The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basic medical

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maybeth
The Avatar
Maybeth

Female Posts : 215
Birthday : 1999-09-30

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Basic medical Left_bar_bleue150/150Basic medical Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Samantha Woods
Alliance::

Basic medical Empty
PostSubject: Basic medical   Basic medical Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:25 pm

A few days ago, I went in the medical station. I knew it was one thing to pay attention if I wanted to stay alive in the games for long. I had to know how to heal my self.

In normal clinical courses, you personally assess patients in order to diagnose, treat, and prevent disease using clinical judgment.But here, all I saw when I first got it, was a plastic dummy and many other cloth ones that had marks and writtings on them and a skeleton in the middle of the room. It was somehow odd and scary but of course it was fake[plastic]. I sat down and waited till the course started. I learned how to use bandages and iodine for basic healing and wounds and I then, I memorised every plant that could help me heal or feel better.
For example, Dandelion is a yellowish flower that is used topically to treat eczema, while or internally for arthritis and even intestinal disorders. Its leaves are thought to regulate blood sugar levels.
Lavender, has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
Aloe vera helps relieve constipation.
Lemon Thyme works as an antibiotic and has been used for centuries to treat wounds.
Sunflower is a great medicine when it gets boiled: a tea made from the leaves is an astringent, a diuretic, an expectorant and an agent to reduce fever!
Of course, it wasn't assure the fact that I would get to use all those stuff, as it might not have plants in the arena, or I might not have good sponsors nor the chance to take a backbag at the beggining. I didn't like those thoughts, so I stopped bothering my self with them till the class finished and I stormed out of the training gym to relax.
Back to top Go down

Basic medical
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 34th Hunger Games :: Reapings and the Capitol-
Jump to: