The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The End Of A Battle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The End Of A Battle Left_bar_bleue150/150The End Of A Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

The End Of A Battle Empty
PostSubject: The End Of A Battle   The End Of A Battle Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 am

Grace Thornton- I try to protect my sister,
But I am powerless against the reaping.

So the games are over. After 74 days, the victor is chosen. Even though I am happy that the games are over, the next ones won't be far away. April 19th is the reaping. It is Melody's first reaping. I am scared for her. Just as I imagine the worst happening on the day, Melody asks if I am alright. I must have started crying and shaking. That is what I normally do when I have a nightmare.
"Yeah, Melody. I am fine, just worried." She questions my worries. I tell her that it was because of her. I don't want her in the games, even if it means volunteering for her. For the first time since my first reaping, she starts crying. This brings me back to my memories.
It was 4 years ago. I was preparing to go to the reaping for the first time. Melody was 8 so she didn't understand why the Capitol did this.
"Why do you have to go?" she said, crying. I had to tell her that it was a sacrifice all of the districts had to pay to pay back for what happened during the Dark Days. When we left to go to the Justice Building, she wasn't happy. When the girl tribute was chosen and it wasn't me, her face lit up. Mines didn't, I recognized her but I did have a sense of relief. Melody had become stronger every year, especially since she learnt at school what the Dark Days were. She still hates the idea, but it isn't as bad. Until today.
"Melody, what's wrong?" Dad asked. I explained to him that I was having a nightmare because of her age and the fact that she can be reaped now. He understood my pain.
"Also, Dad, if Melody gets reaped, I am volunteering for her. I may not be mentally strong, but I am physically stronger. I couldn't watch her fight." He was smiling when I said that.
"Well, lets hope it doesn't come to that but I salute your courage and your sacrifice." I also hope it doesn't come to that.
Back to top Go down

The End Of A Battle
Page 1 of 1