The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

chasing pavements. (pip)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CatsAndThings

CatsAndThings

Female Posts : 47
Birthday : 2000-06-07

chasing pavements. (pip) Empty
PostSubject: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:54 pm

chasing pavements. (pip) Create.php?text=lanabelle%20edison&name=Riddle

chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_mbylqcxlhn1rtzlzf

With my heart pounding, my palms sweating, I walked. I had just gotten back from my job at the factories and hadn't quite recovered from the stuffiness of the sweatshop I worked in. It was easy to understand why they called them sweatshops, they were so hot and stuffy and crowded it was hard to breathe. So, here I was, in my few moments of free time, with nothing to do. The houses passed by me as I strolled. The sidewalk was cracked and dirty with noticeable blood stains from fights. My neighborhood wasn't the best but Cam and I knew how to handle ourselves. I twirled a piece of my hair between my index finger and my thumb. A breeze past, making a sound like a whisper. I sighed and sat on the sidewalk. My jeans would get dirty but I didn't care. I hugged my legs and let my hair fall down over my face. The afternoon sun shone into my eyes, forcing me to look down. Boredom washed over me. I had a half an hour of time to kill before my next shift. I sighed and readied myself for a long half an hour.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
chasing pavements. (pip) Left_bar_bleue135/150chasing pavements. (pip) Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Sebastian Sommers
chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_mbe5m4soIL1qbwpj1o4_250
chasing pavements. (pip) Sebast10

--------------------

Seb scratched his head. He stood inside his house, trying to dissect how this motor worked. Sebastian wasn't all that advanced, but he had fixed a few car motor's for the capitol in his life. His father had given the motor to him as a special assignment. But the usual parts that were broken seemed to be working fine, and Seb couldn't figure out why in the world it wasn't working. He'd have to take a day, sit down, and reverse-engineer it. He decided it was time for a break. Seb grabbed a glass of juice, and a towel and walked out onto the porch. He set the glass onto the railing and began to clean his grease-covered hands. When, Seb saw a girl sitting down on the sidewalk down the road a bit from his home.
"Hey," Seb called out, stepping down from the porch. "You alright down there?"

--------------------
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
CatsAndThings

CatsAndThings

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:20 pm

chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_mbylf25EAL1rtzlzf

I looked up and saw a boy. He called out to me. I almost smiled. Right as I had began readying myself for boredom something interesting had shown up. I stood up and looked over at the boy. He was standing on his porch, his long brown hair nearly covering his eyes. He had a mole on his left cheek and it looked like he had been working on something, most likely a car judging by the bit of grease left on his hands. "I'm okay." I answered him. I made my way to his porch. "Name's Bell. You?" I asked him. Now that I was closer to him I could see him clearer. He looked about my age, maybe younger. His eyes were a dark chocolatey brown. I tucked a bit of my hair behind my eyes. The wind began to whisper again as I awaited his name.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
chasing pavements. (pip) Left_bar_bleue135/150chasing pavements. (pip) Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Sebastian Sommers
chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_lux8ej5szM1qmd0fpo1_r3_250

--------------------

Seb watched as the girl walked up closer to his porch. She was around his age, probably a bit older, though. Her hair blew in the wind, as she stated her name, and replied that she was 'okay'.
"I'm Sebastian. But call me Seb," He replies, and then finishes wiping his hands off with the rag, and then lies it next to his glass of juice.
"You look hungry. Want to come inside? I could make you something to eat. Soup, pasta, or just a simple sandwich, if you want." He asked Bell. Seb occasionally cooked for people that he found on the streets. Not everyone could have the luxury of eating a meal every day. "Don't worry, I don't mind."

--------------------
Back to top Go down
CatsAndThings

CatsAndThings

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:25 pm

chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_mbyltwt8Rt1rtzlzf

The boy introduced himself as "Seb" and invited me inside for something to eat. I was about to decline, I didn't like other people going to a lot of trouble for me, but then he said he didn't mind. Besides, I really was a bit hungry. "Well, if you don't mind." I shrugged and walked up to his porch. I ran my fingers through my hair. The wind kept annoyingly pushing it into my eyes. I attempted tucking it behind my ears again but it barely did anything. I gave up and continued walking to where Seb was. "So, cars, huh?" I looked down at the bit of grease still on his hands. I had never been too good at starting conversations. But, maybe that was for the better, after all I never really liked talking to people.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Sebastian Sommers
chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_lux5ghh4tx1qkdjx4

--------------------

Seb opened the door and walked into his house. It seemed Bell had noticed his little 'project' going on. "Yea, I'm sort of a mechanic..." Seb sighs, scratching the back of his head. "It's an assignment from the capitol... and it's pretty complex, so..." He says, explaining what he was doing, and why there was a car motor in his living room. "Here, the dining room is down this way," Seb states, and then leads Bell down the hall, and into the dining room, where he found his younger sister, Kaitlyn.
"Seb?" Kaitlyn asks him. "Whose that?"

"This is Bell, she's eating lunch with us," Seb replies, and then looks to Bell. "Here, sit down. What do you want to eat?" He asks.

--------------------
Back to top Go down
CatsAndThings

CatsAndThings

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:24 pm

chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_mbyljy4OhV1rtzlzf

I nodded as he explained what he was working on. "I see." I said quietly. As I walked I looked around. His house was nicer than mine and Cam's but not insanely nice. It was cozy instead of cramped and it was old instead of ancient. I followed Seb into the dining room where there was a little girl who bore almost the spitting image of Seb. I knew right away that it was his sister. She asked about me and I looked away from her, realizing I was staring. Seb introduced me and I gave a small nod. I looked back at Seb as he asked me what I wanted to eat. "I'm not picky. Anything's good." I responded. Then I turned to who I assumed was his sister. "And who might you be?" I asked her. I sat down on one of the chairs around the table. I felt awkward but I was used to my awkwardness. It was a part of me and I couldn't change that.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Sebastian Sommers
chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_lt181eOY0I1qmd0fpo5_250

--------------------

Seb smiles wen Bell explains that she's not picky, unlike his sister who barely ate anything, and when she did like it, there was always several things in the meal she didn't like and had to pick it out. "Pasta it is, then." Seb says, going into the kitchen. Pasta was one of his favorite things to make. Simple, but with the right ingredients, delicious.
"I'm Kaitlyn," Seb's little sister replies to Bell. "I'm ten." she gives her age, and then goes back to coloring her paper. Kaitlyn glances back up at Bell, and then hands her a piece of blank paper, and a box of old crayons. "You want to color too while we wait for lunch?" She smiles.

--------------------
Back to top Go down
CatsAndThings

CatsAndThings

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:18 pm

chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_mbylsc2su31rtzlzf

I nodded as Seb declared that he was going to make pasta. "Sounds good." I said. Seb's sister introduced herself as Kaitlyn and then gave her age, which was 10. She was coloring with a box of crayons and a sheet of paper. Then suddenly Kaitlyn pushes her crayons toward me, along with a blank piece of paper. This startled me because growing up I didn't usually have the luxury of crayons or even the time to use them. I couldn't remember coloring when I was younger, but maybe that was because I possessed little artistic talent or creativity and had always been a logical child and coloring things just didn't seem to have a point. But, Kaitlyn was very cute and looked so happy it would've been a crime to say no. I nodded and even smiled back, which was a rare thing for me. But, there was something about Kaitlyn that reminded me of Cam, who I had a soft spot for, so smiling back had seemed like the right thing to do. I took a yellow crayon and began making a sun in the upper righthand corner of the page. It could've belonged to a 5 year old but like I said before I had little artistic talent. I continued in my drawing by picking up a green crayon and coloring the grass. Then did a stick figure drawing of Kaitlyn and wrote her name in fancy letters across the top. I pushed the sheet of paper over to Kaitlyn. "So, what do you think?" I asked her.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Sebastian Sommers
chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_logu5mlKK81qmd0fpo1_500

--------------------

Kaitlyn smiles as Bell takes the paper and begins to color. She takes the silver crayon and continues to color in the paper. She planned on drawing a picture of the Capitol, the place she had thought was so beautiful, and full of strange people. After a few minutes, Bell pushes her paper in front of Kaitlyn, and she looks at her name, written in fancy letters, and then sun in the corner.
"Is that supposed to be me?" She asks Bell.
Meanwhile, Seb places logs inside the old wood stove, and begins to boil water in an old, beat-up pot. He gets out the jar of pasta, and dumps it into the pot. In another pot, he begins making the sauce, adding in tomato's from his mother's garden, a few basil leaves, and other spices.

--------------------
Back to top Go down
CatsAndThings

CatsAndThings

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:02 pm

chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_mbylp1uFsp1rtzlzf

I watched as Kaitlyn picked up a silver crayon and began coloring her own picture. Kaitlyn looked at my picture and asked if the stick figure was supposed to be her. I laughed at the sheer honesty of a child and nodded. "Yes. Here, I'll make it look more like you." I said to her. I picked up a red crayon and drew a triangle dress on the stick figure. Then I took the brown and gave her two lines that curved up at the end for hair. I picked up the same red from before and added a bow in the brown hair of the stick figure. "Is that better?" I asked her. I gathered my hair and moved it all over to one side of my neck. I looked over to where Seb was making the pasta. The bubbling sound of boiling water reached my ears and quieted down with a "shhhh" sound as he dumped the pasta in. Before long, I could smell the tomatoes and basil leaves of the sauce. It made my stomach yearn and growl.

Last edited by CatsAndThings on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Sebastian Sommers
chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_lt181eOY0I1qmd0fpo1_250

--------------------

Kaitlyn looks up to Bell, who had added brown hair and a red bow onto the stick-figure. She smiles, and then puts her head down as she colors in the picture. She adds a big silver-clothing store, and then adds a stick-figure outside. She dresses it in blond hair, and adds blue eyes.
"What's your favorite color?" Kaitlyn asks her, drawing the outline of a dress.
Seb stirs the pasta with a wooden spoon, and then gets out some beef from the night before, and crumbles it into the sauce. He'd give the rest to his dad for lunch afterwords.
"Mmm!" Kaitlyn says. "Lunch is smelling pretty good, Seb." She smiles.

--------------------
Back to top Go down
CatsAndThings

CatsAndThings

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:41 pm

chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_mbylgaoQYK1rtzlzf

Kaitlyn gave me a smile for an answer which I took as a yes. She drew a big silver building and a stick figure. I frowned. "What's that?" I asked. Then Kaitlyn asked me what my favorite color was and my frown went away. "Good question. Hmm. I know what colors that aren't my favorite. I don't like those neon colors from the Capitol. They look fake. However, the purple-black color of the night sky is beautiful. I also like the pale green color of freshly trimmed grass covered in dewdrops." I said and I smiled at my own fantasy. I looked off into the distance and pictured what I had just described and smiled again. The smell of the pasta intensified and Kaitlyn noticed it too. She called in a compliment to Seb and I nodded. "Yeah, kid's right it smell's like heaven!" I called out to him. It was true. The light smell of the noodles paired nicely with the smell of cooking tomatoes and basil along with the smell of fresh air from an open window. I made an "mmmm" sound and closed my eyes. I smiled at Kaitlyn as I opened m eyes. There was something about little kids that made me happy. But, as always, my smile quickly faded into a light frown. I twirled a bit of hair as I had before when I first met Seb.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:52 am

Sebastian Sommers
chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_lxpa5navlr1qk3nh2o1_500

--------------------

Kaitlyn quickly flips the paper over when Bell says she doesn't like the people of the capitol. She had always thought the capitol was a beautiful place, full of beautiful people wearing beautiful clothes. The only downfall she could see was President Snow. Instead, she begins to color in the dark purple night sky, like Bell had described. She took a dark-green crayon, and began to make the grass under the night sky.
Seb dumped the pasta into a collender over the iron sink, and then divided it up into four plates: one for him, Kaitlyn, Bell, and then another for his father. He took a wooden spoon, and poured some of the sauce on top.

"Alright, everyone! Lunch is ready!" Seb says, bringing two of the four plates in for Kaitlyn and Bell.

--------------------

((Haha, I made him make pasta just to use this GIF))
Back to top Go down
CatsAndThings

CatsAndThings

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:03 pm

chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_mbylr6qKZz1rtzlzf

Kaitlyn suddenly began drawing a brand new drawing. After a bit I realized it was what I had just been describing to her. I could see the purple black sky and the green grass in her picture. Then Seb walked in with the steaming hot pasta and the smell was overwhelming. I adjusted myself so that I was facing into the table and awaited my plate of pasta. I grinned at Seb as he brought the pasta. My stomach growled at the smell of fresh food. I wet my lips, excited for a taste of the pasta. I hadn't eaten since the broth I had this morning. I tucked some hair behind my ear and turned my head to Kaitlyn and her drawing. "What were you drawing before that?" I asked again since she had obviously avoided my question the first time. All I had seen of her earlier drawing had been a silver building and a stick figure so I was unsure of what it had been and why Kaitlyn had started over so suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Sebastian Sommers
chasing pavements. (pip) Tumblr_ly51thX2zT1qkdjx4

--------------------

Kaitlyn shakes her head. She didn't want Bell to know she was drawing a picture of her in one of the pretty capitol dresses. "it's nothing. Something I'll finish drawing later." She looks back down at the paper, and begins to draw Bell, looking up at her occasionally. It's not a professional picture, and without knowing it was supposed to be Bell, one would have a hard time seeing it was her. Seb comes in, and places down a plate in front of Kaitlyn and another in front of Bell.
"Looks like you two were drawing," He says, smiling. Seb goes back into the kitchen and then comes back with a plate of his own. He hands everyone forks and says "Dig in!" Seb begins eating the pasta, and then looks up to Bell. "Is it good?"

--------------------
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chasing pavements. (pip)   chasing pavements. (pip) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

chasing pavements. (pip)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 6-
Jump to: