The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Like good old times [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maybeth
The Avatar
Maybeth

Female Posts : 215
Birthday : 1999-09-30

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Like good old times [open] Left_bar_bleue150/150Like good old times [open] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Samantha Woods
Alliance::

Like good old times [open] Empty
PostSubject: Like good old times [open]   Like good old times [open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:14 am

I wanted to practice in the melee station since we came here! I remembered how my dad trained me and learned me every single thing I know. I saw the knives laying on a bench. All kinds, shapes, sizes... I picked one up and without looking threw it straight on the dummy's eye. I was still great in knife throwing. I looked around me, scared that I might be watched. Other tributes were around but none seemed to notice me. That was good. I didn't wanted others to know what I was good at. A trainer walked towards me and filled my mind with information about each weapon. Once his course was complited we would start practical course.

- Equally effective as backup weapons and main weapons, melee items can be divided into three groups: Blades, Knives and Blunts. Let's take a look at the differences. He said calmly. Knives, blades, and other sword-like weapons are typically characterized by their very high critical chance.  Knives are known for having a faster attack speed than other melee weapons, but they have a shorter reach. Those who wish to fight effectively with knives must have fast reflexes.

I glanced at him for a moment and saw other tributes coming close to hear.

-Longer blades, like the Machete, Sabre, Katana or Nodachi have a slow attack speed, but a longer reach and higher damage than knives. Using these weapons is physically easier and less stressful for some tributes.

He continued on talking about basic combat and then we practised on our own.
I picked a long blade knife and threw it pretending to be awkward. It hit the dummy's leg but it seemed begginer's throw. I smirked glad that I could handle this so good.

I practised along knife throwing for a while when everyone had left until I was sure I was ready to kill from a very long distance instantly. I tested my self on spears of every size and kind. I wasn't that bad but I ensured it wasn't a good idea to go to the Ranged station as I wasn't good at all with aiming using any other weapon except knife.

I was practising for 3 hours with knifes, long blade swords and hard or simple combat battle. I won my trainer twice in battle and I was sweaty and tired in the end. I looked around for no one in particular wondering if I had any chance on making allies.

Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Like good old times [open] Left_bar_bleue1/1Like good old times [open] Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Like good old times [open]   Like good old times [open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:31 pm

I hang back at the edge of the training center for a bit, not quite sure what station to go to. There's almost nothing here I've had practice with, so there's an unlimited number of choices. Finally, I make a decision, heading over to the Melee station. An instructor helps me pick out a weapon well suited to me, a medium-length light-weight blade that I can't remember the name of. He shows me some techniques I can use before leaving me to my own devices.
As I pause to take a break, I look at my work on a dummy, satisfied, though in no way is the work clean. I scan the rest of the station, observing the tactics of other tributes, and try to figure out a way to make them work for me. When I pull away from my target this time, it's taken less time to dispatch it, and there isn't much of a mess left over.
Finished now, I put away the weapon, making note of its appearance in case I spot it in the arena. Now, I turn back to the training area and see if I can make note of the actual tributes. Instantly, I see a girl who's obviously been training hard, and I know she isn't from a career district. She's looking around, though I don't know what for. She looks strong, like she could be a good ally to have, so I give a little friendly wave as her gaze sweeps past me, hoping she's looking for allies as well.
Back to top Go down
Maybeth
The Avatar
Maybeth

Female Posts : 215
Birthday : 1999-09-30

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Like good old times [open] Left_bar_bleue150/150Like good old times [open] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Samantha Woods
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Like good old times [open]   Like good old times [open] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:50 am

OCC: Meet Kira in "Alliances and food" topic in the lunch room.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Like good old times [open]   Like good old times [open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Like good old times [open]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 34th Hunger Games :: Reapings and the Capitol-
Jump to: