The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hunger Games Chronicles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Hunger Games Chronicles Left_bar_bleue10/150The Hunger Games Chronicles Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

The Hunger Games Chronicles Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games Chronicles   The Hunger Games Chronicles Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:27 pm

So, I've decided that I'm going to make...this. All of the chapters will be at least 1000 words long, and the beginning ones won't be as long since...character building is boring and not that fun to do, but it must be done. Then again...do I really need to build these characters? *evil laugh* But yeah, I know this is short and...not the most interesting introduction to the story, but let's be honest. It was the same with the original Hunger Games...only Suzane Collins is a better writer than me.

Chapter 1
District 7

Daniel

It was just another normal day for Daniel. It seemed so when he woke up at least. His brother, Dustin, was sleeping in the bed next to his and his father could be heard snoring in the other room. Daniel silently got out of bed, forgetting to undress before he got into bed the night past. He sighed silently and went into his bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his short, jet black hair. He straightened the coal colored leather jacket he was wearing and flattened the gray shirt against him. He pat the side of his jeans, nodding when he felt his keys in them. He smiled at the reflection of himself in the mirror, looking into his chocolate brown eyes.

“Be strong Danny…” He muttered to himself. He walked out of the bathroom, closing the door softly behind him. He yawned as he went into the kitchen, opening the pantry and scanning what they had left. He saw a few loaves of bread and took one of them out. It was slightly stale, but bread was bread. He bit into it as he walked outside and into his home of District 7.

It was nice outside. The birds were singing in the forest, the sun was rising and all the other sixteen year olds were about to start their days. Daniel had school, of course, but he didn’t really bring supplies. Didn’t matter considering there was no possible way he was going to live past the age of eighteen, even if he wasn’t picked for the Games. His father was psychotic, obsessed with training both Daniel and Dustin to fight for District 7, like careers. Their uncle’s were both killed in the early games, by District 4 tributes. So, they were bred to kill the District 4 tributes. And what logical sense that made.

Daniel walked along the streets towards his school. He noticed a girl skipping down the street, wearing no shoes. She was always doing that, and she always had a smile. He wished he could be happy like her…carefree life…it would be amazing. But, he got stuck with Mr. Crazy, so a normal life was out. To be honest, a normal life for any kid in the Districts was impossible. Living in fear of their name being called…or in his case, the other way around.

Suddenly, a hand was placed on his shoulder and he felt himself spun around. It was Bryce, the guy that was always trying to pick on people…he hadn’t done it to Daniel yet though...yet Daniel knew it was coming at some point.

“Hey there Danny. Got our money, right man?”

Daniel just sighed. “No. Because you didn’t ask for it. Now, I’m going to walk away…I would suggest not following.” And with that, he turned around and began to walk away. However, he was quickly surrounded by Bryce and two of his lackeys.

“Danny, Danny, Danny…we don’t need to ask for it. You’re supposed to bring it every day, in case we feel like taking it from you. So, cough it up. Or do we have to beat it out o-“ That was when Daniel hit him square in the nose and deflected another punch from one of the other guys, throwing him into Bryce.

After that, he ran off, taking advantage of the situation. He could hear footsteps running after him…and they were catching up. Before he  knew it, he felt the back of his jacket being yanked back and he was thrown onto the ground. Bryce’s goons picked Daniel up by the arms and Bryce held his head still by his chin.

“Man…you got some nerve hitting me...now we’ll teach you why you don’t do that.” He punched him in the stomach, knocking the wind out of Daniel. Then, he was punched across the cheek, kicked in the groin, and kneed in the stomach. His arms were let go of, and he fell to the ground, dazed. The three of them walked off. Today was going to be a long day…

=======================================================

Nothing really interesting happened at school that day. Except for the announcement that Reaping Day was in five days, as if they didn’t already know. No one needed to be reminded that in five days, twenty four children between the ages of twelve and eighteen would be sent to the Capitol to kill each other.

Daniel had narrowly escaped Bryce after school, going out back. He walked along the streets towards the forest, where he worked. Daniel made it to the mill and he saw one of his friends, Richard.

“Hey man. You were a bit late to class today, what’s up with that?” Daniel shook his head and replied by saying

“Just Bryce. You know how he can be. Acts all tough, but wouldn’t last the first five minutes of the Games.”

“What, you think you would?” Richard smiled and Daniel laughed.

“I know I would. Just like I know you wouldn’t.” With that, they both began to laugh. They got their axes for the trees, the Peacekeepers keeping their guns ready in case they tried something. Daniel sighed and walked away from the mill, Richard heading towards his section. He passed a couple of other workers who were a good few years older, and they nodded to him as a greeting.

He went over to one of the trees away from everyone else and began to hack at it. Thwack. He began to think about the Games…and who might be chosen this time. Thwack. Maybe it would be Bryce. But Daniel meant what he said. That was when he stopped thinking and just focused on hacking the tree down. The thwack always calmed him after an annoying day of school. This continued for a few hours, until it was time for Daniel to go home. Of course, he never went home immediately because his father would begin training right away. No…he always took  a stroll through the forest after a day of working…little did he know, he would meet someone that would change him for the rest of the time he lived.
Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games Chronicles
Page 1 of 1