The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Empty
PostSubject: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:37 pm

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Ledana10
The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_mzrutqb70H1tq2uqno4_250

Leda made her way out of the dark of the forest and found herself in some kind of cave. She looked down at the egg in her hands, wondering what it contained and if/when it would hatch. "Hi there, friend," she whispered into the shell, just in case it was thinking about attack her when it popped out. "Let's not eat eachother, okay?" Leda took a moment from cuddling her egg to examine her surroundings. She wanted to know if there were any immediate dangers or anything she could use to her advantage. She didn't see anyone in her direct vicinity at the moment, but she knew that didn't mean much.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Left_bar_bleue1/1The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 4:12 pm

The cave was spacious and drafty, there seemed to be a constant wind blowing in a up-down-down-up pattern. As the tribute studied her surroundings, the egg began to shake and crack more violently until the creature's head poked through. It let out a cry, staring up at its new master.

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Pachycephalosaurus2

Pachycephalosaurus, the Dome-head. It uses its thick skull to deal devastating attacks, but takes damage itself. It is omnivorous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 4:59 pm

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_inline_myw0cvnVJD1rek5ra

Leda felt something crack open in her hands and looked down to see a tiny reptile head looking up at her. She didn't consider herself at all the type of person who squealed over baby animals, but it was just so unexpected to see in a game of death that she couldn't help it. "Aww, hi baby!" she cooed. "You're not gonna eat me, are you?" She stroked its lumpy head lightly with her index finger, careful not to put her finger to close to its mouth. If everyone got one... do we get to keep them? Or do we grow attached to them and then they murder us heartlessly? Leda's eyes were fixed on the little guys face. He seemed to loveable to eat her. Or is that exactly what they want? Oh, hush. Just appreciate the gifts you're given. "I should call you... hm... Geo." She smiled at him, which was rare coming from her she just smiled she didn't make the face she's making in her gif but it made me giggle so I'm using it even though she'd never make that face okay bye. Leda felt wind gust through her hair and set Geo's egg on the ground to help him bust out fully, although she'd pick him up again afterwards if he let her.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Left_bar_bleue1/1The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Geo made a cooing sound as he was petted, but when set on the ground let out a disgruntled grunt. He busted out of the egg completely then and glared up at his master. Why'd he get set on the ground?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 6:11 pm

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_inline_mqmpayTbTg1qz4rgp

Leda stopped her exploration deeper into the cave as the wind was really bothering her now. She turned back a few steps, then sat down to open up her other bag where she could actually see anything. "What do you think is in here?" she asked her little dino friend, reaching into the bag to pull out the contents. She wondered if one of the bags would make a good travel device and/or bed for Geo later on. She didn't have much of a plan yet, and was looking for some guidance. Leda didn't want to fight with anyone because she had seen the others all in groups and she knew she'd be outnumbered, but perhaps other tributes were better than mutts. "Where should we go after this, Geo?" Leda briefly considered sleeping, but decided it was too dangerous to let her guard down. She continued to explore the inside of the backpack she'd taken from the tree.

Accidentally wrote this post over my old post, but basically I picked Geo back up and said sorry to the little guy.

Last edited by Rainy Pie on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Geo seemed to smile, cuddling up to Leda's body warmth. He didn't like the wind, but he was comfy. That wind, on the other hand, seemed to increase in force the further in Leda went, soon making it difficult to keep moving forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:01 pm

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_inline_mqmpayTbTg1qz4rgp

Leda stopped her exploration deeper into the cave as the wind was really bothering her now. She turned back a few steps, then sat down to open up her other bag where she could actually see anything. "What do you think is in here?" she asked her little dino friend, reaching into the bag to pull out the contents. She wondered if one of the bags would make a good travel device and/or bed for Geo later on. She didn't have much of a plan yet, and was looking for some guidance. Leda didn't want to fight with anyone because she had seen the others all in groups and she knew she'd be outnumbered, but perhaps other tributes were better than mutts. "Where should we go after this, Geo?" Leda briefly considered sleeping, but decided it was too dangerous to let her guard down. She continued to explore the inside of the backpack she'd taken from the tree.

Last edited by Rainy Pie on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:19 pm

As soon as the tribute opened her bag, Geo was beside her, trying to nuzzle his way in. Eventually he pulled out a container, the one Leda had felt earlier. He obviously wanted whatever was inside; the container was conveniently labeled "Companion Treats." But Geo stopped from his frenzy when she asked where they should go. He looked up, towards the roof of the cave, where the wind was stronger but there were plenty of holes, where sunlight came in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:34 pm

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_inline_mqmpdxpDlG1qz4rgp

Leda was pleased to see that she had some means of feeding her new little best friend. "Lookit that, Geo, they threw in some treats for you!" Leda took one out and fed it to him, but elected not to give him too many more. She wanted to ration them. Geo seemed to gesture up to the roof of the cave. Leda was puzzled. "Is there something up there?" she asked him, reaching up to the top with her hands. There were lots of holes. Leda looked around, trying to see if any of the holes were big enough for her and Geo to fit through.

Last edited by Rainy Pie on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:47 pm

Geo smacked his lips after eating the treat, then ignored Leda's questions. On wobbly new-born legs, the little dinosaur trotted deeper into the cave; low to the ground, the wind didn't bother him much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Leda turned her attention from the roof back to Geo. "You're a fickle little one, eh?" she teased, following him deeper into the cave. The wind didn't seem to bother him, but Leda's hair was going everywhere. She shoved it out of her face an tucked it back, not wanting to impair her vision any. "Where are ya going, Geo?" Leda was worried that he'd go off further into the wind than she and she'd lose him. Leda peered forward into the cave, trying to see what was ahead. "Do you see something?"
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Geo turned back with a look of confusion. Why was she having such a tough time? He dipped his domed head towards the ground and trudged on; there was something important here, he could feel it in his little dino bones. If only the tribute could figure out how to move in the wind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 9:46 am

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_inline_mqmpmapk261qz4rgp

Leda was amused by the fact that Geo seemed to think she was a bit of an idiot. "You're just like me, then," she muttered, following him deeper and shielding her eyes with her hands. She could think of plenty of time when she'd haughtily patronized and/or sassed other perfectly capable people. Geo appeared determined to reach the end of the cave, so Leda followed him. She wasn't sure if it was a good idea to trust the little guy, and was wasn't exactly the kind of person who trusted easily, but she couldn't help it. Geo was just too adorable. "Easy enough for you," she began, "You're all small and low to the ground. Some of us encounter more... ah... air resistance, if that's the term I'm looking for. Reference area or something. Whatever. Never did like physics." Leda considered crouching to get more on Geo's level but she thought it was too ridiculous. If I'm going to die, I'd prefer to die upright, thanks. Leda shifted her body position a tad, though, hoping it would make passage easier.

on this episode of 'leda/rainy tries to do physics' even though I just did this unit in Physics like three months ago whatever it's my worst subject okay well kinda nvm

Last edited by Rainy Pie on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:04 am

Geo ignored his master, who actually managed to get a little bit out of the wind. Or maybe it was because the cave's roof seemed to be getting away from her, letting the wind pass more overhead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:18 pm

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_inline_mqmq2wc7HK1qz4rgp

Leda was relieved that the wind seemed to be lessening up a bit. "I should've named you Sassy," she said playfully. Leda hurried to catch up to him. "So, what are you exactly, anyway? Obviously some kind of lizard... I think we learned about you in school one time." Leda was never the most talkative of people, but the silence felt kind of awkward. "Starts with a 'd', right? I don't know, I'm not the most studious," she added. Leda looked around, trying to see if she could learn anything from the texture or color of the cave walls.

Last edited by Rainy Pie on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:33 pm

The little dino's glance backwards seemed to say "Really?  Don't you realize I can't speak?" as he continued to trot onwards.  Soon, the cave opened up into a central cavern.  The wind seemed to calm a bit, or maybe it was just focused at the top of the huge hollow place.  Geo stopped then, looking around at the space.  It seemed important to him, somehow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:07 am

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_inline_mqmq014uAq1qz4rgp

Leda was pleased to see that the cave opened up and the wind got less intense. She hadn't realized how noisy wind was until today. Geo, of course, had not responded to her questions, as he could not, as far as she knew, speak. "Sorry, Geo, I know you can't really reply..." she trailed off, looking around the cavern, which was pretty impressive. "DINOSAUR!" Leda burst out, having suddenly remembered. "That's what it was, sorry." Geo appeared very interested in the cavern, and a bit fed up with her. Does he see something? Leda approached the center of the cavern, then the walls, seeing if she could notice anything out of the ordinary up close.

Last edited by Rainy Pie on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 11:00 am

Geo glared at Leda when she burst out with a yell. This place didn't like yelling; he could feel that. On the other side of the cavern, the wall seemed to be oddly shaped. Geo trotted towards it; it looked like there was shelter from the wind there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 11:14 pm

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_inline_mqmplheLkH1qz4rgp

Leda felt a bit odd and not quite herself, but she attributed it to dehydration and/or stress and followed Geo to the other side of the cavern. "What's over here?" she murmured, keeping her voice low. She hadn't liked the way it bounced around in the acoustics of the cavern. She advanced towards the odd part of the wall, wondering if it was big enough for both of them. The wind seemed to let up a lot more in this little wing, which sounded great to Leda. She'd never imagined it would be so hard to breathe properly when there was so much air surrounding her, but the wind was almost suffocating, and Leda knew with all her heart that breathing was of the utmost importance. Just remember that, she told herself, Focus and breath. It's a lesson many have benefited from. Breathing is important.

if y'all don't know where this comes from and where the credit goes from for this i might just cry (although sor brought it up for this particular time in the games)

Last edited by Rainy Pie on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:19 am

There was just enough room for Geo and Leda in the little space, but the breathing was easier and the little dino seemed more than happy to cuddle next to his incompetent master. She was warm and friendly, even if she was a bit dull, as it seemed to Geo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:50 am

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_inline_mqmpp2TlNh1qz4rgp

Leda nestled up to Geo in the little alcove, pleased that he seemed to like her a bit better now that she wasn't stumbling around like an idiot and was providing warmth. Leda was enjoying the temporary peace, but doubted it would last long. She kept her stake at the ready, just in case the Gamemakers decided her blooming friendship with a tiny dinosaur wasn't interesting enough for them. Leda was pretty sure she was one of the only tributes on her own, and that worried her somewhat. "So, Geo," she said with a sigh. "If you want to sleep, I'll keep watch. Not sure what else to do at this point. We should probably go out looking for food and water later, though."

Last edited by Rainy Pie on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:59 am

Now up close to Geo, he seemed a bit bigger than when he'd hatched. Old enough to make actual facial expressions, it seemed, because if the dino had eyebrows he would've raised one. He turned his head back to the cavern at Leda's words, making it clear what his job was, at least in his little Geo mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 11:28 pm

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_inline_mqmowrJrlA1qz4rgp

Leda's eyes widened slightly as she looked at Geo. "Look at that, you're growing up already!" she said, surprised. I guess they accelerated aging since the Games won't last that long. Leda wondered if she should tell him she was proud of him or something. "Soon you'll be bigger than me!" Leda tickled him under the chin with a grin. Do I say 'who's a good boy?' Is he like a dog, or a child, or what? Leda told herself to stuff trying to label the poor, adorable creature and just appreciate his company. Geo was not falling asleep, as far as she could tell, so she tilted her head. "Are you here to keep watch while I sleep, then? That's sweet of them," she mused, glancing up to where the imagined the gamemakers were. "Also totally unnerving and kind of suspicious, but it's rather sweet of you! Probably the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me, outside of my family. Although you're sort of family now too, huh?" Leda ended the sentence in a higher, lighter tone of voice with a smile directed at the tiny, sassy dinosaur and kissed Geo on his head. "Okay, sweetie, thanks, but wake me up if anything happens, please. Or if you get tired." Leda could feel her eyes beginning to close, but all of the training she'd learned simply from living her life was telling her not to trust anyone, which made it difficult to fall asleep with only Geo keeping guard. If you want him to trust and support you, show him that you trust him too. Family means nobody gets left behind, a voice in her head told her. She wasn't sure what part of her it came from, but she suspected it might be the Leda That Might Have Been or partially Lilo, or possibly a kind authority figure. Regardless, Leda put the thought out of her mind and drifted off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:38 am

Geo seemed to nod in understanding. He wasn't at all tired, so he had no problems keeping watch as the tribute drifted into an easy sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:15 am

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Tumblr_n1mg703X821sbaphio2_500

Everybody's doing it, so why the hell should I?
Everybody's doing it, so why the hell should I?
I'm a bad woman to keep. Make me mad, I'm not here to please.

Leda slipped into what she supposed was a dream, although it felt more like a memory. Her mother was handing her a knife for safekeeping, wrapped in a rough cloth, and kissed her lightly on the head. Leda watched as tears welled up in her 8-year-old-self's eyes for what she remembered swearing would be the last time and winced. She knew what came next, but that didn't help. There was a pounding at the door, and from here it didn't seem so loud, but she could recall thinking the knocking was like thunder. A giant's footsteps. It burst open, revealing several large man in intimidating white suits with guns blazing through their hands. Leda heard herself scream, but there was nothing she could do. The next thing she knew, her mother was gone and the already shabby living room was in ruins. Her brother and father came running in, and her father ran out into the night. Leda and her brother sat there together, each comforted by the other's presence. The comfort wouldn't be enough, though. Leda, of course, knew that first hand. She squeezed her eyes tightly shut in her dream, willing it to change, but it didn't. It never did. She was always aware she was dreaming, but she could never do anything about it until she woke up. Leda knew what came next, and it wasn't something she enjoyed seeing. Uninterrupted, the dream would continue into three or four more scenes: her mother's death, her father's rage, getting the news of her father's death, going to see his body only to find out there was nothing left. But that's over now, and it's not me anymore. I am no longer weak. Leda held her breath and braced herself for the worst. I am strong.

Got a pistol for a mouth, my old mama gave me that.
Making my own road out of gravel and some wine,
And if I have to fall then it won't be in your line.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I   The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Same Wind Will Take Care of You and I
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next