The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Left_bar_bleue0/0Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Empty
PostSubject: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_m24hs7WpZR1rr2yezo1_500

After taking a little break of eating doughnut holes, Zeke decided to go down to training, where most of the people would be. The boy didn't really want to show off all his smarts, but it may be useful to show the Game Makers that he is good with weapons. They must like fighters. Who wouldn't? "Okay, Oceania, I'll be at training if you need me to tell someone off!" Zeke said, zipping up the back of his training outfit. He slammed the door behind him, going down the elevator. Nobody was in the elevator with him. It was complete silence until there was a ding, signalling for Zeke to continue his walk. He took a turn to his right, five doors down was a door reserved for Tributes and Trainers. The Training Gym, of course. Of course the Game Makers would be there, but they are authorized to be everywhere every time of day. Zeke went right to the Melee Station. "No whips, no success in showing off." He said, quietly so nobody would hear him. But, there was a cool thing that he had never seen before. There was a pole, with some rope and a knife at the end. Cool. Knife Rod. He named it. Zeke closely examined the weapon. It looked very simple compared to all the other weapons. This one was the only one that wasn't pure metal. Going to a corner so nobody else would get cut or injured, he swung away at three dummies, all surrounding him.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Left_bar_bleue1/1Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_mcyyeaFWhV1rujbfb
~The Song Rune's Humming~

Rune waved a goodbye to Shaun and Rowan, leaving to get a good start on training.  And impressing the Game Makers, of course.  She spent a bit of time watching an instructor at the survival station, but he bored her, so she skipped off towards the Melee station.  It was time to let her fun side show, after hiding it from her mentor and partner for quite a while.
The tribute was humming a bright tune as she skipped, continuing on as she arrived.  The song ended about as she held up a club and a war hammer.  Clubs were fun, but the hammer... Rune grinned a bit, choosing that option.  After placing the club back, she twirled the hammer and started the song again.  
The station was surprisingly empty, but that didn't stop her from trotting right over to the only other tribute around.  "Hi ya!  Sure you're using that right?"  she asked him, watching the flailing of his knife-rope weapon.  It was an interesting concept she was ashamed she hadn't come up with once.  Rune twirled her hammer again and slammed it into the nearest dummy, which was probably supposed to be his.  It was in between her and the boy, after all.  "I mean, you should be slaughtering these guys, right?"  It looked to Rune like her one blow had done more damage than anything he'd managed to do at all.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Left_bar_bleue0/0Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 7:47 am

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_lssb9jsSLO1r4x5ueo1_500

Zeke had his first god swing with this weapon he now called a Knife Rod. He was gripping the pole with his left hand, the rope with his right, and swung the knife around. Then he lashing it, ripping a good chunk of the dummy's head off of its body. "I guess this could work." He said, looking down, nodding at the weapon. Then, Zeke heard humming, coming closer and closer. There was nobody in the Melee Station the last time he checked. Zeke turned around, to find the humming to come from a girl, about his age. Then she started to talk to him, so he decided to chit chat too. "Hey. And I think I am. It might just be the fact that I'm used to a whip, not this.. Knife Rod thing." He said. Zeke was good at starting conversations and pleasing the people. "And I assume slaughtering is the whole idea of the Hunger Games, correct?" He asked, continuing to chop away at a dummy. The girl was using a hammer, which would be just as disturbing as a whip, but more metal. Zeke didn't mind, so he just continued to hit the dummy that they were both hitting. The boy tried to be careful enough that he could get a hang for hitting vital organs, and not to hit the girl herself. "And I'm Zeke, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Left_bar_bleue1/1Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_inline_mnqf6yWtsi1qz4rgp

"Ooh, bet this isn't too exciting then, huh?" Rune winked at him as he mentioned a whip. It reminded her of some old song she'd stumbled upon once. As he swung about, she joined him in beating up the dummies, giggling a bit as he tried to avoid her. "Well if that's what the Games is all about, why ya tryin so hard not to hit me?" She slammed her hammer into a dummy's shoulder, stepping purposely into his range and then out again, as if making a dare, "I mean, it's a competition! If I could accidentally maim you, I'd do it!" She laughed a bit, smashing the hammer around some more. it was totally a joke. "Weeeeelllllll Zeke, I'm Rune! Can I call ya Z?"
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_mozfydHUot1qcmnsuo1_500

Zeke smiled as the girl responded. "Who did you think you are?" He asked before the girl said her name. When she said Rune, he decided to continue. "Well, Rune, I don't try and murder people unless they do something bad. Like trying to kill me. Being the son of District Four's Executor, its kind of the Executor's Chivalry." Zeke said, now his right hand was moving closer to the knife. In a split second, he stabbed where the brain would be and ripped the knife out. "This guy refused arrest." The boy said, gently kicking the dummy's face, humorously. Zeke wasn't bothered by the girl's crude sense of humor. "Uh, I guess you can call me Z?" He said, then laughed.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Left_bar_bleue10/150Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_inline_mn4vun4eVq1qz4rgp

Shaun walked into the Training Gym after eating a nice, hearty breakfast of eggs made sunny-side-up, bacon, and three of the fruit he had learned were named Plums. He had gone for a fourth one, but was told that it may not be such a good idea to train while being too full. He sighed, promising himself he could have more when he got back and got dressed for training. When he was ready, he made his way down to the Gym. When he got there, he walked through, looking around. He saw another tribute give him a small wave before going back to training after Shaun gave his own greeting in return. He looked away, scanning the large room and saw her at what appeared to be the melee station. Shaun walked over to the weapon rack there and grabbed two of the same weapon, the blades being longer than those of daggers yet shorter than those of swords. He checked the balance of them, both feeling just right. He supposed that's because they were Capitol made. He walked over to a dummy, beginning to slice at it and ended up decapitating it long before he meant to. He looked down and said, "Seems I have something to work on..." He turned and walked over to Rune and the male tribute from District 4. He smiled and gave a wave, overhearing the last thing said. "Well, nice to meet you Z."
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_m7h2btqVnM1qim2ju

"I thought chivalry was dead.  All forms," Rune's eyes darkened a bit and she stopped moving for a second.  But she brightened back up when he agreed on the name.  "Zee~" she said, swiping the hammer into the dummy's head just as he pulled the knife out.  "Ya took my kill man... oh! Hey Shaun," She turned to her district partner with a smile upon hearing his voice.  She couldn't say she was pleased, but at least he made an effort to try to live.  "Z, this is Shaun.  Shaun, Z~" Rune pointed to each in their turn, "He's from...uh, where're ya from anyway, Z?   We're from Eight."  She looked the boy up and down for a second, twirling her hammer as she searched for his district number.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Zeke smiled as the girl talked, but he was focused on getting better grip on the pole. Until another person came in, calling him Z. "Hello, new kid. And from Eight? Looks like we're only four districts away. I'm from Four." Z said, swinging at the dummy. Clumsily, he did not pull back after the hit, and scratches his the Training Center's wall. "Shit.." But they were little scratches. With that, little problems to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Left_bar_bleue10/150Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 7:32 pm

Shaun smiled when Rune greeted him and he responded, "Hey Rune...see you got an early start...or normal one and I got a late start." He laughed, twirling his weapons lightly and managed to not drop them and nodded. He looked to the guy from four and he nodded. "Suppose we are..." Right after he said that, Z hit the wall, making a few scratches and he cursed. "They're just scratches. I'm sure they won't mind...kinda surprised the whole Gym isn't filled with 'em. They probably fix up the walls in between each Games, huh?" Shaun chuckled and walked over to another dummy slightly close to them and began to slice at it, careful not to ruin the training tool too quickly.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_inline_mo15inO1dg1qz4rgp

He didn't look like a four, but maybe it made sense.  Rune giggled when he seemed mad at damaging the wall.  "Oh, hun, that just shows your strength.  Walls don't just scratch themselves, ya know?" She twirled her hammer a bit more and stepped closer to the wall.  "Hmmm... I've got an idea," Rune looked back to the boys then, lightly swinging her hammer back and forth, "How about we have a competition?"
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Zeke shrugged as he learned not to really care, after what the boy said. "I guess it doesn't really matter. I mean, who cares?" He said, continuing to slash at the dummy, thicker and heavier marks going onto the wall. "A competition, Rune? Like what?" Z was intrigued with the fact that she liked fighting almost as much as he did.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 11:24 pm

Shaun had made a few dozen cuts on the dummy before he put one of the long daggers into the chest of the dummy. He grinned and nodded, pulling the weapon out and twirled before resting it at his side. "What kind of competition?" He crossed his arms, careful not to cut himself as he did so, his expression showing obvious curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 1:18 am

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_inline_mo15ie4DWQ1qz4rgp

Rune's hammer kept going, picking up a bit of speed. Then she drew back and slammed it straight into the wall, leaving a massive dent in it. "Let's see who does most damage?" Rune was grinning. Hopefully they'd take her offer. "Winner gets... well, I'll think of something," she took a step back, opening the wall to the boys. "Who's next?"
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 6:01 am

Zeke wasn't expecting what the girl was about to do. And then a noise slammed into the wall. It startled him a bit, but it didn't disturb him. Instead, he just took the handle of the knife, letting the rope and pole dangle. Zeke ripped it through the dummy and then stabbed at the wall. Just one stab, he didn't want to cause too much attention.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Male Posts : 704
Birthday : 1993-01-14

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Left_bar_bleue150/150Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Icarus finished the book and the decided to get some sword work in before he had to do his Private Session. He walked over the the weapons rack and watched as three tributes worked on their moves. He grabbed a sword, and then stepped up to one of the dummies. He had been training for a few years in secret at home, but never in front of others. He started off with a series of jabs and parries, and then slowly getting more comfortable continued with more swings. He did this for about five minutes, and then put the sword back and walked away.

Last edited by Prince Hawk on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 12:58 pm

The boy from eight watched as the two other tributes took their turns trying to destroy the wall. Shaun nodded and went over to the weapon rack, looking through all of the weapons, crossing his arms as he put on a thoughtful expression. Then his eyes lit up when he saw a nice, destruction making weapon. He picked up the flail by the end, careful to not let the spiked ball on the end of the chain hit him. He looked to the other two and said, "You might wanna back up." He let them get a safe distance away before walking towards the wall, swinging the weapon around slowly, making sure he didn't hit anyone, and swung it into the wall with such a force that the ball stuck into the wall. Shaun let go and looked at the end of the flail dangling and stood with his jaw dropped. However, his surprise quickly turned into joy and raised his hands into the air, yelling, "Like a fricken' wrecking ball~!" Shaun clapped his hands over his head and burst out laughing, bringing his hands down and put a hand on a dummy for support. Once he calmed down he looked to the others and asked, "So? Who wins?"
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_inline_mo150eNPw71qz4rgp

Rune crossed her arms as Zeke stepped up to the plate.  All he did was stab the knife into the wall.  Rune yawned, frowning, "Zee~ You're such a bore~."  The slice was deep, but not so much on the 'damaging' side.  But then Shaun showed up with a flail and she laughed a bit.  "No fair, changing your weapon like that!"  But he made a big smash, and she could help but grin at the damage.  "Well that's pretty impressive, I have to say, the winner is- wait.  Maybe we need a second opinion?"  A new tribute had showed up at the station, practically ignoring him.  Rune twirled her hammer, skipping over to him. Or started to, but he walked away before she could get close. Oh well. Rune shrugged and headed back to the boys. "Hmmm, I'd say Shaunie won today. Any ideas for your prize, Shaunie?"
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 11:01 am

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Tumblr_mhkyg5gRcN1rggwwho2_250

Zeke smiled as he lost the competition, but it didn't really matter. At least, not to him. "Good job, Shaun-Boy! I say you get your mentor to get him cake in the arena. A cake with big fruits so you can stay healthy and eat delicious food." Zeke said, laughing. He put the Knife Rod back and continued. "Or you should get doughnut holes. Or just a bunch of applause." He suggested, starting to clap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet   Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swinging Too Hard: Might Hurt Your Feet
Page 1 of 1