. I soon run out of breath very quickly and I need to sit down. I sit on the ground and start crying. I wanted to kill myself. I lost the person I loved the most. I didn't think that life was worth living for anymore. I look up to see the silhouette of a boy, but I can't make out anything about him.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Female Posts : 576
Birthday : 1999-08-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
In the arms of an Angel Left_bar_bleue5/150In the arms of an Angel Empty_bar_bleue  (5/150)
Character Name:: Jasper Kelt
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:50 am

I couldn't stand watching the Games anymore,all those innocent souls getting lost.I looked up at the covered with coal dust sky and prayed they would be in a better place now.As I walked out of my house to go to the small park of the Seam,I noticed a small girl sitting on the ground,cruled into a ball.Her small body shook from what I assumed were sobs.I noticed her looking up to me as I made my way towards her but her eyes were full of tears so I doubted she could see me clearly.I kneeled down in frond of her and looked at her with questioning eyes.I wasn't sure she would allow me to touch her so I put my hands on my knees and waited.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
In the arms of an Angel Left_bar_bleue150/150In the arms of an Angel Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:04 pm

MELODY THORNTON

I see the boy that's there. He must be around 14 years old. He looked like he had been battered really badly. It didn't seem right. Why was it children like us who got punishment? What did we do wrong? We lose loved ones, we get hurt and we are basically treated like chew toys. Somehow, I trusted him. Not quite like I trusted Grace, but as a friend.

"I take it you were sick of the games now," I try to tell him without getting choked up. "I can usually handle the games, but when your sister is in it and she dies, it's too much to handle." I have no shame in hiding it. The whole of Panem have seen it and everyone around District 12 will probably know me and my sister anyways. I just hope that these games end soon. All of this is too much for me, as I break down again right in front of the poor boy.

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
In the arms of an Angel Left_bar_bleue5/150In the arms of an Angel Empty_bar_bleue  (5/150)

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:11 pm

I listened to her words and sighed when I heard the news.The tribute's sister.Grace,if I remembered well.Before I knew it,she was crying again.I couldn't blame her,losing someone is tough,especially if it's your close family and if you are at our age.I couldn't help but bring my left hand to her upper back,at the spot where her shoulder blades met,a few inches from her neck,and rub soothing circles with my thumb.I looked at her with sad eyes and moved some wet her that stuck on her cheek out of her face and behind her ear before continuing the rubbing.I knew I couldn't do anything to make her feel better,it was sad but it was the truth,I just hoped it would help her calm down a little.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:19 pm

MELODY THORNTON

I could tell that I had upset him. This is what happens every time I open my mouth. I shouldn't have told him! He really did care for me, but I was wondering why he wasn't speaking. Then I realised who it was. I didn't know him well, since he was older than me, but I had been told about him and his tongue. Now I felt lucky. Lucky to speak, lucky to have a loving family. With out thinking, I hugged him.

I couldn't tell what the reaction was, but I hope what I was meaning by the hug. It wasn't a hug to say I love you, it was a hug to say I support you and I hope that you are okay. I didn't want to leave now. I didn't say a single word to him. I just tried to enjoy the peace. That is what Grace would want. I would still choke and cry, but I tried to keep it in me. This boy needed happiness in his life, and to be honest, so did I.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:31 pm

I was surprised-but in a pleasent way-when she hugged me.It felt good to know that there are still people that won't beat you for touching their skin.I returned her hug,feeling her need for someone to lean on right now.I kept rubbing circles on her back,still feeling her body shaking with her sobs.I pulled back as a small smile appeared on my face and wiped the tears from her eyes.I quickly looked down and took a stick out of my pocket."I'm sorry.What's your name?"I wrote quickly on the dirt and looked at her with questioning eyes.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:41 pm

MELODY THORNTON

Once the hug was over, I knew he was the boy I was thinking of. When he asked my name, I finally smiled. "My name is Melody, but I guessed you figured out about Grace. What's yours?" I ask him. I know basic sign language, hoping that he knows. I can ask simple things, like name and age, and I can understand letters and names. I hope he didn't find it insulting.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:50 pm

I nodded and smiled back."Joseph"I wrote quickly."I wysh I coud do somthin to brig yor sistair bak.I kno ho much it herts"Suddenly I stoped,my mind bringing back memories of my mother.Well,not really her,but her warm smile,her reddish her and her beautiful voice.Something in Melody reminded me of her.Was it the new-found smile?I didn't know and didn't care to find out.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:56 pm

MELODY THORNTON

I could tell that Joseph was thinking, possibly of someone. It must be someone he loved, but I don't know. I never seen his family, but I bet it was his mother. Mothers wouldn't beat him up like he is.

"Joseph, do you kind if I sing, you know, to my sister? She used to love me singing to her," I ask. It seemed the right time. Grace told me before she left that if she died, she wanted me to sing to her. I just hope that I wasn't making Joseph feel bad.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:00 pm

I shook my head and grinned.Singing to her sister would do her good.I used to sang when I felt sad.It always made me feel a little better."No.I sung to.Id laik to hir yo"
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:18 pm

MELODY THORNTON

I was glad he approved. I wish I could just give him a tongue, just so he could speak. I decide to sing Grace's favorite song, Drop Of Rain
(OOC: It's a made up song xD) I then start to sing, as I close my eyes and just hope not to mess up or start crying. "[i]Even when a million rain drops fall on your head, each one is special in it's own way, some represent happiness, some sadness, but one represents you. A drop of rain that is full of happiness, with love and pride and joy, it's all for you, it's your drop of rain" I sing. I hope I did it justice. I hope that it was alright to sing it.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:23 pm

I sat back and pulled my knees up to my chest,staring at the young girl as she sang.She had a beautiful voice,and the song was pretty aswell.The words were full of meaning and,when sang by her,it sounded like she was really talking to her sister.Saying her the things she wanted to if she was down in Earth."She iz in e beter pleis no.Angel"I wrote to her,not sure if she was finished.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:30 pm

MELODY THORNTON

I was think about what he told me, and I agreed. It was better to be in a safe place than here, in Panem. I just knew that she was looking over me, making sure that I was safe and not in the hands of the Capitol.

"I agree. I know that she is looking over me, and I hope that she will look over you too," I tell him. I am sure that she will be looking over him.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:35 pm

I blushed deeply at her words but hoped it was true.I could imagine her sister and my mom,sitting in a table and drinking tea together.I grinned at the thought."Wy mi?"I asked,feeling a bit awkward for my loss of knowledge.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:41 pm

MELODY THORNTON

He is so selfless, which is a good thing that I haven't seen in anyone since Grace. I actually needed to tell Joseph why he deserved to be looked after.

"Well, you are selfless, you aren't treated the way you should be and to be honest, you are cute." Did I just say that? I shouldn't have said that! That just admits that I am starting to fancy him, which I am. Never have I had a sweet genuine boy treat me the way he had, especially after everything he has been through. I feel my cheeks go pink and I should start running, but I don't.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:01 pm

I could feel my cheeks burning and I look on the ground."Thenx.Bat yo ar her sistair."I wrote,pausing before continuing."End yo are quter"
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:41 pm

MELODY THORNTON

I fluster at his comment about me. Me, being cute? Well, I wouldn't agree but I didn't want to argue. To be honest, I think that Grace's death has given me hope. If she hadn't died, I wouldn't have met Joseph.

"Joseph, I have to go to my family. Do you maybe want to go meet them?" I ask. I hope that's alright. I am sure I can figure out a way for him to communicate to my family.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:45 pm

I think about it carefully but a look at her expression and my decision is made."If yo dont maind"I wrote and smiled shyly at her.I got up and helped her up too,looking around curiously.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:51 pm

MELODY THORNTON

I was glad that he said yes. I lead him to my house, as he probably hadn't seen where I lived before. Without even thinking, I hold his hand. The last time I held someone's hand was when I was 7 and I held onto my Dad's hand. I wasn't just starting to like Joseph, I think that I was starting to love him. I don't know what my parents would think of that. I have never had a boyfriend so loving someone in this way is very different.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:00 pm

I smiled more and squeezed her hand as we walked.Luckily we passed my house so she must have been living away from there.Good,no need to ever know my dad and brother.Walking with her was nice,she was a girl you could easily adore.I wondered what her parents were like,strickt or loose,caring or in their own little world?Well,Melody seemed to care about them so I'd try to make them like me.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:07 am

MELODY THORNTON

I see him looking at a house, it must be where he lived. I decide to comfort him. "Don't worry, my house isn't near here." It took us a few minutes but we finally reached my house. I knock on the door and wait for a reply. "Now Joseph, how are we going to get you to communicate to my family? Do you know sign language?" I ask him. If so, I might be able to know what he wants to say and I would be a translater for my family.
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:12 am

I shook my head and looked at her apollogetically.I found some piece of coal in my pocket and showed her with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:21 am

MELODY THORNTON

I smile when he shows me the piece of coal. That should work. I try to open the door and it was opened. Then I walk in, no one is in. My Dad must still be releasing his anger, but where's Mum? I tell Joseph to just stay for a minute whilst I check upstairs, but Mum wasn't upstairs either. I run back down.

"Joseph, I need to go find my parents. They aren't here. Oh, I'm so sorry for dragging you in this situation." As soon as I say that, another tribute is dead. It was Grace's ally, Gadget. As much she was just an ally, she still kept Grace going for a little longer. Now, where would my Mum be?
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:28 am

I took her hand again and gently pulled her out of the house again.Watching the Games wouldn't do her any good.And I had an idea of were her mom would be too.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:48 am

MELODY THORNTON

I could see that I was getting upset by the games, but somehow, he has an idea on where my Mother is. The only logical place is the Hob. She would want to prepare a big meal and have a special dinner for Grace. What would she possibly buy though? She doesn't know much about food, since I am the one that gets everything from the fruit to actually cooking it. I hope she is there though, or else I have no clue where she is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the arms of an Angel   In the arms of an Angel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the arms of an Angel
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next