The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Just a' Walkin'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Just a' Walkin'   Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:11 pm

It was a nice, normal, quiet day in the poorest part of the housing district.  That is, until the yelling started.  "You did WHAT?  I cant BELIEVE you!" it was obviously a woman's voice, probably an angry mother.  Inside the home, Storm glared at his mother.  "Mom, it's just a competition.  I won't-"  "You won't WHAT? DIE?  It's a FIGHTING COMPETITION.  It's only just shy of the full Games!"  His mother had tears in her eyes, (though they went unnoticed) reminded of her daughter's death, and now her son wanted to fight too.  Storm gave up, throwing his whole body posture into the classic "I give up" statement.  The fights had been going on long enough, over practically everything.  "You wouldn't understand anyway.  I'm going for a walk," the boy said, turning and leaving the home, tuning out whatever his mother said to bring him back.

He got about ten steps down the dirt street before he felt guilty about leaving.  Of course, it was too late to turn back now.  Looking around, he noticed quite a few people had poked their heads out at the sound of the argument.  "What are you looking at?!" he said to no one in particular.  He succeed in getting a few windows to close, but that was about it.  Well, I have about a half hour until my shift, might as well make use of it, he thought, continuing to walk.  The further he got from his house, the less people were staring at him.  Good, he could walk in peace.  At least, that's what he thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Retired Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 4070
Join date : 2012-03-02
Birthday : 1997-11-02
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Just a' Walkin'   Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:13 pm



Fallon had spent her day doing chores around the household and tending to her siblings with their wounds that they had gotten from fighting with each other. They were ungrateful for her help but she still helped them. Fallon soon prepared a meal for her family and they ate almost everything but one small bowl of soup and a quarter slab of bread. It was something, and it was better than nothing. Fallon ate what she could and then sighed. Even that loaf of bread she had from that boy a couple weeks ago, she couldn't eat any of it, she had no time to eat it before she got home and when she got home they saw the partially and they slapped her for it, and she was refused any more bread. She was given even less ration of food now, and Fallon just went with it. She knew one day she wouldn't have to be their pet or slave for them.

Eventually Fallon had covered her slight bruise on her face as best as she could, and by now it was mostly faint anyways. She pulled her jacket over her shoulders and then slipped away into the housing district. She ended up walking a bit until she was in the middle of the district and she had taken her jacket off and she set a small cup down. This was how she got money. By dancing. She danced for hours and she collected quite a bit of coins, she was in her last dance, when something happened.

A man had grabbed her wrists and kept trying to kiss her and she had to to duck. His grip became tighter and she winced in pain. "L-let go." She stammered and he growled at her and she kept tugging on her arms to make him let go. "You'd be a pretty one." He whispered. Of course the streets were quiet at this point, and the man had it all planned. Peacekeepers were either too far or they were changing shifts. "Stop" She mumbled and he had his face near hers still. Fallon closed her eyes shut tight and turned her face away. She did something she regretted though, she swung her leg out, which ended up kicking her where you should kick no man and he let go quickly and she soon tried picking up the cup and her jacket.

She felt a tug as she began to run, he had held onto her hair. "Let go." She whimpered, and he dragged her back to him.  "I'll give you all my money, is that what you want?" She asked in a panic and she just didn't want to be hurt. "Please let me go." She said tears running down her face. She struggled to get free and away from him but it was no use. He soon started to drag her away from the centre of the district and she was crying. He found an alley and threw her up against the wall. She winced upon contact of the wall. He pinned her there and grinned, "So tiny and delicate.." He whispered to her and she could feel his warm breath near her face as he began to kiss all over it. "Stop it!" She shouted at him and he smacked her. "shut up, bitch." He growled.

(OOC: Sorry it's a bit dramatic and cliche xD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Just a' Walkin'   Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Storm had come to center just a bit after the man had drug Fallon away. It was quiet, almost too quiet for such a nice day, so the boy was already on high alert. He heard a noise coming from the ally, so, naturally, he went to investigate. He came upon the man and girl just as the man slapped her. It didn't take long for Storm to recognize the situation, and then recognize the girl. Fallon, he remembered.

He pulled the guy off of Fallon easily. "You shut up, bitch" He growled, giving the guy a nice punch, enough to knock him out. "Wake up when you learn how to treat a lady" Storm continued as he threw the man to the side. The boy took a few deep breaths before turning to Fallon. "Come on, you'll want to get out of here before he comes to, right?" he said, holding his hand out to her, if she wanted to take it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Retired Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 4070
Join date : 2012-03-02
Birthday : 1997-11-02
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Just a' Walkin'   Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:20 am



Fallon didn't have much time to react to much, in one instant she was here trapped under a perverted man's touch. These were the things that came about in the lower districts, she didn't imagine stuff like this happened in district one probably not even the capitol. It made her sick to her stomach and her stomach felt as if it was in knots and she was afraid she may never be let go.

Soon though she felt the hands of the man ripped off of her and she whipped her head around to see what was going on. Her hair sticking to her wet tear stained face as more threatened to fall. She soon realized someone was trying to help her, she looked again and realized it was Storm. He had knocked the guy out, and soon, he offered her hand. Scared she quickly picked up her cup and she took his hand with her other one and she let him lead the way, she wasn't sure what to say, and didn't have time to say thanks yet, but there would be time later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Just a' Walkin'   Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:55 am

Storm waited for her to grab what she needed, briefly registering and wondering about the cup. Of course, no time to worry about that. He led her out of the alley, at a brisk pace but slow enough to make sure she didn't trip. Soon, he found himself back in the housing district. Good, plenty of people around. After they got a little further in, Storm decided they were safe. He let go of Fallon's hand now, and turned so that he was looking at her. "Are you okay? How bad did he hurt you?" he asked, though he could already tell where the man had smacked her a few times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Retired Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 4070
Join date : 2012-03-02
Birthday : 1997-11-02
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Just a' Walkin'   Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:01 am

Fallon held on to his hand a bit firmly, as he would lead her out of the alley. She hoped that she'd never encounter that man again. It was the worst experience of her life. She also had s firm grip against the cup that still had all the coins she had saved up in it. She raised money and she hid it in the floor boards of her room under her bed, for the sole purpose of one day she wanted to get out of this place she didn't want to be stuck living with her family, she didn't want to have to bend to them.

Soon they were away from it all and they were in safety. She stared at him and he had asked her if she was okay and how bad did he hurt her. Her gaze looked down and she rubbed her wrists a bit. "I'm alright." she said, quietly to him, she's been through similar before, she almost expected it'd always happen to her and people would just take advantage of her any time they had a second to. "wrists hurt, cheek hurts, and my head." She said smoothing down her hair a bit and kept pretty silent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Just a' Walkin'   Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:48 am

Well, at least it's not as bad it could have been he thought, letting out a sigh that was still trying to decide if it was relief or worry. "Well, uh, I can't do much, but I might be able to get an ice pack or pain killers from m-" he cut off as he remembered the argument with his mother earlier. That wouldn't go over well, asking her to give up some medicine for some random girl. Finally, he just shrugged. There was nothing better he could do, and he wanted to help Fallon in anyway he could. "Eh, worth a try," he muttered aloud, looking around to get his bearings and find his way home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorella
Retired Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 4070
Join date : 2012-03-02
Birthday : 1997-11-02
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
150/150  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Just a' Walkin'   Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Fallon shook her head lightly. "It's fine, I'll live." She said softly and she soon she sat down on the cool ground and brought her knees up to her chest. This hasn't been the worst to happen to her, she's been in worse situations although those weren't to really be spoken about and she wasn't that open about her life. Yes she'd mention it wasn't the best sometimes, but sitting here was a whole lot better than being at her house sometimes. Besides this was her free time. She still held the cup and then she opened her one hand out and pour the change into her palm and set the cup down and she was counting what she had. She'd have to store this away again. She had her own savings, thankfully. It was her way of escaping one day but she wouldn't try until she was older and had more money anyways. She was always taking her studies seriously so she could get a job sooner or later after she wasn't able to be reaped no more. "So." She said softly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 22

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Just a' Walkin'   Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Storm sat down across from Fallon, having nothing to do anyways. "Fine, suit yourself," he said, with a tone to suggest he wasn't being serious. After all they'd only just met and he'd already helped her a lot; he didn't want to seem pushy or creepy. For a second, he watched her count her money, realizing how little she had. "So," he mimicked her, then let silence fall for a second. Now all that could be heard was a clinking of metal as she counted. "You should know better than to count your earnings in front of a theif," he said with a laugh, hoping to get her to smile again, especially after what was probably a traumatic experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Just a' Walkin'   

Back to top Go down
 
Just a' Walkin'
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 9 :: Houses-
Jump to: