The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strummin' Along The Coast

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Strummin' Along The Coast Left_bar_bleue10/150Strummin' Along The Coast Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

Strummin' Along The Coast Empty
PostSubject: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 9:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A young man sat by the edge of the ravine, a guitar in his hands, strumming along for the entertainment of a couple of people who had happened to walk by. The song he was playing was slow, and with the lyrics seemed to be a slightly sad song which Leon didn't entirely like, but hey, the song was still fun to play so he played it. After a couple of minutes he finished, storing his pick in his pocket as the small audience clapped and he smiled as they moved along with their lives. He put a hand up in farewell as they left, a little disappointed they hadn't given him a bit of money. Some loose change would have been nice. However, he didn't do it for the money or else he wouldn't do it all. No, he did it for the satisfaction of playing and brightening up others' days. He began to strum another song, partially hoping it would attract the attention of a few more people and partially because he was quickly getting bored and needed to play. As he played, he noticed that the instrument seemed to sound a little off and sighed, and started to do the time consuming task of tuning. Eventually he got it right again and smiled once more, fixed everything, took out his pick and began to play another slow song, not noticing someone else walking over.

Last edited by Phoenix on Mon May 05, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Strummin' Along The Coast Left_bar_bleue1/1Strummin' Along The Coast Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 7:12 am

Ori had been stuck at home for a few days with that twisted ankle, and had already gotten a serious case of cabin fever. So when she was finally allowed to run about in the great outdoors, the ravine was the first place she went to. It wasn't like she could screw up her ankle again, right?

As she walked, her ears detected the strumming of a guitar. She liked the tune, even though it was a tad slow for her taste, but she began to hum to it, then sing as she got closer. There weren't any lyrics, just the sound of her voice trying to mix with the guitar's chords, which she did pretty well. By the time she actually found the guy with the guitar, she'd gotten fully into it, and a few people gave her weird looks. On the spur of the moment, she sat down beside the guy, giving him a bit of space but making it obvious she'd intended to sit near him as she continued to add wordless vocals to his song.

will gif later~
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Strummin' Along The Coast Left_bar_bleue10/150Strummin' Along The Coast Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Leon looked up from his playing as a girl sat next to him. She looked to be somewhere around his age, maybe a bit older. He smiled and nodded in greetings and then looked back to his guitar as he kept playing. Shortly after, he finished the song, his eyes closed and he had a content smile as he sighed happily. He stored his pick away, opening his eyes and looked to the newcomer. "Hey there. Take it you heard my playing? I would assume so since nothing much else is going on here..." He looked around to confirm that he was right, nodded when he saw he was and looked back to her. "The name's Leon by the way. Leon Holt." He held a hand out, smiling his normal, outgoing and friendly smile.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Strummin' Along The Coast Left_bar_bleue1/1Strummin' Along The Coast Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Ori frowned a bit as the music stopped, but all songs had an end. Well, except for the never-ending one, but that one wasn't to be sung aloud. "Mhmmm, you're pretty good," she said with a laugh, turning to look at him as he looked around. He stuck out his hand, and she took it, "Nice ta meet ya, Leon. I'm Ori, Ori Watson." She dropped his hand after a moment, then glanced at the guitar. "Got another tune in ya, or are ya packin up?" She'd noticed the sudden absence of the pick, but was a bit disappointed. But if he didn't want to play anymore, she was cool with that.[/center]
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:18 pm

Leon grinned when she said he was good. "Thanks...been playing for a few years now. Got inspiration from my brother." He began to rub the end of his guitar as she introduced herself as Ori Watson. "Like uh...Mayor Watson's daughter?" He looked back to his guitar and strummed a few chords quickly and then looked back to the girl when she asked if he was packing up. "Well I could play a few more songs. Prefer fast paced songs or slow ones?"
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:26 pm

"Brother huh? Me and my sister sing together sometimes," she said, crossing her legs and facing him. "Yep, that's me," she said with a grin, "Didn't know I was that well known. Rob's kinda important, but me," she shrugged. He strummed a few chords and her eyes lit up, overjoyed. "Doesn't matter to me, I'll sing to anything with a good tune," she said, beaming a bit, "And I've got a feeling that includes anything you'll play."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 5:19 pm

The boy laughed when the girl complimented his playing and he looked to her, saying, "Kind of you to say so, but there are a few songs I'm pretty terrible at. No one's perfect after all." He laughed a little again and began to think of a song, looking up towards the sky and then got an idea. "I think I know what song to do next...even know the lyrics to it. It's one of the songs my brother managed to scrounge up, like some of the others. Back when...well, who knows when actually." He smiled and strummed, to make sure the instrument was properly tuned and nodded. He tapped the guitar with his hand in a steady beat. When he started playing, he began to sing..disclaimermenoownsongbelongtofalloutboyweeeeeeeeeeeeee

"When Rome's in ruin~...we are the lions~, free of coliseum~...in poison places, we are anti-venom. We're the beginning of the end..."
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Ori lit up even more, if that was possible.  After Leon settled into the beat, she clapped along, a few other people joining around them.  It sounded almost familiar, but it didn't kick in until the chorus.  "We are~ wild... we are like young volcanoes ... We are~ wild..." She added in a few little vocal twists as well, and soon the song was over too fast.  With a sigh, she leaned back, supporting herself with her arms.  "You really are good," she said with a laugh, "Props to your bro for  finding that song.  Did he find a name for it?"
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 10:17 pm

When Leon finished, he looked up to the crowd that had gathered, only recently noticing a lot had been singing the chorus along with him. They all cheered which brought a grin upon the young man's face and he nodded to all of them in thanks. He watched as they departed, a few dropping a nice little tip for him. Leon tried to call after them to take it back, but they wouldn't. So, he shrugged and put it in his pocket and looked to Ori as she complimented him and his face turned slightly red, but he still grinned. "Heh, thanks...you aren't a bad singer yourself." He put his guitar to the side for a second, lying down as he put his hands behind his head with his arms outstretched and listened to her ask him another question. "It was hard to tell what it was at first since the titles were kinda faded away, but we managed to figure out it's called 'Young Volcanoes'."
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 8:17 pm

"Only when there's good music backing me up," Ori said with a laugh. She swiveled back so her feet were hanging off the edge, kicking them absent-mindedly. "Well that explains the Chorus," she said; that one line had confused her a bit until now. "Gotta be an old song for that," Ori looked back at Leon, her hair whipping around as she did so. "Certainly not near our time... I wonder what it was like back then." Most people wouldn't dare wonder about the past like that, but being the Mayor's daughter, Ori seemed to be exempt from that. Her gaze flicked back to the Ravine, as if she expected something to show up in its depths.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Leon shrugged slightly, looking up at the sky. "I don't think anyone back then knew how lucky they were...but they definitely knew how to have fun." He grinned, looking back to the girl next to him and added, "You'd be surprised how many songs are happy like this one...but there are also sad ones that make me think...maybe they didn't have it so easy back then...but they all must've pulled through somehow, right?" For a second his smile disappeared, but it came back quickly as he looked up at the sky again.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 3:40 pm

"Yeah, they were wild," she chuckled a bit to herself.  "Well, I suppose everyone's got the happy and sad moments, right?"  she said, looking back at him.  "Ya just gotta know how to pull through... which I guess they did."  She let the silence linger only for a moment.  "Well, I'd better head back.  I wasn't supposed to be out too long," she got to her feet then, seeming to favor the ankle she'd twisted now that  it had been hanging off a ravine for a bit.  Putting her hands on her hips, she looked down at Leon.  "Nice singin' with ya~ Oh," Reaching into her pocket, Ori found a decent-sized tip for the boy.  "Here, might as well support ya a bit.  See ya around!" with that, she turned and limped off, heading for home.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 12:30 am

He laughed along with her and sat up, listening to her speak. After she was done, her words hung in the air for a moment until she said she had to go and stood up. She mentioned having fun sing and he smiled. "Thanks...pleasure to sing with you as well." He was about to look away when she handed him a tip and both his eyes and smile got wider. "Wow...thanks!" He looked up as she walked away, raising a hand up and called, "Later Ori!" He turned back, looking over the ravine, grinning away.

End Topic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strummin' Along The Coast   Strummin' Along The Coast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strummin' Along The Coast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 5 :: Ravine-
Jump to: