The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm Always In This Twilight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

I'm Always In This Twilight Empty
PostSubject: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 5:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Outfit

Celia was on a mission. She had a new sea glass project she was working on, and she needed a specific color to fill in the missing piece. Unfortunately, she was out of that color, so she'd gone back to the place she'd originally found most of her supply of it. Celia, however, was regretting that decision with every step she took. She'd found herself kind of stuck on a platform rock by the opening to a cave, and though the water wasn't too deep here, it was fast and there were other sharp rocks around. She hadn't bothered to wear swimming clothes, which she wasn't sure was good or bad yet. On one hand, her rolled-up jeans would be heavy if she tried to swim, but they might also help offer some protection against the scratchy rocks. Great, she thought. I'm such an idiot. Celia sighed and tugged her hair out of her face into a messy high ponytail so she could see better without the salty air throwing it in her eyes every three seconds. She looked around for another rock to climb on, but was reluctant to leave her current perch. It was seemingly secure for the time being, at least, which Celia couldn't say for sure about the others. Rapids didn't make her nervous like depths did, but she still knew it was dangerous. Do I call for help? she wondered, disliking the prospect. The rock-hopping probably wouldn't be too difficult. Celia mostly just needed someone to advise her on which rocks to pick and keep an eye on her in case she chose the wrong one and fell in. "Is anybody there?" she called out half-heartedly after a few more moments of contemplation, scanning the nearby sea cave area for wanderers like herself who might have more experience with this type of situation than she did.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I'm Always In This Twilight Left_bar_bleue150/150I'm Always In This Twilight Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 5:50 am

Al was alone at the top of this cliff that lead right down into the deeper end of the ocean. He was in his swim pants with nothing much but his skateboard. He tried to get people to come along but guess it's just him today. He shrugged and grinned, it's been awhile since he went cliff jumping and who says you can't do that alone? He's been wanting to try this new stunt and show it to Grayson tomorrow. He left his skateboard hidden in one of the bushy vegetation and was jumping around, warming up. But at that moment he heard someone call out from below softly. He held himself over the edge to poke his head below, trying to figure out who it was. She seemed like she was stuck right outside the cave below so he thought of helping her out. He pulled himself back up and took a couple of steps back, running off the cliff and jumping off backwards, letting out an exhilarating shout, "Wooooo!" Attempting a backflip, he landed in the water on his back with a loud, painful splash! And he took a couple of moments to break the surface, almost right in front of the girl. "Ow.. That's gonna leave a bruise.." He winced and rubbed his back that hurt like the water cut it up with needles. But eh, it won't leave much scar. He cleared his fringe out of his face and wiped his hand over his face to see the girl there on the rock. "Hey what's u- Ohhhhhhh Celia! Right? Right. It's been awhile, how are ya? What are you doing on that rock anyways?" Al floated on his back as he greeted Celia, arms folded behind his head. He remembered Celia from that day at the beach with Grayson and all but that was quite a long time ago, everything was kinda blurry that day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:51 am

Outfit

Celia was surprised to hear a voice, and even more surprised to see a person barreling over the edge of the cliff. She immediately assumed the worst and carefully knelt down on the rock so she was closer to the water. Her eyes were wide with concern when a head popped out of the water. Celia let out a sigh of relief. "Are you okay?" she asked. Wait, I know that guy, don't I...? He called her by name and she nodded, the day at the beach with the dog and the kid and Grayson suddenly coming back to her. "Yeah, Celia, and you're, uh, Alaric or Al or something, right? I'm doing pretty well, except for, you know, the being stuck on a rock part." She laughed despite her discomfort. "I was looking for sea glass. Uh, are you sure it's okay to be swimming in that? The water looks kind of vicious." Celia did not totally trust the ocean on a good day, and now there were rocks to worry about, too. "I did not originally intend to go swimming or rock climbing, but I guess I got carried away. Didn't realize it was this far out." She straightened up again, keeping her balance, to avoid the water. Celia did not understand how Alaric could just float on his back without an apparent care in the world. Different people take to different things, she reminded herself. Just be glad you didn't get stuck somewhere deeper. Celia squinted in the sunlight. Even if Al had no problem with the water, hadn't he said something about bruises? "Sorry, did you hurt your back? That jump looked pretty painful."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I'm Always In This Twilight Left_bar_bleue150/150I'm Always In This Twilight Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:30 am

Al chuckled and did a little wave above his head, "Yep, 'Al or something', that's me!" He daydreamed off a little as mumble to himself while Celia explained why she was here, "Woooow... I've never seen sea glass before! ...What's sea glass." He was confused for a second there when talked about how the strong currents and he shrugged, "Really? Seems okay to m-" He then realised the the wave behind was smushing him into the rock Celia was standing on and he quickly put his hands out to reduce the impact on his chest. He looked up to her and gave her a cheeky grin, "me." He propped his elbow out so that he could hold his place there as he continued their conversation, "Well that's no good, we should get you out of that rock." He looked up at the cave ceilings as he went into deep thought, it would've been easy for him to just get out of here if it was just him. He could prolly try and just swim back to shore. But this is a different situation and he'll hafta see how they can deal with this.. He snapped back went Celia brought up about his fall. He dismissively waved a hand, swatting the worries away, turning around to show her his bare back, "Oh that? Psh, it shouldn't be too bad. I'll just rub it down later or something." His back was red but he didn't think too much of it. When he turned back to face her, he rubbed his hand together, pushing himself up onto the rock as well, "Now! Let's get us outta this tiny thing, shall we? Were you heading in or out?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:18 am

Outfit

"Sea glass is, like, random pieces of glass and broken bottles and stuff that got swept away in the ocean and wash up all frosted and pretty. I kind of collect it," Celia explained with a chuckle. She'd worn her rope bracelet instead of the sea glass one she'd made, or she would have shown him. He turned to show her his back, but if that was supposed to prove he was okay, Celia was not convinced. "It looks red," she fretted. She was about to add something onto that when some ocean spray nipped at her feet. Right, okay, focus. If he says he's fine, you can postpone worrying about that until later. She scooted over as he climbed up on the rock with her, which Celia wasn't sure was the best idea due to its small size, but she wasn't going to argue. Al appeared to know what he was doing, or at least be willing to try and help. He questioned which way she'd been heading and Celia pointed back to land. "In, definitely. I mean, out of the water. Back to shore. The sea glass can be found another day." She shrugged and spread her arms out a bit so she'd have a better chance of not falling off.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Al's eyes widen, amazed by the actual fact that these sea glass existed. "Woaaah, that's really neat. One day, can I tag along just to see what they look like?" Al touched his back and the usual stinging feeling came back upon contact, but it was the usual, so it wasn't too big of a deal to him. "I'll live," he shrugged and looked around them. He's been to this cave at least a dozen times but somehow the insides always seem different every time he gets here. "Back to shore it is!" A finger tapped his chin and then he threw himself back into the water, going outwards to see how far the shore was. He clung onto the rocks closely as he swam out. It was bout 100m or so which isn't exactly too long, even with these currents, he always quite sure they'd be able to make it. He pulled himself back to Celia and rested his folded arms and chin on the rock, "Good news and bad news! Good news is the shore isn't too far away really, it's not too hard to get back. Bad news is, are you willing to get those jeans a lil wet?" He didn't expect to see a girl out here in jeans but here she was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Outfit

"Of course. I would be honored to have you tag along. Plus, you've already proven yourself useful, haven't you?" she teased. Celia sometimes worried that her hobby was a little boring, so it was nice to have someone show interest. She flinched instinctively when Al jumped back into the water. Maybe it's not as treacherous as it looks? she hoped. Celia knew that if she had kids or a younger sibling, she would probably never let them swim here, but Al's success in navigating the rocks was encouraging. He reappeared and  asked her about swimming in the jeans. Celia resisted the urge to bite her lip from the nerves. "I don't mind," she said with a shrug. "Not like I really have any other options anyway, right?" It wasn't getting her jeans all soggy that bothered Celia; it was the added weight her mind kept warning her they would bring. Stop it, she told herself. The water's shallow. You could probably see the floor if it weren't moving around so much. Even if they drag you down, there's not much down to go to. Suck it up and swim. Celia planted a bright smile on her face and crouched on the rock. Carefully, step by step, she made her way into the water, hanging on to the rock with her hands. "Okay!" she exclaimed. "In the water. In the ocean. Surrounded by sharp rocks. In jeans." The aforementioned article of clothing was indeed heavier. It wasn't too much to handle at the moment, though. Celia cleared her throat. "Shallow water." She couldn't quite touch the ground with her feet, but she had a feeling that she was almost there. "Um, lead the way, please? And thanks."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 5:47 am

Al let out a laugh, "Useful might not be the right word." When he came back he waited for her to pull herself into the water first, "It'll be fiiiine! I'll carry you back if it gets rough!" Al hold onto a few rocks farther out and held out a hand for her to grab on to. It wasn't too bad, not as bad as that one time... But it may seem a little bit to harsh for someone else so Al tried to take it slow. First order of business, get out of the rapids in the sea cave! "Hold on tight, I gotcha," He noticed her freaking out a bit and she probably can't reach the floor, seeing her thread in the water. "Don't think about the ground, let's think about something else!" He tried to come up with something. It was actually quite deep out once they move further out of the cave, since well, he kinda just dived in a couple of minutes ago, but he didn't let her know. Telling her would only make things worse right? "Uh uh.. What's your favourite colour?" He shrugged with an attempt of distraction from the rough waves. He held onto the sides of the cave that extended out to a couple of rocks as he pulled her over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 6:46 am

Outfit

Celia laughed when Al assured her that he'd carry her back if there was an issue, but she was genuinely touched. The fact that they hardly knew eachother and yet he could just say something like that so casually led her to believe that Al was a very sweet person. She clasped his hand tightly when he offered it, trying to rely on it as little as possible. It was nice to have a sort of safety rope, and it was a welcome reminder that she wasn't alone out here. An anchor. Celia kicked lightly under the water with her feet, guiding herself along after him and using her free hand to keep her head afloat against the weight of her soaked jeans. Celia knew that she might technically have an easier time treading water with both hands available, but she figured that the water itself wasn't as much of a problem as her fear of drowning. If she let go of Al's hand, she'd be surrounded by water and a few rocks, and she didn't like that feeling at all. That was the type of feeling that led to panic, so she kept a steady grip and hoped she wasn't dragging him back too much. She didn't like having to be rescued, but she'd rather damage her pride than drown. That was a mistake, Celia realized. Just maybe don't think about drowning so much. Or how your feet aren't touching the ground and it's like there's an endless empty abyss under you that just keeps going down and down and down... even though it's probably only a few inches past your toes.

Celia pushed forward, her free hand circling furiously to keep her head up. Al told her not to think about the ground and she would have grinned if she wasn't worried about accidentally swallowing seawater. "Okay, um, thank you," she  said, kicking so her mouth remained above the waterline long enough for her to finish speaking. He then asked her about her favorite color as a distraction and her eyes lit up. "Oh, I love blue. Maybe not so much dark, deep water, scary blue, but, light blue, maybe some green or purple. Cool colors. You should see the colors you can get on sea glass." Celia relaxed her limbs for a second so he could pull her over to the side of the cave. "What's yours?" She liked having something else to hold onto, but if Al needed them to stay close to the cave wall, that meant there must be deeper water coming up. Celia drew in a shaky breath. It was, what, eight years ago? Can't you get over this now? Just until we make it back to shore? Celia did genuinely believe that they would make if back to shore relatively unharmed, but there was always that nagging doubt in the back of her mind, and it got stronger with every stroke forward they took. "It's getting deeper, right?" She said aloud, surprised by how relatively calm her voice could sound in this situation. "But it's the same. It's just like swimming on the surface, when the floor is only slightly out of reach. There's just a lot more water and a much further way down." Lorcan's gonna be so pissed. She blinked a few times to clear her vision, and looked over at Alaric. "So, otters are great."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 am

Al looked further ahead, trying to decide on their route back. If they continued along the walls they'd take a century to get back, seeing the spit curve steeply. It would better to just get over this turn in the wall and bite the bullet back to shore. It shouldn't be too bad! He made sure that he still had Celia's hand before gripped tightly and helped her over to the next area he got to. He gave her a reassuring squeeze and grinned to her, going forward almost by the edge of the inside walls. "I would take it that sea glass have all of those nice pretty colours," he chuckled, trying to get a foothold on the sharp rocks, "How do they even get so many colours anyways?" He let out a hmmmm as he thought, "Red's a really nice colour, don't you think?" He found a small area where it wasn't too pokey and stepped onto it, giving him a leverage to go forward, but it was more of a foothold for Celia to just step on and feel more secure. Al nodded cheerfully, directing her to the foothold, "Mmhmm." but what she said after made him think twice. "Are you scared of deep waters?" Before he could get a reply she moved on talking about otters and he laughed, "But seals are better." They threaded towards the end of the walls and he stopped there, clinging onto the  wall with one hand, "We're gonna hafta swim back from here. It'll be all good, the currents aren't that strong." Based on his suicidal judgements, "You okay with that?" He asked as he tugged her closer to hold onto the wall too.

#sorryalilshort #notmuchgoesintoAl'shead #likethisairhead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Outfit

Celia smiled a bit when Al asked about sea glass again. "I think they start with it most of the time, but maybe the saltwater affects it. But, like, if someone breaks a blue bottle, it makes blue sea glass, I guess?" She would have shrugged if she wasn't focusing all her energy on staying afloat and moving forwards. "Mm, red is very nice.  Especially that red you get when the sun sets on the water." She stepped on the foothold rock and exhaled slowly, not wanting to get off of it. The sooner you move on, the sooner you get out of the water, she told herself. Celia let her foot slip off the rock and forced herself to keep swimming towards the deeper water. Towards land, remember? Al asked her if she was scared of it and she let out a wry chuckle, shaking her head. "I'm not exactly fond of it. But, um, yeah, seals are great too. They're so cute and blubbery." Celia loved seeing the chunky little seals lying on the rocks sometimes, without a care in the world.  All they seemed to bother with were fish and eachother. She gripped onto the cave wall, reluctant to let it go. Al checked if she was okay with swimming back and Celia pressed her lips together for a second to steel herself before speaking. No. "Okay," she said quietly. "I don't mind currents that much, anyway." Being pulled out to sea didn't phase her as much as being pulled down under it. Besides, back in the direction of the current were those rocks she'd been stuck on before, and that part was shallower. "Uh, how far is it?" How long do we have to be over the deep part? Her knuckles were turning white from holding onto the cave so hard and she could feel her heartbeats speeding up. She released the wall one finger at a time in preparation of swimming through the empty, deep water that awaited, taking a deep breath to slow her pulse down, and because she worried that it might be a while before she could take another one without water getting in the way.

#celiahastemporarilyescapeddrowning #fornow #Wink
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Al mouthed a wowed and imagined people purposely breaking glass bottles and waiting for sea glass to come back to shore. It was kinda silly but the outcome would still be really pretty. "Yeah! Though it's a rare sight, we don't always see it happen. But that makes it so much better to look at." He gave her an encouraging smile as she pushed off from the foothold. Al straighten up as Celia agreed about the seals. "Yeah! Right? Whenever they roll around on the beach and flop back into the sea and all that cute stuff." He hasn't seen a seal around the common beach but if you head further down and out there, you get to spot a whole family of them just suntanning and all. He shrugged as they ventured forward, "Well it's okay to not be fond of it. Just gotta take a deep breath and go for it!" He looked back to Celia as she hesistated in her soft answer, and he tilted his head down towards here, "Really?" He glanced ahead just to try and check his estimate again and nodded, "Yep, about 100 metres or so. It isn't too far. We'll make it in no time." Al threaded in the water effortlessly, holding out her hand as Celia slowly left the wall into the open sea. "There ya go!" He grabbed on to her other hand and swam backwards, taking their time as he tried to get her to calm down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Outfit

Celia could only bring herself to give Alaric a weak smile in return when he said it was 100 meters. That sounded like a lot to her paranoid brain, but she knew it wasn't actually that far. But how deep is it? 15 feet? 20 feet? 50? 100? That was another thing that scared her, the not knowing. If she looked down and saw empty dark blue beneath her, Celia knew she'd freak out, but all she knew right now was that her feet were definitely not touching the bottom. It could be pretty shallow, 100 meters isn't that far, she tried to convince herself, but she couldn't help thinking that maybe it was deeper here, maybe if she stopped moving or let go of Al's hand she would just sink down, down, down, down, down forever. Celia shook her head, only the very top of which was still dry. Her ponytail had fallen out a little ways back, and most of her hair was dripping, a few strands of it stuck to her neck. "Just... very not fond of it," she corrected, kicking off the wall and swimming along after Al. Every muscle in her body felt tense, like her mind had convinced the rest of her that she didn't belong here. Celia kept her eyes on Alaric's face, though she didn't understand how he was easily swimming backwards, pulling another person along, while she was having such difficulty just swimming normally. She made sure not to look down, and was doing okay for about 10 meters when, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a blurry figure off in the distance, sitting on the beach. She remembered seeing something like that before, far away, a long time ago, and the random beachgoer suddenly morphed into her oldest brother. Celia froze. Her legs refused to move and she felt the water level rise on her face. The weight of her jeans tugged down on her, gently suggesting that she should slip underwater completely. Celia's fight-or-flight instinct roared into action, and she kicked desperately once she found herself able to use her legs again, but a heavy current shoved her backwards, and her hands were detached from Al's grip.

Celia gasped, having grown accustomed to the comforting presence, and the next thing she knew she was enveloped in water. Alone in the ocean, again. Her head was spinning, her pulse was racing, and she hadn't had time to take a proper breath before she went under. This time you're the one that gets left behind. She struggled to remember how to float up, and she'd only made it up for a second to get a half-air, half-water breath and a choked "Al!" when the water swept her under again. It's come back to claim you. You won't escape twice. Celia hadn't realized how much of her weight Al had been taking, or how heavy her jeans truly were, soaked with water. She flailed her limbs, her mind too panicked to think of any logical reaction. The most productive thing she could get was up, up, up. In her frantic state, she could only focus on releasing herself from the downward pull. Pants. Celia's hands flew to the waistband of her jeans, which she was pretty sure were now the most easily destroyed enemy, since she couldn't exactly fight the ocean. She pushed them down over her hips until they were hanging off her feet and sunk into the deep. Celia hadn't bothered to specifically put on swimsuit bottoms since she hadn't expected to get stuck, but luckily she'd preferred to wear boyshorts for comfort, anyway, which offered a bit more coverage, and her shirt was fairly long. Some swimsuits would have actually shown even more skin, though they would have been, at least, suited for swimming. She didn't care much about that right now though, seeing as the ocean currently seemed to be trying to eat her. Getting rid of her heavy jeans helped a lot, but Celia still was working on trying to remember how to swim. She flung her arms around in the water, but it didn't seem to do much more than prevent her from naturally floating. She didn't know which was was up anymore, until the tips of her fingers broke the surface and she propelled herself in that direction. The ocean *cough*Rainy*cough* apparently was reluctant to let her go, though, because drama is fun? another current sent her spinning and Celia lost her bearings once again.
#whatwasthatisaidaboutnotdrowning #becauseuh #whoops? #ididntevenintendthisoriginallybutwhatthehell #draaaammmaaa #awyisss #nopantsnoproblemxDD
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 9:57 am

Al chuckled when she admitted about something. "You're doing fine, just keep your eyes off the water, okay?" he tried to comfort, seeing that she was starting to really get scared. "So what do you do with  the sea glass anyways?" he tried to bring up a distraction again. Keep the mind off the bottomless pit below. Or so she thought. But while he was talking, he noticed that Celia was staring off to something behind him. He continued to pull her along and glanced back to see what she was staring at with such horror but before he knew it, he pulled her right out of his hands. He tried to grab them back but they slipped away so fast he didn't even know what happened.

"Celia?!" He called out across the ocean once before hearing her call his name. That was when he dived down to try and get her up. He peeled open his eyes and saw the struggling shadow and swam towards it, seeing her clearer as he went closer. For a second there he really thought that he was going to lose her, someone he barely knew and he'd be the cause of her death. But soon he saw her struggling to get rid of her pants that was weighing her down. He helped her yank them off as they looked like they hooked onto her foot. Hastily tying it around his waist he grabbed her under the arms and pulled her up. When they broke the surface, he gasped his own supply of oxygen before cupping her chin and supporting her over his shoulder. "Celia, just calm down, you're fine. You're gonna be fine," he said as he chin towed her, taking the journey back to shore. "Can you breathe? Take deep breaths, okay? You're safe now." He muttered, couldn't help feeling the slight panic himself. It's not like he's never dealt with these kind of situations before, but the terrified look on Celia even got him worried. And he tried his best to keep her afloat, bobbing his own head in and out of the water, continue to the little words of comfort. It honestly was scary, no matter how many people he's towed and saved before.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I'm Always In This Twilight Left_bar_bleue1/1I'm Always In This Twilight Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:52 am

It had started out like any other work day, the last one Gray had all week. Roger sent him and Grizzy out on a skiff to shallower waters, closer to shore than a normal boat. Harder to find fish, but Grayson spent most of his time talking to Grizzy anyway. "Oi, you ever seen a- Griz?" The dog had started barking at something, closer to shore. The boy turned his head, spotting two figures right before one went under. The other one went down soon after. "Don' think they're just playin' around, eh?" He'd already turned the boat towards the spot where he'd last seen them. Grizzy wasn't playing around, sitting up, alert at the bow of the skiff. "Roger's gonna kill us , ya know?"

-

He should've known. It was obvious as soon as Al hauled the girl up from the depths. Grayson was still a few meters out when Grizzy jumped out, paddling towards the pair as fast as his doggy legs could take. As he got closer, Gray recognized the girl, too. Celia, wasn't it? "Al! What the 'ell are ya doing out 'ere?" Being an idiot, probably, and with a practical stranger, no less. Grizzy had gotten to the two and was watching Celia, recognizing that she was the one in more danger. Gray didn't have a life ring on the skiff, so it was more or less up to Grizzy and Al to take care of the girl. "Come on, then, ya haven't got all day," He said as the boat drew up right next to them, finally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:24 pm

Outfit, currently without the jeans or ponytail and covered in saltwater

Celia didn't see Al through the water, but she felt something pulling her up to the air. Air, Celia's head broke the surface and she gasped, her lungs demanding oxygen. Her throat was burning, her muscles were exhausted, and her eyes stung from the saltwater. The feeling was, unfortunately, familiar, but she'd almost forgotten the actual sensation of having swallowed so much water that she could have sworn her throat was shrinking under her skin. Celia blinked several times, trying to clear her vision, and Al's face slowly faded into view. He was saying something, but her ears were ringing, and she could only make out a few words. Breathe, Celia's rapidly numbing mind echoed. Breathing is important. She twisted her head to the side to avoid Al's hand that was under her chin and coughed up water. She was already covered in water from head to toe, and she needed it to be out of her body. Celia tried not to lean on Al too much, seeing his head go under the water a few times. She wanted to thank him profusely or apologize or something, but her voice refused to work. Celia was phasing in and out of consciousness when she saw a familiar dog appear out of the corner of her eye, followed by a boat. She looked up, and some part of her brain recognized the other figure on it, so she forced one of her tired arms to latch on to the side. She turned to check on Al before even attempting to climb on deck, worried that basically carrying her had been too much for him.

Last edited by Rainy Pie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : it was important ;))
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Al noticed a bark at first and he turned to see something way more than just that. Somehow Gray was around, in a boat. Talk about miracle. "So the miracle hotline does work!" He hollered over to his friend, though hands a little busy right now to give a wave. Grizzy jumped in and paddled towards them and Al gave him a quick, wet pat, "Help make sure her legs don't sink would ya? Thanks Grizzy." They started towing her towards the boat and as soon as Celia held on to the side, Al jumped onto the small little boat and pulled Celia up. Taking a deep breath, he smiled to Grayson as a greeting and looked out to see in Grizzy got back on. He laid her down onto her side in recovery position, with whatever space they had. "See, that didn't take all day, did it? What are you even doing out here?" He grinned to Gray, somehow throwing Gray's question back at him as he moved hastily, giving Celia a couple of light slaps on the cheek to see if she was conscious. It all felt almost automatic, these steps to follow. "Hey, Celia, you okay? Can you here us?" Al asked softly while he tried to find a footing on the boat, damn the small boats the teenagers are entrusted with. Only the teeny weeny ones.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I'm Always In This Twilight Left_bar_bleue1/1I'm Always In This Twilight Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 10:14 am

Grayson backed up as much as possible as everyone climbed into the boat. Thank god he hadn't caught any fish, otherwise the tiny thing wouldn't hold all four of them. It was already rocking a bit from the sudden addition of two fully-grown teenagers. "I 'ave a job ya know. Grizzy saw ya an' started barking, an' that's that." Gray gave the simple explanation. He'd berate Al later, but he was taking care of Celia now, which was kind of the priority. Not wanting to get in the guy's way, he went over to Grizzy, making sure the dog hadn't hurt himself when he jumped off the boat. "I don' have any towels, but I can get ya to a dock. You can dry out in the sun," He said once he was satisfied with Grizzy's condition, he went back to steer the boat towards the docks. Roger was going to be pissed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Outfit

Celia was extremely frustrated with herself. Stupid, stupid drowning. Stupid ocean. Stupid sea glass, stupid rocks, stupid jeans, stupid Celia. She didn't know where this rush of anger came from, but although she didn't like it, she preferred it to desperation. She was tired of being desperate, tired of being afraid. Why do you even go near the ocean? You're putting yourself at risk, you're putting other people at risk, and you don't even like the water! It's stupid and pointless and if you're going to surround yourself with water, at least learn how to freaking swim when you're more than 12 feet deep. She suddenly realized she was on the boat, and that someone was speaking to her. It was all kind of a blur. Something hit her cheek and Al's face swam into her vision. She blinked, clearing the residue of saltwater from her eyes. Her lungs felt mostly free of water by now, and the only reminder she had of her water freakout incident was being sopping wet, cold, and exhausted. Celia took a harsh breath in before speaking. She'd missed oxygen. "Um, thanks. I think I'm fine," she said quietly. How were you supposed to face someone after that? "Where are we?" Celia lifted her head and looked around. "Gray?" she questioned, rather surprised at the familiar face. When had he gotten there? "Sorry." Celia wasn't entirely sure what she was apologizing for, but even disoriented, it seemed appropriate. She hadn't intended to hijack anyone's day, or this tiny boat.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 6:48 am

Al grinned as he bent down to talk to Grizzy, "Awww thanks Grizzy! You did good out there, we could've really used the help." He reached out to give the dog a good scratch behind the ears before turning back to Celia, glancing up to Gray as he noticed his face may not be the happiest of them all. "C'mon Gray lighten up! I'll help you catch double the fish later, okay? Keep Roger happy and all, cause I owe you right now," he gave him a light slap on Gray's arm as he steered them back to shore. Al then truly shifted his attention back to Celia as she started to come to. He smiled to her with the hint of concern in his eyes, "See? Told you that you'll be fine." He leaned away from her to give her some room before he answered her question, "We're on Gray's boat! They found us by some miracle or something. We'll just get you back to shore first." Al lit up when he remembered something as he went off again, "Oh! And and and good news! I have your jea- oookay, no I don't." he pat his waist expecting her jeans to be tugged around it but only to find his own waistband. Slumping his shoulders, kind of disappointed that they probably slipped off just now and looked up to her, still kinda... pantless. "Sorry bout that. Must've slipped off." Al sat in a corner of the small boat, right beside Celia, making himself comfy as he waited for her to sort of get her mind straight again. He gave a look of disconcern and swatted her apology away, "Naww, you don't hafta apologise for anything at all!"

#omgsolatepostsorry #itdidn'treallyalipmymindbutjust #yknowdennie #deadlines #dead #butwoohooD4<33
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 9:39 am

*SCREWGIFSYOLO*

Gray relaxed a bit as Celia came to. She was fine, it seemed, which was a whole lot better than he could hope for, knowing Al. "Double? Sure ya could stay on the boat that long?" He joked a bit as the little skiff chugged along towards the docks. He basically tried to ignore the conversaton down at the other end, but Al was a bit too loud for that. And what he was saying was just plain weird. Well, it made sense when Gray finally noticed that Celia was pantless. "Ya took her pants off? Isn't that a bit backwards?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Outfit

Celia waited for her head to stop spinning before she replied. Really? She thought in disbelief. Grayson just happened to be out on a boat in this area at the exact moment we needed him? She pressed her lips together, tasting sea salt. Today could have ended very differently. Just stop questioning it and appreciate the coincidence. Celia looked up at the mention of jeans. Al seemed disappointed that he'd lost them, but she hadn't even realized he'd got them back in the first place. She tucked her legs under herself more tightly. "Don't worry about it, I didn't expect for them to be anywhere but at the bottom of the ocean, but thanks" she said with a little smile. "Besides, they were probably last season or something, right?" Celia shrugged. She heard Gray question the lack of pants and crossed her arms, keeping her head slightly tilted down. She wasn't mad at him - how could she be, with what had just happened? She just felt sort of self-conscious. Oh, crap, she thought as something dawned on her. My brother really is going to kill me. "They were dragging me down, so we pulled them off," she said quietly.  "They were doing more harm than good." She glanced at the surface of the ocean, which looked so much calmer and more unthreating than it had a minute ago. She wondered if her pants would reach the bottom, or be washed up. Like a sacrifice.  Celia lifted her head again to face the others. This is more coverage than a swimsuit anyway, right? "Um, how far is it? Back to land?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Always In This Twilight   I'm Always In This Twilight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Always In This Twilight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 4 :: Sea Cave-
Jump to: