The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How much have your posts improved?

Go down 
+5
Sorella
Emzink
Loki
Kira
Pibbles
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
How much have your posts improved? Left_bar_bleue135/150How much have your posts improved? Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

How much have your posts improved? Empty
PostSubject: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 pm

So I was just scrolling through the sight on my mom's IPad when I decided to check out some of my really early posts...

one of the first posts I ever made:

Which I guess is okay. But then I looked at the posts when we were chatting on the forum:

Spoiler:

and this...:

And I look back and realize what an annoying 12-year-old I was.

So what about you guys? How have your posts changed? How mature have you gotten sense you first joined this site?
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
Kira

Kira

Female Posts : 389
Birthday : 1993-09-10

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
How much have your posts improved? Left_bar_bleue150/150How much have your posts improved? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm

I've only been on the site since like a few months now...so...ya. But, I have posted in Snitchseeker and it's tought me not to post as other people. Stick to your own character. That sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
How much have your posts improved? Left_bar_bleue150/150How much have your posts improved? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Well, one of my early posts elsewhere included "Choked on his own Stench"

I like to think I've rested at that pinnacle of maturity. Its quite the astounding achievement.

Gaz\'s Smilie
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

Female Posts : 258
Birthday : 1999-04-21

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:58 pm

My first post in character
I walked up and down the streets, waiting. The games seemed to take FOREVER to get here now that I was elligable again. I wondered if I would be chosen or if I would have to volenteer. My thoughts were interupted by somone walking twards me. "G'day." I nodded politely. "What's your name?"

My first character
District: 2 [Masonry]

Unknown birth family

Wealth: Middle Class

History: When I was younger my family sent me away to live in a training facility so that could win the games. I worked day and night to prepare. I was voted best in my class when I was 9, and I made a few friends. The only thing I know about my past before the 'Center was that I think I may have had a brother. When I was 13 I was adopted into the Bell family so that I could legally volenteer for the games. I still visit the 'center often.

Appearace: See Photo. Cass has messy brown/red hair and brown eyes. Her freckles are her favorite feature. She is 5' 3'' and has bangs. Her muscles are toned.

Personality: Cass is arrogant, ambitious, beautiful, cunning, and prepared. What she wants most in the world is to win the games and meet her proud family. She is quite happy at the training center but knows that if she does not win the games, her whole life would have been a waste. Cass's oddest trait is that she is alergic to beans. Her favorite old movie is Pirates of Penzance.

No pets

Weapon of Choice: Bow and Arrow a throwing knife

Talents: Trained, Precise, Accurate, Flexible (Can handle variables).

Flaw: Procrastinates, Cocky.

Other:

Quote - “Pfft! Yeah right, like I’m gonna lose?”

Angle - Feisty, Confident

Wow. I forgot how much I'd changed in the little time that I've been here.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Well for me, I'm not going to go based on the site or whatever, even though I've almost been here a year, anyway, I think I matured most in my three years over on another site, I mean, I was fairly terrible back when I was a youngster but the thing is, when you're so horrid at writing you never think you are, you just think you're great and stuff like that. I used to be absolutely retched with grammar too.

Anyway in a span of two years, I grew as a writer, until now. Where on that other site I'm always messaged to do literate(high class, I guess) roleplays with them. I usually decline though. Anyway I came a long way in three years.

I used to be fairly pushy too Razz
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Yea, you were pretty horrid Razz

But now you're awesome xD
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Well I'd like to say that my writing style have changed to become one of my own since I've started rping in general. Razz In our syllabus of English, it's always be forced into our brains for essays; Always start a new paragraph when starting a speech. Never have too mcuh dialogue. Don't be ambitious and start writing fight scenes, you must be crazy to do that and you'd fail. Don't write about supernatural stuff. Stick to the everyday usual problems that your examiner can relate. Write personal recounts 'cause your life was Sooooo fun.

And then I found the very first rp post I did back in 2010 in another site, thinking about it now, it humored me so xD

very first post in rping (with a jerkface NPC that's put in place):

God. All them paragraphs. Razz I did what I was made to do all my years but then I learnt that writing wasn't that rigid. (then I had to maintain two writing styles, my own in rping and school xD)

More interestingly in a way I've change would be fight posts. When I came here I knew nuts about vocabs, terminology for anything violent since we were never taught nor exposed to write stuff like this. What was I getting myself into when I joined here a year ago? I had no clue Razz All I knew was "He swung his sword" "he blocked the attack" and "He shot an arrow" . literally. And then I started getting bored with my lack of knowledge and research and google came along. Very Happy It's amazing how using a bit of fancy terminology (that you pretend you know) can make it look so much cooler Cool

A random among the first few posts in my first games (28th) Razz:

latest post in my second games, the 31st games:

I daresay I learnt quite a bit in my one year here minus the hiatus period of about 3-4 months Razz Maturity? psh, I'm way too young at heart for that. Rainbowless Nyan Cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 pm

I doubt I could find my first RP post ever, but on this site... hm... I think it got deleted/archived, I can try to find it...

HAY GUESS WHAT

THEY WERE IN GRAVEYARD Very Happy

This is my first post here, but it's a very early one that was shorter than my first post and I didn't want to have it all clogging up space. x_x

early hg rainy post:

No, no, not bad enough.... not good, obviously, but just wait...

This was I think my first or one of my first forum RP sites. I was like 10-11, so don't judge me. xD

Also, because I was li'l Rain and thought myself and my age all mature, I made my characters around my age at the time... then now that I'm looking at it, other people who joined (it was my forum RP) started making their characters a similar age... and I dunno, maybe it's just to relate, but I find it a biiiiit creepy. Also I changed them like crazy when I got bored. Names, appearances, personalities, superpowers (pretty much every RP I joined on this forum had superpowers), everything. Actually, I'm surprised, but both of my RP threads were at the top of the RP page section thingy.... maybe it remembered me? Maybe someone revived them? (I hope not. I'm getting a bit weirded out. And I think this one supposedly 11-year-old was like stalking my RP's because he/she/ithinkitwasahe was in ALL of them... erugh) Also, some of the people there (including me) had... interesting grammar. But here ya go.

slightly earlier rainy posts (they are short):

I started with what I think of a 'gateway RP' and also possibly the bane of the RP world... Warrior Cat RP's. Yup. I was OBSESSED.

Kill me now.

EDIT: Actually, I found this little Mary-Sue gem of mine.

mary sue problems also i named an NPC after my sister's now ex bf 0_o:

I also used the word 'fightfulness' in that charrie's description. What the hell is fightfulness?

And I posted like 5 times in a row. RPing. With myself. Yeah. I'd like to say I've improved. I hope.

And I found out why it was bumped to the top. Somebody (rightfully) said, "I have No words For this Topic ......."

Annnnnnnnnnd I'm going to go hide my face forever now.
Back to top Go down
Sno
Panda King
Panda King
Sno

Male Posts : 1443
Birthday : 1994-12-20

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
How much have your posts improved? Left_bar_bleue400/400How much have your posts improved? Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
Character Name:: Brook Shields
Alliance:: Victors

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:58 am

Have I matured? LOL. Not even slightly. A Panda's keyboarding skills are only as good as the bamboo he eats. Skills I've developed have been because of outside sources, and I use those in my online interactions. It's relatively easy to type out a few pages worth of writing in a post for me. I've had many an experience with this partially because of outside life, but also a large majority due to the fact that I would get into some situation every 6 or so months and end up defending myself, which, if you know me, I never do in less than 300 pages.

My grammar has also not improved in the slightest, other people could tell more than me that I've improved. If at all.

EDIT: On another note I forgot to address, this site turned two years old three days ago.
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergamesrp.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 am

:O

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE SITE THEN GOSHDARNIT!!!

How much have your posts improved? BEMKOM2

How much have your posts improved? Tumblr_mb68ug9VVb1rnxf9c
How much have your posts improved? Tumblr_inline_mhbdh1faWs1qz4rgp
How much have your posts improved? Tumblr_mehbqioAhF1roxm3n
How much have your posts improved? Tumblr_mehdd8vyad1r5p9x1
How much have your posts improved? Tumblr_mc038gXfML1ro2d43
How much have your posts improved? Tumblr_lw7dgl7wgF1qe30nf
How much have your posts improved? Tumblr_me9q8y7yPG1rmp8xao1_500
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:07 pm

I'd have to say I'm the same as Sno. Have I matured...no. Also since I have long left school I have not learned new things in school like my younger peers may have. The only thing I can really say has improved has been the posting code I use. My older posts with Rhea had no color besides her dialogue and no header or even picture. Of course those made sense because I posted some on my phone and it wasnt like I had gifs like do now for her fc. If anything I have made things simpler on my end as far as codes and it looking nice. But content wise I feel as though it is exactly the same. My grammar and writing style hasn't really improved or evolved. Though I am the worst person to make that judgement about myself
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Male Posts : 442
Birthday : 1997-08-08

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Character Name:: Drew Walker

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 pm

I like to think that I haven't really changed in my RP length, I mean here was one
Its a lot to read:

And but if you actually read it, I have horrible grammar and bad sentence structure..... now I'd like to believe its better than that...

Now for my charries? I have surely increased...
Just promise you wont judge? I was like 10:

And one from now...

still don't judge, i'm no god here... But He is my favorite:
Back to top Go down
http://idiosynkratick.tumblr.com/
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:57 pm

@Light I remember seeing that Character when you first made him on CHB.
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 pm

yeah it was terrible haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:45 pm

I don't even... hey, wait a minute, that character looks familiar! Oh yeah, because that's pretty much exactly how my characters used to be, except they were all "BA" girls who were better than everyone else, especially guys. xD But yea. I feel ya, bro.
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Eh... We are all entitled to our own opinions no matter how wrong yours is Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:12 am

I meant the first one... the 'before' character... reminds me of mine... because I tried to make them special. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much have your posts improved?   How much have your posts improved? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much have your posts improved?
Page 1 of 1