The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:47 pm



The Games had been a subject Stacey whole-heartedly intended to ignore.  She kept herself busy with the chickens, the garden, her sheep; anything really to avoid the television.  Having to watch these particular Games was unbearable, what with the man she loved in eminent danger of death and all that.
So when her parents came rushing out in a panic, Stacey could only expect the worst; Travis had died or was about to.  Well, that’s what she’d thought was the worst.  No, what the Gamemakers had done was worse; Stacey saw her own face, covered in blood and fighting her Travis through the television screen. She was in tears before the end of it, and left the room before Travis could make his final blow; how could she watch her love kill her likeness?

As her tears dried, the girl found herself in a part of the district she hadn’t been in before.  At least not recently.  Looking to the sky, she realized the sun was going down; she’d have to get home soon, hopefully being able to avoid that blasted television.  “Uh, excuse me?” she said to the nearest person, “Could you uh, could you point me towards the Market Square?” it was out of her way, but it’d be better if she just found her way home from there, instead of trying to get direct directions back home.

Gifs, god, why you no fit like ever? Ignore the overbalance of intro to actual workable material, Stacey's a bit emotional~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
avatar

Male Posts : 529
Join date : 2013-03-21
Birthday : 1996-12-09
Age : 20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
0/150  (0/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:00 pm











JAXSON WHITE -- District Ten

Jaxson walked along the street with Danza by his side. After a day out trotting around a meadow, Danza was ready to be reigned back in at the stables, and honestly, so was Jaxson. Wiping his hand across his forehead, Jaxson made his way closer to the stables. Jaxson patted Danza's side, strolling alonside the horse. Soon he found himself hearing the voice of a girl asking a question. Turning around, Jaxson turned to look at her.

"Well," Jaxson began, If you make your way down the street a little bit, and take your first left, you'll make it to market." Looking more closely at the girl, Jaxson noticed something was off. "You alight?" he asked her calmly. He stopped Danza and tied the horse to the nearest fence post. Taking a step towards the girl, Jaxson looked at her with a half-smile.





location: D10 Residences
items : Danza's Reins; Whip
profile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:07 am

Wow, was it really that close? "Thanks," she said, her lips turning up in a half-hearted smile. She didn't really get a good look at the guy she'd spoken to, turning away before he said anything else. But then he asked if she was alright, and well, it's rude to walk off and leave that question hanging in the air, so she stopped her turning and looked back at him. She blinked, having never seen the man in her life. "Uh...yeah, I'm fine," she said. He was maybe a couple years older than her, and "That's a good-looking horse you've got there." She'd caught sight of the dark mahogany creature and Stacey being Stacey, she couldn't just let it be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
avatar

Male Posts : 529
Join date : 2013-03-21
Birthday : 1996-12-09
Age : 20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
0/150  (0/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:28 pm











JAXSON WHITE -- District Ten

Jaxson attempted to lighten the mood when she mentioned the horse. Laughing slightly, he spoke. "Yea, that's Danza. He's my friend," he said with laughter in his voice. Stepping towards the horse, he placed a hand on the creatures neck, "Ya can pet him if ya want," he offered. Jaxson waved her towards the horse, stroking the beast's neck. "He ain't shy or nothing." Jaxson looked at her, "So what was gettin' you to market so quickly?" he asked. Jaxson could defiantly sense something was off, but he wasn't quite sure it would be a good idea to mention it.





location: D10 Residences
items : Danza's Reins; Whip
profile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:59 pm

For a moment, Stacey forgot her troubles. Horses were just about the only thing that could do that. The other thing that could do that was one of her troubles. She approached the horse a bit cautiously, it was always good to do that, but once he seemed to be okay with it she patted his neck. "Danza, huh?" That was an interesting name. "Well, Danza, you're pretty soft, huh? Is that natural or...?" she addressed the last bit to the guy, wondering if he had some special product that made horsehair softer; if he did, Blitz could use it. But then he asked about the market and she shut down, removing her hand from Danza's neck. "Just, uh, reasons I guess. I got a bit lost and I know my way from there so I uh..." She realized she was rambling and shut her mouth, turning full-body to the guy, "It, uh, it doesn't matter. I'm Stacey, by the way." She took a step back as she spoke, preparing to leave after he answered her question and introduced himself...or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
avatar

Male Posts : 529
Join date : 2013-03-21
Birthday : 1996-12-09
Age : 20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
0/150  (0/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:46 pm











JAXSON WHITE -- District Ten

"I don't do anything to him, just a couple of brushes during the week," Jaxson replied, stroking Danza's neck. Jaxson found himself staring at the girl in front of him, just a few years younger than himself. Not bad looking either. He was beginning to place a hand on her shoulder when she spoke again, forcing him to drop his hand. Chuckling, Jaxson looked at her. "Well, most of the places in the market's liable to be closed by now," he said. Listening a bit more, "Jaxson," he said with a smile. He extended his hand out to her, "Jaxson White." He looked her face over once more. Smiling, "I don't think I'd feel right if I just let you wander around on your lonesome. How's about I help you find your way?" he asked, hoping to stay with her a bit more.





location: D10 Residences
items : Danza's Reins; Whip
profile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Stacey scoffed, not noticing the movement of his hand, "I know that. I didn't say I needed the place to be open." He introduced himself, and she tentatively shook his hand. "Nice meeting," she said, dropping his hand. She cast another glance at the horse; it was amazing what just a bit of brushing could do. Before she knew it, Jaxson (was that his name?), was offering to help. "Uh, no, thanks really, but once I get to the market I'll be fine and I'd rather not inconvenience you after all," she took another couple steps back before turning to head down the road. Wait. "Uh, which way was it again?" she asked, turning her head a bit to look back at him. She could feel her face turning red; how could she have forgotten already?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
avatar

Male Posts : 529
Join date : 2013-03-21
Birthday : 1996-12-09
Age : 20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
0/150  (0/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Thu May 01, 2014 6:22 pm











JAXSON WHITE -- District Ten

Jaxson chuckled. "Ya might not need the place open, but it'd be better if it was," he teased her. His hand was back at his side and he was looking past her and towards the sunset. "Trust me, Stacey, I ain't got nowhere to be," he began, "Perks of livin' on your own." Jaxson heard her ask the way again. Seizing the opportunity, he walked around to Danza's tie. Undoing the knot, he gripped Danza's lead. Walking the horse behind him, he stood beside Stacey. "Ya know something? I could tell ya the way, or I could have you let me take ya there," he said, patting Danza's saddle. "Best way to get 'round here, ya know?" he said, noting her blushing.





location: D10 Residences
items : Danza's Reins; Whip
profile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Thu May 01, 2014 8:57 pm

Stacey frowned. Jerk. "Fine then, lead on," she said, crossing her arms and stepping aside for him to "lead". But Jaxson seemed to have other plans. She looked between him and the saddle, and it was tempting. Really tempting. Danza seemed like a steady horse, but so had Blitz. And this guy was giving her mixed signals. "Maybe for you," she said, looking away, "But I can't. Not right now." Stacey's eyes flicked to the ground, stayed there. "Can you, uh, just help me get where I'm going?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
avatar

Male Posts : 529
Join date : 2013-03-21
Birthday : 1996-12-09
Age : 20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
0/150  (0/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Fri May 02, 2014 8:28 pm











JAXSON WHITE -- District Ten

Jaxson shrugged, she didn't seem to want to ride, so he stayed feet-on-the-ground as well. Standing beside her, with Danza on his other side, he took a step forward and began walking ahead. Staring at the sunset, he muttered, "Well ain't that beautiful?" Keeping his pace, Jaxson turned to look at her, while simultaneously passing the road he told her to go down prior. "Somethings defiantly wrong, girl. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. You don't have to tell me, I know I'm a stranger, but I'm just here to listen if ya need it," he explained to her. Still walking, Jaxson wad prepared to talk the long way, or another route, to the market.





location: D10 Residences
items : Danza's Reins; Whip
profile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Sat May 03, 2014 1:00 am

Stacey glanced up at the sun after a moment's hesitation. A brief smile crossed her lips, before she realized what the dying light meant. "Don't you know curiosity killed the cat?" she said, fixing her gaze on the ground as she followed him. "And if there was something wrong, I wouldn't tell you, even if I did need it," she said, more even with Danza than Jaxson himself after he'd gotten ahead. She was silent for a bit, but eventually she realized this was taking a while. "This can't possibly be the fastest way, can it?" she asked, the edge on her tone enough to speak for itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
avatar

Male Posts : 529
Join date : 2013-03-21
Birthday : 1996-12-09
Age : 20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
0/150  (0/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Sat May 03, 2014 1:38 pm











JAXSON WHITE -- District Ten

Jaxson raised he hands beside his face as a sign of 'don't kill me.' Staring ahead, he shook his head. Looking around, Jaxson looked for the next street. Although he wanted to stay around Stacey, he wasn't quite in the mood for the attitude she was handing out. Finding the next street, he turned left onto it and led Stacey along it. Looking ahead, he saw the lights of the shops that remained open grow brighter. "There's your market," he said. He walked with her until they reached the edge of the houses and the market. "I better get home," he said, mounting onto Danza. He nodded at her, "Take care now." Pulling Danza's reins, Jaxson turned to face the way he came.





location: D10 Residences
items : Danza's Reins; Whip
profile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves


Female Posts : 1549
Join date : 2011-06-05
Birthday : 1996-02-26
Age : 21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
1/1  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   Sat May 03, 2014 3:22 pm

For a second, Stacey felt bad about her snappyness, but, well, she wasn't in the mood to be hanging out with some random guy. "Thanks," she said with a small smile. She turned, watching him mount the horse. "Uh, you too," she said, taking a step back to give Danza room. Hopefully he wasn't too mad at her; she did need some friends after all. Stacey watched him go, then turned to the market, already figuring out how to get home. But she had a feeling she'd see more of Jaxson and Danza... someday.

Topic end~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket   

Back to top Go down
 
Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Favorite Fan fic?
» The We Are Awesome Thread
» Renoldo's School For Medallionaire's ?
» The trail of tears [Travel Kumogakure to Kirigakure]
» Natural Feats & Special Abilities

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 10 :: Houses-
Jump to: