The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

District 5 Train

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 5 Train Left_bar_bleue150/150District 5 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 3:25 am

District 5 Train Tumblr_inline_mhvgs75X9F1qz4rgp
District 5 Train Rheanamebanner
---District 5 Mentor---Female---18---

It was that time once more, the time of year when two tributes were picked and forced from their lives and their families and forced here onto this train where they would have to meet her and somehow come to terms with what was going to take place over the next few weeks. Rhea was used to it now though, it wasn't that long ago that she was in the same position as each of the tributes chosen, except so far the main difference was that she had actually made it back and unfortunately the 6 tributes that have come through those metallic doors since she had taken over as the District 5 mentor had not been so lucky. But maybe it would be different this year, she could only hope that that was the case. Rhea just sat now in her nicely furnished room as she prepared herself for the tributes to arrive. They are probably still saying their goodbyes, she thought to herself as she looked at herself in the mirror. She made sure her hair was still neatly pulled back into a ponytail and that her dress was still neatly pressed and looking nice, and of course re-centering the silver chain and leaf charm hanging around her neck. Just as she had finished she could hear the sound of a door opening and the sound of footsteps accompanying it. Rhea popped her head out of the door and entered main room on the train. "Hello, I'm Rhea Glass. I'm your mentor." She smiled as she approached a couch and sat down on it.

Back to top Go down
Mugsy

Mugsy

Female Posts : 66

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 5 Train Left_bar_bleue0/150District 5 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Grace Newton
Alliance:: Grace Thornton (D11), Laura Woods (D7)

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:13 am

Grace Newton
District 5 Train Gracet10
The attention at the station washed over Grace like a flock of moths glittering and flashing cameras as she was marched to the platform, there was no smiles and no waves, the thought of how she was lowering her chances every moment that she stood there in her work clothes didn't even register to Grace, all she knew was the odds on she would never see her son again. What more could they do to hurt her now? Yet still she hesitated when it was time to step aboard the train, weary that nobody apart from the Victors really knew what took place in the lead up to the games. Not everything was televised and so she stuck to Gustav's first piece of advice to trust nothing and take nothing for granted. Yet all she found was carpet and lush paneled rooms, one containing a table stacked full of things that smelled like food and others that made her mouth water. Grace couldn't even recall the last time she had eaten..sometime on her shift probably, they had hard biscuits and dry rolls with stew on a good day and stale water on a bad one. Grace wanted nothing more then to run over and taste everything but fear held her back, fear and loathing of the unknown as a door slid open and a head popped though.

So it had begun? Grace didn't say anything, she had no words for the girl in her fine dress and neat hair. Her heart was sore for the million miles that it felt from what was home but as the girl introduced herself Grace's brow creased in recollection that not all tributes died "I know who you are, you saved my sons life" she said, her voice dull as she felt suddenly weary at the reminder. It had been the games after her son was born that District 5 had won, the year after Heike had died and she had found herself with next to nothing to survive on. Grace had little doubt that she and her son would not have survived that year where it not for the extra rations given in celebration of their districts victory in the games. Thinking about this was hard and Grace was already beyond the point of exhaustion. She sat down on the opposite couch and put her feet up on the seat. Her boots where caked with dry mud as she just stared at the space in front of her trying to remind herself that this girl was from District 5 and her mentor, someone supposed to help her win.. or at least not die.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 5 Train Left_bar_bleue150/150District 5 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Jason "Jay" Owens
District 5 Train P

Jason had walked through silently to the train, ignoring all the people, he simply kept looking in front of him at the back of his fellow tribute's head. She seemed just as pessimistic as he was about being reaped, and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing yet. He looked around the train car in amazement, though he made sure to internalize everything, emotion of any sort wouldn't help him from here on out, it was best to become as heartless as the careers for the Games. He continued to follow the girl, Grace, yea, that had been it, through, he may not want to get friendly, but right now she was all he had, and they'd be stuck together for the Capitol events anyways, might as well stick together for now.

Grace had stopped moving now, he looked over her shoulder to see why, and saw all the food. So much of it was on the table. Jason couldn't help but think it was too much, even though he never got food he knew this was far too much food to have. A head popped out from the door at the other end of the car, and he recognized her as their mentor from the stage. He stayed where he was, leaning against a wall as Grace went and sat down. The mentor introduced herself and Grace made a comment about her. Jason couldn't help but sigh, "I'm sure its amazing how she saved your kid, but maybe consider letting her focus on saving one of us right now, huh?"

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:41 am

District 5 Train Tumblr_m6zxtoWKgR1qgdyyfo1_500
District 5 Train Rheanamebanner
---District 5 Mentor---Female---18---

Rhea just looked at the two hungry and poor looking tributes in front of her. She knew what they must think of her now, the rich girl who had the nice clothes, but it came with the territory of being a victor. You had to keep up appearances after all. But she had grown up poor, incredibly poor and had to do her own work as well as Roe having to take as many shifts as he could to help make ends meet. There was tension that Rhea could cut like a knife, she wasn't sure if it was directed at anybody but it might have been their feelings towards her and towards each other. She raised her eyebrows and looked in between the boy and girl in front of her. She was ready to speak and break the tension in the air, clapping to break the silence that hung over them now. "Ok so, introductions. I know your names but I need something more to help you out when it comes to your interviews and sponsors. So Jason Owens, 15 male. Am I correct?" She pointed towards the boy who was leaning against the metallic wall of the train. Then moving her attention to the girl who was seated on the couch with her feet resting on the table. "And of course there is Grace Newton, female age 16. So Grace and Jason, you obviously know who I am. I am Rhea the victor from the 28th annual Hunger Games and the mentor for District 5. So before we get too far ahead of ourselves I assume we are going to be trying to win? I only ask because well the last few tributes I had told me very early on in the process that they planned to die early in the games and had no plan to win. I just need to know if I need to go through the whole spiel. So we need to get a few things straight and this can be decided amongst yourself but I need to know if you wish to discuss with me individually or together. I know that some district partners don't ally and they don't want the other to know their plans. If this is the case then let me know and I can accommodate you. I am here to answer any of your questions but my main job is to help guide you through this process. I can't tell you how to kill people or train you in weapons as that is up to you to learn in the training center. But what I can say is the one thing that might prove to be your lifeline in the games is getting sponsors. And they love a story so if you have a story that I can use to get the Capitol on your side I need to know. So....I guess I turn it over to you guys." She waited for a response. The first few minutes of this was always the weirdest for her since she basically had to spew out a whole speech before the questions really began.

Back to top Go down
Mugsy

Mugsy

Female Posts : 66

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
District 5 Train Left_bar_bleue0/150District 5 Train Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Grace Newton
Alliance:: Grace Thornton (D11), Laura Woods (D7)

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:58 am

Grace Newton
District 5 Train Gracet11
It had been easy for Grace to ignore the boy who had followed her onto the train, he was nobody to her even though she knew that she should at least try and make a effort so that one of them would make it home if only for the extra grain and gifts that it would mean for her son and Gustav. It was too easy to remember how much of a difference such things made which was why she all but wanted to strike out at the boy when he rudely spoke up as if the past did not even matter, how dare he talk about her child that she had been forced to give up! The pain was too fresh and what did he have to compare? Hungry he might look but he was just some kid with a family behind him no doubt. She was about to speak out when Rhea started talking, Grace didn't care to know that the boy was Jason or how old he was, it was clear by his statement that the 'one' he expected to be saved was himself. So much for teaming up!

It was hard to trust someone who had just come out all but saying he expected her to die.

Grace rested her head on her arms as the girl talked, it was as if they expected her to forget her whole life the moment they boarded the train. Grace could not do that, her eyes where narrowed in anger as she lifted her head to better look at the girl. "They killed my husband, they make us starve while they have all this.." she waved her hand vaguely at the food cart and the plush confines. "They want us dead fine but I would rather die then spend my last days begging for handouts" she shook her head in despair "I don't want to die, but I don't want to turn into one of them either" she added pointedly at the girl in her capital clothes. Grace feared the stylists almost more the death.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Jason "Jay" Owens
District 5 Train P

Jason shook his head, this girl was all over the place with her talking. It was getting pretty annoying. She went into a little thing about her husband, which was stupid, a husband and a kid at 16, maybe she deserved to die with that kind of history. He looked between her and the mentor, Rhea, for just a second after she had stopped before beginning his own past. "A story? Of course. My parents disowned me because they didn't want another mouth to feed, they act like they don't know me, they felt no remorse or sadness over my being reaped, it was probably a benefit for them." he said in a stoic tone.

"My siblings get me food when they can, but they can't be seen with me by anyone close to my parents or else they'll get beaten by them for helping me." he added in. Looking at the girl with a hint of distaste, "So maybe they didn't kill part of my family, but that's only because I don't have one" he told her, knowing full well she'd spent her days thinking she had the worst life and that everyone else was better off. Jason would have preferred losing someone close to him like that over having no one at all, any day of the week.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

District 5 Train Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 5 Train   District 5 Train Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

District 5 Train
Page 1 of 1