The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Archery Maybe?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Balisugar

Balisugar

Female Posts : 905
Birthday : 1998-09-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Archery Maybe? Left_bar_bleue150/150Archery Maybe? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Archery Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Archery Maybe?   Archery Maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Archery Maybe? Create.php?text=Ariana%20Fox&name=Little days
Archery Maybe? Tumblr_m7sbt4ua5W1r8wvvh

Ariana Fox looked around her expectantly as she reached the Training Gym. This was usually a big time in the preparation for the Games. Lots of alliances were made here. Ariana probably wouldn't get any except for Hudson though. She was way too small and she didn't really have any weaponry skills. Unless she had an undiscovered talent, but that was unlikely. Everybody else made their way off to a station. They all seemed to know what they wanted. So Ariana walked over to the Ranged Station. It was empty so far, and she'd always wanted to try archery.

"Hmmm." Ariana murmured as she looked over tue variety of bows that sat on the table. There were so many. Black ones, brown ones and even some grey ones. They were also in every size possible. And the arrows. Well. Plastic ones, feather ones and even ones that looked like they had leaf on them. Ariana really didn't know where to begin. So she picked a light brown wooden bow that looked around her size. Then she picked up a pretty feathered arrow, Mai my because it was appealing to her. Then she patiently listened to the instructor as he told her how to fire the arrow so that it would at least hit the target. Then she drew back the arrow string, took careful aim and fired at the target. It was just a regular bulls-eye target; no fancy human ones for her. The arrow sailed though the air and landed right on the edge of the target. Ariana smiled very slightly, at least she had hit the target. That was when she noticed she had company.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Archery Maybe? Left_bar_bleue1/1Archery Maybe? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

Archery Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery Maybe?   Archery Maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Archery Maybe? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVP8YxrCPoW784LHLdh3g0nL6L9xs3cfSq8am-27NS9ErkuBMxIFM_Bzhx
After a moment of indecision, I wander over to the archery station. Why not learn some ranged weapons? That would keep me from getting to close to other tributes in the arena. Once I get there, I see another tribute already there. I don't know who she is, but I can tell she's probably only 12 or 13. She's already practicing with a bow, but the instructor tells me to go ahead and pick out a bow and start on a different target.
Once I pick out a bow, a strong re-curve made of some type of metal, the instructor tells me how to shoot. I pull back the string and let the arrow fly. It hits the hand of the human target I'm aiming at, nowhere near the head that I was originally going for. Crestfallen, I get another arrow and start to reload. Then I realize that the girl must have noticed me finally, so I give her a little wave, "Hi there" I say, trying to be friendly.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar

Balisugar

Female Posts : 905
Birthday : 1998-09-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Archery Maybe? Left_bar_bleue150/150Archery Maybe? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Archery Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery Maybe?   Archery Maybe? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Archery Maybe? Create.php?text=Ariana%20Fox&name=Little days
Archery Maybe? Tumblr_m7sbt4ua5W1r8wvvh

Ariana was a bit taken aback as the guy was so friendly. Great, now she had to answer him. Even though they were in a completely different situation from home, Ariana could still remember her mother's warnings of stranger danger. But surely she could have a chat with this guy. He seemed nice enough, and he wouldn't be able to hurt her until the actual Games. "Hello." Ariana said slightly shyly. This guy was quite a bit older than her. But, then again, most people here were. Only that District 8 girl was her age. Ariana snapped out of her thoughts as she realized she was meant to be learning archery. She pulled another arrow back and let it loose. This time it hit the ring second from the edge. Well, at least she was improving.
Back to top Go down

Archery Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery Maybe?   Archery Maybe? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Heather meandered over after eating and ignored the other tributes, picking up a bow and arrow with disgust. She preferred close combat, but archery seemed a useful tool to learn. Let's see... she thought to herself, watching the instructor teach someone else and copying their movements. She struggled a bit with notching the arrow, but once she got it on there, the rest came naturally. She stood to the side, pulled the string back to her cheek, and let the back of the arrow go with her fingers. The arrow shot forward with a dramatic hiss but landed in the circle farthest from the center of the target. Heather cursed and tried again, getting a little closer, but her next try landed her way over on a different wall. An instructor saw her trouble and came over to help, correcting little things like where her fingers were and how she aimed. Heather tried again and got a shot in semi-close to the middle. She tried shooting one at a dummy and accidentally hit the knee when she was aiming for the stomach, but it was good enough for her.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Archery Maybe? Left_bar_bleue1/1Archery Maybe? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

Archery Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery Maybe?   Archery Maybe? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:13 pm

I shrug at the girl's simple response; it's understandable that she didn't want to talk much. I finish reloading and fire again, this time hitting the shoulder. As I set up for my next arrow, another girl shows up. I give her a little nod of encouragement before firing again. This time I hit the head, almost perfect. I smile and get ready for another shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Archery Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery Maybe?   Archery Maybe? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archery Maybe?
Page 1 of 1