The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will i die if I eat this?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Female Posts : 339
Birthday : 2000-08-30

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Will i die if I eat this? Left_bar_bleue0/150Will i die if I eat this? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Megan Shard
Alliance:: Careers

Will i die if I eat this? Empty
PostSubject: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Megan arrived at the edible plants section. It had a table full of weeds,herbs, and mushrooms. “Musheooms are mostly poisonous, aren't they?”
she asked the instructor.
“Mostly but these,” he swept his hand gracefully around a small variety of mushrooms. She hoped that she was had a little bit of talent this thing. It could give her a better edge on staying alive in the group, unless if a. Smart and cunning tribute killled them off using who knew what.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Will i die if I eat this? Left_bar_bleue150/150Will i die if I eat this? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Skye caught up with Megan at the edible items station so hear her ask about mushrooms. "Just avoid all the colourful ones," he joked as he looked over the edible mushrooms. He knew some of these while others looked alien to him. His eyes moved towards the other things on the table to see iodine and water. He knew about purification of water, having to deal with water almost everyday, however that was sea water, but he learnt about it before.

(I'll be having exams so I won't be on this morning Razz)
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Will i die if I eat this? Left_bar_bleue0/150Will i die if I eat this? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:08 am

“Oh i know that,”Megan said seriously.“A lot of the paitents there came from eating thebpoisonous water plants and things. So i know that this,”she pointed to a lush green Plant “is a highly poisonoussea plant,” carefully. Even a small bite could kill a man. She had seen many people, escpecially little girls who were desperate for food.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Will i die if I eat this? Left_bar_bleue150/150Will i die if I eat this? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:58 am

Skye pointed towards a brown, tough, leathery looking seaweed fanned out from a bulb like structure and said, "and this is edible. And sweet." He ever picked some up around the beach and sea and brought some back home when his mother said it'll make some good side dish. Though unless their arena was at sea, he doubt he'll ever use this knowledge. He looked over to the plants mostly found in forests and deserts and started to go through them."
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 am

“Yeah we mix it with herbs sometimes for the little kids,”Megan murmured she she looked at a bright berry. “Suppose this is poisonous?”she asked carefully. It looked poisonous but it could be edivle. What if there were bushels of them and she didnt know if they were edible or not would she survive?Most probably not.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:05 am

Skye stared at the berry Megan was looking at and remembered something his sister taught him. She often tried to get berries from the nearby vegetation and she often made him help her gather some as well. "Know how to test them?" He took the berry from her to take a look at them, "you squeeze some of the juice onto your wrist or forearm and wait for awhile to see if any itches or burns happen. If nothing bad happens, try applying some on your lips. If again nothing happens, try chewing them without swallowing and wait. If it starts to itch or burn, spit them out immediately and always have water around."

It was a bright yellow berry, which was most likely poisonous. "And by that awfully suspicious colour, that berry is most probably poisonous." Skye humored about the awfully suspicious colour and place the berry back down and the trainer nodded in approval. Skye guessed that he better thank his sister for making him do those errands with her, which deemed to be useful now.
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 am

“But this is harder to know with color,”Megan gestured to a berry that was a scarlet/red color. Its like any other berry but its terrably small for anything,”she murmured. Then she remembered something. Something her sister Mallory had said.“Want to guess? I'll tell you wjether youre right or wrong,”
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:27 am

"Red was never the best colour for a 50-50 guess," the red berries were way too similar and confusing for Skye so he always avoided those. "I'd take the guess that they're edible but probably taste horrible." But he'd never eat any berries out there unless he was 200% sure.
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 am

“Half right,”Megan shrugged. “Remember the Rosailyn kid last year? She died from eating these berries and others suffer from a severe bellyache. Wonder how Rosailyn died,”
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:40 am

"oh.. I always thought she died like the others as well. Red berries are just plain annoying," Skye half smiled and sighed looking at the array of res berries. Definitely avoiding the red berries. "So which half am I right? The edible half or the horrible tasting half?" He joked but was seriously curious.
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:43 am

“Horribly tasting and deadly part,”Megan answer as she carefully aranged some of the baerries back together. “Is is lunchtime yet?I'm so hungry,” she asked, laughter in her green eyes, which were in ages, comepletely clear of flashbacks and mourning.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 am

"Sure, I think we could get an early lunch. As long as there aren't any berries," Skye said in disgust, taking a quick check if the amount of iodine drops for water purification was the sane as what he learnt in the past. "Shall we head for lunch?" Skye asked after a quick consultation with the trainer to clear his doubts about the water purification.
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:27 am

“Actually, I think it's time,”Megan said as she heard a loud notice and the tribute who were stopping from training.
“Let's go for some lunch,”
(you make it!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will i die if I eat this?   Will i die if I eat this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will i die if I eat this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 28th Hunger Games :: Reapings and The Capitol-
Jump to: