The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Simply Suggestive

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Simply Suggestive Left_bar_bleue135/150Simply Suggestive Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

Simply Suggestive Empty
PostSubject: Simply Suggestive   Simply Suggestive Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:13 pm

For most people, this is their first Hunger Games on here. I wasn't sure how things were going to be run, but now, after experiencing the first part, I know what to expect. And, I have a suggestion to make the experience better.

While roleplaying, I felt a little rushed. Rushed with everything. I know that with the books, training last for three days, and everything like that. We've got it accurate here. But, things are a little rushed. Roleplaying doesn't always happen at the same time as real life. Most people on here have school during the day, and Sorella doesn't live in the east coast, which is where most of us live. So, it makes it kind of hard to roleplay.
I spend a lot of time with my family, so it limits the time that I'm on the computer. This past week I was on spring break, so I could spend more time on the computer. But now, I'm back in school, and the hunger games are going on. It's a little weird to think about, but my character Klark was sleeping, right? But I didn't have a chance to reply until after I was done my homework, and done eating dinner, which wasn't until about 7:00 PM. Now I'm pretty sure that most people in the Hunger Games don't sleep until 7 PM.
ALSO, with the private training sesions, they only lasted one day, right? Well, I had no idea that the private sesions were going on until after the results were posted, wich caused my character to have a lower score.

SO, ALL IN ALL MY SUGESTION IS IS THAT WE EXTEND THE HUNGER GAMES PROCESS SO INSTEAD OF FOUR OR FIVE DAY'S, IT'S LONGER SO WE CAN POST MORE.
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Simply Suggestive Left_bar_bleue150/150Simply Suggestive Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Simply Suggestive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply Suggestive   Simply Suggestive Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:32 pm

There is complications, your suggestion is good though. As it is difficult for me because I am in the west coast and you're all in the East.

There is still the complications you may want to consider. We know we could spend more time with it but if you think about it, if we don't move along fast enough people will drop off the face of the planet and just not post. Then we'll be stuck and have to create even more npc's which is a hassle. We really want a strong member base and a bigger one with more people online so one day we'll have 24 actual people playing the actual tributes. (: That's the complication I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Male Posts : 1443
Birthday : 1994-12-20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Simply Suggestive Left_bar_bleue400/400Simply Suggestive Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
Character Name:: Brook Shields
Alliance:: Victors

Simply Suggestive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply Suggestive   Simply Suggestive Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 pm

You're right, there are so many variable though it's hard to determine what works where. It's going to take us a few games to get the feel for it down and working at top efficiency so everybody is happy. Wether that be designating posting times in the arena, or something else, rest assured this is the final concrete "it has to be this way" draft.
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergamesrp.rpg-board.net

Simply Suggestive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply Suggestive   Simply Suggestive Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm in the same time zone as Sorella (GO WEST COAST!), but on the same school schedule as Pip. I think the private sessions were a little rushed, but people really wanted to find out their scores, and they don't seem to have really affected the Games that much. We are going a little too quickly, but I personally worry that if we go to slowly, we'll become less active and the site will die again. Still, I get your point, Pip. I'm scared that something's going to happen to my character while I'm at school, as well, but I think until we have a major problem this should be fine. If we can think of a better way, though, we should try it.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Simply Suggestive Left_bar_bleue150/150Simply Suggestive Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Simply Suggestive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply Suggestive   Simply Suggestive Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:43 am

On a side note I'd like to mention that while the tribute player is not online they just tag along safely unharmed, nothing will happen to you to hurt you while you are gone. We have already thought of that. (:
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

Male Posts : 181
Birthday : 1998-09-09

Simply Suggestive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply Suggestive   Simply Suggestive Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Pip, you have a very good point. It does feel a little rushed, but that kinda gives you the sense of ergancy. I think that's a bit of a good thing to do when something like this happens. But I've almost had Nate die of dehydration, because we're doing it in RL time. I think It'd be kinda nice if the gamemakers would make it night by post every now and then, just so that school doesn't really interfere. Huntsville took spring break 2 weeks early, so that kinda screwed up the original plan for me.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Female Posts : 905
Birthday : 1998-09-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Simply Suggestive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply Suggestive   Simply Suggestive Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:04 pm

I see your point Pip, but I think it needs to be a bit rushed. If it goes slowly people who are in the Hunger Games might get bored by the slowness. And if they get bored they might not be online as often and then miss the actual Games. I know that I would stop coming on if things went slower than they already are. I am also in a different time zone to all of you (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in Australia (: ). But there are some similar times where I am online at the same time as most other people. So I don't really find that an issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Simply Suggestive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply Suggestive   Simply Suggestive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simply Suggestive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Out of Character :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: