The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The station of Survival

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The station of Survival Left_bar_bleue150/150The station of Survival Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

The station of Survival Empty
PostSubject: The station of Survival   The station of Survival Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 2:22 pm

GRACE THORNTON

I plan out my schedule for training by importance. Survival is most important, and learning about how long we can last without basic stuff, like water and food. 3 is the lucky number for survival. We can't live without air for 3 minutes, water for 3 days and food for 3 weeks. We also learn about keeping shelter and making sure the temperature isn't too cold or too hot. The thing I was worried about was collecting water. As long as we have iodine, we can collect water and clean the water of any substances in it.
Apart from learning all of the skills, I am on the lookout for anyone I can ally with. Two heads are better than one, right? I don't see anyone I would be interested in allying with yet, but I am going to wait until I can see their skills.
Back to top Go down
Mugsy

Mugsy

Female Posts : 66

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The station of Survival Left_bar_bleue0/150The station of Survival Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Grace Newton
Alliance:: Grace Thornton (D11), Laura Woods (D7)

PostSubject: Re: The station of Survival   The station of Survival Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Grace Newton
The station of Survival Grace-13
Grace had spent her entire morning at the eatable plants station and meant to spend whatever spare time was left to return to learning more about what could be used in a pinch for food or avoided for being deadly. She felt more confidant now after learning to filter water but fire remained a problem. Grace knew how to light fires of course but she had always used a metal fire starter, maybe if she had been smarter she would have chosen a tribute token made of iron but she didn't and would have to rely on being able to find metal in the arena.

There was already a girl at the survival station and Grace debated for a moment on waiting till she went away but she just couldn't take the risk and so said a subdued "Hello" before asking the trainer for ways to make fire. Heat was the magic word, wood, stone, glass and pressure. Grace decided to focus on the first two seeing that they where the most likely to be found in any arena. She was also interested to hear what was being taught to the other girl about finding water, Grace hadn't thought about allies on the assumption that nobody would want to team up with her but at least this girl seemed to have a head on her shoulders, unlike her own teammate from District 5.
Back to top Go down
The Rev

The Rev

Male Posts : 47

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The station of Survival Left_bar_bleue0/0The station of Survival Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The station of Survival   The station of Survival Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Survial was needed in the arena of course but he does not plan to get out of the arena anyway. His death would only help his poor family, same if he gets out. He never really thought about what would happen to his family mentally. He pretened to listen to the stuff going on around him but he really knew most of the basics.

Food won't be a problem was already decided because he lacks food in general anyway. Water may get to be a problem, but that's about it. He watched some of the other tributes, and deep down he knew that only one of them will be alive after this.
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The station of Survival Left_bar_bleue150/150The station of Survival Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: The station of Survival   The station of Survival Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:50 am

GRACE THORNTON

Whilst learning about water, I saw a girl. I remember her from the parade, her being enthusiastic compared to the other tribute in her district. She said hello to me.
"Hey, I'm Grace from District 12," I tell her. If I have an ally, I want her to be my ally. She seems smart, strong and enthusiastic. I would ally with Griffin, but I don't see him anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Mugsy

Mugsy

Female Posts : 66

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The station of Survival Left_bar_bleue0/150The station of Survival Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Grace Newton
Alliance:: Grace Thornton (D11), Laura Woods (D7)

PostSubject: Re: The station of Survival   The station of Survival Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:51 am

"I'm Grace from Five.. but you can just call me Gadget if you like.." she shrugged as she worked on what the instructions described as a fire bow. Her hands made quick work of the carving as she spoke, while woodworking was new to Grace she found the techniques similar enough to metalwork to be familiar, it felt good to have tools in her hands and to be doing something constructive. "Did you work in the mines?" she asked picking the only thing she really knew about District 12 was that they where the source of the coal that ran the oldest of the power plants in District 5. Grace hated them for the smoke and dust that got over everything when the plant was running, some days she wondered why they even used it when there was plenty of other options. Grace felt a bit bad for that now for it would mean District 12 having nothing to do with the coal it mined.

A boy had joined them as Grace had been working on her fire bow, she thought for a moment about being able to make a real bow but it was just a moment of fancy when she glanced over at the ranged weapons station and watched as one of the other tributes took a shot. Better to focus on things that where harder to mess up she thought giving the male tribute a small nod in hello. Grace wondered what his story was, maybe she should have been focused 100% on the best way to kill the people with her but Grace wasn't like her partner from District 5. She couldn't just switch off being a human being who cared about people just as she couldn't stop crying herself to sleep at night over her son all the way back in District 5.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The station of Survival Left_bar_bleue135/150The station of Survival Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: The station of Survival   The station of Survival Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 9:21 am

Stella Archer
The station of Survival Tumblr_mi7kpwiY7b1rm4bxro1_500
The station of Survival Stella10
--------------------

After 'slashing' not 'stabbing' her sword at the Melee station, the next big thing on Stella's to-do list was to learn how to survive. Making fires would be important when the nights got cold, and finding a good place to sleep so she wouldn't roll off a cliff would be important too. When she walked over to the station, she found that a few people were already there. Two female tributes; one from District Five, the other from District Twelve. She believed the boy tribute that was there was from District Six, though she wasn't one-hundred percent sure.
Stella avoided talking to the girls, who seemed to be making alliances. Stella was from District Four, a career district. She expected the girls to avoid her, sense they were from lower districts. But Stella had been just as bad off as they had. Probably.
Stella bent down and picked up two rocks from the station. She began to clang them together, attempting to make a spark. Soon, Stella gave up, and picked up a stick and began to rub in into a larger log, attempting to make smoke. When a small puff of smoke appeared, she sprinkled a few leaves on top and began to blow, the way the diagram showed how to.

--------------------
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The station of Survival   The station of Survival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The station of Survival
Page 1 of 1