The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chicken Soup for the Soul

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Chicken Soup for the Soul Left_bar_bleue150/150Chicken Soup for the Soul Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Chicken Soup for the Soul Empty
PostSubject: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 3:38 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul BwTEbUx
Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_inline_mnxlqycLEi1qz4rgp

Derald sighed loudly when his head hit back on his pillow and glanced to Annie with an apologetic smile, "Sorry 'bout today. Kinda ruined our day out." His voice was raspy as he said. Tess wasn't home, already at the farm working, so it was kinda just them for now. He turned away for a cough before shuffling over to give space to Annie. She helped him back home and he was so sure that he already passed the flu to her. All the more that she should stay away from him at least for the next few days. But he really did feel bad that they get didn't get to do much today, and he'll probably be married to the bed all day too. He rested an arm over his eyes and sniffled his leaking nose. "Maybe ya should go back, ya have chores don't cha? I'll be fine. And 'sides.. don't wanna get ya sick too," he suggested, chuckling as he peeked from under his arm. He'll probably just sleep and pop whatever pills he can find and be boring all day. But who knew what kind of high his fever can get him into. Dusk trotted slowly into Derald's room, alerted by familiar people she knew. She let out a soft bark to greet them, sniffing at Annie's legs before giving her a lick. Dusk was well enough to walk around and make noise and stuff, but Derald kept her inside and away from herding for now, and Dusk found it really boring. Hearing people come back so early got her tail waging as company came by. She jumped up onto Derald's bed, tilting her head and giving him a concerning nudge. Derald scratched her chin to reassure his companion and she quickly turned her attention back to Annie, excited to see her after what seems like forever!

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_n1q3a7Liu31s1s6l3o2_250
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:27 am

Chicken Soup for the Soul PwQlCCb
Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mq59pxYD1W1rzk9fdo3_250

Annie crossed her arms and leaned against the wall. "Like it was even a day out. Just the giddy musings of a possible pr- madwoman." Her lips curled up in a smile. "You look silly." She felt bad, watching him lie there and snuffle. She wished she had some way of helping him, but there was really no cure for a cold better than time. Annie crossed the room and sat on the edge of his bed when he made space. He suggested she leave and she rolled her eyes. "Mm, you'd love to be rid of me, wouldn't you? But nah, it's my day off, and I've probably already ingested your germs, so there's no point in me leaving now." She chuckled. She figured she should probably try to avoid getting sick, but she wasn't sure of anything yet, anyway, and Annie didn't want to abandon Derald to fight off this bug alone. Annie looked up when she noticed movement by the door, and smiled when she saw it was Dusk. "Hey, girl!" she said happily, giggling as the dog licked her nose. "It's very good to see you. You look fabulous." She was relieved to see the dog up and about again. It seemed things were back to normal. Mostly. "So, what do you want me to do? I can read you a book, I can make soup, I can just sit here and poke you in the arm to distract you from the cold..."   She tapped his arm experimentally with her pointer finger.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Chicken Soup for the Soul Left_bar_bleue150/150Chicken Soup for the Soul Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 am

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_inline_n7uryrwhzn1r9whwz

Derald rolled onto his stomach and smushed his face into his pillow as he debated back mindlessly, "It was day, we were out, I'd say that's a day out." Her taking back a word totally missed his head as usual. He looked up and returned a tongue sticking out at Annie, "Ain't I always lookin' silly?" But after that, he kind of gave up talking back and just nodded to letting her stay around. His head was already up in the clouds and burnt to mush while he murmured incoherently in attempts to reply. With her attention all on Dusk, he was slowly slipping to blanking out until Dusk barked loudly this time, in reply to Annie's nice words. The Border Collie hopped off of Annie to sit on top of Derald, sniffing and licking him every now and then. "I dunno, what do ya wanna do?" Barely shrugging her pokes off, he laughed, "As distractin' as yer pokin' is," he looked away mumbling to himself like a kid that wants something but doesn't want to ask for it, "Soup sounds nice.."

#sorryshortpost #booo #monday'sbeentiring #butit'soversowoo #sickDerryhadsnothingtodobutsmusharound #feellikeDerryrightnow #notintherightframeofmind #teehee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 12:52 am

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mlj409ZLoA1s0wzgeo3_250

Annie laughed at Derald's reluctance to ask for her help. She stood up again and turned to face him. "Soup it is. Luckily, I already know where everything is in the kitchen. Sort of." She figured she knew at least as well as he did, what with their pancake experience. Annie wiggled her fingers in the air to wave goodbye and headed down to the kitchen. How did one make soup again? She dug around until she found a pot, and put some water in it, and set it to heat up. While the water boiled, Annie searched the kitchen for all manner of ingredients. After a few minutes, she came up with some pieces of chicken, some celery, an onion, some carrots, some bay leaves and thyme, basil, and finally some dry noodles. It was fairly easy to work with the food here, considering the games had left Derald quite rich. Annie pursed her lips. There were plenty in the district that were starving, but that wasn't the cause at hand. She plopped everything except the noodles in the water and slowly cooked the chicken, watching the water become broth, and skimming off the top. She cleaned her hands and continued, using the broth with the vegetables, leftover chicken, and noodles, which Annie cooked in the broth. Soon the soon was ready and she tasted it with a little spoon. Annie shrugged. It definitely wasn't the best chicken soup ever made, but it would have to do. She added a pinch of salt, stirred, and poured a few cups of it into a bowl. She put the bowl on a plate, grabbed another spoon, and carefully carried it back up to Derald's room, taking light steps so it wouldn't spill. Annie was relieved she'd left the door open. She smiled and placed the soup on a little table that I'm just going to assume is there, then poked Derald in the arm. "Back."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:40 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mklzz8dxTL1r032zxo2_500

Derald grinned sheepishly to Annie, nodding a thanks as she turned to leave. He laid there in silence for quite some time, letting his thoughts wonder off incoherently, not registering anything at all. Only bits and pieces like Annie and chores and pig cleaning and meds. The meds part made him pay attention to the floating words in his thoughts as the reminder about stashing some somewhere in this house. He dragged himself up and out of the bed, shuffling around to try and recall where the med stash was. Even going past the kitchen door a few times. In the end he found them in Tess' room in a box that actually labelled itself "Meds". He dug around to pull out a bottle of aspirin pill and popped two in his mouth. It was strange, he never used to rely, or need to anyways, on medicine before. It's almost uncomfortable thinking about even taking them. It was only now adays and especially during Games period. Meds were almost foreign to them, like they could stand strong from the viruses all their lives. But now, sometimes, the headaches just won't go away and getting dumb flus like this. It's like his body got battered and bruised and can't depend on itself, dropping it's ego on turning towards external medicine. Satisfied with something to bring the fever down, Derald lugged the med box back to his room and curled back up in bed, pulling his knees towards him. The drowsiness kicked in fast, coupled with the lack of sleep and he almost conked out for about 15 minutes before he left thing non furry poking his arm. He blinked once then twice to see Annie and he greeted, "Hey..." Sitting up, he rubbed his eyes, "How was your soup adventures without me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:50 am

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_inline_n4s9zkzMRU1saokzc

Annie stirred the soup slowly with the spoon, then scooped some up. She held the spoon out for Derald to either eat the soup directly from or take in his hand to feed to himself. "They were very adventurous and exciting. I bet I know your kitchen better than you do now. Who put all that stuff there, anyway?" She sat on the floor next to his bed, a smile on her face despite Derald's sleepy attitude. "Did you fall asleep? Crap, did I wake you up? Forget the soup, you should get some rest." She looked up at him with mild concern, when she suddenly noticed the medicine box out of the corner of her eye. "Smart," she said with a nod, gesturing to the box. "What'd you take?" Annie didn't want to keep bugging him if he was half-asleep, and he looked pretty drowsy, but she'd rather deprive him of a few more moments of rest than end up accidentally killing him by mixing pills into his food or something when he'd already taken some. She supported her weight with one hand on the ground and used the other to lightly brush the hair out of his face. Annie couldn't help thinking he looked like a sad little puppy, and wasn't sure whether she wanted to giggle or pity him. Probably both, she decided, bringing her other hand back down to sit in her lap.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mvr2osSSgS1qf6aujo4_250

Derald looked at the spoon stuck out in front of him. With it being right in front of his face, he just took the effort to open his mouth and let her feed it to him. He sighed inwardly as he felt the warm soup kind of soothe his scratchy throat. No one could ever prove that soup helps with the flu but somehow it does. He chuckled into his fit of coughs as Annie claimed to be way more knowledgeable about his own kitchen. Which would most probably be true. "Sometimes even I question it's existence in this kitchen. Most prolly Tess though, she likes cooking up a storm then makin' literary everyone in the district be her guinea pigs," he shrugged, shifting up even more to fully sit, shaking his head quickly the moment Annie thought she was disturbing him. "It's fine, really. Ain't I already resting?" gesturing down to the fact that he's stuck in bed and not doing anything, Derald then continued, " 'Sides, who would wanna just forget about the best soup ever made?" He reached out to gentle hold her hand and mumbling, "Thank you." before quickly dropping it from contact in case of the flu bug running around. He carefully cupped the bowl in his hands as he began to drink from it while Annie noticed the new things that grew legs to walk into his room. Putting the half filled bowl aside, he turned to the box as well, "Just some aspirin, and stuff. No biggie." He grin to try and lift up some of Annie's concern that keeps popping up. His eyes already half opened, mind just roaming around like a drunk 5 year old as he slowly slid back under the blankets, turning his body to look at her on eye level. A side of his mouth tugged up when she pushed his tousled hair aside from his eyes, staring before he let his mouth speak whatever muttering gibberish, "Why do ya even love an idiot like me?" He just stopped trying to make his mind function properly with the fever without hurting his brain too much. And of course, nothing good ever comes out from that mouth that doesn't filter or conscienceless thinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 3:37 am

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_inline_mubmt5IpNi1rpl29c

Annie chuckled as Derald sipped the soup directly from the spoon with his mouth. The sad puppy resemblance was not exactly fading. She winced a bit as he coughed. "Lying down is better rest than nothing, but sleep is better." Annie squeezed his hand lightly when he reached out to hold it, then rested it back on her lap. "Thanks, but I think I'm pretty far from becoming a master soup chef. And don't worry about it. I'm not cool enough to have anything better to do anyway, and I like taking care of people. Besides, it's not like you're throwing up all over the place. It's just a flu." She tilted her head to the side, letting her eyelids fall halfway closed. The Capitol may have been a screwed-up, devastatingly corrupt, ego-maniacal agency of gluttony, greed, torture, and death, but they sure knew how to build a house. Even the floor where Annie was sitting was quite comfortable. Her eyes snapped open at Derald's question, and she smiled. "Hmmmm," she began, pretending she had to think about it. "Maybe because I'm an idiot too. Or maybe because you're not an idiot. You're strong and funny and sweet and handsome and despite the fact that I know you've seen a lot of dark stuff, you still manage to see the good in everyone and everything. It also helps that we happen to get along." Annie shrugged.  "You're my best friend, Derald. My first friend. You're the most amazing person I know. How could I not love you?"  

#ifailatwritingfluff #noexperience #badatputtingemotionsintowords #wroteabirthdaycardtodaysomaybeitgotmewarmedup
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mq7200f9NE1r032zxo4_250

Derald glanced back to the half filled bowl of soup before pulling it over to him again. Better finish it before he crashes. "Well, you're my master soup chef..." he muttered into the bowl and then slowly finishing the rest of it. It was good, no doubt about it, and he hasn't had much soup in his life so this was definitely good enough for him. He grinned as he finished the last bit of the now empty bowl, "Let's not jinx it." He noticed Annie closing her eyes but his mouthed talked before he could think. Dusk moved towards Annie and accompanied her on the ground, resting her head on her lap, not doing much but listening in. Derald laid there and gaze to her reasoning out her justifications. He smiled and let his eyes shut close as he replied, "And yer amazin' and beautiful and selfless and caring and I'm the luckiest guy in the world to love you." He peeked open his eyes and weakly raised his eyebrows to her, "Though I kinda really like the first 'maybe' too." With a brain as fried as his, he'll probably forget most of today. But happy with an answer for now, he changed the subject as quickly as it came about. "Y'know we never got to talk 'bout it, what we'd name our plus one if we had one." Who knew that a sick, fever fried-brain Derald would be so talkative about such nonsense. Jumping once again when he remembered, "Ya look tired, are ya tired?" shifting to one end of the bed, he tugged her sleeve with the little energy he had and pat on the empty space beside him. Maybe she wanted a nap too. Though everything looks tired to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_inline_n0pa72JebB1szv27e

Annie's eyelids had fallen completely shut by now and she leaned her shoulder and back against the wall. She knew Derald was basically high on fever and drugs and half-asleep at the moment, but she couldn't help smiling. "Thanks, but I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're saying right now." She opened her eyes and looked up at him again when he mentioned naming their possible future 'plus one.' Annie laughed. How much aspirin did he take? she wondered, somewhat amused. Then again, we brought it up before, and I'm fairly sure he was lucid and mostly coherent that time. She pursed her lips, thinking for a minute. "I don't know, but it's looking like we may have to decide sooner rather than later..." Annie muttered. "Depends on the baby, I guess. Maybe we should go with something that works well for any gender, just in case. What would you suggest?" She'd been trying to think of what it would be like, living with a baby. Being a mother, what their kid would look like, where they would live. Annie figured her own house was a bit crowded for another addition, much less two, if Derald moved in, and this house had plenty of room. Besides, Derald had certainly fought for it. Annie tried not to grimace. She had intended to think nice, happy thoughts, not remember violent past events. Derald asked if she was tired and she shrugged. "Just comfortable. You should sleep."

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 1:30 am

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mklzz8dxTL1r032zxo1_500
Derald shook his head into the pillow, mumbling as he slipped a hand under his face, "Yes I do, I'm saying I love you. ...Right?" Nothing coherent went through his mind as everything fuzzes out to mush. But he knows one thing to say at least. He shuffled over to the edge of the bed closer to Annie and laid with his arm and leg hanging off while she spoke. "Really? Why's that?" Even in his state of high on drugs, Derald was still as dense as ever. But Annie moved on already, his question deemed irrelevant for now. "...Alex?" He shrugged and threw out a name to see if it'll catch anything. Why did that name even come up? He wasn't thinking that hard for a name, it just sort of popped out of his mouth. As Annie had so much things running through her mind, Derald's seem to only be filled with fuzzy bananas and monkeys. He closed his eyes this time, pulling his legs up to curl in, "You should too..." He was easily drifting off already when he let himself go back to sleep. "Hey, Annie?" But he muttered softly to himself before falling into the unconscious, "Will you marry me?" He said it so blissfully without processing anything, probably not even into his memory.

#havingwaytoomuchfun #shouldgethimhighondrugsmoreoften
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_inline_n0pal5BpnD1szv27e

Annie smiled at Derald's name suggestion. "Cute, I like it. Alex is definitely a name to strongly consider," she replied. It was weird to think about kids, but it was nice. Annie still felt young. She knew she was over reaping age, and almost older than what was technically considered a teen. Her mom had waited longer to have kids, but the life expectancy wasn't exactly stellar in their world. Annie figured the kids of a victor would have a better chance than a starving single mother in District 12 or something. All they'd have to worry about would basically be the reaping. Maybe they'd get lucky and never get picked, or at least never have to go in. Can kids inherit their father's luck? Annie didn't want to think about her children dying, so she turned her attention back to the loopy Derald. She was pleased to see him start drifting off when he said her name again."Mhm?" she asked, mostly just to acknowledge that he'd spoken. She was not prepared for what came next. Sure, they'd been talking about kids, and they'd been together for a while, but it felt like it was out of nowhere. She doubted Derald would remember proposing when he woke up, much less how she responded. So why does it feel important? she wondered. Annie took a deep breath and patted him lightly on the head. "Of course, Derald. Now go to sleep."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:25 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mklzz8dxTL1r032zxo1_500
Derald perked up at the thought of the names and he continued on in his sleepy slur, "Yeah, like it can go both ways, Alexis, Alexandra, Alexander, Alexavier..." He trailed off and stopped there, though it seemed as if he just ran out of names that start with Alex. He may be drugged out, but the name brought back some stings that made him go quiet. Now he know why the named popped out of his mouth. He stared off into space, as if giving a moment of silence and then turning his attention back to Annie as quickly as it digressed and hit him like a truck. As he curled up, he was already in and out of sleep. Derald pulled up a huge grin when she pat his head and agreed. It was as if pacifying a kid to sleep but the moment of soon-to-be forgotten happiness was enough to make him give in to the slumber. "You should too," he repeated himself again before finally letting the aspirin numb everything out.

#sorryshortpost #nonewgif #conkedoutderryandchii
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 1:41 am

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mrcnd4uib51s2nmgyo5_250

"Alexaiver? I don't think that's a real name." Annie laughed. "I kind of like it, though. Flows nicely, and there are lots of good nicknames. I mean, Alex, obviously." She thought for a minute afterwards about what she had just said and shook her head. "Is loopiness from aspirin and fever and sleep deprivation contagious?" she asked jokingly. Maybe she was just tired. Or maybe it's hormones... the back of her mind whispered. She would have genuinely paid more attention to her thoughts, but she was pretty out of it at the moment. Annie looked up and watched Derald fall asleep, a smile on her face. "Hm, that's probably true. Just for a little while." She'd heard somewhere that naps were good for you anyway, and she'd gotten up rather early to drag Derald out to play in the barn. Why did I do that, again? she tried to remember. Was there a point? Was I going to tell him something? She remembered hurrying over to his house and being indecisive and knocking on the door and seeing his face and making up her mind about something, and then they were at the barn. Annie pushed the concerns aside for later, forced herself up for a few seconds to grab a pillow from a chair, and curled up on the ground. She knew Derald wouldn't mind if she used the other side of the bed, but he was sick, and the floor was comfy. "Night, Derry," she murmured, closing her eyes and letting her brain rest.

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mhi5nbwu2M1rj4v0so1_r1_500

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mbaqqkXHLu1rqkf12

#gotafewsleepinggifs #don'tknowwheniwouldgettousethemotherwise #soherewego #toolazytoeditinthehairtouchyone
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mkm0f3CzJo1r032zxo1_500

The next time Derald opened his eyes again, it seemed like centuries but it's been only about an hour or two. His throat was still scratchy but everything else felt a lot better and he rubbed his eyes, pushing himself up to see Annie cuddling a pillow as she slept on the floor. He let out a guilty smile and scratched the back of his head. Getting off, he carried Annie up onto his bed. He tried to rack his brains on the details but all he remembered was barn, home, soup and bed. And nothing much else. Derald sat back down on the bed and looked towards her, smiling like an idiot. To think that she stuck around even till he conked out was really nice of her and every time he stares at her he can't help but think about how amazing she is. He kissed the top of her head before laying back down. Watching others sleep would make you sleepy, and right now, sleep couldn't be better than anything. He turned away, his back against hers to at least turn the germs away, drifting back off.

Chicken Soup for the Soul H7QMgPs
Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_inline_n1ttt9vTVP1rsud01

Tess walked into the house looking for her cousin. It was strange to have not seen him around all day. And all-day meant all day, usually he'll swing by, apologise, get back to work but guess taking care of Dusk really got the best of him. For once, Tess wasn't going around the house screaming at Derald to fix this or feed that. Today, she's just hear to check up on someone. Or maybe a couple more "someone"s. She creaked open the door to see both Anne and Derald sleeping and now maybe she shouldn't've come to disturb any of them. But she grinned as the adorableness seem to reek out. Tess went up to check on Derald, touching his neck and head for any fever when thought she heard rustling and just stood there, frozen up, trying to see if she was busted for waking Annie up or something. "Hi?" in a slightly hushed voice she just called out, and yeah totally maybe just waiting beside the bed for someone to actually catch her here, destroying the peace for our dearly beloved who's rotting on a bed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 12:13 am

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_mrcnd4uib51s2nmgyo8_250

Annie awoke suddenly at the sound of someone entering the room. Her dreams had been difficult to differentiate from one another, mostly just a large stream of flowing colors, the occasional face or snippet of memory floating by along the way. She was mildly surprised to find herself on the bed instead of on the floor. She shifted over and glanced at Derald. He was facing the opposite way and appeared to be asleep. Annie guessed he'd moved her, unless she'd randomly developed sleepwalking tendencies. Annie looked up a little further and noticed Tess standing there, checking Derald's fever.  Annie smiled and rubbed her closed eyes with her hand. "Hi, sorry," she whispered. "He, uh, he has some flu cold thing. He took some aspirin and I made him soup." She searched her brain to see if there was anything else she thought Tess might need to know. She wasn't totally awake yet, and she was still working on becoming fully lucid. Annie pushed her hair out of her face and gently rolled off the bed. Her nap had been fairly short, but she was feeling much more energized now. She'd been feeling tired a lot lately and she appreciated the temporary lapse. She walked over to Tess, fiddling with the hem of her shirt. "Um, Tess?" Annie said quietly. "You don't have kids, do you?"

#supershortpostimsorry
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:47 am

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_inline_n1ttu8sjid1rsud01

Tess shook her head and sighed, "That lil bugger, can't ever take care of himself," flicking his forehead, he winced and groaned, turning to the other side facing Annie as he hugged her arm before she got up. "Thanks though, for bein' there for 'im." She properly pulled the blanket over him and pat his head, letting her cousin just sleep the flu away. She was suppose to get him to do some work today but he'll hafta owe her. Annie looked a little tired as she shuffled towards Tess, asking her about kids. Tess laughed and rolled her eyes, "Heck, I'd hafta find a man that ain't gonna run from me within the first 5 minutes before I'd have them kids." Tess was kind of like a little fire ball at people, and 'bro's up with most guys in the end anyways and she liked the idea of being single. Who knows, maybe she'll pick up a baby on the street. But her amusement was put aside when she noticed that Annie wasn't quite the same when she asked her that. "Hey, what's wrong?" She placed a hand on Annie's shoulder as she asked, being a lil' more serious. Dusk peeked out from the end of the bed when the dog noticed Tess coming by and she got off and trotted over to the girls, nudging their legs. Tess gave her a smile before glancing out the door. "Let's leave this bugger to sleep for now," her head nodded out the door and grabbed the empty bowl before she led them outside into the kitchen, Dusk tagging along. Dumping the bowl into the sink Tess turned to Annie and probed again, "Alright, what's botherin' ya?" And she squinted her eyes, quick to assume, "Is Derald bein' a horrible boyfriend. Because I can deal with that." She cracked a few knuckles, grinning.

#nunotshortatall #weloveshortposts #sowoo #all'sgood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 10:41 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_m5af5jMXsu1rqkf12

Annie widened her eyes at Tess's question. "What? No, nothing like that. He's a perfectly capable boyfriend." She shook her head. That certainly wasn't the problem. She didn't even think there was a problem, really, she was just nervous. She wanted to tell Derald, but she wasn't sure yet, and didn't want to go counting her chickens before they hatched or whatever. Annie's only slight problem was the unrealistic but naggy little tiny fear in the back of her head that wondered if, despite them joking about kids all the time now and that he had sort of tried to propose in his loopy, feverish state, he wouldn't react well to the news if she was correct in her suspicions. That wasn't bothering her much though, as most of her mind doubted that would happen. She just hated not telling him, but Annie had made up her mind about not telling him until she was absolutely sure. She hadn't even begun to worry about actually being a parent yet. "It's nothing. Really. Just, uh, just worried bout him, I guess, but he'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_my3g0idkX71qll70fo4_250

Tess stared at Annie for a couple of seconds before letting out a feral grin, "Aight, I'll give that bugger the benefit of the doubt." To Tess, Annie was obviously worried over something, but she let Annie go quiet as she fret over unknown stuff while Tess hunted for a box of tea leaves she remembered getting from the Upper District eons ago. Sometimes, she wonder how much underlying worries Annie gets away with without Derald noticing any of it at all. God, she wanted to smack him on the head so badly. But in a way his denseness always amuses her so. She reached into the top cabinet to find the lonely little box and grabbed it out as Annie broke the long silence. Tess tutted her finger at her, leaning over the counter towards Annie, "Y'know, whenever a woman says it's nothin', it ain't ever nothin'." She leaned over and poked Annie arm a couple of times in the most annoying Hafer way, "C'mon, you can talk to me 'bout anythin'. Between us females who hafta deal with the guy name Derald practically everyday. I won't say a thing to Der, if it makes ya feel better." Tess chimed as she turned away and started boiling water, chucking some tea leaves into the pot. "Or how 'bout tea?" she offered, mostly just giving her a heads up instead of a real option as the fire was lit up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 2:42 am

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_m025nj2mTt1rp6a2yo1_500

Annie smiled weakly and shook her head. "Thanks, Tess, and I appreciate it, I really do, but it's really nothing yet. Just a weird feeling. I swear if I need guidance, I'll come to you." She didn't mean to shut the other girl out, but she didn't want to jinx the possibility by telling someone. Annie's eyes flitted over to Derald again momentarily, watching his chest rise and fall as he breathed. She looked back at Tess after a few seconds, taking a deep breath. "Um, I think I actually have to go- I'm really sorry, I wish I could be here when he woke up, or just keep him company, but now that it's a bit later I have to do some stuff back home. Uh..." Annie trailed off, taking a moment to organize her racing thoughts. "I'll come back. Later. Like, in a few hours, or tonight, or something. To check on him. I'm really sorry." She glanced around to make sure she wasn't forgetting anything and leaned over to kiss Derald on the head as lightly as possible so she could keep from waking him up. She straightened up again and gave Tess a quick hug. "Thank you, though. I hope he feels better." Annie nodded and made her way out the door. "Sorry, I'll see you later!" she called back, waving her hand behind her. Annie left the victor house feeling rude and awkward and relieved. She really did need to attend to some things at home, but mostly she just felt the sudden urge to be alone for a few minutes, at home, maybe with the dogs.  
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Chicken Soup for the Soul Tumblr_inline_n1tttfECHe1rsud01

Tess turned away from the pot of tea and watch her fumble around with her words. "Alright, ya do just that, 'kay?" She chuckled to herself and nods as she poured the tea into a flask she found in the cabinet. "It ain't any problem at all, take your time, he'll be fine alone. Watching him sleep is like watchin' a log." Tess knew Annie was hiding something and it intrigued her but she convinced herself not to pry. She capped the flask as Annie went back to his room and watched Derald rustle in his sleep with the contact. She went out to the hallway, "Eh it's nothing really, basically just makin' sure he's still breathin' and all." Tess places the flask in her hands before she left. "Here, since ya can't join me for tea, at least have some back home. Picked up some camomile not too long ago. Trust me, does wonders for yer body mind and soul." she returned the hug and let her go. Annie was acting weird today but she couldn't put her finger to it, so she shrugged and went back to check on Derald before leaving to get work done.

When Derald woke up, he could feel his head pounding and his body sore from sleeping so long. He dragged himself up to find a note on the table from Tess: Annie left earlier, made some Camomile tea, remember to heat it up again. Brought dinner back from home, when you're done, get yer ass back to work. Oh, hope you're feeling better. -Tess He rolled his eyes and smiled at the note before trying to readjust himself back to being a productive person of society again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul   Chicken Soup for the Soul Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chicken Soup for the Soul
Page 1 of 1