The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
libowy

libowy

Male Posts : 181
Birthday : 1998-09-09

WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:19 pm

lol this is going to show how geeky/nerdy/dorky I am. I guess there won't be stalling it forever so I might as well get it over with? So...

What's your Zombie Survival Plan?

No seriously stop laughing. If the world was to be takin over by legions of the undead, what would you do? Would you start a survivor colony? Cry in a corner? Go solo? Just know, you won't be the last of the humans. There are plenty of others. Feel free to include anyone. And I mean anyone. Your survival plan should start with:
Week One
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Left_bar_bleue150/150WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 pm

WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Ask-me-about-my-zombie-plan

Week One

I begin by travelling around my surroundings(Farmland, family and friends nearby, not many people that could be zombiefied). I would head to my uncle's farm down the road and see if they are alive, taking a vehicle and something from my house to use as a weapon, of course. If they are alive we stock up their hunting rifles and move to my house, which is built stronger and is more defensible. We use the time we have to gather neighbours and assess the zombie count in our surroundings. This time is also used to gather resources and use wooden beams from my property to board off windows and barricade entrances to the building.
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Since I live hell and gone from anywhere country, I'd have to take advantage of my surroundings. I'd head to Dick's Sporting Goods first to take their guns and toss them in the back of the truck, maybe take some clothing and fishing rods. Then I'd take the truck and head to my group's meet up point. From there we'd high-tail-it to large building, hopefully a warehouse. We'd get a radio broadcast so survivors know we're alive, and place several SOS signs around the building and on the roof. We'd then begin figuring out how to get backup power.

WHO KNOWS WHAT SOS STANDS FOR???
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Left_bar_bleue150/150WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:41 pm

(SOS was Morse Code, it isn't an acronym.)
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:03 pm

actually it's an acronym. I looked it up after I posted that. It stands for " S**t on a Shingle"
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:22 pm

"In popular usage, SOS became associated with such phrases as "save our ship", "save our souls" and "send out succour". These may be regarded as mnemonics, but SOS is not an abbreviation, acronym or initialism. In fact SOS is only one of several ways that the combination could have been written, VTB, for example, would produce exactly the same sound, but SOS was chosen to describe this combination. SOS is the only 9-element signal in Morse code, making it more easily recognisable, as no other symbol uses more than 8 elements."

Its originally Morse code.

There are organisations and stuff that may share the letters, but it is originally Morse code.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 am

WEEK ONE

Hmm.. Well, first I'd grab the biggest frying pan in my house, and then all of the scissors and kitchen knives, and stockpile them in a big bag, holding one pair of scissors in hand just in case. I'd take a bunch of pillows and stuff and climb up the stairs to the roof of my apartment building, then hide a few weapons and cans of food up there as well. With that done, I'd go back down to my apartment and research all I could about zombies on the internet. I'd find some sort of zombie-survival chat-room or forum (like this one), and take note of all the ideas or ask people what was happening where they were. I'd create a hiding spot somewhere where I live (can't tell where in case any of you become a zombie. in fact, I bet libowy's a zombie and just wants to know all of our secret plans. Well, bowy, I happen to like my brain very much in my head, thank you. YOU'RE NOT EATING IT. o_o) and lock all the doors. Then, I would wait with my family, taking turns on sleeping and keeping watch.

QUESTION: Do zombies eat cats? Or turtles? Can zombies go up stairs? Open doors?

Small Note: Hmmm.... I feel like it'd be safer in a busy city in a zombie apocalypse than a small country town, due to rushing cars that might run over any zombies there and confusing lights that might freak them out and so much news available for survivors. It really depends on the zombie, though, I suppose...

ALSO! Everybody assumes that zombies=tragedy. But do they really? What if zombies are actually very friendly creatures? What if when they say 'brains' they are really saying 'friends.' The words sound kind of similar out loud. Or maybe they are evil. Exactly how catastrophic can they get? I mean, do they really only want to eat brains, or do they want to take over the world? How smart are they? Is there some sort of genius "Queen" Zombie somewhere taking all of the brains her minions steal? Do zombies actually eat brains? And why does everybody seem to think a plague of zombies immediately leads to an apocalypse or something? I mean, we've had epidemics, wars.... there are nuclear weapons! It's never been called the 'end of the world,' or maybe it has been, but the world's still standing. Somehow I don't think zombies would be as big of a threat as people seem to think, although that's not to say they should be taken lightly...

Sorry, when I start thinking about something, I really do start thinking about it... :/

Last edited by RainyCat on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : center)
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Left_bar_bleue135/150WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:17 pm

(SOS actually does stand for something. When sailor's ships were sinking, or something like that, they would send out smoke signals that represented mores code. SOS stands for Save Our Ship, but now is a universal term for help.)
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:46 pm

(People have connected words to it. It was originally Morse Code, this means it did not originally stand for anything)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 pm

( Wikipedia says morse code, but according to google search terms it also stands for other things unrelated to morse code, such as 'secretary of state' and 'share our services' and whatnot. But I'm a bit confused on what you two mean... Pip, are you saying that is was just the initials in morse code or that it was used as initials before it was used as morse code or are you agreeing with Gaz? Gaz, same thing, pretty much.... I dunno. :/)
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Left_bar_bleue135/150WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 pm

(I'm saying that the sailors used morse code to send 'SOS' which at the time ment save our ship. I dunno about what google and wikipedia say, though. I forget where I heard it from. My dad, probably)
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
libowy

libowy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 pm

OK! Let me kill the discussion on SOS and move on. Rain, zombies do eat animals of any-kind (including themselves if it becomes necessary), but only humans can be infected. There has been some discussion on wither or not house pets would be infected from their prolonged interactions with humans but it has not been determined. First of all, yes this would be a huge catastrophe. Even if it started out with one, it would be bad, because people would be either to panicky to think straight, or to curious for their own good. The first week would crucial, in the fact that people would still be stupid. Those people will die first. Then there would be those who see it coming, and have time to nestle down in a good BI location. and then there would be those that were smart enough to stay inside but dumb enough to not take it seriously. When the undead start trying to break in, they grab what they think they need and hope that they can run fast. Second: It makes sense that "Brains" means "Friends" since they are trying to eat your flesh and turn you into one of their dead. It would aslo help if they could manage more then a moan. The virus infects the brain, and basically turns them into animals. No there would be no queen of the zombies, and they would take a little more then the brain. The reason people associate zombies with apocalypse. Well, this is a virus that would effect the whole world no matter where it began, and without a chance for a cure, since it is a more powerful element then Lye which is in Draino.

We're running off of the zombie survival guide zombies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Whoa. That is a pretty detailed explanation of zombies.... O_O

Thanks! Smile

Okay, well, I'd still grab a frying pan. Then I'd alternate between hiding on the roof with family and hiding somewhere in my room or whatever. Or perhaps I would befriend the zombies and feed them my enemies in exchange for the safety of my neighborhood. >Smile Just kidding. (Now I'm going to be all scared of zombies, darn it. I need to go become a zombie-slaying ninja now... Razz) Or maybe I'd head to some hospital and tell them to try and find a cure... or go to the nearest elementary school and evacuate the kids... or hide at my school. Nah, I'd just stay home. There are some pretty awesome hiding places, and I'd want to keep an eye on my cat.
Back to top Go down
libowy

libowy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:20 am

haha ok... You're cat would be a good thing to keep around because it's hearing is better then yours. You might want to shy away from hospitals and doctors and the center or disease control. Once someone's bit, they'll probably want to live so they'll go to the nearest place with medical attention and hope they can help them. The hospitals would be one big death trap. The frying pan would work really well in melee combat. It's light enough to swing quickly, but heavy enough to damage the brain. And their senses would be heightened so even if you hid they'd find you.

Gaz... I really can't find an issue with yours except that by barricading all the entrances, you're also barricading the exits if needed.

I've looked over mine a few times and a warehouse is a little to big. I wouldn't be able to know if one zombie or a hundred zombies were in. I would need to tone down my living area.

I think I forgot to mention this earlier, you wouldn't need to cut or saw or shoot through their brain. all it would take to kill it is a baseball bat, or something that would hurt if you were hit in the head.

Ok i think we've got everyone we're going to get, so I'm going to continue to...

Week Two
and for added fun...
Your bug in location has been discovered and the number of the undead is becoming to much for even the strongest door to hold. You must leave you're current location.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Week Two

If I had to change location, I think I would head over to my school, because I know it well enough to escape in a hurry and it is a short distance from my house. I'd take the stuff I had piled on the roof and meet up with any people I knew who were already at the school. We'd set up a warning system by taking shifts at the higher points of the upper school and surveying the premises. At any sign of the undead, the younger kids would pile into a few of the classrooms and lay low while anyone who could fight would go beat off the zombies. We'd use the science lab to try and create some sort of chemical to repel zombies and keep domesticated animals in classrooms by species where younger kids were as an even earlier warning system and to calm them down. For half the time, I would be with the pets and kids, but for the other half, I would alternate between watching over the area, fighting off zombies with my frying pan if needed, and helping in the science lab. If the zombies broke through our defenses and infected a bunch of people, we would... um... I'll get back to that and edit this later when I have more time to think of something. :/
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Week Two

I gather my fellow survivors and force the hordes back from the house. We then use a square formation to force our way to the road from the house, wearing whatever we can to protect our skin. At the road we head North-East, towards a small town nearby. We make sure to cover flanks. Once we reach the town we fight our way to the elementary school and clear it out using caution. We proceed to create protection around all essential entrances and barricade the others.

(The force I've gathered of my neighbours would be somewhere between 20 and 60 people, depending on who among them was infected.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????   WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT'S YOUR SURVIVAL PLAN??????
Page 1 of 1