The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Me and my STUPID Ankle......

Go down 
+2
Chiiyoko
Augsp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Female Posts : 339
Birthday : 2000-08-30

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Left_bar_bleue0/150Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name:: Megan Shard
Alliance:: Careers

Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Empty
PostSubject: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:11 am

Yesterday I was walking........and my ankle kinda......folded.........and i fell down.

Now I have a sprained ankle! Yayyyyy >_<
Any tips? I need it healed in three days!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:27 am

Awwww! D: Well, I'm no expert, but ummmm... put ice on it to keep it from swelling, with a thin cloth between the ice and your leg so you don't freeze yourself to death. Razz Also, make sure to keep it elevated. Try to have it above your heart as much as possible. Don't walk around on it too much, and let it rest, although you might need to stretch it out from time to time. Definitely don't 'play through it' if you have a sport and you think it's serious. Trust me, I have heard the stories in Human D. Google some stuff to heal it faster and rest it, and hopefully it'll be gone soon. I dunno. Rest it, ice it, keep it elevated. That's all I can think of. I twisted my ankle last year and it only lasted like 3 days anyway (although it was a very mild sprain/twist/whatever, so maybe that doesn't count). Good luck and feel better! <3
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Left_bar_bleue150/150Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:33 am

Rainy best me to it! oh well. xD

Ice it down first, Very Happy depending on how bad it is, it'll be a better idea to see a doc though if it's bad. then this three days don't move around too much if possible, best to just let it rest out. Don't ice it too long though, 20 min max xD. If you have an ankle guard, best use it to prevent swelling, it will be the your most favourite thing to see Razz. If try a bandage or some sort to just keep it compressed. Also, elevate your leg as much as you can, like when you sleeping putting a few pillows under your feet to keep it higher than usual. If you have any anti-inflammation cream, it'll work wonders Very Happy.

I just strained my knee so I was kinda doing all of that for the past few weeks xD
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Left_bar_bleue150/150Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:56 am

Basically what everyone said already. But my Sports Med knowledge is gonna come out now. So you wanna follow the R.I.C.E method; Rest Ice, Compression and Elevation. Make sure to put some ice on it and if you have a brace or something that helps keep the swelling down, and of course make sure to elevate and stay off it as much as possible. When you ice do it for a few intervals at a time, about 15-20 minutes and then take it off. The brace will be the best thing though, it provides you support and keeps swelling down and will work wonders when it comes to healing. Hope that helps, of course Google works too Razz
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:58 am

Well, unlike my fellow peers here,

I've actually had experience with this before, yes. I kinda was pushed off my top bunk as a little kid while jumping off and I landed badly and well that led to that xD

I couldn't walk on it at all, I had it checked out by the doctor and all that and I got this tensor bandage which you could probably buy at a local pharmacy or something. The number one thing is to keep it elevated I think that helps keep the swelling down and then if you use some ice to ice it maybe for an hour ever day.

Another thing they didn't have when I was a youngun that they do now, is something called biofreeze which you can get from also a local pharmacy and it's a pain reliever gel that you roll on the sore part. Then advil is an extra painkiller you could take.

So I say maybe soak it in some warm water, bring it out and damp it dry then watch tv for and hour with your ankle elevated and have the ice on it. Then after that put the bio freeze on and make sure you rub it in gently. Then take the tensor bandage and wrap your ankle up, and keep off it at all times, even if you have to crawl.

Hope I kinda helped xD
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Left_bar_bleue0/150Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)

PostSubject: Re: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:34 am

Well........i should go get a brace.
And allevation? I've got to be ob my feet nearly all day. And.....we have no ice in the house.

Guess ill work with gel and time......and rest hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:20 pm

hm... anything cold? xD it could work just as well as ice, like stuff from the freezer, Razz uh.. drinks maybe? but it'll be weird D: . And no way to excuse you so that you can stay off your feet? :c , it'll be better but if not, yeah brace would prevent it from getting worse at least!
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Left_bar_bleue135/150Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

PostSubject: Re: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:19 pm

I don't know about spraining your ankle, but I have sprained my wrist before. But I'm pretty sure elevation by keeping your ankle above your heart is important. When I sprained my wrist I had a wrap on it to support it, so you might want to get one, and they're fairly inexpensive Smile
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:03 am

As far as walking all day goes, play up the limp, put as little pressure in the step as possible, ask friends for help or go get crutches.

Probably won't be better in 3 days, it tends to take longer than that.

When I sprained my knee it took a long time to get better, and I wore a brace when I had to walk a lot for school and didn't take part in gym classes. Just gotta take it easy, ice it, and all that.
Back to top Go down
Augsp
Teddy Bear Fanatic
Augsp

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:28 am

Oh yay then i get to miss out on gym on tuesday! Yayyy! Very Happy (Aug hates gym)
well then il just have to limp during the school trip. FUN! >~<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me and my STUPID Ankle......   Me and my STUPID Ankle...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me and my STUPID Ankle......
Page 1 of 1