The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dark Wood

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Light

Light

Male Posts : 442
Birthday : 1997-08-08

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Dark Wood Left_bar_bleue150/150The Dark Wood Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Drew Walker
Alliance::

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:20 pm

The Dark Wood Tumblr_m2f9fv57vO1ql0fyxo1_500

I moved quietly through the forest, my chest bare and glistening in the evening heat. I had grime stuck in the edges of my muscular stomach, and the tendons on in my arms. I was crouched low, feet twisted sideways, breathing in the forest pine. My cherry wood bow was a full 6meters with horse hair string. I smiled and pulled back the 120 pounds for a lest. The muscles in all of my body contracted holding tight, I glanced around looking for anything to kill. A deer moved around just off to my right, I raised my bow, poised ready to strike. Then she was there. Just there.
Back to top Go down
http://idiosynkratick.tumblr.com/
Wyoming

Wyoming

Male Posts : 197
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Dark Wood Left_bar_bleue301/301The Dark Wood Empty_bar_bleue  (301/301)
Character Name:: Lyre Kovak
Alliance:: None

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Another day meant another chance to hunt, to score another kill, which meant food for the day. the solitude of the wilderness was Isi's favorite part of it, given District 12's small population and the vastness of the untamed forest.

crouching behind a tree, she saw her prey out of the corner of her eye. she pulled out a tomahawk, crudely made out of little more than a sharp rock tied to a stick, but a working weapon nonetheless. she prepared to throw it, but as she analyzed her surroundings, noticed that there was a large shrub that obscured most of her view. she could probably throw right through it, but didn't want to take that chance. she jumped up and changed her position, noting the location of the deer, and quietly shifting through the growth, her bare feet making almost no sound against the forest floor.

suddenly, she found that she was only a few yards away from a larger boy with his bow pointed at her--well, not directly at her, but in her direction. obviously it was slightly unnerving, even if Sacagawea knew that he was probably aiming for the deer. it was rare that she ran into other hunters, and usually the situations ended without incident. if not though, her dad had taught her how to fight. besides, there were more dangers out here than just other people--they weren't usually the problem.

nonetheless, Isi habitually threw her hands in the air, though she held on to the tomahawk she had in her one hand, and the real hatchet that was in her other. she wasn't a very imposing figure; just a shorter girl in a baggy shirt and scruffy cargo pants, her messy hair covering part of her face, and her feet bare. she opened her mouth as if to say something, but instead just left it hanging, not really knowing what to say to the boy. communication was not her strong suit.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name::

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:56 pm

A mockingjay was heard whistling, and suddenly a Hovercraft materialized nearby, the two citizens would have to find a place to hide, being outside District limits as well as in possession of weapons.
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:03 pm

A smile crept onto my face as she shot her hands up automatically, Her mouth hung open like it was at a loss for words. I released the arrow half a second later, the air flying at high speeds. It passed just between the splayed fingers sliding on the curve. It sailed past, just as the snap of the string reached the ears of the waiting doe. Sticking it's head up, the tip of the arrow punctured the eyeball, and went straight into the brain. I slung the bow over my shoulder pulled my hunting knife. It was solid piece of steel with a 9 inch blade, completely made of silver. "Hey, Sorry for the silence, couldn't let it get away. You want some? I got plenty of it." I said a smile creeping up and and hand stretched out in friendship. suddenly a hover craft appeared, and the next thing I knew I had tackled the girl to the ground, and pulled a section of the moss around the both of us. It looked liked a large moss covered rock from the air.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Isi smiled slightly after hearing his remarks. "ja." she replied, "than..."
but before she could finish, he had tackled her to the ground.
"WH--" she began before she heard it very clearly. a hovercraft.

instinctively, she shut right the heck up, hardly even breathing, let alone moving. her ears remained perked, and her mind was racing.
"but would they really kill us?" she thought to herself, "or wouldn't they rather ship us off to The Hunger Games where some tribute with a sponsor could just brutalize us? time will tell, I guess..."

she was still hardly breathing, not moving at all, listening keenly for the sound above them. she had dropped her homemade tomahawk on being tackled, but had subtly stuck her hatchet inside her clothes. that had been her only movement, and now she was basically playing dead.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name::

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 pm

The hovercraft remained for a moment, before speeding off, disappearing as it went, into thin air.
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:18 am

I flipped the moss off of the two of us, and stood up giving my hand down to the girl. I stood there with the mud all over my skin, causing me to look like a fool. A smile crept over my face and I let out a bark of laughter, looking skywards. I had cheated Death, or worse, and I felt like superman.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Isi slowly pulled herself off the ground, and took his hand to get back onto her feet. that had been a close one. she shuddered for a moment, to shake a few dirt particles off.... just the bigger ones. the smaller ones could join their fellows on her face and clothes. she wasn't exactly a clean girl.

"I think I just finished staring death in the face..." she ruminated, "death or whatever sort of other hellish brutality The Capitol and the 'Peace'keepers could come up with... that's such a blatantly ironic name. eh. anyways... back to the issue at hand, I suppose..."

she glanced back over at the boy who was now laughing. she smiled sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 pm

"So Like I was saying, What, if any, would you want to get out of this fine deer here?" I said gesturing towards the carcass under the tree. I pulled my hunting knife out of my belt and bent down, my back gleaming in the orange light, my chest still heaving from my fright. I slowly cut open the stomach to start the process of cleaning. My shorts brushed against my knees and I jumped a little, still in the whole scare you to death thing. I thought a zombie apocalypse would be easier to live in than the capitol's Arena.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:32 pm

for a moment Sacagawea was silent. she wanted a good amount of it as well, especially because she was pretty strong; just very quiet.

"uh... how about 50-50?" she shrugged. charisma was not her strong suit, but she was also pretty stubborn. her breath was also quick from the near-death experience she had just had; her form was a myriad of colors in the moonlight, mostly greys from the light of the moon against the dark particles of dirt and such that covered her body.

"uh, what did you say your name was again?" she asked, not even sure the two had properly introduced.
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:52 pm

I smiled "Rook's the name, and stealing is the game." I said tossing her back a pouch of coins that I had untied from her waist. She seemed innocent enough to deserve the money. I smiled and pulled some rope out of my pack, stringing up the carcass, to make it easier to skin.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Isi muttered a few things under her breath, but nodded approvingly.
"he must've gotten 'em when he was on top of me... still... guess I need to be more careful... even with being out here in general. if that was how close I came to getting snagged by a hovercraft... I really need to stop up my game."

"well..." she looked down at her bare feet, "don't steal from me, please... I've barely anything worth stealing."
the contents of the little coin pouch were just a few brownish coins, with only two grey ones mixed in with them.
"My name's Sa... Isi." she replied. "call me Isi."
it wasn't that she disliked her first name, just that it was long and some people made fun of it, and Sacagawea wasn't the most confident girl in the field. Isi, her middle name, was much simpler and easier to remember anyways.

as he began stringing up the deer, she watched him, observing his movements and calculating things within her own mind...
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:49 pm

I smiled, "Nice to meet you Isi, There is a bag of apples and two turkeys over by the twisted tree. Take what you want, oh and I placed a few gold coins in your bag, for some shoes." I shrugged, and stretched my back muscles from the days exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Sacagawea chuckled sheepishly and looked down at her bare feet. she didn't mind not having shoes, though she might not mind some for a few places she might go.
"heh..." she blushed in the darkness, "thanks."

she approached the sack, taking a couple of apples and one of the turkeys.
"so, uh... how often do you come out into this area?" she asked curiously. she wondered what the odds of them crossing paths were.
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:50 pm

One week a month, I changed every Saturday each week, a new spot, a new place, a new killing ground. What about you? How many times do you come here?" I said smiling looking at her, knowing that I moved around a lot, wandering the same about people.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:03 pm

"I come to this area a few times a week." she replied, "it's a good spot."
she shook some of her messy curly hair out of her face, and brushed a bit of dirt off of her shirt again. "thanks again for all this, by the way." she repeated, her cheeks still a bit pink. this was a lot to generously give, or at least, it seemed that way to Isi given how poor she was, and her humility had her always remaining grateful for a good turn.
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:14 pm

"Ah no problem, It isn't that big of a deal, I steal from the peace keeper,s and the Victor's all the time. I actually got one of those turkey's off one of the Peace Keepers Errand boys. I left him a nice little message to show I knew what he was up to." I said thinking back to the boy in the dark alley, and new scar he'd have on his left shoulder. I could still see the cut of Bat symbol there, leaking blood. I smiled at the thought of the Keepers face. This was the third Keeper I've caught, and the second of his.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:44 am

Isi's eyes widened. "I... uh, I see."
"well... that's intriguing." she thought to herself.
"nothing wrong with pinching a few coins from someone who won't miss 'em though... but, uh... it was nice to meet you, Rook."
she shyly held out her hand, though didn't make eye contact. an introvert did not simply become an extravert, nor did a shy introvert suddenly become outgoing in the blink of an eye.
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 pm

I smiled and wiped the blood on the fur of the deer. "Here's your share, and nice to meet you too..." I said holding a empty potato sack, full of deer meat slabs. I stretched my back, and slung my bag over my shoulder, grabbing my arrow, and placing it in my calf quiver. I stood and wiped my hands together, and looked at the sky, The fence was sure to kick on here soon, since it was around curfew. "Well we might as well get back to the Hob, and get settled in before the Keepers get about checking."
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 1:29 am

Isi smiled, shouldering the sack. despite its weight, the small, scruffy girl seemed to lift it with no problem.
"sounds like a plan." she nodded, following him back, "last thing I want's to get spotted again."

"as if that first incident wasn't close enough... best not to get buzzed and get caught."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Wood   The Dark Wood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark Wood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 12 :: Houses-
Jump to: