The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dropping by not so coincidentally

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Dropping by not so coincidentally Left_bar_bleue150/150Dropping by not so coincidentally Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Dropping by not so coincidentally Empty
PostSubject: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally BwTEbUx
Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_mef12pP0Ec1qhpoofo3_500

Derald strolled up to their doorstep, hands in his pockets. He had finished all his chores today (Ha! Take that Tess) and he thought about her offer and thought that, yeah why not just drop by. It was slightly late in the afternoon already and the thought of Annie not even being home have crossed his mind, but he hadn't sped through his farm chores for nothing today. He actually stood in front of her door for maybe 5 minutes or so before he finally decided to knock. A small wind blew past to tousle his hair, and it made him smile before dropping his head down to look at the ground, almost as if it was a reminder of that night. He still wasn't sure how much of it was, or if it was even real at all. It felt like a dream that's for sure, but that hug he remembered very distinctively makes him think otherwise. Well, dream or not, it had him thinking a lot; what 'Xavy' said, what he was feeling, what was the best thing to do. It took him a couple of days to sort out his thoughts. But ultimately, who ever knows what to do? All he knew was that he needed to know. However, everything was thrown out the window and the comfort of having someone so close to you around took over. "Howdy," Except... it may not be who he was hoping to expect.

#guessswhaaaaat #surpriiiiiiiiiiserain #SinceDerrywantedtosurpriseAnnieanddropby #ChiiwillsurpriseRainanddropby #\o/ #maybejustnotinCali #notyet #winkwonk #timetomeetthefamily? #ohmywho'segonnaanswerthedooooooor #theuberhugefamily #woo

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally PwQlCCb
Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_n0pc2wkkMe1szv27e

A tight-lipped woman opened the door with an expression of disdain marring her face. She looked cold and intimidating, and had her bony arms crossed over her chest. It was definitely not Annie. At Derald's casual greeting, the woman narrowed her eyes. "Jessaline, I assume this is one of yours? Please get rid of him with haste; I will not have him polluting my family into using language like that." The sound of footsteps could be heard from inside the house, and a pretty brunette girl took the older woman's place at the door, but it still wasn't Annie. She looked Derald over and grinned, batting her eyelashes at him. "No, ma, he ain't mine, but I'll take him," she purred, twirling a curled strand of hair with one finger. Her hungry chocolate-brown eyes didn't leave Derald's face. Finally, there was the sound of someone running down stairs and a familiar voice echoed out the door. "Sorry, Aunt Jemima, that's, uh, one of my friends." Annie appeared behind the flirty girl, but the rude woman wouldn't let her pass. "...he's helping me walk the dogs?" Annie tried, and Jemima scowled, but stood aside. Jessaline looked from Annie to Derald and pouted. "Ugh, fine. What a waste. You want somebody a li'l more fun, call me," she said in a sultry voice. Jessaline winked at Derald, blew him a kiss with her perfectly painted cherry-red lips, and strutted off into the other room. Annie cringed and stepped outside, closing the door behind her. It was nice to see Derald, even if her family was insufferable. "I am so sorry," she sighed, running a hand through her hair. "That would be my family. Well, extended family, in this case. I would have made sure they couldn't bombard you, but I had no idea you were coming over." She laughed. "Other than that, this is a lovely surprise. Did you need something, or just want to hang out, make pancakes, play with the dogs? Oh- I've been meaning to tell you, those bracelets were beautiful! I had no idea they were in there; thank you so much! I had to hide them from Jessa... uh, the girl you just met." She was caught off guard, but seeing Derald always made her day better, even if she was worried he'd end up ditching her to hang out with Jessaline or something. That was what had happened the last time her sister Marlee had brought a guy over. Annie wanted to believe that Jessa wasn't Derald's type, but she had no idea. Jessaline often insisted that she was everyone's type.  

#theyshouldsitontheporchatsomepointbtw #becauseuhh #wellyouknowxD
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Dropping by not so coincidentally Left_bar_bleue150/150Dropping by not so coincidentally Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:13 am

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_mkv13bikst1qz4rgp

Derald stood there stiffly as he was been scrutinised by the lady that opened the door. "Sorry mam," he shrugged an apology, not really sure what he was apologising for. It didn't sounds weird the way he greeted her, was it? A name was being thrown around from the lady's mouth, Jessaline. And the next girl that appeared was most probably that. He tipped his hat awkwardly to greet as the girl stared at him. See even her! Sometimes he would think that they was judging him. He tried to avoid Jessaline's non stop gaze. Want him to turn around while they were at it? "I was just lookin' for-" but he smiled when he was interrupted by the familiar voice that called up. He gave her a little wave as she stood behind the other two by the door, almost amused by her family. He swallowed back a laugh as she tried to come up with an excuse for him appearing here and he quickly nodded to the reconfirm her point to her aunt. "Nice to meet ya too?" He said as both of them left, leaving the, alone as she closed the door. Derald let out the laugh he's been holding in, "Walk the dogs?" He settled down before he manage a proper greeting to her, "Hey. And nah, they seem like a really nice bunch." He grinned as Annie started rambling a little, before he could answer one she went off to another. "Well, no particular reason really. Ya asked me to pop by some time, so I kinda just did. Just thought we could spend some time together. If yer done with farmwork today that is." He added in, almost forgetting that he might've probably been imposing on her by coming here. Derald perked up when Annie said she noticed the bracelets, "Ya saw 'em! Great, I reckon they might've gone into the trash." He rubbed the back of his neck before continuing, "The strings from the stylists' drawers were screamin' 'take me!' so I kinda stole it from them and made little things like that. Hm? Hide it from yer cousin? Why would ya need to do that?" He remembered taking the colours like the sky and all to make a couple when he was bored. It was fun, if he didn't get caught by their stylist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 6:10 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_mwa9f7zbnR1sr57h6

"Of course I saw them." Annie laughed at Derald's confession and pointed a finger in the air in mock accusation. "Shame on you, you little thief," she teased. "That's adorable. Just maybe don't tell my aunt that. She's, uh, not fond of ruffians." Annie poked him in the shoulder after he'd explained his surprise presence. "You can always come to hang out. Best kind of surprise. And yeah, farmwork's mostly done, just gotta feed the horses, and you're welcome to follow along." She led the way around the back to the house to the horse stables and started changing their feed while she spoke. "Ah... yeah, she complimented them. Last time she complimented a sweater of mine, she borrowed it, told me she'd spilled milk on it and ruined it trying to clean it, then I saw her wearing it a week later. She denied the whole thing." Annie finished one trough and moved onto the next, tying her hair up in a quick high ponytail to keep it out of her face while she worked. At least feeding her horses wasn't a particularly messy, difficult, or time-consuming job. She wouldn't have procrastinated it if she'd known he was coming, but the fact that he wanted to surprise her was rather sweet. Besides, Annie had been worried that she'd driven him away with her weird behavior the last time they'd met, so she was relieved to see him again. "I dunno, maybe I'm paranoid, maybe she just bought one that looked like it, but it had the same tiny hole on one of the sleeves. I find it very suspicious." Annie moved on to the third and final trough and remained silent until she finished. She stroked one of the horse's heads lightly and turned to face Derald. "So whatcha wanna do? Luckily you came on a mild chore day, so all I have left is dealing with a few chickens later, and I have to do that before bed, anyway. We could bake something again, play with farm animals, run around and do nothing, whatever. I'm all yours."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_mkv128qUnH1qz4rgp

Derald stuck his tongue out at her when she tutted at him. "Well, what she don't know ain't gonna kill her." He shrugged and took his hat off. Maybe somehow expecting the bow to still be there. "Absolutely," Derald grinned, following Annie off to the stables. He helped her change the feed as they converse, "Really now? Now that's just mean. She too jealous of your taste?" Derald chuckled, thinking about what if Tess did those kinda things to annoy him, because she often borrowed his stuff and clothes. And he can totally see her burning his things away. "Not gonna lie, it ain't easy buyin' the exactly same kinda clothes around here. So the suspicion is not totally paranoid." Most of the stuff is like a one stock thing, selling whatever they can. He went up to greet each of the horses, stroking them in the way they liked it. Horses really did make people feel much more calm, if they're calm, and it always works for him, justing talking to them. Derald snuck in small comments and compliments for Annie's horses in between their own conversation, some nudging back in response. "Actually.. I was wonderin' if we could just sit around and talk." Her last words mad him glance away from the horses to her and back as he cracked a small smile, trying to hide it. That was what he had in mind but he turned to Annie from the horses, "But do ya feel like doin' anything? I'm all up for it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_mubmrjk4lE1rpl29c

Annie watched as the horses nuzzled with Derald. "Thanks. You're really good with animals," she noted, smiling. The horses liked her as well, but her family had raised most of them, and she had a feeling they wouldn't be quite as friendly if Annie wasn't the one who regularly feed them. Derald said he just wanted to talk and Annie shrugged. "Okay, works for me. Nah, we don't have to do anything. We can just wait 'til later, you know, if we run out of things to talk about. Which I kinda doubt, but I didn't have a specific activity in mind anyway." She switched to a different horse to cuddle as she finished speaking. "Uh, we could talk in here, if you don't mind the horses listening in. I think there's a bench or something in the back. I wouldn't exactly recommend going inside... even if my aunt lets you come up to my room, which would be a miracle, Jessa and all my siblings'll eavesdrop, and all that's assuming my aunt will even let you through the door. Uh, there's the porch, but it's kinda public." Annie paused, going over the places she had already listed in her head. "Chicken coop's crowded, um, maybe... oh! We could climb up to the roof, though that does have a risk of injury and Aunt Jemima never allowing you within 20 steps of our house again." She laughed. Annie sometimes used a tree by her window to get up on the roof, and Jemima hadn't discovered her yet. She liked to go up at night, where there were stars. More recently, she'd been sneaking up earlier to watch the sunset, which always made her smile. "I dunno, might be worth the view. And the relative privacy. Well, unless Jessaline happens to pick that exact moment to drag one of her boytoys up there to make out. Apparently it's 'very romantic.'" Annie giggled, mocking her cousin's sultry voice on the last few words and cringing. She'd been interrupted on her outings many a time by Jess and her little friends.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_m24kpneBTB1qcjsty

Derald laughed as he stroke the mane of one of them, "That why I married my dog." He stared at the horses as they stare back at him when Annie said that they'd be listening in and the thought of that a little uncomfortable. Derald chuckled as she talked about her family listening in on them. "Guess we'll stay out of yer house for now." He smiled and shook his head, Annie, as always, giving them an incredible list of options making them spoilt for choices. But when she mentioned the roof, it seemed like she really like it up there. He ever been up on roofs before when he was younger and he almost miss how he climbed out from the window to get up there. Derald cringed together with her when she imitated her cousin, "Yes, ain't that very romantic.. Til one of them falls off." He chuckled, lying there was hard enough, he can't imagine people managing to make out on a roof without sliding off the edge. "But I reckon the risk's worth the view and privacy." He pointed up to the roof, eyes asking if it was okay. Plus, the sun was gonna set soon and sunsets are the best thing on watch. Might as well get something out of it when they talk about.. stuff.

#sorryshortpost #heeeeeeeeyyyyybutsunsets #androofsomgroofs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_msp98kMF691s4ucemo7_250

Annie grinned at Derald's choice. "The roof it is. Uh, there's a tree over here. Or I can find a ladder." She said goodbye to the horses and led Derald out of the barn, to a large tree on the other side of the house with convenient low-hanging branches. She usually just went from her room, so she hoped this route would work a well. "Keep away from windows," she advised, glancing warily at one a few feet away and ducking to avoid being spotted. "If my aunt sees us, she'll probably kick me out, and I'll have to come live with you," Annie teased. All her relatives basically lived here, and they were her main source of income. "I may seem pretty amazing right now, but I think you'll get sick of me if I crash on your couch, and I'd miss the dogs, so keep your head down, yeah?" She laughed, muffling it by putting a hand over her mouth in case someone could hear them. Soon they'd reached the tree and Annie turned to face Derald again. "Okay, careful now. Just watch where I put my feet." She shifted back towards the tree and put a leg up on the trunk. She grabbed two branches with her arms and pulled herself up a level. "Come on, I bet you're a natural," Annie said with a smile. She repeated the process again and skirted to the side so Derald would have room. A few more pullups later and the roof was in reach. Annie hopped onto the roof, carefully keeping her balance. Thankfully, no one else was in sight. She breathed a sigh of relief and looked back at Derald. "You coming?"

#idkaboutthegifmanthere'satreesoooo #sortapowerplayingsorryhaddamovethingsalong
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:11 am

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_mr0jkiuKEu1r032zxo2_250

Derald followed her outside giving the horses a goodbye pat before running off the catch up with her. "Yes, mam," he replied in amusement, glancing to where Annie looked towards and mimic her ducking down, not exactly sure why. "That ain't sounding too bad, actually. Keep up with the hat colouring business." He shrugged, remembering the deal they made about painting his hat a different colour everyday. It would've been funny, but he might just get another hat for that instead of his own. He caught himself actually taking it seriously, before shaking his head dumbly. "Well, you can take my bed, and we'll kidnap the corgis over. It's a plan." He suggested in a whisper, slapping a grin on his face. Seeing her cover her mouth Derald refrain himself from talking anymore nonsense as they crossed the house to the tree. Derald just nodded to her, not sure about making anymore noise and he just started climbing up after her. It was quite amusing though, these two people sneaking around to find a nice place to hang out. All for a roof. he tried to contain the chuckle coming on as they climbed. "Har de har har," he rolled his eyes at her, pulling himself from branch to branch. He was more worried about branches snapping instead of losing a footing or stuff but it did look sturdy. He didn't do much tree climbing in his younger days, not even in the Games, so it was actually a lil nerve racking if he had the guts to admit. "Right behind ya," he muttered before pulling himself to step onto the roof. He let out a sigh of relief and looked outwards to the view they had before turning back to Annie, "This could be worth putting our asses on the line of banishment." He took a seat on the slant and pat the place beside him, inviting her to take a seat too. Derald knew he had to say something about that but he didn't know how. "Do ya always come up here?" He asked out of the blue but wanted to punch himself for not opening his mouth to say to right thing. He laughed to himself and just tried to make him say the right thing after that topic, "Kay.. Uh, I needed to ask ya somthin' lately," and I have no idea what I'm doing or saying, he added in the back of his mind, looking away at the sky to avoid her eyes.

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:35 am

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_mubmsjlkNa1rpl29c

"You're such a gentleman." Annie sat next to Derald and looked out at District 10. The house wasn't the highest building in the District, but it still offered a lovely view. She brought her knees up to her chest and planted her feet to keep from sliding off. "Hm, yeah, I think it's worth it. You came over at the perfect time for some roof-sitting. It looks so peaceful," she commented. Annie wrapped her arms around her knees and rested her head on top of them, shutting her eyes for a second. She loved the feeling of wind on her face, and couldn't really care less about how messed up her hair was probably getting. So many little people, so many little lives. Derald asked if she went on the roof a lot and Annie laughed. "You caught me. Sometimes, I swear it's the only place to be alone in this whole house. Except when Jess invades, that is. Although I haven't seen her up here in a while. Maybe she found a new hookup spot... hope so. Every time I start to relax up here, I remember her sticking her tongue down some poor soul's throat. It's kind of a mood-killer." Annie stopped herself before she got into a huge rant. "Sorry, I'm getting way off topic and I don't really want to think about that anyway. What did you need to ask?" She shrugged, straightening up and facing him so they could more easily converse. "You can talk to me about anything, remember? Made that promise from Day One."Except not if you made out with my cousin. Please don't tell me that. Because ewww, and I think that would kind of hurt. Annie didn't know why Jessaline was on her mind today, but she hoped Jessa wasn't on Derald's.

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_mmylmkxXaH1qmohc9o5_250

#doublegiffing #3denniepostsinadayimsoproudofmyself #it'shappening #let'sgo
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:17 am

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_mr93m834um1r032zxo1_500

Derald grinned as he gestured to himself, "What can I say? I have amazin' timing." His eyes gazed over to her while she tucked her legs in and stared out to the rest of the District, wondering whether he was doing the right thing. Potentially ruining this whole friendship and prolly going back to him and the animals. They'd always understand him, he'll be fine, even if this doesn't work out right? ..Right. He chuckled as some of the words actually went through his messed up brain. "Probably the barn, ya never know, it might be more romantic than we think. But now ya got me curious..." Derald snickered thinking how her cousin might pop up making out with some dude right behind them. And he stopped when the topic really got to where he was trying to make it go. "Well..." he paused there, hesitating and doubting everything again. But Annie brought up that little promise they that and it made him decide to just go for it, " 'Course, how can I forget somethin' like that?" He drop his gaze to his hands that were on his outstretched legs. "Kay, so," Did people go on and on with a big speech first? He never thought about that. And it kinda automatic came to his mind. But he mentally slapped himself and bit his lip, turning his head to Annie before he actually heard himself say it out loud, "What would you say... if I told you that I think I might be falling in love with you?" He felt the urge to take back all his words but he couldn't and somehow in that small awkward silence his laughed to himself to cover up the flush over his face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:51 am

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_mubmsmnaZ21rpl29c

For a few minutes, Annie did nothing but sit there in silence, her eyes wide, lips slightly parted in shock. How did one handle something like this? What was she supposed to say? You're supposed to say it back, because if anyone deserves happiness, it's him, and it's been two stinkin' years of hugs and half-flirting. Annie wasn't sure where the voice in her head came from. She figured it was maybe a part of the back of her mind that had taken over while the rest of her didn't know what to do. Why not? Annie asked herself. What's the problem? You like him, don't you?  You've liked him since he first crashed into you with a horse, even though you didn't realize it. You thought he'd never be interested, but clearly he is. Why aren't you ecstatic? Annie hated that she hadn't replied yet. She wouldn't want someone to be speechless if she'd confessed something like that. "Um." Was that what it was? A confession? Or was he joking? He wasn't joking, you idiot. There was the strange voice again. She was pretty sure people only 'heard voices' when those voices were whispering about murder or something, so she dismissed it. She had more important things to think about. We're friends, she realized. Best friends. That's the problem. He's one of the most important people in the world to me. What if we dated and broke up? What if this ruins that? She bit her lip. No, we're we're not going to stop being friends, even if that happened. And besides, who said we had to break up? "I would say..." Annie began, her face breaking into a smile. "That you're not the only one. Because I think I might just love you too, even though you waited two freaking years, you idiot. And you know what else I would say?" Annie laughed. Once the decision was made, all the pressure was off and all she felt was giddy.  "Shut up and kiss me."

#OHMYGOSH #ILEGITWASNTGONNAPOST #BUTIDID #SUCHAREBEL #IHAVENOIDEAWHATIMDOING #SOTHISMIGHTSOUNDUSPERFAKE #OHGOSHFOURINADAY #ANDTHATWASSOPERFANDADORBSANDIDIDNTEXPETITANDGAHHH #DENNIIIEEEE #AWYISS #sothathappened #um #ihonestlyhavenoideawhatimdoing #doitwhilethefeelsarefreshright? #andbeforeihaveachancetoprocrastinate #ily #goodnight
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:59 am

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_msfxz6laqA1qbtzqto1_500

Derald ran a hand through his hair as he let the silence continue. This was not going well, not going well at all. Maybe he should change the subject, say he was joking, go back to talking about dogs and horses. Do something at least. "Did that come out right? Don't think so.. uh," He looked up and sky turning orange, trying to figure out something to say. "The sky's really nice, huh?" At the back of his mind he was telling Xavy I told you so. If he could. Well, time to marry his dog, Xavy can't say no to that anymore. Derald folded his legs up and dropped his head in between his knees, hoping to stop the redness showing on his face, "Okay, maybe we should just forget 'bout it for now an-" But a single word stopped him from blabbering on and he pulled his head up, not really sure what she was going to say. All she said was 'um'. She could say anything after that. He watched her think, really really hard and sometimes he really want to know what's on her mind. He thought he was really going to hafta change the subject and talk about the weather or something before she finally spoke again, relieving him of his own anxieties. A huge grin came onto his face when she smiled and to hear those words come out of her mouth made him feel like he was worrying for nothing. Love, it was a really weird word, he rarely used or rarely heard. And to feel that was surprisingly nice. It was weird but it was also a nice feeling. He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck when she mentioned it took him two whole years. And it did, it probably wouldn't even come to him if it wasn't for a friend. maybe he really was dense. But he'll work on it. He'll try. He looked to her when she added, confused as to what else would she want to say. Derald just couldn't resist a smile with what she said next. So he did shut up. And he did kiss her. They say that your first kiss was always the worst and most awkward one, and it was awkward but it wasn't bad. It just.. made his heart race. He broke it off and leaned his forehead onto hers before laughing softly, "So worth the risk of banishment from your place."

#wooooooo #adorablenesserrywhere #gotosleeprain #ilyt #denniiieeeee<33
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:54 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_mmecd8TfWY1reyr9bo1_250

Annie turned her shoulders to face back to the roof. "Definitely worth it," she agreed with a laugh. "Although I guess that means Jessa was right, damn." She sighed in defeat, but couldn't keep the smile from her face. This was a good decision, she confirmed. It didn't feel like risking a close friendship; it felt like getting even closer. "Uh, so, it's probably too early to bring this up, but, um..." Annie hesitated, trying to figure out how to express her thoughts. She couldn't really run off if she said something wrong, since even though they could get off the roof, it sort of took a while, and that made her nervous. "What is this, now? What are we? I mean, are we no better than my cousin and her random hookups? Are we just going to leave that answer for later? Are we, like, dating now? I'm sorry, I have no idea how this stuff even works," she admitted with a laugh, running a hand through her hair and leaning her head on his shoulder. "Sunset's nice," Annie commented, waiting for him to reply. This seemed pretty close to a perfect moment. She worried, though, that it could all turn dark in a heartbeat. God forbid one of them fell off the roof or something. Annie knew she'd been extremely fortunate in life, but good things still unnerved her, because they could go away. The more you had, the more you had to lose, and she didn't want to lose Derald.

#thegiiiiiifff #iikindamostlyhadhersaythatbecauseofthisgif #andimeaniexpectedhimtojustaskheroutbuthey #youbringitbringitxD #idkmanihavenoideawhatimdoing #doitforthegif #shortpost
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_mnxmyqePp71qz4rgp

Derald laughed as Annie admitted that her cousin was right, "But it's kinda different, ain't it? Since it's us and not them," he put an arm around her as he caught her smiling. It felt like it was much easier now that everything was let out and laid out. Like he didn't need to think too much into it anymore. He tiled his head to look at her as she brought something else up, "Nah, just shoot, speak yer mind." He felt like he just dropped a big bomb on her with... that, and they really shouldn't hold back if they wanna say something. But he may regret saying that when she asked that one question he has no idea the answer to. He stiffened at the list of possibilities, to even hear one of them as a hookup. He squeezed her shoulders reassuringly, "Hey, why would ya say that? We ain't just some random hookup, I promise. I ain't gonna lose my best friend just so we could hook up." He rested his head on top of hers when she leaned onto him and had to take a moment to think of a real answer. So... what were they now? "Honestly? I.. don't know. I'm just as clueless as you are on these kinda things," He chuckled with her but opened his mouth again. That was not a satisfying answer at all really, but he tried to put out what was on his mind. "You're my best friend, and that ain't ever gonna change no matter what." He started off, not exactly sounding the best either but he tried to continue, "and.. I would like to think that you're my girlfriend, too." A very alien word. It was weird when it came out of his mouth the first time. "What do ya think we are now?" he asked the question back to her, he can't really decide that alone. A grin crept up his face as he turned his cheek slight to glance to her, "See? Sunsets are really nice!"

#yuuuushthegiiiiiif #it'salwaysforthegif #hedoesn'tknowhowtoaskpeopleoutso #gobigorgohomeman #sensethepants #IhavenoideawhatI'mdoingtoo #wingingit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:28 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_mubmt5IpNi1rpl29c

Annie smiled in agreement with Derald. "Sunsets are very nice; I can see why you like 'em." They remind me of you.She couldn't have asked for a better turn of events. Is this the same day it was when I woke up this morning? I was just gonna sit around and procrastinate chores. She pressed her lips together as she thought of how to reply to Derald. She was honestly touched that he considered her his best friend. He was definitely hers. First friend, best friend, boyfriend. "Boyfriend," she said slowly, enunciating the word to see how it felt. "Hm. I do like the sound of that. Never had one before. Could be fun." Annie found herself laughing, partly from endorphins and partly because she wasn't sure what else to do. "We might as well give the dating thing a shot, right? Derald and Annie, boyfriend and girlfriend. Scary." She wrinkled her nose. "The good kind of scary. Exhilarating. Scary because there are ways it could go wrong, but so many reasons that it's right. A risk worth taking, like climbing up on this roof in the first place. Besides, we made it through reaping age- uh, well, sort of. Gotta do something with our lives." Life was a funny thing. It never did exactly what you expected, for better or for worse. Sometimes bad people had good lives and good people had bad lives, but sometimes things worked out. This is going to work out, Annie thought to herself. Whatever that means, it's going to turn out well. "Just, um, don't tell my family. Yet."

#sorryshortpost #yas
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:52 am

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_mnxmtbbaIL1qz4rgp

Derald nodded his head multiple times, "It's just nice to know that the day's endin' and all and then you get to not do anything at all at night." He actually never thought it'll end up like this, he was expecting it to just crumble and fizzle off into the world of awkwardness. He felt a tingle when he heard the other alien word, weird, again. But it was nice. "Girlfriend." He echoed over, repeating the word again as he grinned to her. "Yeah, it does. Never had one either." He gave her a thoughtful face, rubbing his chin as he let out a hmmmm, "I could get use to the sound of that." He laughed as Annie talked about their out of reaping lives. "Sort of," he smiled as the past kind of just came back to him. Yeah, their lives were either gonna just be here, or maybe make something good out of it. "Guess we'll never know till we try, right?" shrugging and blushing. Derald never thought he was much of a blusher until now, really. But he chuckled when a matter of secrecy came up, "It'll just be our secret. But I reckon Tess would smell something up." He remembered that night thinking about Xavy before the Games and he had something to fight for, Derald didn't. But maybe he felt like it could've been worth it to come back. He kissed the top of her head before resting back on it again, mumbling out a simple phrase, "Thank you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:58 am

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_inline_mubmrsArXu1rpl29c

Annie bobbed her head slightly, without dislodging it from Derald's shoulder. "Guess so," she agreed. She felt another blush creeping up in her cheeks and smiled. "She probably will. She's very astute." Annie wasn't sure what she was supposed to do now. Did they just go back to talking about pancakes and puppies and sunsets? She put the thought aside when Derald thanked her. "What? Whatcha thanking me for?" She looked up at him and blinked, somewhat startled by how close their faces were. Annie had never noticed his jawline before. "Mm, day over sounds nice. Except- oh, crap, I still have to deal with the chickens. You ready for a climb down?" She reluctantly got to her feet dusted off her legs. Annie extended a hand down to help Derald up. "Careful. If you fall off the roof, we won't exactly be able to keep this a secret."
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_mq18rhNBpV1r032zxo2_250

Derald lightly shook his head in dismay, thinking over all the times Tess seem to be the one who knows what's going on. Little did he know is that it could've been because of him. He glanced down to her and shrugged his free shoulder Annie wasn't leaning on, "I dunno actually. For this, for everything. I just felt the need to say that." He did feel like he owe her quite a bit, from the day they met till now. He smiled and just let that hang there. However the little moment they had up there was broken by the clucking of the chickens and damn those chores. He wanted to just wait till the sun totally set before leaving but if things need to be done, things need to be done. He gladly took her hand to help pull him up as he steadied himself. "I doubt I'd be able to even keep this a limb if I fall," Derald joked, starting to place his foot on the thick branches to slide himself down. Once his feet touched the ground, he helped Annie get down and they stood there for a second. "Do ya need my help? I'm basically done for the day so I-" "Anya! What are you doing? Why aren't the chickens fed yet?" Derald was cut off by a shrill voice from somewhere that was coming closer and the two of them stared at each other, sharing a sheepish grin. It's been only, what, an hour and the secret's already hard to keep. Derald gave Annie a quick kiss and made a dash out of their way and sight before her Aunt decides to grumble more and check up where she really was and find the boy she didn't take much liking to still around. Now, running was something he could do fast, if she had come by while he was stuck in the tree, that would've been a bad situation. There was a sudden realisation that he left his hat back in their barn with the horses when he took it off but he can always get it back later. Unless Jessaline wants to 'borrow' it too. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face as he ran home for dinner, the sky losing its light from one of the best days of his life.

#uuuuusorrypowerplay #welpit'sonlyAuntJemimahtho #SorryAuntJemimah #butheytopicgottaendnicely #youcanpostthelastpost<33 #muchfeels #solove #wow #dennieee #hashtagrant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Dropping by not so coincidentally Tumblr_mlj409ZLoA1s0wzgeo3_250

Annie slid down the tree and jumped down from the last branch with Derald's help. "Thanks." She was about to tell him that helping was a sweet offer but she could do it herself, though he coulg tag along for company if he wanted, when she heard her aunt screaming from the house. Annie sighed and clenched her teeth. "Coming, Auntie!" she hollered, narrowing her eyes. She shook her head and turned back to Derald with an apologetic smile. "I am so sorry. Until next time." She quickly kissed him back, which she was still getting used to, and waved goodbye as he ran off. "Oh, wait!" Annie realized. "You forgot your... hat... nevermind." He was already long gone. She made a mental note to find and return his hat later with the utmost priority and hurried off to feed the chickens with a broad grin on her face. Just because Jemima was rude didn't mean the poor chickens didn't deserve nourishment. She wasn't sure if she'd fully come to terms with the events of the day, but it was something to look forward to this time, not dread like the impact of Alice's death. "I'm here, I'm here," she grumbled, stepped back into the house to go to the chicken coop out back. "You're late," hissed Jemima, "and I don't want to see that boy around here anymore." Annie tried her hardest not to smirk, her face contorting into a slightly off expression as a result. "Mhm," she replied, breaking out in yet another smile as soon as she was out of her aunt's line of vision. Sucks for you, then, because you'll probably have to.
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dropping by not so coincidentally   Dropping by not so coincidentally Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dropping by not so coincidentally
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 10 :: Houses-
Jump to: