The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sometimes People Leave You

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sometimes People Leave You Empty
PostSubject: Sometimes People Leave You   Sometimes People Leave You Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Evie had left the power plant to go to the reaping, figuring the gang wouldn't care, as they hardly knew her, and was almost not surprised when she, once again, was reaped. She was surprised when Solstice, who was practically her sister, volunteered for her. Evie was tired of getting people killed, or at least in trouble, and she figured she had used up all her credit with whoever controlled luck when Rhea got out alive. Evie had planned to finally let fate have it's way and go into the games, and then... suddenly, she was without a best friend. She had gone to the goodbyes and everything, and was amazed at actually how much of a bonding experience that was. Evie was pretty sure she knew everything there was to know about Solstice, shocked to know she hadn't already known it, and vice versa.

Evie didn't know where to go, so she headed to the Ravine, as the usually misty atmosphere of District 5 meant there were puddles galore, and she wondered if the Ravine might flood, letting her float away from everything that had happened. It was the closest Evie would allow herself to come to a drastic measure. She didn't want to waste Solstice's sacrifice. Evie splashed about in the puddles and collapsed against a sort of wall. "So what now?" she wondered aloud, blowing a piece of hair out of her face, and not knowing what to do. Evie was generally lost without her friends, and Solstice was such a big part of her life that she didn't even feel like she had a purpose anymore.

Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Sometimes People Leave You Left_bar_bleue135/150Sometimes People Leave You Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes People Leave You   Sometimes People Leave You Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Micah Victorson

--------------------

Micah had been watching the activities of the tributes in the recent Hunger Games. There was only one tribute from District five left, leaving them with a not-so-good of chance of winning again this year. And worst of all, it happened to be Solstice who volunteered. Most people were surprised to see that Evie had been reaped yet again. Micah simply figured she was having just the worst of luck. Some people in their little district five gang were worried about her. Micha decided to go see how she was doing, even though he wasn't all that great with words. He saw she had been spending a bunch of time down at the ravine, so he tried down there first.
Micah saw her, just sitting there upset and talking to herself. That was very un-Evie. She was normally the one who brightened everyone's day when they were feeling down. Even though Micah didn't care for Evie particularly to much when she first signed up, had grown to love her bouncy and excited ways.

"Hey," Micah says sitting down next to her. He had brought Skeeter with him, and when the husky saw Evie, went over to lick her face before resting his head on her lap.
Micah wasn't sure what to say after that.
He didn't want to say everything would be okay, because everything wouldn't be okay. In fact, it rarely ever was. He thought about resting his hand on her shoulder the way some of his foster parents had done, or rub her back they way other of his foster parents had done when their own kids had nightmare's. Micah never understood why.

"You keep living," Micah says after a moment of silence and answering her question. "All the foster parents I ever had? They never treated me like I was their own. And I hated every one of them. When you don't know what else to do... you just have to keep living." Micah laughed after he listened to what he just said, and turned to face Evie. "That's really cheesy. I'm no good with words. He said.

--------------------

((Hey der rainy, I know this is an older-ish topic and that you're currently doing a school play or something but I felt the need to post here anyway. Didn't notice it until now.))
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes People Leave You   Sometimes People Leave You Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 10:44 pm

((It's okay, Pip, I just didn't want to have to worry about inactivity. Right now I haven't had a lot of homework because the majority of it always comes from math and I had a math test recently so we were correcting it and stuff. [I got a C/C+ Sad]))

Evie looked up at someone approached. It was Micah. She didn't really speak to him much, but she didn't mind him as a person. Then she felt something lick her hand, and glanced down at it, but smiled once she saw who it was. Just a dog. Evie gave the dog a gentle stroke on the head. After a few moments of silence, Micah began to talk. Evie sat quietly and listened, something she hardly ever would normally do, and considered each statement as its best. When he was done, she smiled. "Thanks... and don't worry, it's not cheesy. It's sweet." She sighed. "That really sucks about your foster parents. But like you said- life goes on, and you keep living. What else can you do?" Evie narrowed her eyes, thoughtful. "It's just... when someone's a big part of your life and have involvement in everything you do... it's not just sadness about them being gone. It's like I don't know what to do. They're not just gone, but everything they ever did is gone, like they never existed. It's not right, but that's how it feels, because Solstice leaving doesn't just take one aspect of my life away, it changes each and every thing about me. She was always just... I dunno, there, and now she's not." Evie closed her eyes and took a breath. "I'm tired of being sad, and I don't want to make you sad, too. We should go back to the Umbrae. They're going to be accusing people and honestly a distraction is probably the best way to deal with pain, if you ask me." Evie stood up and brushed her hands off on her jeans. "That okay with you?"

Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Sometimes People Leave You Left_bar_bleue135/150Sometimes People Leave You Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes People Leave You   Sometimes People Leave You Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Micah Victorson

--------------------

Micah shrugged at Evie's compliment. He knew she was just being nice. What he said did sound pretty cheesy. It's advise that one of your grandparents would give you, and then give you a butterscotch. He listened to what she said about people leaving, when they die. Like they never existed. Like his own mom and dad, Micah barely knew them. But he never really experienced someone close to him dying before. Micah wasn't the type of guy to get to close to people, anyway.
"Sometimes being sad can lead to being killed if your not careful." Micah says bluntly. When people grieve, they do stupid things. And stupid things lead to death, or accidents. Which also can lead to death. "You can head back to Umbrae if you want. I honestly don't feel like doing another job for Miss Grumpy who grumbles at every piece of bad news I give her." Micah says. Skeeter trots over to Micah, and licks his face. Micah in return gives him a friendly push, and the dog lies down in the warm sun. "I don't even really know what we're fighting for. I'm just in it for the money."

--------------------
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes People Leave You   Sometimes People Leave You Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Evie giggled. "Well yes, Val can be a bit grumpy, but Bob makes it totally worthwhile. That guy is a genius." She sniffed, wiping her eyes. Evie had stopped crying, but her face was damp. She hopped into another puddle on instinct, splashing murky water everywhere. "Oh right, just the money, not the 'bad boy' reputation being in a gang gets you, and all the swooning girls that come along with it," she teased, kicking some water up at Micah. Evie didn't care much for that sort of thing. She just wanted to make friends. But setting other people up was always fun. "Don't worry. Life doesn't have to be perfect. Nothing's ever perfect. It doesn't need to be. It can't be. It just has to be good enough, and that's all." She sighed. "Or at least that's the way I try to see it. No use hoping for everything to go right hen you know at least something's bound to go wrong. Not that it's helpful to be mopey and pessimistic about everything, either, though. Just to accept what happens. Wanting something better is fine, striving for it even, but expecting it to be possible?" She shook her head. "That brings about chaos."

Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes People Leave You   Sometimes People Leave You Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Micah Victorson

--------------------

Micah felt that he was being lectured about people not being perfect. That one should 'strive for perfection' knowing that they can never reach it. He mimicked a person from the Capitol in his head. But Micah really did like Evie, and her silly ways. He hated seeing her down. Evie was the sun in a storm. So he just nodded, but bit his tongue, knowing that if he said something it'd be vile. "Mhmm." He tries to smile. "I could honestly care less about swooning girls. I can barely take care of myself. And having a girlfriend to watch out for too? That's why I don't think I'd have any kids.It's a tough world out there. And with the Games every year, brings even more trouble." Micah shrugs. He stands up and looks at Evie. "If you want to head back to Umbrae, I suppose we could. I was told to watch out here for any Cordis Die, but I hardly suspect that they'll come during the day." Micah had never been with Cordis Die, but he knew that they were smarter then to launch an attack at the ravine in the middle of the day.

--------------------
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes People Leave You   Sometimes People Leave You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sometimes People Leave You
Page 1 of 1