The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training in the backyard

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FireStarter

FireStarter

Female Posts : 576
Birthday : 1999-08-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Training in the backyard Left_bar_bleue5/150Training in the backyard Empty_bar_bleue  (5/150)
Character Name:: Jasper Kelt
Alliance:: None

Training in the backyard Empty
PostSubject: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:51 pm

I walked out of the house and place my towel and bottle of water on the table.Making my hair a tight ponytail,I walked toward the "gym" Carmen had installed for her son.There were a few training dummies for sword-fighting and archery,but my favorite were the punching bag and the weight-lifting bench.Which was really just a bench but the space wasn't enough for a real gym.Even though they owened one of the training centers,sometimes I prefered to train at home.And it worked everytime I was angry too,like now for example."Stupid Peter with his stupid stuff"I cursed and started attacking the punching back.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Training in the backyard Left_bar_bleue150/150Training in the backyard Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:04 am

Training in the backyard Tumblr_m94sbfI2qJ1rpwd9j
Training in the backyard Abelnamebanner
---District 1---Male---17---

Abel didn't even want to be inside watching the games as most people in District 1 had been doing faithfully since they started. He knew he could be in the arena, fighting and surviving better then almost everyone of the tributes that remained. And he almost had his chance to go in last year. He had been chosen, he stood up there on the stage next to the now gone Amy and was ready to take his spot as tribute when a volunteer raised his hand and took it from him. The boy named Cain who died quickly during the bloodbath. Funny though as there is an old story about two brothers named Abel and Cain, Cain jealous of his brother killed him and was punished for it. But in this situation, Cain was the one who was gone now and not Abel. Oh well. He just walked now along the sidewalk as he kept thinking about the past, his own future and of course the games. Something that he thought about even when he didn't want to. But Abel's own frustration was what brought him out to the marketplace and now on his way back home with a bagful of things and a large, shiny apple in his hand. Up and down it went as he quietly tossed it in the air and caught it in a quick fling of his wrists. But after the now 7th or 8th time he overshot the fruit and it flew over an unfamiliar fence. Abel just stood there, wondering if he should try to get it or if anyone would notice.

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Training in the backyard Left_bar_bleue5/150Training in the backyard Empty_bar_bleue  (5/150)

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:35 am

I had just stopped for a break and was heading to the table,where my bottle of water was,when something hit me on the back of my head.I turned to see it was an apple."Hey!"I shouted as I opened the door of the fence and walked outside,only to see a boy."Next time remember,people don't like apples hitting them on the head!"I said angrily and threw the fruit in a trash can.I glared again at the boy when a memory came into my mind.The last games,they choose a guy but someone had volunteered.What was his name...Ugh,who cares?I thought and glared at him one last time before walking back in the house.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Training in the backyard Left_bar_bleue150/150Training in the backyard Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Training in the backyard Tumblr_mdv94ufvNl1rl1ws4o1_500

Abel was about to knock on the fence when it suddenly swung open and a girl started yelling at him and then threw is just bought, shiny, red apple right into the trash. Now this apple was not just any apple, it was one he bought specifically for his sister Anika and now it sit in a trash filled can. Abel was frustrated, not only was it a nice a fresh apple but it had cost him a pretty penny. He just stared at the trash can for a moment then brought his gaze back to the girl and crossed his large arms over his chest. "Yea...because I was specifically aiming for you and everything," he said with a tinge of attitude in his voice. "Now I fully expect you are going to be paying me for my apple that you so nicely put into the trash." Abel then held out his hand waiting for something to be put into it as his face kept an ultra serious look on it and his eyebrow raised.

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:47 pm

I paused at my way in as he started talking.I turned to look at him and his streched arm and couldn't help but laugh."Well,I don't know about paying you,but I could help you join your precious apple"I said with a sickly sweet voice and a smile when I finally stopped laughing."Or you could just get it and clean it.If you know how to do so"I said sarcastically as my smile turned into a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Abel just held his hand out to her, even after she told him to clean it himself. After it had been in her trash with whatever disgusting stuff she threw away. No thanks. "So you expect my beautiful sister to eat out of your trash? I'm sorry but its not like we are some dirt poor slobs like those in District 12 or something." Abel the recrossed both of his arms and tilted his head slightly, his serious nature radiating off of him. "Unless you want to personally deliver that apple to her yourself and tell her why she has to eat out of your trash."

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:03 pm

My face turned pale when he started saying something about his sister.Oh.So it was a gift?Damn it..."Well,the trash can is empty.You could clear it and it'll be fine.Just wash it-maybe use some soap too.It's not that hard as you may think"I said and rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Training in the backyard Tumblr_mdv94ufvNl1rl1ws4o2_500

Abel noticed her face turn pale. She felt bad now because it wasn't his apple in the end. Good. She should, she threw away my perfectly good apple for no reason beyond her own inability to control her anger. He thought to himself in his own cocky way. Of course he didn't do anything wrong in this...no, no of course not. "Its not a matter of whether I can do it or not. I am pretty capable. Its just that it was in your dirty trash can that has been sitting outside for who knows how long. I don't know what kind of stuff has been in there. You want my sister to get sick? No I think the most viable option is you buy me a new one. Or you can clean it since this was your doing anyways." Abel just kept standing there, keeping an intimidating air about him. He hadn't been in too bad of a mood when he went out for his walk, but now he was a little irritable. She started it after all, so now she had to deal with bad mood Abel.

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:55 pm

I felt bad about tossing his apple,but the guy was starting to piss me off."We have an apple tree.If you want,you can get one.Both green and red apples.But,you know,it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't tossed it in my backyard"I told him,reminding him how this all had started.I went to the trash can and picked up the apple before walking back in the garden.I poured some water from my bottle on it and rubbed it with some soap Carmen always had on the table for guests before,until it was again shinny and perfect."Well?"I said since he was still standing outside."Are you going to stay there or come and get your apple?"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:57 am

Training in the backyard Tumblr_m73znrtbsm1r8wvvh

Abel didn't even speak back to her, he didn't feel like talking anymore. He had already done far more talking then he really wanted to anyways. But he stepped into the backyard as he went to grab his tainted apple. All that was now done was it was covered in soap. Old trash and soap, fantastic and delicious. But he had gotten fed up at this point. He tossed it right back into the garbage and moved to the tree, grabbing the largest red apple that he could reach at. But he still kept quiet, only turning his head to nod solemnly towards her as he moved towards the fence. "Yea...like I said, I wasn't aiming for you. If I was you wouldn't be conscious at this point." He didn't even face her as he spoke towards her, just saying it out loud instead.

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 3:07 am

I laughed at that and shook my head,placing the clean apple on the table before following him outside."I'm not as weak as you may think"I said and smirked.I leaned back on the fence and crossed my arms,looking at him skeptically.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 3:24 am

Abel just looked over to her, knowing full well how this girl was. She was like Anika, always trying to make sure people knew she wasn't just a pretty face or some weak girl. But Abel's strength was almost unmatched....at least when it came to those who regularly showed up to the training center. "Well, I've taken down guys double your weight no problem. Believe me when I say I could take you down.' He continued walking towards the exit his arms crossed over her chest, not really looking towards her at all.

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 3:39 am

I rolled my eyes at him."Carmen owns one of the training centers.And we have one installed in our backyard.I spent most of my day training.Besides,it's not about weight.Even though you can always use that against someone."I added thoughtfully."Your name is Abel,right?"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Abel just nodded in agreement as she asked him his name. Most people knew it now, the boy who lost his spot. His father definitely made a scene about it after it happened, he had paid good money for all that training. But if a volunteer steps up then it is their spot, the rules weren't always fair when it came to being in a career district. "Yea, that's my name. And yours?"

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:09 pm

"My name is Bella,I thiink.You go to my adopted father's training center,I've seen you there many times."I murmured and gave him my hand in case he wanted us to shake hands.Carmen always got on my nerves about me not being polite."It was....interesting to meet you"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Abel just shrugged, "I guess. I just go where my father tells me to go. He may know who owns it but I don't care enough to." He noticed her hand come out for him to shake and he gave her a firm hand shake. His mother always told him to be polite in the end. "I guess you could say that. Sorry, I just wasn't in the best of moods earlier. No fun in the games makes me think."

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:02 pm

I nodded and sighed."Sorry about how I acted,I just was mad and training could do nothing about it and you gave me a reason to yell at you.I didn't mean to.Also,I'm sorry about your apple,if I knew it was a gift I wouldn't have thrown it.So..."I mumbled and waited,not knowing what to say anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:28 am

Training in the backyard Tumblr_m4wn964cj51rpwd9j

Abel just nodded. "Yea, you should be sorry. And you should learn how to control your emotions more. An angry tribute is a dead tribute. Never know when you are going to need something from someone." Abel was just quietly said almost mumbling in a way. Abel wasn't the talkative type usually so he just let the silence hang there around them, not sure what to say next.

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:59 am

"Right"I murmured.I didn't like silence that much but it seemed fitting right now.Besides,I had nothing more to say.I glanced at Abel before looking back inside the backyard."Well..Would you like to come in?We still have an hour until dinner.We could...um,go for a walk instead.If you don't have anything else to do,of course"I suggested and bit my bottom lip."You know what;forget it.I mean,you have to take the apple back to your sister.And I must finish my training...And clean up my room,yeah.So...Um,see you around,I guess?"I said quickly and my eyes flew to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 12:42 am

Training in the backyard Tumblr_m4v6dscHTo1rpwd9j

Abel just listened to Bella as she spoke and nodded which was a specialty of his after all. She just rambled a bit, but mainly inviting him inside or to go for a walk before she had to eat. It came as a bit of a surprise for him to receive an invitation for just himself. He was used to being invited to places with his sister Anika. She was always the more sociable of the duo and was always being invited places; Abel was usually the afterthought when it came to situations like this. So it caught him just a little off guard when she asked, really not sure what to even make of it. Then she mentioned the apple, a thought that he had not even had occur in his mind when she started talking to him now. "Oh, right Anika. It was more of a surprise, not something she is expecting." Abel just shrugged in agreement to her statement. If she wanted to go out and walk or just hang out in her backyard he had no problems with that, though he wasn't sure how good of company he would be. These were the situations Anika was best in, where she would take the lead. He would usually just nod and talk when someone talked to him. "If you want to we can, I have nothing going on. Where to?" He decided to let her lead the way. He wasn't usually one to take to much charge in social situations.

Last edited by Ari on Mon May 20, 2013 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:39 am

I looked up at him surprised."Really?"I asked,making sure he wasn't joking."I mean,yea,sure!And I know exactly the place.Come on!"I said and started walking.Suddenly I paused and turned around to look at him."You know what?Thank you for throwing that apple in my backyard.All I needed right now was a friend and not someone that always thought about what's in his pants,if you know what I mean.And you just gave me a chance to meet him.Thanks a lot"
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 6:17 am

Training in the backyard Tumblr_inline_mf7m98lhWV1rq71ks

Abel just nodded in agreement and started walking as he followed Bella to the place she said she wanted to go. Following a lead was one of Abel's specialties. As they moved forwards she suddenly turned and stopped, telling him that she was happy to have someone she could consider a friend. A friend, huh? "Uhh...yea. You're welcome. Now lead on." He said as he motioned for her to go in front of him and lead the way.

Back to top Go down
FireStarter

FireStarter

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 6:33 am

I chuckled."No talent with words huh?Neither do I.Come on,let's ran"I said and tugged his hand,pulling him behind me as I ran to the train station."I promise it'll be fun!"I shouted and laughed as I disappeared behind a corner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training in the backyard   Training in the backyard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training in the backyard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 1-
Jump to: