The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Searching through the rubble

Go down 
+2
Loki
Phoenix
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Searching through the rubble  Left_bar_bleue10/150Searching through the rubble  Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

Searching through the rubble  Empty
PostSubject: Temple delving with a possibility of certain death? Why not?   Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Searching through the rubble  Tumblr_lk2cg45rZ81qa52yno1_500

Jared Richards

Jared had stopped running after a while. He walked around slowly, looking over his shoulder every now and again to check for pursuers. To his surprise, there were none...yet. He would have to watch out for those careers. He wasn't lying when he said they looked dangerous. He began to watch the skies for a parcel from sponsors and sighed when he saw that none seemed to be coming. He was hoping for some throwing knives...he could use some to stab or throw. Either way, it was his specialty. As long as he would be equipped, he would be fine. Eventually, he saw a building in the distance. He got curious and decided to walk towards it to see what it was...and naturally, it was a temple. Knowing the Capitol it would be filled with traps...probably some that would instantly kill him, but that didn't concern him at the moment. He just gulped and stood by it, hoping to see something else...like a parachute. He looked back at the entrance to the temple and muttered, "Capitol loves to make it interesting, don't they?" He smiled and turned to look for anything or anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:57 pm

I continue running through the sand of the arena. I see some sort of broken agricultural temple type thing. It would provide some shelter or some supplies, right? I just hope that Preston gets here fast. Is he still alive? Is he okay? These questions flutter through my mind as I sit in a shady corner in the temple. Preston has to know where I am, right? I shake my head out of the thought. I decide to organize my supplies. Quietly dumping my stuff in a corner, I silently sigh. How long could I be trapped in here? What if it could be months with me in here for the Capital's amusement? I find a stray piece of a large cloth a few meters away from me.

Putting the apples and water into my cloth, I leave the rope beside me as I make some twists and turns to the cloth, making a small pouch that cradles some of my survival items. I tie the pouch closed, and around my belt securely. I pick up a stick next to me. Thinking quickly, I start sharpening the end of the twig. It could be all I have that's the closest to an arrow. I notch the stick onto my bowstring, ready to defend myself from any intruders or even worse as I lean my head back onto a wall of the temple.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Searching through the rubble  Left_bar_bleue150/150Searching through the rubble  Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:14 am

Jared and Summer spot each other on either side of the ruins.

(Topics merged, only one active topic per area)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:17 pm

I tense up as I spot Jared about 20 meters away from me. My eyes widen, my muscles go stiff. I silently stand up, and sprint out of the ruins. Even though Preston and I tried to get Jared with us and a few other Tributes, well, I just can't say that I trust Jared. I start to look for Jennifer or Preston now. They're really the only two I sort of trust right now. I shake my head as I sprint even faster, not even close to being tired yet. I grip my bow firmer than before. I set myself down in a small, dead bush, barely making noise. I spot a few feathers, some twigs, and more sharp looking rocks  a small distance away from me. Having an idea, I pull out still long excess rope from my pouch.

I make small sectors of the rope into piles. After I have 5 pieces of rope, I put the medium-sized rope back in my pouch. One by one, I take a piece of rope and tie the rocks and feathers to the twigs tightly in such a way that I now have 5 possibly professional arrows in my supply. I grin as I tuck the arrows into my pouch for easy access. I load one into my bow as I know I've outsmarted whoever took all of the arrows at the Cornucopia. I stand up, no longer seeing the temple ruins anymore. I keep the arrow notched as I quickly jog closer to the faint smell of fresh water.
(Summer Green has now left)
Summer's Arrows xD:

OOC: If Summer can't be able to smell any fresh water I'll edit it out. Just let me know Razz
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Searching through the rubble  Left_bar_bleue10/150Searching through the rubble  Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Jared was about to raise his hands to show he meant no harm, but then he saw her run away. He began to run after her, but then sighed and just waved her off as he began to go back to the ruins, jogging backwards at first and then turning and going back to the temple. She was going to come back with others, he knew it...he would have to hope the Gamemakers were less deadly. He looked back up at the temple and then entered, muttering, "Give the people what they want..."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Searching through the rubble  Left_bar_bleue150/150Searching through the rubble  Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Jared kept the female tribute in his sights as he chased after her
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Male Posts : 45

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Searching through the rubble  Left_bar_bleue0/150Searching through the rubble  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Nathaniel Dabrowski
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Nathaniel Dabrowski

Searching through the rubble  CMP-in-Superbad-christopher-mintz-plasse-6882914-853-480

Nate was starting to run out of steam. He had been running for far too long now and needed to catch his breath. He holstered his sword in his belt and put his hands on his knees taking in deep breaths until he felt stable again. Nate glanced up and noticed something in the distance. He wiped his glasses and looked again. A building! Some sort of temple. He took a step toward it and paused. How many people could the building hide? Perhaps they would even be some of the more deadly of the group.

Just then Nate spotted the boy from District 11 walking into the temple. Jared..... Nate pulled the name from memory. shifting his look from left to right, Nate began to slowly head towards the temple, watching Jared the entire time. He took to hiding behind a fallen pillar for a moment. "Well, I either enter or stand out here dying of heat and sand," Nate muttered to himself. Carefully he drew his sword and trailed Jared in the same entrance.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Jared realized that Summer was still in sight but...he didn't think she would be worth the chase. He hoped he wasn't wrong. Jared also noticed the other person enter, but wasn't able to tell who it was. He had been stalking for years. It would take a lot of practice to get by him without noticing. He pretended to not notice and kept walking, very slowly. He kept an eye out for tripwires, holes in the wall, holes in the ground and anything else that could harm him. Eventually, he got tired of playing his little game and said aloud, "I am no fool...but I don't think you are either." He turned around, expecting the boy that was following him to have hidden. "So explain to me this. Why haven't you killed me yet? And if you intend to, I must say that it wouldn't do you much good...the girl will come looking for me if she finds her friends. Most likely to kill me." He smiled as he looked carefully over his shoulder, to make sure nothing was after him...like a mutt.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 11:23 pm

Jared failed to realize that Nathaniel was to his left, not directly behind him, as he had gotten all turned around. His shouts revealed his location.
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Searching through the rubble  Left_bar_bleue0/150Searching through the rubble  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 am

Nate, carefully staying just out of sight of Jared, suddenly heard him shouting out, possibly to scare him. He was frightened, but rushed towards the sounds. There was so much to take in: the rubble laying on the ground, the corners which could hide traps, the possible threat of another person besides Jared and himself. Drawing his sword from his belt Nate could see his target just up ahead. He was looking behind him, unaware of Nate's position. So little time to think. Nate begin to say a small motto in his head. "I am Nathaniel Dabrowski, age 18, District 6." He was taking pride in himself for the first time in a long time. Faster and faster he sprinted, getting closer and closer. Finally, without thinking, Nate made his choice and leapt over a fallen pillar at Jared, making a downward thrust at him with his sword as he descended.

Pale Sea Cow carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) :
Searching through the rubble  Arrow-19
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Jared suddenly heard the other boy say something, Nathaniel he said he was named. His head snapped in that direction and he saw him thrust his sword. Jared didn't know if he was going to be hit or not, but he went slightly to the side of the blade and attempted to grab the sword out of his hands. He still had a good chance of being hit, and he prepared himself for the worst as he said, "That doesn't answer my question. I thought that maybe we could be friends. So, what do you say?" That was when he tried to rip the sword out of Nathaniel's hands.

OOC: I'm gonna go ahead and use a Special Attack thing to do that and if it isn't allowed then...well, it's better than trying to punch his face Smile
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Birthday : 2011-03-05

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Searching through the rubble  Left_bar_bleue250000000000/250000000000Searching through the rubble  Empty_bar_bleue  (250000000000/250000000000)
Character Name:: Dicemaster

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 4:52 pm

The member 'PhoenixDHS' has done the following action : ROLL

'Specialty' :
Searching through the rubble  Specialtyweaponsuccess
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 6:20 pm

As Nathaniel's blade stabbed forwards, Jared sidestepped and wrenched the weapon out of his hands, the blade cut into Jared's arm as he pulled it away.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Searching through the rubble  Left_bar_bleue0/0Searching through the rubble  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Searching through the rubble  Tumblr_matfjlavvK1qbt5ygo1_500
Preston jogged through all different terrains to try to find someone to kill. The weapons of the Cornucopia were scarce, so he was hoping to find someone weaponless. As he limped, he noticed a temple, with two figures, who almost looked as if they were fighting each other. This was Preston's chance to murder or help murder. He started to walk faster and faster, which made the cuts in his stomach ache a bit. Preston was determined to kill one of them at least.

Preston gained image of the two people. One he recognized, Jared, and the other he didn't know. They were fighting each other. Preston weighed his odds. It looked like Jared was the one with the weapons, so he took Jared's side. He didn't waste any time deciding upon strategies or things like it. Preston just walked up to the two, and took his hand with his knife in front of Nathan's, who he didn't know his name, body and slashed the knife at him. Preston looked at Jared and gave him a weird smile. The games were so cruel to him, and it made him have a change of heart. Preston had started to help people since the beginning of the games, getting the same in return. And he was starting to get bloodthirsty, rather than never wanting to kill again. The vulnerability of a tribute was enough for Preston to kill somebody. He wanted out, and killing was the only way to do so. And this, was just his first test.

Preston attacked Nathaniel (BTW, Edited, -20 Leg Hit.. Forgot the gif.)

Last edited by Mr.Matt on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Searching through the rubble  Left_bar_bleue250000000000/250000000000Searching through the rubble  Empty_bar_bleue  (250000000000/250000000000)

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 6:48 pm

The member 'Mr.Matt' has done the following action : ROLL

'Attack(7)' :
Searching through the rubble  51805711
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 2:08 am

Before he knew it Nate's sword was gone. Jared had managed to grab it from him, but caused himself some damage in the process. The first draw of blood Nate had caused and it was practically an accident. How could he survive something this extreme? At the moment, it didn't matter. His adrenaline was going and there was no stopping it. All the years of having to be agile had finally paid off.

Nate was about to throw a punch (something that was rare for him) when suddenly another tribute showed up. Nate, stunned for a moment, slid on the ground, almost losing his footing. The tribute swung his sword at him and as quickly as he could Nate tried to roll on the ground and dodge the attack. As he was getting to his feet he noticed a piece of rubble lying next to him. In one quick movement he swooped it up and followed through, hoping to make contact with the skull of his attacker. Desperate to live, Nate watched as things appeared to slow down. While he arm was about to make contact with the new attacker his eyes moved around the room, looking for an escape.

Pale Sea Cow carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Searching through the rubble  Ineffective

Pale Sea Cow carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) :
Searching through the rubble  Arrow-12

Pale Sea Cow carried out 1 launched of one Escape :
Searching through the rubble  Failty
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Searching through the rubble  LOszHnk

Jared managed to get the sword out of his hands and he looked to it. He had wide eyes and his mouth started to curve into a smile. He raised his arms into the air and shouted, "Huzzah!" His eyes were still wide as he said it, and then his smile faded as he pointed with his left hand to the sword which was in his right hand and he kept talking saying, "See, this is why you make friends. And that." When he finished, he pointed to Preston. That was when he noticed Nathaniel going to throw something and he yelled, "And now, you will learn not to mess with an enemy's friend!" With that, he pulled Preston, hoping to get him out of harms way and went to attack Nathaniel with his sword.
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 5:26 pm

#1 'Block(Other)' :
Searching through the rubble  Blockedc

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack(Other)' :
Searching through the rubble  91553834
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 5:51 pm

The ground rumbled softly as the tributes fought, easily mistaken as just their own steps.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Searching through the rubble  Left_bar_bleue0/0Searching through the rubble  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Searching through the rubble  Tumblr_md1dubq1Wr1riv08no1_500

Preston felt accomplished as he landed a hit on Nathan. It was his first successful attack in the games. Preston looked around as Jared had pulled him over so Nathan's punch wouldn't have landed. Preston nodded. "Hold up, did you just call me that?"Preston asked, picking himself up. When he gained his footing, the ground rumbled. It's probably just the temple's age. Preston looked down at the ground, and didn't see much.

Preston looked at Nathan, gripping his knife. He was eager to land another hit on the boy. Preston grinned deviously.
"On guard!" Preston shouted, holding his knife like a fencer would his fence. Preston slashed with his knife towards Nathan."You know, I'm so sorry." Preston said, pausing for an emotional reaction. "That I'm not sorry!", Preston laughed at his sort of rude joke. Preston guessed he was the boy from six, because he's seen a familiar face around training. The boy had had a 6 on his uniform. Preston readied his knife and shield, waiting for the next move of his opponent.
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:03 pm

The member 'Mr.Matt' has done the following action : ROLL

'Attack(7)' :
Searching through the rubble  Missm
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 1:41 am

Nate fell to the floor, his hand clutching his stomach. He had been cut by his own blade. His shirt was quickly turning red. The pain was immense. His leg was sliced as well, making crawling more difficult. While on the ground he briefly checked under his shirt. The cut wasn't so deep that it would lead to death right away, but if he didn't treat it soon he could bleed out. With no med kit Nate began to question whether it was better to try and get away or just let his attackers finish him here and now.

He placed his head on the floor and turned it slightly to the right. There he saw a small opening. It was almost big enough for him to fit through if it wasn't for the few stones remaining in place. However, if he could pull the bottom stone it looked like the remaining stones would fall and he could slide in. Nate had no idea where it lead, but even if his attackers followed him they would just kill him then. The chance of escape was enough to warrant an attempt.

Nate grabbed a handful of sand debris from the floor and threw it in the air, hoping the dust would cause enough of a distraction. Then, with as much strength as he could manage, he pulled on the block, hoping to make it out alive.

Pale Sea Cow carried out 1 launched of one Escape :
Searching through the rubble  2turns
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:30 am

Jared's eyes were wide with excitement and battle lust. He was about to say some more witty things, but all that came out was a crazy battle cry a maniac would give. He rushed forward and stabbed at Nathaniel. Finally, he managed to say something, but he sounded psychotic. "You think you can get away from me?! Think again!" His tone of voice was cheery at first, but then it took on a demonic tone.
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:30 am

'Attack(Other)' :
Searching through the rubble  Armhit
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 8:26 am

The rumble got louder and shakier, the tributes began to take notice. Suddenly, a large rhino-like creature burst into view from behind some pillars, charging though, ramming into Preston and Jared, and carrying on
Loki carried out 2 launched of one MUTT :
Searching through the rubble  12849686 , Searching through the rubble  62270044
(Damage goes to both tributes)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching through the rubble    Searching through the rubble  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Searching through the rubble
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next