The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gone Fishing(Gaz)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DinoLily

DinoLily

Female Posts : 556

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Gone Fishing(Gaz) Left_bar_bleue150/150Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance:: None

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Gone Fishing(Gaz) What-i-love-about-me-1111-5-de
I sat on the dock with my feet in the water. I had a cheap fishing rod in my hands. The hook was in the water. A jar of worms sat next to me. My hair was tied back in a messy pony I stared at the water. I was bored but I was used to being bored so it wasn't too bad. I bit my lip and waited for a tug. The water was a bit cold but I didn't mind it. It had been a long day at the bait shop and I enjoyed the peace and quiet while I could. I sighed and stared at the water.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Gone Fishing(Gaz) Left_bar_bleue150/150Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Alliance::

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:53 pm

I walked down the dock leisurely and sat down beside Esther, I cast the line of my rod into the water and waited. "So, caught anything yet?" I asked, beginning the conversation. The way I figured for talking, if you start with a question, you can really go anywhere you want with it after they answer, so it was a good starter.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 pm

I smiled as Skylar sat next to me. Skylar was a boy a year older than me that I often saw while fishing with my father. I shook my head and looked up at him. "Not even a bite." I answered. I made circles in the water with my feet. The sun began slowly setting. It looked peaceful and colorful. I always liked looking at the sunset when I could.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:04 pm

I looked at her old fishing rod for a moment. "Want to try my line? Its got that fancy bait on it". I offered up the grip of my fishing rod. Usually I did these kinds of things, I felt bad for all the kids in the district who I was friends with and just didn't have money, and yet my family had avoided that.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 pm

I smiled at Skylar. I was about to answer him yes, but then I stopped myself. I looked down at my old, cheap fishing rod and looked at Skylar's new rod. I bit my lip. "But, if I said yes, what would you use?" I asked him. " Surely not this piece of junk." I gestured to my rod.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 pm

I shrugged at the question, "Not much bother, you've been sitting here longer than me, you should get the better fishing rod" I pulled my bag off of my shoulder and set it down beside me. It contained a few crackers as snacks, and extra baits. Packing light was a habit of mine.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:32 am

I smiled at Skylar. "In that case..." I said as I laid my rod down next to him,"Thanks!" Skylar had always been one of the more wealthy people that hung around the docks. Not that he was filthy rich. It was just that must people around the docks really needed to fish for money. Which, made most people that hung out at the docks very poor. Anyways, Skylar was very generous and I respected him, unlike most boys I knew. Most boys I knew were extremely immature.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:24 pm

I took the old rod from Esther and tossed the line into the water. "How much do you think we can reel in today?" I asked, smiling and facing the horizon. The sea was calm, and deep blue. It was one of the few peaceful things in the district, sitting by the sea.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 pm

I took Skylar's rod and threw the fancy bait and line far into the water. I shrugged. "Hopefully." I said quietly. Suddenly I noticed that clouds had begun covering up the sunset. The calm sea had begun to get a few waves in it and the wind picked up. "Looks like a storm's coming." I said simply. The water that my feet were in had become uncomfortably cold and I pulled them out of the water. I sat in a criss-cross-applesauce position.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:11 pm

I kept my feet in the water, braving the cold. "Typical, I guess." I said, frowning, "Usually we don't go this long with such good weather". I shifted my line, hoping for a catch before the storm got too close. I wouldn't keep it myself, but I liked helping others out. Fishing was an enjoyable activity, anyways.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 pm

I nodded. I was about to say something, but then I felt a tug at the line. Then the floating bait disappeared. I reeled in my line as fast as I could. As the line reached the dock, I saw a wiggling bass. I had caught a bass! I brought it to the dock and put a foot on it's tail. I waited for the bass to slowly stop wriggling. Then I carefully removed the hook from it's lip. The bass wasn't too big, in fact it was pretty small. It was a light almost silvery grey. I looked up at Skylar. "It's a bass!" I exclaimed.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:25 pm

I grinned, looking at the bass, "Nice catch, its got to be at least a foot long!" I said. I wiggled my line around in futility, but kept positive. "I bet you can catch a few more before the storm gets here" I say confidently.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:51 pm

I nodded again. "I hope so. But, I probably wouldn't have gotten a single bite if it weren't for your rod." I smiled at Skylar. I threw my line back into the sea. I held the rod with one hand while I placed the bass n the cooler behind me. The cooler was very small and resembled a tool box from the outside. I closed the cooler and turned back around to face the sea. The waves had begun to pick up a bit. I noticed that Skylar's feet were in the cold water. "Aren't you cold?" I asked a I nodded tow arcs his feet.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 am

"Yeah, a bit" I admit, grinning. I reeled in my line and tossed it out again.I was pretty motivated about things, and even though the storm was getting closer, even I could probably reel a fish in before it got here. "How are things around town going for you guys?" I asked, referring to her family.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:16 am

I grinned as Skylar grinned. My grin slowly faded when he asked me about my family. "Well, the bait shop is still in business. So, that's good." I laughed. "And Janet- hey! I think you're line is moving!" I said. Skylar's line had begun to move around. Maybe we had stumbled upon a group of bass. I hoped so.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:11 pm

I looked down at the water and saw my line moving about, just as Esther had said it was. "Whoa!" I said, reeling it in. When I got the fish out and on to the dock, it was almost as big as Esther's fish. "Who would have thought? Maybe these guys are all running from the storm" I said, referring to the fish.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:35 pm

I smiled at Skylar. I laughed as the fish flopped onto the dock. His fish was around the same size as mine. I felt a drop of rain on my forehead. "Maybe. But, it doesn't matter much because it'll probably start raining soon. I should go before I get a cold. You should too." I said to Skylar. I was a bit dismayed that I had to leave. It had been nice talking to a sane person. The peace and quiet had also been quite soothing. I had begun to shiver a bit and I don't know what I would do if I got a cold.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:12 pm

"I guess so" I say, looking up at the sky as it started to spit rain. I tossed my fish into Esther's cooler, and then stood up. "I wonder how bad this storm will be" I say, staring out at the big waves coming in. I offer my hand to help Esther up.
Back to top Go down
DinoLily

DinoLily

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:46 pm

I frowned as Skylar put his fish in my cooler. "Oh no, no, no!" I said. I ignored Skylar's outstretched hand. I stood up and walked to my cooler. I took out his fish and held it out to him. "This is yours. Not mine." I said sternly. The fish was cold and slimy and it had begun to sprinkle with rain. But, I kept my ground and I waited for Skylar to take the fish from me.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:57 pm

"Oh come on, its a gift from me to you" I say, smiling. No one ever wanted to accept charity around here. It wasn't like she needed it too badly either, her family wasn't poor. I just liked helping out.
Back to top Go down
jacobs94

jacobs94

Male Posts : 6

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Aiden Jacobs

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 pm

"I am sitting my the shore because I love being by the beach it is the one place that makes me feel happy"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 pm

(OOC: first of all, Hi, Jacobs. You're new here and all and that's cool, I'm Sor or Sorri if ya will! First things first, one it's always good to check the dates of these topics because much like this one, it's old and so some things are kinda out of whack here. Secondly, when there is brackets saying (Gaz) or (insert username here, any username) that usually means it was a private rp unless invited! Thirdly, Esther is now dead she died in the 27th games Razz annnnd lastly.. i think, when you write and post three to four sentences is usually appreciated, also you don't need the quotation marks (" ") around your post, we know you're in character (: )

~Sorri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gone Fishing(Gaz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gone Fishing(Gaz)   Gone Fishing(Gaz) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gone Fishing(Gaz)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 4 :: Beach :: Docks-
Jump to: