The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From shadows

Go down 
+3
Pale Sea Cow
Loki
Ariiyoko
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Maybeth
The Avatar
Maybeth

Female Posts : 215
Birthday : 1999-09-30

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
From shadows - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150From shadows - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name:: Samantha Woods
Alliance::

From shadows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:30 pm

I watched the small flower petal on my lap more carefully right now. I remembered it was a rare species that could be used in a bigger ammount in salads and sandwiches...I couldn't stop staring at it but I realised thinking of all those delicious meals made me even more hungry. I looked around searching for the plant were this flower came from.

The instinct to gather my food and protect myself came from the inside just like in a wild animal. I knew, I couldn't survive only with veggies, so I decided to search for anything eatable. I picked my sword and took some more leaves from the ones I had picked long ago to chew.

How long was it really? I couldn't understand the time in here. Was it a day, or a night? I wasn't sure. This wasn't a natural area so the time skip wasn't normal. To me it seemed ages ago, when I picked those leaves with Rin.
Thinking of her made me remember of her disappearance. Was she trully gone, or she just left me. "That tribute might have gotten a sponsorship" I told my self with hope. But say things happened this way, even if she was alive, she might not be willing to be my alliance anymore...

I decided I had to be prepared for any case while traveling in the arena though, so I choosed to try out my healing skills first and then go search for food. I examined my wounds carefully. They were deep scraches, but I wasn't luckily bleeding. I took of my mouth the chewed leaves hoping they and my spittle would make a good start for them to get healed. I tored a piece of cloth of my shirt and tied it around the wound with the leaves on it. I poured some hot water on it and waited for a while.
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Birthday : 2011-03-05

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
From shadows - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue250000000000/250000000000From shadows - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (250000000000/250000000000)
Character Name:: Dicemaster
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:30 pm

The member 'Maybeth' has done the following action : ROLL

'Heal(Other)' :
From shadows - Page 2 Heal3_zps30582004
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
From shadows - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150From shadows - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:02 pm

(Can't heal using leaves)

The flower began to look more and more appealing to the tribute
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:20 am

From shadows - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mh7skkJI3j1qz4rgp
From shadows - Page 2 Anima_11
---District 9---Female---16---

Anima just giggled after the boy spoke. So naive he was it was almost amusing but so strange. Though maybe it was just her messed up way of viewing the world that was the strange thing. Was this how all the tributes who had allies felt? Was it really worth it to feel so naive and to not know the feeling of betrayal that came with fighting a friend. Anima knew what it was like to have her trust betrayed, to have someone she was meant to trust wholeheartedly turn on her. She saw the darkness in the world, and she knew the pain of the darkness that she was forced to be apart of. "Where are your friends now? Where are those willing to die for you now? What about those life saving sponsors? The only person in life you can count on is yourself." As she spoke she lifted the shield to try and block the sword coming towards her and after she let a small smile crack onto her face as well as an innocent giggle escape her lips. Although it wasn't what she would have gone for in the first place had she really tried going into the bloodbath, she was lucky that Cyrus ended up grabbing and bringing this as a peace offering to her. At first she cursed her luck for picking it up, but it had proven to be far more useful then she had originally intended. Especially since she couldn't seem to get her hands on the weapon she actually did want. Well maybe once this kid was dead she would be in the possession of a sword and have something sharp to work with to cut into the skin of her competitors. Before Anima could go for an attack though she could hear the snaps from behind her. Her eyes raised and looked to her side as she quickly rolled to the side, but not before getting hit with the now falling tree. This fight must not be moving quick enough for the gamemakers and the audience if they had to throw nature at them. She pushed herself off and shrugged it off but knew she would have a few bumps and bruises and maybe even a few scratches from her run in with a tree. She lifted her shield up again though, bringing herself up before her competitor had a chance to get back to his feet. Then pulling the shield back around she swung it towards the body in front of her in one motion aiming to feel the body hit against its wooden sides, not even waiting for him to try and get into a defending position and hoping that the distraction of the tree proved to be enough for her to cause some blunt force trauma.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
From shadows - Page 2 Blockedc
Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(9) :
From shadows - Page 2 Arrow-19
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Male Posts : 45

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
From shadows - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/150From shadows - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Nathaniel Dabrowski

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:32 am

From shadows - Page 2 34a2a396

Nate was still on the ground as the dust cleared. He took several deep breaths, noticing the pain in his chest from the hard fall he took. He turned his head a bit and winced at the pain. The tree had fallen down on everyone. Nate's wounds had opened up more and he had a splitting headache. He touched his forehead. A bit of blood trickled down his finger. Slowly Nate sat up. He looked around trying to figure out all the puzzle pieces. Then he noticed Jared. Nate wasn't sure why but he blamed him for this. He was the one who attacked him the first time, he was the cause of being stuck in a tunnel that lead to the desert, he was the one who showed up just when Nate felt he had refuge and he was what caused Nate to climb the tree!

Nate pushed himself off of the ground and onto his feet. The pain was terrible and it made him dizzy. Words were difficult to form, but he finally got a sentence out. "This will not stand, ya know. This aggression will not stand, man!" Nate saw the sword that had once belonged to him in the clutches of Jared. He rushed toward it hoping to grab any part of it and return the sword to the rightful owner.

Pale Sea Cow carried out 1 launched of one Specialty :
From shadows - Page 2 Y66
Back to top Go down
Maybeth
The Avatar
Maybeth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:27 am

Hunger made me change my mind for waiting. I stared the flower once again and memorised the way it looked, in case I found more. My sword on hand, I walked around silently searching with my eyes the latest proof of a living and eatable creature around here. As for the plants I searched on every bush around me for something edible and useful.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:27 pm

The tribute spotted a small bush with more of the flowers she had on it
Back to top Go down
Maybeth
The Avatar
Maybeth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:32 pm

I saw a small bush that was full of those little flowers whose petal I found. I decided to pick up as many as I could and then throw them all in the basket with hot water. It was few, but it lasted for a soup that would quench my hunger. For a moment, I thought gamemakers were tricking me, or that they were helping me...but I felt like I was tottally left alone for an unknown reason.

I cut off each flower's petals and one after the other, I quickly threw them into my basket. I waited for a while, and drank some from the basket's edje. It was delicious and I already felt warm and happy, which made me a little bit worried on the plant's safety. I was assure though, that our trainer told us to boil them or even eat them raw and they would keep us in a good condition for a while.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Nothing felt out of order with the plants so far
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
From shadows - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/150From shadows - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:07 pm

The fight wasn't looking good for Jared...he was bleeding pretty bad and what made it worse was the tree falling on him. He had tried to dodge it, but it didn't work. He groaned in pain as he got up and realized Anima was coming at him. He quickly spun to his left to dodge her attack and slice at her from behind with his sword. "Let's be honest here...I doubt that we're both going to get out of this alive. Any of the three of us, actually. But if I die when you are still alive...then the best of luck to you." He kept a serious face and after he finished talking, the Nathaniel guy tried to grab for his sword. He failed though, and Jared cracked a smile. "Nice try...but it's going to take a lot more than that to get your sword back." He began to back away from them, looking for an escape route. He wouldn't die here...it wasn't his time. Not yet.
Back to top Go down
Dicemaster
The Computer Account
The Computer Account
Dicemaster

Birthday : 2011-03-05

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
From shadows - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue250000000000/250000000000From shadows - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (250000000000/250000000000)
Character Name:: Dicemaster

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:07 pm

The member 'PhoenixDHS' has done the following action : ROLL

#1 'Block(Other)' :
From shadows - Page 2 Ineffective

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack(Other)' :
From shadows - Page 2 Missm

--------------------------------

#3 'Escape' :
From shadows - Page 2 1turn
Back to top Go down
Maybeth
The Avatar
Maybeth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:12 pm

I eat the whole soup sitting in silence. I pick a heavy rock and hone my sword. The rythical sound of the stone rabbing of the sword half hypnotises me. I feel tired and when I look up, I realise it's getting darken at last. I would normally search for a safe place but the whole area seems to be a pine forest and the ground flat. So I lay down in front of a tree's bole and slowly close my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Anima began to feel weird, a quick jolt of pain went through her limbs as her vision blurred

Loki carried out 1 launched of one TRAP :
From shadows - Page 2 41221943
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:04 pm

From shadows - Page 2 Tumblr_m3xj3kQPiO1qafmhf

Anima moved slightly as she turned to face the boy, knowing he would soon throw an attack her way and knowing that he would try to leave soon. It seemed only logical, he looked like if he got pushed over he may never get back up again so why wouldn't he try to survive a day more? Because well these were the games she guessed...and some people didn't care what happened to them. They did not fear death nor did they fear the darkness that came with it that you would never be able to escape from. His clumsy attempt did not need to even be responded to as it missed her by quite a bit. His loss of blood was messing with his abilities now. He was the perfect prey, scared and weak and alone. Anima felt her world turn though, blurred vision and some pain started to creep up her body in a way that made her feel weird. It could have been caused by a few different things, the heat of the arena making itself known, her thirst and hunger getting the best of her, the tree she just had the pleasure of having fall on her or maybe even a combination of all of them. She didn't stop though, she couldn't stop now. Nor when it was this close, not when this boy was practically dead right in front of her, if he left now she probably wouldn't get a chance to find him again.

As Anima reached up to her face, feeling the, sting of her new condition creeping up on her she could feel the warm sensation of liquid on her face. It was sticking and thick, not like the sweat she had gotten used to hanging out on her brow and under her clothes. Bringing her hand down she saw the color of blood, her blood which was now slightly smeared on her face. "You scarred my face." Her eyes grew serious as a new flame burned. It might not have been this boy that caused the cut on her face, and the more likely scenario was that one of the tree branches scratched against her face but her mind was rattled now. Twisted and turned on its side to really get down to what actually happened there. "You don't get to leave alive for doing such a thing." Her furious voice boomed as she ran wildly swinging the shield at the boy aiming at his figure as even her vision seemed to crack a little from the pain and the breaking of her mind. Anima Reaver had snapped.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(9) :
From shadows - Page 2 Arrow-14
^-35 torso hit HERE is the proof if you need it or didn't see this post for the 7 hours it was was up before I fixed it.

((Ok had to edit my post as was probably seen earlier, NEEDED to add this gif plus my dice code was all wonky. Anyways did that. Screenshot is above if you need proof of my attack.))

Last edited by Ari on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
From shadows - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/150From shadows - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Nate landed with a smack ground. He had just missed Jared. At the last moment he had dodged Nate's grab, causing Nate to fly forward with his momentum and land on the ground AGAIN. It seemed like he had spent most of his time on the ground during the games. From behind him, Nate heard a faint whisper from Anima then, before he knew it, she was attacking Jared with her shield. It was pure insanity!

Nate stood up and looked at his hands. They were bruised and bloody. Trembling from the anger, he formed them into fists and looked up. It was the perfect opportunity and besides, this would be a good way to die. Nate pulled back and swung as hard as he could at Jared's face.

(Had to edit since the dice roll was messed up)

Pale Sea Cow carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) :
From shadows - Page 2 Arrow-19

Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Jared dropped to the ground, dead by Nathaniel's strike, as Kira came into view of Anima, who couldn't be sure if Kira was real or not at this stage of her poisoning.
Back to top Go down
Maybeth
The Avatar
Maybeth

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:06 am

I heard noise, and feeling dizzy I opened my eyes. One of the worst nightmaries in my life was right there for me to see: TRIBUTES!!!
Two tributes bleeding, were standing on another one who was already gone. I gasped scared but the more I looked at them, the more I assured my-self I was going to survive! I stood up so silently, it could be air blowing the leaves on the trees... I looked a way out of here and exmined my condition for a while. I was holding my sword on hand and I was trained on fighting from a very young age.
"May the odds be with you Kira" I thought.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:46 pm

An announcement for a feast was made, taking all the tribute's attention
Back to top Go down
Pale Sea Cow

Pale Sea Cow

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:19 am

Nate watched in disbelief as Jared's body went stiff and fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes. Sand burst up and settled slowly on the ground. All was quiet. What had it been? Nate knew his punch wouldn't be strong enough to normally KILL someone. Had he hit Jared in a fragile spot? Or had Jared simply had enough? It didn't matter anymore, Nate had done what he didn't think he could do: he killed to survive.

He waited a moment then looked up. Anima was still there. She no longer had a focus and he was already bleeding. Nate's eyes widened and then, without another moment of pondering, he spun around and ran.

(Nate has left the area)
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:24 am

From shadows - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mgyss5EUZ21rzz6z4

The cannon sounded and it brought Anima's focus back from the hazy place it had made itself comfortable in. She was seeing things and her world turned around her without her body even moving. Apparently the work she had done to try and suck the poison out of her system hadn't even made a different but with a regular snake it probably could. These were the Hunger Games after all, and nothing was ever normal. The only thing she knew for sure that was there was the boy from District 6 and now he ran, for a good reason too. It would be the end of him to stay there, but now it would be the end of him in general. It was kill or be killed in the arena and with the hazy announcement that a feast had been prepared there would be gifts and things that she needed to make sure he didn't get. Anima ran after him, even though her mind was fuzzy she just followed the steps in the sand but not before first grabbing Jared's sword and gripping it in her hands firmly.

(Anima has left the area)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From shadows   From shadows - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From shadows
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: Games Archive :: The 34th Hunger Games :: 34th Arena :: Sand Dunes :: Palm Tree Respite-
Jump to: