The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not Tying anything.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Selene

Female Posts : 138
Birthday : 1999-04-26

Not Tying anything.  Empty
PostSubject: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Not Tying anything.  Ben+10+Alien+Swarm+(2009)1
Marnie Kaleen

I walked over to the knot tying station and listened, as the Instructor began to give an overview of how to tie knots. I looked at the D10 girl, and smiled. "I'm Marnie," I said, looking back at the knot I was tying.

Last edited by Selene on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Not Tying anything.  Left_bar_bleue150/150Not Tying anything.  Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:28 pm

When I got over to the knot tying section I sat down and took my piece of rope listening to the trainer there. He was rather nice and was pleased to have tributes at his station. I started to practice the knots but they were rather difficult. When she told me her name I smiled. Well it would be easier to call her Marnie. "My name's Estrella but feel free to call me Ella or anything you can come up with." I told Marnie and still kept trying to tie the one knot.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Marnie Kaleen

I smiled and continued to tie the knots. These weren't that complicated. I was good at tying knots, and hoped they'd teach us how to make nets. I had no idea what to do with nets. "Nice to meet you, Estrella," I said kindly.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Not Tying anything.  Left_bar_bleue150/150Not Tying anything.  Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:48 pm

I nodded. "Like wise." I said smiling and finally after fiddling with the rope I had tied the knot and grinned. I repeated it a few times getting it down. I sighed, I really couldn't stay in this station, it was boring and I wanted to more action things. "I'm real sorry, Marnie but I don't think I can sit still long enough to stay at this station." I say getting up.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Marnie Kaleen

"That's okay," I said. It actually was boring. I need to get somewhere else. Wait a minute. When was lunch? "When's lunch Estrella?" I asked, standing up too.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:57 pm

I shrugged. "I don't know, when ever they decide to feed us and make us fatter." I said grinning and from there I left knot tying and decided to either go to the melee station or the edible food station. I was undecided so far but I was leaning towards melee, despite the show off district two boy being there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Star shuffled over to the knot-tying section. This should be fun. Knots are probably a lot more useful than people give them credit for... and if you hang someone with a rope and a knot or choke/strangle someone, they cause such beautiful gory deaths...she thought, and looked around, grabbing some pieces of string.

She held string in her palm and twisted it around with her fingers, wishing she knew the knot that traditionally was used for hanging people. She expermented a little with some pieces of rope after her string had gotten all tangled, but couldn't figure it out.

"Grrrr..." Star huffed under her breath and tried picturing images of hanged people that she had seen before, which was a lot more effective. She smiled and tried again with the rope until she got it. After a little while, Star looked around at the other tributes. The girl from District 10 was not too far off. Oh, right, I should probably be making allies, huh? ... 10 it is, then. Come on, Star, be NICE. Make friends. Don't talk about ghosts. Well, not too much.

Star turned to Estrella and approached her. "Hi! I'm Star," she said in what she hoped was a friendly tone of voice.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:45 pm

I was about to leave the station when I was stopped by district 6. I thought for a moment, I wanted to win the games are get far and to do that I needed allies, six wouldn't be a bad district, I could form a team with them and maybe district elven and possibly nine? Then that'd be Nathan and I, two from six , two from nine, and two from eleven. That'd possibly be eight of us, more than the careers. I was getting ahead of my self, I might not get along with some of the other tributes from the other districts.

Star, was her name and I smiled. "Hello, Star." I say smiling. "Knot-tying's a bit boring, huh." I say mostly speaking in general. I soon reached up and began to tighten my pony tail.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Female Posts : 1194
Birthday : 1997-08-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Nixon Harley

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:52 pm

I was walking over to the knot tying station when I saw two girls. "Hey. I'm Hunter." I said. I turn to Estrella. "Do you want me to teach you some knots?" I said, not even close to mockingly.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Female Posts : 905
Birthday : 1998-09-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Not Tying anything.  94-dianna-agron-1295652713

Silver strode over to the knot tying station. She was hoping to learn some snares or at least some good knots. There were quite a few people already tying knits. "Hello." she said to them. They probably would give her the cold shoulder. That's generally how people treat the careers when they aren't part of the group. But that was their problem. Silver was just here to learn how to tie knots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Star smiled at Estrella. "Yeah, kind of. I hope knots turn out to be useful... we can't exactly afford to waste time. But it's a good station to meet people at without missing to much if you're talking to them, I suppose. And I feel bad for the teacher," she reasoned. When Hunter and Silver came up, Star's smile faltered, but she forced it to stay in position. She recognized Silver, who didn't seem too bad, but she didn't trust the other guy. "Hello again, District 2. I'm Star. Sorry for what I said over by the medicine. I just like looking at blood. And, well, hi, 4..." she trailed off.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Silver shrugged. "No problem Star. My name's Silver." At least no one had started glaring at them yet. That was always off-putting. It didn't really matter though. Silver gazed down at her knot. It was a bit complicated so she concentrated on the rope and nothing else. And her concentration succeeded because the knot turned out just like it was meant to. Silver was already filling her memory with these things. If only she had a photographic memory. It would be so much easier.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:08 pm

I was talking to Star when the district four boy came up. When he offered to teach me knots I raised an eyebrow and laughed. "Yea, right. A career being nice to someone like me, what's your game plan." I say not asking him but just saying something out loud. I turn to Star. "Yea, feels like this station is starting to get crowded." I say and one of my eyes was till fixed on Hunter. I didn't like the way this guy was. He probably didn't like it that Nate and I had showed him up, it wasn't even my fault, it was Nathan's but that didn't matter, I wasn't going to point fingers and I decided to stay calm.

I noticed then that a district two girl had made her way over her. I hadn't had much connection with the career tributes and I didn't want any. They wanted to kill me and I wanted to kill them, not like they'd want me in the pack either, if I was they'd just kill me off and stab me in the back later on down the road. This as also why I didn't like the idea of learning knots from Hunter, I was cautious but didn't show it. I really just wanted to work on my close combat skills though, I needed to before my time was up.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Marnie Kaleen

Wow, that's an absurd amount of people at the knot tying station. I smiled at the instructor, who had an enormous smile on their face. I stood up, brushing my pants off. Like there was anything on them. It was just a habit. "Hi," I said to the girl, supposedly named star. "Hey Silver," I smiled to her.

Last edited by Selene on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 pm

"Hey Marnie." Silver said, smiling. She kept seeing her around here. Like at the long range weapon station. And also at the agility course. Now she had met up here as well. It wasn't all that surprising though. The number of stations here was limited. You were bound to meet people at least twice. But then again, Silver had only seen Flint once, at the agility course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:19 pm

"Hello, 11. Wow, it's crowded over here. Weird."

Once Silver had introduced herself, Marnie had said hi, and Estrella had turned down Hunter's knot-typing assistance offer, Star, bored, was looking around, when she suddenly spotted someone else from 6, and realized it must be Klark Peterson. "Oh, that's where he went..." she muttered, and turned in the direction of Estrella and Marnie. "I'm going to go bug my district partner in a second..." she spun back around and faced the others. "Anyone need to send a message to someone in the melee station? If so, I'd be happy to help," she announced.

Wow, great job, Star. This isn't being nice, this is being oddly friendly and overbearing and desperate in the wrong way. Eh, whatever, maybe it'll work out in my favor. Or maybe it will make people try to avoid me and then they'll forget I exist and I'll win by default when everyone's killed each-other, although that probably isn't going to happen. Besides, I doubt manners are the most important thing around here, and I kind of do have to talk to Klark anyway... after all, are we allies or not? We never really discussed it, and it would be handy to know before everyone's trying to kill eachother. she thought, and put down her rope. "Thanks, knot-tying teacher. Nice to... well, meet you, if tying some knots in rope counts as meeting someone, which I guess it does."
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:30 pm

I frowned at Estrella. "I'm not doing any plan right now. I'm just wondering if you want help. After all, it's only knot tying." I say. Then I grab a rope and begin to tie complex knots.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:39 pm

"Most of you aren't this nice." I point out and look at him for a bit. I was about to open my mouth and say something again but the combat station looked rather filling and the long ranged weapons were calling my name. Well, I could go there right? not show off all my skills but some decent ones right? I didn't see the harm. I wouldn't touch a bow though, also maybe they'd figure out what my strength was if I didn't go to that station so it was decided I was heading there no matter what. Besides I still had some strengths stored up that didn't need to be displayed. "Anyway, thanks for the offer but..It seems a bit crowded over here anyway." I say and slowly back up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Rccheetah
Sock Queen
Rccheetah

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:45 pm

I shrugged. "Suit yourself ten." I tied some more knots, impressing the instructor. I was used to this. It wasn't hard at all. Then I finished up and was ready to move on.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Silver fiddled around with her knots some more. Soon she had mastered all the ones the instructor thought would be useful. That was good enough for her. Silver stood up, stretching her arms. "Well, see you Marnie." she said. Then Silver wLked off to another station.
Back to top Go down
Selene

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Marnie Kaleen

I looked around, seeing as I had been left alone... with Hunter. I shook my head in frustration and sighed. "So you're a Career, right?" I asked Hunter, letting words just come out my mouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Star shrugged, assuming nobody wanted to talk to anyone at the melee station, and walked away. "Oh, well. Bye, people..." she said, noticing how it was gradually becoming less crowded, which she found funny. Star nodded to the teacher, nodded to the tributes, and left.
Back to top Go down
Paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter

Female Posts : 125
Birthday : 1994-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:09 am

I walked over to the knot tying station at examined the supplies. There were a couple of people scattered around and I flashed them all what I hoped to be a brief, but kind smile. I wasn't here to make friends, but I didn't want to scare anyone either. My mentor had told me that this station was important for me and I was going to make t count. I'd have to keep an eye out for Hunter in the arena though, he seemed to be quite skilled and using similar tactics to myself.
Back to top Go down
http://flavors.me/paperbackwriter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Tying anything.    Not Tying anything.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not Tying anything.
Page 1 of 1