The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

eyes open [hey this is open too]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
moon

moon

Female Posts : 566
Birthday : 1998-07-29

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
eyes open [hey this is open too] Left_bar_bleue150/150eyes open [hey this is open too] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

eyes open [hey this is open too] Empty
PostSubject: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:21 pm

swan Genevieve Belaire

Swan's eyes scanned the training gym as the tributes scattered into different stations. Really, she didn't have any idea on where to start. Sure, she wanted to talk to one of the careers eventually, but she didn't want to start now. The tribute wanted to wait until she didn't have to showcase her skills (or lack of them?) to anyone. Swan assumed she had the mental part of the games in the bag, but the fighting was something else.

Finding the melee station, Swan surveyed the weapons. Swords, spears, and other assorted weapons gleamed in the bright lights. However, it was a simply dagger that caught her eye. The blade was about eight inches long, and it fit well in her hands. She turned her eyes to the training dummy, wondering how to asses the situation. She had watched the demonstrators earlier, but thought simply stabbing a piece of rubber couldn't be that much help.  

Yet, she decided to try. The girl gripped the dagger and began stabbing, taking shot at the shoulder, then the leg, and basically demolishing it. Swan let all of the frustrations of the reapings, and everything she tried to keep concealed in her life out, and threw it all at the training dummy. After a few minutes, she looked up and saw slices, holes, and even missing chunks in the rubber. Her eyes wide, she almost had forgotten what she did. Swan hadn't ever been one for violence, but she found herself smirking at the dummy now. If this was what it felt like to attack someone, she found it to be a good feeling.
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:57 pm

eyes open [hey this is open too] Tumblr_lzywlcsiTo1r6rkvko1_250
eyes open [hey this is open too] Lorina10
Lori watched as her creepy district partner skulked around the corners, then darted out all of the sudden to hide in a different corner. She shook her head. "That kid is messed up," she said under her breath, and turned to go to the melee station, pulling her perfectly curled blonde hair up into a high ponytail to keep it out of her face. She didn't want to give everything away just yet, but she figured showing off a little wouldn't hurt. It wasn't like anybody was paying attention, anyway. There was only one other girl there, the one from District 10 who was a year or two younger than her. "Nice work," she said nonchalantly, looking at the mauled dummy in front of her. "A bit messy for my taste, but hey, you know, everybody's got their own way, and you've got to kill 'em somehow." She laughed. "I'm Lori, by the way."

Back to top Go down
moon

moon

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
eyes open [hey this is open too] Left_bar_bleue150/150eyes open [hey this is open too] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm

swan Genevieve Belaire

Swan spun at the voice, seeing the girl from two standing and looking at the wrecked form of the training dummy. Her lips curving into a smile, she laughed along with the girl. "Thank you," the tribute replied appreciatively, trying to contain her glee. Swan hadn't expected to talk to the careers until later, but it seemed that they came to her.

Her hazel eyes flicking to Lori, she smiled once more, lowering her arm from her fighting position to her side. "I'm Swan," she said, holding out her free hand for a handshake. The girl desperately hoped that she could make it into the career pack, considering that all she had to do was watch them and most of her problems would be solved.

She was still shocked that the girl came to her, wondering if that was a good or bad thing. Hopefully it meant that Lori either saw something in her, or maybe she just wanted to get into her head. People from district ten weren't often associated with those of the higher numbers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:43 pm

eyes open [hey this is open too] Tumblr_inline_mrldpi1yx51qz4rgp
Lori simply smiled and shook the other girl's hand, but her inner thought process was far more complicated. She was trying to judge whether Swan would be a inimical threat, or whether she would make a good ally, or whether she was just someone to be ignored. Normally a District 10 would never be allowed in the career pack, but considering the extreme lack of usefulness in her own district partner and the other dangerous girls from 11 and 9, she was looking for a substitute."Personally, I prefer to go for the jugular. Or the heart, if I'm feeling poetic." She tilted her head to the side, narrowed her eyes slightly, and looked Swan up and down. "So, what's it like back home?" she asked casually, picking up a knife and weighing it in her hands. Lori tossed it lightly at a dummy with mild amusement. Not a bad balance, she noted with approval as she watched it sink into the dummy's stomach. It wasn't her favorite spot, but it was a larger and therefore often easier target and would usually do in a pinch.

Back to top Go down
moon

moon

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:23 pm

swan Genevieve Belaire

Swan took note of Lori's comments, knowing she'd hold it in the back of her mind in the arena. Anything was possible there, and she knew she would have to fight someone eventually. Flicking a golden curl to the side of her face, she smiled at the girl from district two once more. "I'm sure they'd love a poetic career," she replied somewhat sarcastically. Most times, the tributes from the higher districts were simply killing machines, without much of a personality.

Feeling the other tribute's eyes on her, Swan stiffened. She wanted to prove her worth, and hoped she could manage it. "It's actually easy, living on a ranch," she muttered casually. "How about you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:59 pm

eyes open [hey this is open too] Tumblr_inline_mrlc8sfCjs1qz4rgp
Lori looked sideways at the other girl and shrugged. "Maybe," she said with a half-smile, and waited for Swan to tell her about District 10. "That sounds... lovely," she replied, thinking about her home in her own district with fondness. "It's different for everyone, but my family's pretty, ah... well-off. And there's a lot of emphasis on training, of course. We have a reputation to uphold." Lori winked at her and absentmindedly threw another knife at the dummy she had hit in the stomach, where it flew across the air with a slight whistling sound and settled in the dummy's shoulder, almost severing the arm. "You worried about the Games?" she asked, turning back to face Swan again.

Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
eyes open [hey this is open too] Left_bar_bleue0/0eyes open [hey this is open too] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Preston walked into the Melee type of weaponry area. He wanted to get familiar with more than one weapon. When he walked in, he saw only a fraction of a fraction of the tributes were here at this station. The boy from two ran right in front of him acting very weird. Preston shook his head in shame. "Crazy.." He muttered, grabbing a knife that wasn't for throwing and went over to the dummies. Preston just swung the knife in his hand and cut off part of the dummy's head. He overheard two people talking, so he just hacked away at the dummy, eavesdropping as he did so. "Didn't mean to interrupt, but who wouldn't?" Preston said aloud, not even realizing he did. He lodged the knife in the neck of the dummy, so only the handle could be seen. Preston twisted the knife around and ripped it out. "But really, each person has about a 4% chance of winning if you do math correctly." Preston said, as he ended up smiling at how the point of the knife twisted. "How can that happen if it was only going through a plastic dummy." He asked, stabbing the knife onto the dummy's stomach and turned around.

(Don't let Preston disturb you.. or will you.. the world may never know.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:39 pm

eyes open [hey this is open too] Tumblr_inline_mrlf2fJgxs1qz4rgp
Lori glanced at the District 7 boy who had strolled over and smiled."You missed a decimal point, hon, so I wouldn't call it 'doing math correctly'." She smirked. "It's 0.04%, give or take a hundredth of a decimal point, if you were wondering. Much worse odds. But A for effort, really, and of course, not all of us are equal. If you're going for accuracy, being from a career district should boost your percentage up by at least six tenths of a decimal point, at bare minimum." Lori didn't pride herself on being good at math, as she wasn't really, but she did pride herself on being arrogant and she had happened to have studied her chances in training when she was younger, and was happy to see it come up in conversation. "Cool trick, but it can ruin a dagger, so I wouldn't recommend it myself, especially not in the games." Lori wasn't trying to be rude, it was just in her nature to point out the bad things about other people and their actions with a general snarkiness. "It's Preston, right?"

Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
eyes open [hey this is open too] Left_bar_bleue10/150eyes open [hey this is open too] Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Jared walked around, looking at all the stations. He saw the District 2 boy acting crazy...he would have to be one of the first to die. He overheard someone talking about math at the melee station. He couldn't help intervening. He grabbed a thick dagger and said, "Actually, the decimal 0.04 would be equivalent to 4%. If you take a decimal and have that be a percent, it wouldn't be a whole percent. Unless you're trying to say that careers have a much higher percentage of winning...I mean, 100 divided by the amount of tributes is roughly 4, thus making it a 4 percent chance, even with the careers. Going based on nothing but mathimatical probability and facts. Now, if you want to get into factors that change that, it's another discussion. Although, I would think you too busy training to kill smart ass people who say such things. Oh, and I'm Jared Richards." When he finished, he stabbed the dagger into a dummies's neck, pulled it out, grabbed it with his other hand and stabbed it into another dummy as he held his hand out and flipped forward as he did a bow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:20 pm

eyes open [hey this is open too] 0RL0OHc
Lori burst out laughing. She couldn't help it. Since math wasn't exactly big on her must-be-perfect-at-list, she couldn't care less whether it was right or wrong, so it was pretty hilarious."Well, you can't blame a girl for trying. We tend to focus more on learning to kill people and survive in the Games than reviewing the basic math we learned in 3rd grade. Speaking of, I'll have to tell the trainers when I get back... although I doubt they care much about math anyway," she said when she caught her breath. "And as for my actual skills, you'll get to see them a little later... if you make it that far. If not, no hard feelings. I mean, I wouldn't be too surprised." She raised an eyebrow and smiled innocently. "But we've all got our uses, right?" Lori picked up an mace and whirled it at the nearest dummy, taking its head clean off. "Some of us were born for figuring out percentages, others were born to kill... and subsequently, to win. And, in my case, to occasionally correct other people on their terrible fashion sense." She placed the mace delicately back on the table and looked at Preston with narrowed eyes. "Like, why do you wear your hair like that?" She took a step forward and pushed his hair back with her hand. "Your hair looks so sexy pushed back. Swan, will you please tell him that his hair looks sexy pushed back?" Lori didn't say it in a flirty manner, more like she was giving advice, which, of course, she was.

(Oh, my god I am laughing at myself so much right now. xD I have both a Geometry and Honors Physics test tomorrow, too, both of which are basically Math, although Physics is also Science... gawd... wish me luck? I'll need it. Facepalm)

Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 am

eyes open [hey this is open too] Create.php?text=Lola%20Moss&name=TheOnlyException
eyes open [hey this is open too] Tumblr_inline_mqbjo4NCjj1qz4rgp
Female ~ 17 ~ District 1

Lola decided to try the Melee Station. She saw some tributes arguing about statistics. She overheard the whole conversation, and whilst her fellow Career Lori might not be the smartest, she could be the most confident. And Lola wasn't the smartest either. Lola left them to sort it out between themselves.

She then looked at the rack of weapons. Lola wondered how many of these weapons would actually be at the Cornucopia. Surely there wouldn't be a meat cleaver there, although the sword is certainly going to be there. Lola needed to train with something else though, her bare hands and feet. There was always a chance that there would be no weapons for her.

Lola walked up to the dummy and thought on how she was going to approach it. She started by kicking the dummy in the private part. That would get the tribute distracted and in a lot of pain. She then wrapped her hands around the dummy's neck and started to strangle it. Whilst she strangled it, she continued to kick the dummy, hitting different parts of the body. After a while, she twisted the neck off the dummy and the head separated from the body. She threw it on the ground, and a job was well done.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
eyes open [hey this is open too] Left_bar_bleue0/0eyes open [hey this is open too] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 6:40 am

Preston smiled as more people came in. One was a career girl and one was the grape eater. "Well, Jared's right. And yes, its Preston." Preston murmured. He took another stab at the dummy. The knife hit the upper chest. He started to talk as he stabbed the dummy. "Well, if it looks sexy back, yours would look better straight." Preston said, smacking the stomach of the dummy with his knife. "Jared, will you please tell the career girl that her hair looks sexy straightened?" Preston asked, trying to mock her every word, but in his voice, and changing it to his opinion. Preston watched the District 1 girl murder a dummy and gave her the thumbs up. He gripped the knife and decapitated/beheaded the dummy and crushed it's head. Preston wasn't planning on staying much longer, he just needed every ounce of practice he could get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:18 am

eyes open [hey this is open too] Tumblr_inline_mrlgwx3o001qz4rgp
Lori laughed again, but far more briefly this time. "Oh, that won't be a problem- I always look sexy." She shrugged, twisting her high ponytail in her hand and pulling it slightly out to the side, then releasing it and letting it spring back into shape, leaving her hand on her hip. "Maybe I'll straighten it before the games, though, just for you." Lori rolled her eyes. She preferred her hair in big, loose curls, but she'd straightened it before and had no particular problem with it. "But right now, I've got better things to do, you know? Ugh, better things to do than my hair, never thought I'd say that. Still, though, don't want to get out of shape just before the Games by wasting my time talking to you people- getting and maintaining a runway body isn't easy." She tilted her head to the side, as if contemplating that statement. "Well, it is for me, but I'm, you know, me." Lori lay her hands over her heart like she was pitying a small, helpless animal, shaking her head. "Aww, it's okay- we can't all be as perfect as I am." She gave them a sort of half-smile and spun around, heading to another station. Melee weapons came more naturally to her than other things, and she wanted to learn as much as she could before the games.

Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Preston continued to hack away at the dummy. He lodged the knife on the dummy's leg and turned around to respond to Lori. "I have no clue who you're talking to, but everyone here can be just as p- why do people keep doing this to me!" Preston said,  upset that whenever he tried to respond to someone, they left before he could. He gripped the knife in his hands again and continued to stab the dummy. The dummy looked like it was headless, armless, legless, and without a belly button. The other three people there were quiet from what Preston has heard. The Jared kid talked the most of the three others from what Preston could see. He put the knife back on the rack of assorted knives and daggers and stretched his arms. Preston yawned quietly and told the three, "I'll be doing  things that isn'tmurdering dummies. See you all in the arena." Preston laughed in his head devilishly and left the Melee area, probably so he could do more training.

(Preston left.)
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
eyes open [hey this is open too] Left_bar_bleue10/150eyes open [hey this is open too] Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Jared chuckled to himself when he saw Preston get a little agitated. He took his dagger out of the dummy he stabbed and set it neatly on the weapon rack before walking off to another station. He was going back to the ranged station...it was time to do something he wanted to do for a while now.
Back to top Go down
moon

moon

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:19 am

swan Genevieve Belaire

Swan had figured that Lori was from a better off family, just by the way she talked about everything. The girl felt like she was at a disadvantage for not being trained, but really, she had to believe it was anyone's game. When asked about if she was worried, Swan simply smirked. "I think -" Swan began, before being cut off by the district seven boy. She raised an eyebrow at him as he listed off a few facts, leaving her in a disagreeable mood. The tribute was about to snap something back, but it seemed like Lori was already working on that.

After Lori corrected the boy, another came over. Did everyone just barge into conversations? Swan wasn't impressed with the tricks that he did after correcting Lori. Glaring at the boy's bow, she turned over to Lori and Preston's conversation, flicking a curl behind her. Swan smiled at the girl's comment, knowing that it was actually true. Being smart was okay, but you had to have some strength to fight with. Smiling at the district seven boy, she nodded. "Yeah, pushing it back gives your hair more volume, might want to mention that one to your stylist," Swan said a matter-o-factly.

She noticed the girl from one attacking a dummy with her bare hands. A kick to the groin might've been obvious, but she watched the rest with interest. Swan knew she should take mental notes on the things that other tributes do, especially a career; they won for a reason after all. She watched as everyone left, leaving her alone with the district one girl. Walking over to the other tribute, Swan extended a hand. "I'm Swan, from District Ten," she introduced, a smile on her face.

occ: sorry i had my internet taken away by my parents for a while
Back to top Go down
ArtsyAmy
Girl with a Paintbrush
ArtsyAmy

Female Posts : 521
Birthday : 1998-06-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:04 am

eyes open [hey this is open too] Create.php?text=Lola%20Moss&name=TheOnlyException
eyes open [hey this is open too] Tumblr_inline_mqb9tqOMgu1qz4rgp
Female ~ 17 ~ District 1

When Lola turned around from the dummy, it seemed that everyone ad left. Apart from one. The person who was there originally and ignored the argument about stats. Lola already liked her, at least more than the boys. Especially after she introduced herself.

"I'm Lola, from District 1." Lola did not expect that she would ever speak to someone from District 10. But here she was, speaking to her. "I don't get why them three decided to talk about statistics. I mean, does it matter if theres a 4% chance of surviving? Besides, the Capitol put betting odds on all of us, so chances are not equal." Lola left out the fact that Career's chances are always higher, as she didn't want to put Swan down.

Lola then went to the rack and grabbed a sword. She has held a sword before, but it was quite different to the one she trained with in District 1. It felt a lot heavier, plus the grip wasn't as strong and it felt a little slippery. Lola had to hold it with both hands to slash it through the body. Lola would need more training with the sword before she even considered taking it in the Cornucopia.
Back to top Go down
moon

moon

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:56 pm

swan Genevieve Belaire

Swan smiled as the girl, Lola, introduced herself. She seemed to be a softer person than Lori, and then she made the decision to ask for the very thing she had wanted since stepping into the training gym. An alliance. "Precisely, I mean, you or Lori have such a higher chance than, say, someone from district five or six," the tribute added, her eyes finding a particular dagger. It's blade was curved, resembling a twisting river, only even in it's turns.

Watching as Lola began using a sword, she raised an eyebrow. It seemed like that wasn't her strong point, even as she attempted to use it. However, you can't be an expert at everything, and Swan was just happy to see someone as lucky to be so prepared for the games. "Hm, interesting..." she muttered, selecting the dagger off the rack. "This one's kind of different? Not your typical weapon..." Swan continued, making her way to an unharmed dummy.

Slashing at the jugular of the dummy, just as Lori had told her too, she side stepped and sunk the dagger into it's fake flesh, and then twisted it. Smirking, she turned back to Lola. "But just as deadly... kind of like me," Swan commented, running her finger along the edge of the curved blade. "Would you consider me a worth ally of the careers?" she asked with a quick raise of her eyebrows. "To have full access to everything I offer..." Stepping at Lola's dummy, she sliced it's head clean off with a swift motion.

twisted dagger:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eyes open [hey this is open too]   eyes open [hey this is open too] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

eyes open [hey this is open too]
Page 1 of 1