The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help with Expanding Posts

Go down 
+2
Balisugar
CaptainHook
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainHook

CaptainHook

Male Posts : 150

Help with Expanding Posts Empty
PostSubject: Help with Expanding Posts   Help with Expanding Posts Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Will somone give me some pointers on expanding my posts? I try to type a long one, but I can't think of somthing origanal every time.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Female Posts : 905
Birthday : 1998-09-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Help with Expanding Posts Left_bar_bleue150/150Help with Expanding Posts Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Help with Expanding Posts   Help with Expanding Posts Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Well, it often helps to introduce a new idea in your post. That way you can write what it is and then write about it. If you can't think of a new idea you could always explain what your character's thinking/feeling. Make them respond in detail to what the other person said. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Help with Expanding Posts Left_bar_bleue150/150Help with Expanding Posts Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Help with Expanding Posts   Help with Expanding Posts Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:25 pm

I am glad that you are posting in here and what not but next time could you wait for me to introduce the section like I did with others. :3 Please and thank you.

Also, Bali is correct.

Also if you describe your character's surroundings and the scents that they may smell and all that it's also great. My favorite to do to expand my posts is to do use what my characters think because it also develops their personalities and people get an inside to what truly goes on in their minds. (:
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Male Posts : 1443
Birthday : 1994-12-20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Help with Expanding Posts Left_bar_bleue400/400Help with Expanding Posts Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
Character Name:: Brook Shields
Alliance:: Victors

PostSubject: Re: Help with Expanding Posts   Help with Expanding Posts Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Generally I make very long Rp posts when there is a dramatic or monumental change occurring nearby generally you can go one of two ways, the 5 W's and one H. Or The senses.

Who
What
When
Where
Why
How

That format is generally used when characters are meeting for the first time. It is not uncommon at a first meeting for someone to review all of their time settings or to reacquaint themselves to their environment with a person as well. Let's break it down.

Who, Who is your character meeting, are there rumors you've heard about them? Do you not like their first impression. Remember First impressions are usually determined within the first 30 seconds of a meeting, so it's important to react accordingly.

What, What is the purpose of this meeting? Are you two tributes who know little about each other? What will be your course of action to make your first impression?

When, What time is it? Are you late for something? Early? Did you happen to meet this person by chance in the street because you went to school earlier or later than you usually do. Time is always a big factor in novels. Make sure to throw it into your post every now and then.

Where, Where are you? Where is that snack machine you came here for? Where is your boy or girlfriend? Placement and setting play a HUGE role in every post you make, don't neglect it or it will make for a dry roleplay.

Why, Why are you still here in this situation? Why did you bother coming here in the first place? Why bother. Why is seen as the biggest question on the list. Make sure to at least reference it or your post structure will have a hard time holding up.

How, How did you get here? How is it you are still alive? How do you plan on putting a knife in your buddy's back? This is a broad question and need not be answered every time, but it's always nice to throw it in every now and then.

The other post format I use is what I call the 5 senses. It's where you go through each of the senses you possess and then right them out as your character. The trick here though is not going through your sentences and just talking about what you hear and see, it's the transitions and making your post flow smoothly. Which is something that you can define by your personal writing style alone.

Hope I helped, if not, Bacon. And now that I've definitely helped, have a good day.
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergamesrp.rpg-board.net
Kira

Kira

Female Posts : 389
Birthday : 1993-09-10

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Help with Expanding Posts   Help with Expanding Posts Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:27 pm

If it's difficult for me to at least have 4 sentences I rely mainly on my character's thoughts. That helps sometimes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with Expanding Posts   Help with Expanding Posts Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Dark, you know this topic is like.... almost a year old, right? xD
Back to top Go down
JeromeOf6
The Doctor
JeromeOf6

Male Posts : 607
Birthday : 1999-02-10

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Sagittaria Silverhand
Alliance:: None

PostSubject: Re: Help with Expanding Posts   Help with Expanding Posts Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Helpful advice is still helpful advice, no matter how old XD.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Female Posts : 389
Birthday : 1993-09-10

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Help with Expanding Posts   Help with Expanding Posts Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:39 pm

I know. I just needed somewhere to test a theory I had
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with Expanding Posts   Help with Expanding Posts Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Okie-dokie then! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Expanding Posts   Help with Expanding Posts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with Expanding Posts
Page 1 of 1