The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Glorious escape and the price that was paid

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyoming

Wyoming

Male Posts : 197
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Glorious escape and the price that was paid Left_bar_bleue301/301Glorious escape and the price that was paid Empty_bar_bleue  (301/301)
Character Name:: Lyre Kovak
Alliance:: None

Glorious escape and the price that was paid Empty
PostSubject: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Marcelina had miraculously made it out of the hornet's nest. she wasn't sure how long it would be till they came out of there, or if Aaron had escaped, but at this point, she needed to figure out where she was and what her next battle plan would be. besides, it wasn't like she was in tip-top shape either anyways.
she found herself in a field where four towers loomed over her. she didn't really see anything in any of them that stood out, and so she randomly jogged eastward and decided to see that that tower contained. If it was her versus the gamemakers... she'd accept the challenge. if she was condemned to die, she'd rather have them take her anyways, because they wouldn't gloat over her dying body in her final moments.

she peered inside the tower to get a look around.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Glorious escape and the price that was paid Left_bar_bleue150/150Glorious escape and the price that was paid Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:28 am

Things were quiet here.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Glorious escape and the price that was paid Left_bar_bleue301/301Glorious escape and the price that was paid Empty_bar_bleue  (301/301)

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:51 am

after hearing no noise, Marcelina stepped inside and decided to get a better look around, trying to see if there was anything that stood out about this tower, or if there were any items of any kind in here. the silence of the first floor made her decide to search out a flight of stairs to climb to the next floor.
she scanned this one as well, listening for sounds, and also looking around the room for anything that seemed out of place, or anything that could be used as a weapon, or for that matter... anything at all.

she was still breathing edgily, since she had just escaped imminent death, even if it was only temporarily. it had been a close run, and even if she had just staved off death for a few minutes, or hours, or possibly even days if she was lucky... it was still some more time to draw breath, and she was thankful for it.
hopefully she could find something or somewhere in this tower that she could use as a vantage point if or when other tributes came in after her.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Glorious escape and the price that was paid Left_bar_bleue150/150Glorious escape and the price that was paid Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Over in the other side of the room was a chest, it could contain anything.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:00 pm

Marcelina approached the chest; she also looked around the walls to see if there were any doors, windows, or openings.

once she reached the chest, she cautiously lifted the lid to see what was inside, on her toes, ready to jump backwards in case it was some kind of trap.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Inside a chest, at first seemed to be nothing, after a few moments a mutt jumped out and latched onto Marcelina and clawed her.

(Mutt has 80 hp)

Sorella carried out 1 launched of one MUTT :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
^----- - 15, I edited this post soo yea. It's negative 15.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Marcelina wondered how long that mutt had been there, or if the gamemakers had been waiting to materialize it right then and there the moment she lifted the lid.

still, she had been prepared, and so brought her axe up towards her face and chest, hoping to block the attack. if she failed to block the mutt, hopefully she could at least hit it with the blade.
Wyoming carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Wyoming carried out 1 launched of one Attack(5) :
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:54 pm

The mutt got angry and clawed at Marcelina again hoping for a bigger damage.

(Mutt health = 65 hp)

Sorella carried out 1 launched of one MUTT :
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:11 am

Rafe Terrn

Rafe got to the top of the tower and heard a ruckus. Well, he had another name for it, noise and fighting, but Sir fancy vocab up in his cranium was currently impressing upon him the need for an expansive knowledge of words, to which his counterpoint was "I don't need fancy words to stab someone". That shut him up, but the nagging had taken its toll. He soon found Marci fighting some sort of mutt after following the noises and grinned, he sprinted into the fray, taking a wild swing at Marci to open. "Did you miss us?" he shouted, his voice strong and resolute, unlike the one that represented him in his head.

Loki carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) :
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:41 am

---District 2---Female---18---

Lenina followed behind both Rafe and Heather, she really liked bringing up the rear. Not because she was slow, on the contrary she was quite nimble and quick on her feet but she wasn't the most friendly person so being in the back away from her allies seemed the most fitting area for her to be at. She kept to herself, pondering mainly her next moves. Well once the other tributes are gone and we hit the final three it will be time for the pack to disintegrate. I have an agreement with Rafe, but honestly who isn't to say he won't turn on me now and get rid of me. I would want to get rid of me, I'm his biggest competition. She just kept the mind stored in the back of her head for now. Knowing Rafe he was all for whatever was best for the pack, and when he did turn around and attack her she knew that she would be ready.

Lenina entered the towers and was greeted with Marcelina now fighting some mutt. It looked like there was another ratty thing that wanted to scratch the girl's eyes out. She grinned as Rafe spoke, "Of course she missed us Rafe, we are such good company. Is this your new place Five? It really is nice and homey. I even brought you a house warming gift." Lenina ran ahead with the axe and swiped at the girl with full force. She didn't even wait to see if the attack hit before she jumped back. "No need to thank me, the look on your face is thanks enough." Lenina waited, poised for another attack or to even block if she needed to.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Attack(2) :
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:57 am

For once, Heather decided to shut up and focus on the killing bit as she stalked into the tower. This must be what the other tributes feel like, she realized, waving cheerfully at Marcelina. Funny. It's so drawl, but it kind of make you feel powerful. Like a game-maker, just observing... She reached back and grabbed the other knife from her quiver. One for dear Marcie, one for the mutt... unless it kills her, in which case it gets a hug and I just stab her carcass again for good measure. Heather nodded to herself, advancing forwards and positioning herself so that Marcelina was between her and the mutt. She spun around, her hair probably getting all tangled, and slashed downwards with the knives, twisting them up again afterwards and returning to her spot behind Rafe. She wasn't stupid. Anything trying to kill her enemies could gladly be in front. Just made things easier, and helped keep Heather from tangling her luscious hair. Now, that would just be devastating! she thought to herself in all seriousness. Perish the thought!

Guest carried out 1 launched of one Attack(7) :
Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:01 am

[WYOMING EDIT: learned I couldn't block and SA. mah bad.]

"y'know..." Marcelina remarked, thinking about attempting a block towards Len's attack, which looked like it was set on doing the most damage,but then deciding to go out in a much cooler style. "if you talked less and learned to fight more, I would have probably died back in the tunnels. if you're going to kill me, what sort of dazzling incompetence among you idiots is making you take so long?"

she decided that, just for kicks, she was going to do the unthinkable, and make a break for it. in her efforts to bust away, she grabbed her axe and swung it in a spinning motion. she highly doubted that it would affect the careers, but it was worth a shot, and it was a good attempt at getting them out of her way as she made a break for it.
Wyoming carried out 1 launched of one Specialty :
[original: success. go figure? o.o]
Wyoming carried out 1 launched of one Escape :
[original: 3 turns]
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Glorious escape and the price that was paid Left_bar_bleue1/1Glorious escape and the price that was paid Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:15 am

I was breathing heavy from running and narrowly escaping the careers. Once I had gotten into the tower, I collapsed against the wall, hidden in shadow. That's why they didn't see me and went straight for Marci. After a second, I was up and charging in, pumping on adrenaline now. I took my place beside Marci and tried to block Lenina's attack before stabbing my sword at Len. I glance around for any route of escape that we can use.
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) :
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Escape :
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:16 am

No change
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Rafe Terrn

Rafe felt Marci hit him with her axe, he didn't bother checking what was hit. Aaron showed up out of the black and blocked Len's attack, so Rafe turned to him, enraged. 'Kill him!' the gruff voices shouted, egging him on, the third voice, rather forgiving and polite, made a surprising statement in its childlike voice, 'I think hes right, just put this guy out of his misery', with that, Rafe was convinced. He moved to block Aaron's attack, before channeling his rage into a savage stab at the boy, knowing a good hit was all it would take.

^-30 Leg Hit
Loki carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
^Added in
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Lenina heard the sound of footsteps coming from behind her and she turned to see the boy from District 10 running towards her. He managed to block the attack on the girl from five that she had dealt out and now attempted to hit her. She rolled to the side to try and avoid the attack and while she was still crouching she threw her body upwards with the axe readied. She swiped at District Five again with a new fury in her eyes. The girl would be dead soon, and this time before she could be a coward and flee. She wouldn't lose her cool though, Lenina wasn't the type to lose her cool.

Ariiyoko carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:16 am

Damn it! I hate missing! Heather thought angrily. It wasn't something anybody particularly enjoyed, she knew, but she was glad she hadn't goded Marcelina up too much beforehand that time. Apart from that, all was well. Heather didn't really care what was going on as long as she helped block and both Marcelina and the boy from 10 ended up dead, dead, dead. So kill, kill, kill, Heather told herself, grinning eerily. She tried to decide which one to go for. Well, I don't want Marcie making it to the final four, or final six, or whatever we're up to now, but we could just finish Aaron off and be done with that, then all go for.... ugh, I don't even want to say her name again. Why won't that chick just die? Heather decided eventually to observe the movements of the other careers and act based on her judgement of that. She was reminded of the setup in the tunnels and struck down at Marcie again.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:24 am

Apparently the fates didn't wish for her to escape just yet... but in a matter of time, she would. first things... blocking, and attacking. first the blocking so she couldn't get her chest split open, and then the retaliating. she wanted the odd girl out dead the most... the one that seemed to think she was Ms. hot stuff when in reality, Marcelina knew that she wouldn't last more than 11 seconds in a 1-on-one with the District 2 girl. it was more or less at this point that the harsh reality came over her--she was probably going to die.

didn't mean she was going to simply fall by the wayside. nah, she'd go out kicking and screaming... or at least blocking and slashing.
she aimed to block the blow from the darker girl, since she packed much more of a punch (or a slash, in this case). however, this enabled her to take a hit from the girl she wanted dead the most, and so she retaliated towards her with a swipe of her axe.

Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Glorious escape and the price that was paid Left_bar_bleue1/1Glorious escape and the price that was paid Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:48 am

Stay alive, stay alive...I say it over and over again in my head. Rafe brings his sword down in an attack that could be the end of me. I raise my sword to block the attack, to survive a little longer. I'm not sure If I succeeded or not when I step away and stab at my attacker.
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Cowvus carried out 1 launched of one Attack(Other) :
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:49 am

Marcelina's hit from awhile ago was now just noticed, no Heather she had a deep gash in her stomach and it started to bleed out. (I meant to do this last gm post but forgot.)

Sorella carried out 1 launched of one TRAP :
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Rafe Terrn

I watch as Aaron makes one last stab at me before dropping to the floor, finally dead and out of his misery. I sidestep to try and get out of the way of his final efforts before turning towards the District Five girl, Marci. "Looks like its just you and us" he said, he saw Heather's gash and pulled out his medkit, he quickly found some gauze and tossed the roll to her. "Patch that up or it will get worse!" he says, putting away his medkit and stepping towards the group to take a swipe at Marci.

Loki carried out 1 launched of one Block(Other) :
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Heather cursed as blood gushed out of her stomach. The injury itself was just an injury, but she hated that Marcie was the one to cause it while Heather herself had only given the other girl some random injuries, nothing major. She grabbed the medkit out of the air with a grateful nod, removing a bandage and a tube of something that looked disinfectant-y. Heather took a second off from attacking Marcelina and spread the serum over her stomach, wrapping it tightly with the bandage. She took a breath, tossed the medicine kit back to Rafe with an honest smile, and returned her focus to murdering Marcelina. She sighed. "Just die already... this is getting boring," she complained, slashing at her with a knife.

Guest carried out 1 launched of one Heal(Other) :

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:28 pm

The boy from District 10 was dead now and there was only one person left from the biggest alliance in the games. The girl from District 5. They wouldn't have another victor this year, she was almost determined to make sure it didn't happen. But as her allies started missing she knew that she had to get at least one hit in on the girl, even if she blocked she couldn't miss her attack. She wouldn't allow herself to miss, that was something that Lenina didn't believe in. She gripped her axe, figuring that closer combat was better in this situation. She was quick on her feet and could block most attacks. She ran ahead towards the girl and stepped towards the side, in an attempt to make her hit harder to block or at least give her allies an opening by taking the attention off of them. She pivoted on the balls of her feet and using her momentum she swung her arm towards the girl's torso.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming

Wyoming

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Marcelina did feel a little remorse for the fact that Aaron had died this way; and that she had left him in such a hurry, but now was not the time to think about such things. ultimately, her goal was still the same--win, or at least put off death as long as possible.

the fact that she injured the girl from '7 at long last did make her smirk in gratification. she wasn't the smug little brat that she was when she was on the receiving end now, was she? or was it that she was flanked with the two most powerful tributes in the games? she doubted that she herself would live long enough to find out, but it was still an interesting thought.

"I figured I'd be dead right now," she leered, knowing that her stupid insults often got under that girl's skin, "but apparently you all lack the skill to kill me nice and proper."
she dodged Heather's attack, and swung her axe to block Len's strike, which she had jumped back into. moments later, she spun it back around, aiming another attack at the District 7 girl.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Marcelina was now able to escape although she couldn't leave the towers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glorious escape and the price that was paid   Glorious escape and the price that was paid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glorious escape and the price that was paid
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next