The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!

Go down 
+2
Matti
Ariiyoko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Left_bar_bleue150/150Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Empty
PostSubject: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Yup you saw it right! Today is November 21st and that means at 8pm(for a large majority of places) that the newest movie will be premiering in theaters everywhere! So who is excited? Who isn't excited? Is anyone gonna see it tonight or are you waiting for tomorrow or the next day to go see it? Or are you even seeing it at all? What part are you looking forward to seeing in the movie? Really this is just a discussion topic that I figured fits obviously with the theme of the site and all.

I was gonna see it tonight, but I have rehearsals and stuff for a musical I am in and so since it is 2.5 hours long I don't know if I will be able to stay up late enough to actually see it tonight D: But I am seeing it tomorrow morning sometime with my friends....and John(its a thing Wink) Anyways I am so excited for the arena and basically everything with Finnick in it. I know for sure I am gonna cry like hardcore as soon as that fog shows up D:

I will also provide you with my favorite TV spot so far, even if it doesn't have like a bunch of Finnick in it it does have Mags and Finnick with his sugar cubes and feels and OMG Im gonna cry so hard when that part comes in the movie I was already tearing up!

Anyways discuss!
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Left_bar_bleue0/0Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Okay so like am I the only one that laughs when Cashmere dies? But yeah, I hate her. Anyways.. like Catching Fire is just.. on fire. I'm excited to see it.

Matt secretly takes a sugar cube from Finnick..
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Left_bar_bleue1/1Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm honestly trying not to think about the movie cause I won't get to see it till this weekend and everyone else in my school's seeing it tonight so I'll have to like wear earplugs or something tomorrow so I don't know all of what they changed or whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:37 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHH MYYYY GODDD xD This is my absolute FAVORITE TV Spot. Seeing it tomorrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Left_bar_bleue150/150Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:46 am

Well Matti, Cashmere is seen more as a villian character in the books once they get into the arena so not feeling bad when she dies is kind of apart of the deal lol. But I'm just not looking forward to Mag's death at all. I'm gonna be so upset its not even funny.

Lup - that sucks! I'm seeing it in a few hours so I will make sure to not really say anything about it after I see it so then nothing gets spoiled for you here!

Kelli- that was a cool tv spot too! I think the reason the one I posted is my fave though is not one is that the most we have seen both of my two favorite characters but also that song man. Its so powerful as it plays in the background and gets me hyped up and my feelings get to run crazy lol.

I'm just so excited to see the actors in each role because I feel like a lot of the victors were very well cast and so I want them all to be amazing. This was my FAVORITE book so I just am so excited in general lol
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Left_bar_bleue0/0Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Ari- I actually don't see her as a villain. I see her more as just a frenemy to most of the tributes. She's not as bad as the other careers, and probably the least experienced. But yeah. The reason I like seeing her die is because I loved when Glimmer died and her screams and shrieks. It made me laugh to hard..

I'm so devious.. I saw CF btw this morning and it was great!
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:29 am

Just got home from seeing it like a half hour ago.

Was pretty good.

@Errywun have fun seeing it
@Ari Have fun seeing it with your friends...and John
@Ashley you're seeing it right this very second, determination right there.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:38 am

I have some words for you.. bad language warning peeps, so dun get butthurt.

FUCKING.AMAZING.MOVIE. I highly suggest you all see it, it is WORTH every cent, I wish I could watch it again to be honest. I sat in my seat and didn't leave it until the movie was over, I was that determined not to miss a single scene.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Left_bar_bleue10/150Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:29 am

I went to see it last night and well...they changed a few things.

And by a few I mean like, two things. But still...the movie was just...awesome. Sure, they forgot a few...key things but it was still worth the seven dollars (each) my step-dad paid for us to go see it Smile

The cast was amazing for each person, Finnick's actor did great, Johanna's actress was super hot and amazing did great, Morgan Freeman when he was killed did great, everyone just...amazing.

Now, the things I didn't like about the movie: The fricken audience. There had to be like...fifty teenage girls there screaming (yes, screaming) when MONKEYS attacked them. AND people were cracking up when Finnick was forced in the water and was screaming in pain. Other than that, on a scale of 1-10 I would give this movie aaaaa...999999999999999999999999999. Much better than the last one and they stayed so true to the book I had to go out of my way to count the differences.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:34 pm

"Catching fire was so well done, I am very impressed with it all. I am so glad I went and saw it. In relation to the books I think it's one of the most well done I've seen, and the costumes and set designs were absolutely marvelous. The actors were pretty well picked and they did an amazing job for acting out their parts, I just, I'm very pleased with the movie and I'd probably have to rate it as my favourite movie for the time being. Just my two cents on the movie. I believe it's a must see movie, even if you haven't read the books, they explain things and stuff. So worth the money." <-- my review on my fb page xD

Also Johanna was so effing amazing I was so pleased, and her interview made me laugh xD and Haymitch was perfect and all of them were perfect <3 you also have to consider that the movie was already two and a half hours long, to include everything would make it so much longer.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:36 pm

UGHHHHH OMG I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! JUST ONG FEELS WHEN MAGS RAN INTO THE FOG I HAD THE BIGGEST FROWN ON MY FACE AND WHEN KATNISS GAVE HER SPEECH IN DISTRICT 11 ABOUT RUE I SERIOUSLY TEARED UP. Sorry for the caps but just oh my god....it was amazing and everything I wanted it to be. I was a little upset they didn't include seeing a certain games in it but I understand why thy might not have included it. But seriously omg everyone needs to see it.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Yea I know Ari, I wished it had the part of them watching Haymitch's games. Was one of my favourite parts of the book, learning about him.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:45 pm

yea but then with finding out about him I think that's where the original idea of the mockingjay pin came in so it was probably difficult to work around that and like also with the time length and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:37 am

No yea I totally understand why they didn't. Not only would it take more time, but in the universe they set up with the mockingjay pin it wouldn't have fit. Plus not to mention adding more time to the already long film it alsomeans theh would have had to cast another set of tributes, made another arena and all of that for only maybe 10-20 minute scene.not time or cost effective at all. Just missed the insight on Haymitch but as a person who has filmed short films that is a lot of extra work with not enough pay off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!   Catching Fire Discussion Topic!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catching Fire Discussion Topic!!
Page 1 of 1