The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Left_bar_bleue1/1Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Empty
PostSubject: Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens   Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 4:52 pm

Time didn't stop during the Games;  as much as Stacey wanted to curl up and sleep until Travis returned, she had responsibilities.

"Come on Bruiser, Doodle," the girl called, to which the two dogs responded obediently.  Strapped to their sides were crates of her wares, while Stacey carried even more in her arms.  Again, she cursed her siblings, none of whom were willing to help on market day.  First of the season, couldn't they give the girl a break?
Arriving at her designated table, Stacey plopped her parcels down unceremoniously.  She took the crates from the dogs after catching a breather, and Doodle and Bruiser took their places beside the table.  In the next couple of moments, Stacey had set up the entirety of her wares in a pleasing fashion to attract the passerby.  
"All freshly raised and grown! Picked the tomatoes and turnip greens myself this morning!  It's a bargain!" she called her measly pitches to passerby.  Someone had to want something, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens   Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens PwQlCCb
Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Tumblr_mtwwouvnfs1rmps2vo2_250

Annie was on a quest to find ingredients for her mom's salad when she spotted a girl around her age across the marketplace. She hurried over, giving the girl a little wave. "Hi, I'm Annie," she said with a smile. Starting with an introduction just kind of felt appropriate. "How much for two tomatoes?" she asked, looking down for a second to rifle through her pockets. Her mom had given her some money but she had other veggies to buy as well and she didn't want to spend it all in one place. "Or if you take trades, I've got some fresh eggs I can grab in, like, two seconds." Her brother was selling eggs about two blocks down, so she figured she could go get some if needed. Annie saw some movement out of the corner of her eye and glance down, where she noticed the two dogs just hanging out. She grinned. "Aww, cute dogs! My mom has four corgis and we've got an Australian Shepard." Annie knelt down to say hello to the dogs, but wasn't sure if this girl would want her petting them or not, so she kept her hands off and just blinked at them. "What are their names?"

Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Left_bar_bleue1/1Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens   Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 7:20 pm

"Stacey," she responded in greeting, giving Annie a smile.  "That's uh-" she cut off as a trade was offered, but she was shaking her head, "Sorry, I'm swimming in eggs at home.  I'll give you two for One-fifty though, probably cheapest you'll see all day."  That was actually cheaper than they were supposed to be, but it still gave her a shallow profit, and any customer was a good customer.  But then she had to blink.  Where'd the girl go?  Stacey heard her voice from bellow the table, and she had to laugh.  "I'm not sure what these guys' breed is, but they certainly aren't pure," she said.  Bruiser walked straight up and nuzzled Annie, like she was an old friend.  Doodle took a step back, shaking her head at her brother and turning to watch the other people in the marketplace.  "He's Bruiser," Stacey introduced, "And the one givin' you the cold shoulder is Doodle.  I wouldn't touch her, but Bruise seems to really like you; he really likes that spot behind the ears."  Someone else came up and Stacey made a quick sale, all smiles.  "So, I hate to pressure you, but do you want those tomatoes?  They'll be gone in a flash, you know," Stacey said after a minute.  Getting impatient wasn't a good thing, but a girl standing in front of your stand wasn't exactly excellent for buisness either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens   Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens PwQlCCb
Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Tumblr_inline_mwucwxEbbm1sr57h6

Annie shrugged when Stacey said she was in no need of eggs and named the price. "No worries, one-fifty sounds great." She lifted her head up from the dogs. "Cute names," she added, and counted out the money in her palm. "Sorry, don't mean to keep you too busy." Annie smiled at the other girl and handed her the cash. "There you go, one-fifty." Annie gave Bruiser a last little gentle scratch behind the ears and picked up two tomatoes. "Thanks! See you later," she said politely, waving behind her as she walked over to another vegetable stand.

Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens   Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Topic end~

may add in an actual post later, probs wont
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens   Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thank God for good directions... and turnip greens
Page 1 of 1