The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case

Go down 
+2
Sorella
Raivis Elegante
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Male Posts : 531
Birthday : 1996-12-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Left_bar_bleue0/150I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty
PostSubject: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:16 pm

JESSE HAYNES -- District Nine Male

tonight my head is spinning, i need something to pick me up

I slow my pace as I run through the town, keeping my sword on guard, looking around corners to make sure I'm alone. I walk throughout the streets and I can't help but feel creeped out. "Someone's already dead at my hands..." I mutter to myself. I keep walking, my pace matching my jittery nerves. Slowly, I peer around a building, staring into the world beyond. Taking a peek behind me, making sure no one was there, I creep around the corner of the building. A fountain stands in front of me. I don't know why, but I am drawn to it. Maybe it's the thirst I feel in my throat? I guess that's logical. I approach the fountain, keeping my head on a swivel to look for the other tributes.

items : Sword, Water Bottle, Apple, Grappling Hook & Rope

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Left_bar_bleue150/150I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:21 pm

It was dead out and no tributes were around him, he just heard the silent sounds of the crickets as it grew slightly darker.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Left_bar_bleue0/150I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty_bar_bleue  (0/150)

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:43 pm

another day in this carnival of souls... another night's sands end as quickly as it goes...

I approach the edge of the fountain, taking a seat on the lip of it. I lay the sword across my lap, looking around. It was quiet, a little too quiet for my liking, but it was peaceful. Staring at the fading sun, I feel peaceful, oddly, in the arena. Turning around, I check to see if there is any water in the fountain.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Left_bar_bleue150/150I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 10:09 pm

As he looked over to the fountain, it had one current stream of water running, but not a huge amount, it looks like it's several hundred years old. On the lip of the fountain there was something engraved on the side, but he couldn't make it out right away.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Female Posts : 1549
Birthday : 1996-02-26

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Left_bar_bleue1/1I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name:: Mysterious Cow
Alliance:: Mystery

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 10:44 pm

I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Tumblr_inline_mnqfuubpS71qz4rgp

Rune skipped down a few streets and allyways, assuming her allies were following.  As she went, she tied her bag to her belt and slipped the earplugs inside, leaving her hands completely free for use.  Humming her tune, she stopped only when she spotted a fountain... a huge one at that.  She fell silent, concerned as to what was beyond.  Putting a finger to her lips, she tried to shush and still any of the others who had followed her.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Male Posts : 1104
Birthday : 2001-05-04

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Left_bar_bleue0/0I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Zeke was still jogging pretty fast to keep up with Rune's skipping. She was humming the same tune she did in the Training room. It sounded deadly, but then it stopped. She stopped, motionless. He peaked his head to the right, looking ahead of her, a fountain. Now he looked back to make sure Shaun was following him. Zeke held his index finger to his lips slowly, hoping no noise would be made.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Male Posts : 921
Birthday : 1999-09-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Left_bar_bleue10/150I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)
Character Name:: Leon Holt
Alliance:: N/A

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 12:12 am

I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Tumblr_inline_mh783mYKEg1rq82fy

Shaun was jogging along casually with his allies, strapping the shield to his arm so he could fight better. He twirled his sword mindlessly, careful not to hit anything. He saw Zeke ahead of him begin to slow down and he did the same. He looked down and then looked around, opening his mouth to say something but stopped when he saw Zeke put a finger to his lips. He nodded to show that he understood and waited to see what they had stopped for.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:12 am

here i sit all alone like an airplane... on the edge of a sky full of solid grey...

"It would be fucking nothin'." I stare at the trickle for some reason. Maybe I hope it to grow larger? I don't know. I place the water bottle in the stream of water. No sense in not getting some water. Looking around the fountain as the bottle is filling, I see something on the edge of the fountain. Writing? That what it looks like, but I can't be sure. I lean in to see what it is. It could easily be a trap, telling me to push and then it explodes me. Whatever.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 1:59 pm

To the trio on the other side of the fountain, they stayed silent for a few minutes and nothing happened. Soon it seemed okay to speak if they wanted to. They still couldn't detect the boy on the other side.

Jesse, leans down and reads the worlds below.

A cylinder that's in the ground
Holds two part elements
What used to be is now bound
Down below it holds some supplements
Answer correctly and you'll be rewarded
But answer incorrect and you'll soar
You will find me east ward
in a place where many explore
I can be at first deceiving
but it's all about perceiving.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Left_bar_bleue1/1I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 2:58 pm

I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Tumblr_inline_mnqfpmQV0Z1qz4rgp

It was all quiet to Rune.  After a moment, she slowly turned to see if her boys had followed her.  Which they had, obviously.  She had been a bit worried, what with all that silence.  It was almost too quiet.  But she shrugged, dropping the finger from her lips, then re-adjusted her grip on the bow.  
Maybe it was because she had stopped humming, but it just felt eerie now.  Like she shouldn't disturb the quiet.  Pointing with the bow, she told the boys which direction she was going, then pointed the opposite way for them to go.  "Look for something useful," she said at a low whisper, finally breaking the silence.  Then she crept around her side of the fountain, looking for water, edible weeds, suspiciousness, anything.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Left_bar_bleue0/0I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Zeke felt quietness, nobody else here? He shrugged, nodding to what Rune said, quietly walking around the opposite side that Rune had traveled. He peaked into the fountain, trying to see if there was water. As he looked in, he kept a close eye on Shaun, to make sure he wasn't doing something that could jeopardize the whole sneaking situation. Soon enough, he looked around the bottom of the fountain, looking for anything that could be used to his and his alliance's advantage.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Elegante
Elegant Kitty
Raivis Elegante

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 9:28 pm

here i sit all alone like an airplane... on the edge of a sky full of solid grey...

The words confuse me. Aside from one part, which tells me to head east. Grabbing my water bottle, which is mostly full, I push myself from the fountain. Looking up, I note the moon, which has been rising from the east. Sighing in disbelief, I wander in the opposite way of the moon. It's taking me back to the center of hell. Whatever is there, it's something to find. As I walk away, I grip my sword tighter, unable to shake the feeling of being watched.

Jesse has left the area.

Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Left_bar_bleue10/150I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Empty_bar_bleue  (10/150)

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Shaun nodded to Rune, following after Zeke. He kept his movements as quiet as possible, stopping whenever his ally did. He saw him looking around the fountain and decided to turn his head in the other direction to see if he saw anything of note, such as anything that could be eaten or extra supplies. He wouldn't need any more weapons however. His sword and shield were heavy enough, so he didn't think he should add onto that weight.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Soon something flashes in the corner of Rune's eyes, as she goes up to the fountain on the lip she reads a message.

Along a barrier
you'll find a break in it
it's not meant to be inferior
but you'll be able to fit

Beyond the wall
you'll find something tall
up above
you'll find something to belove
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 12:33 am

I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Tumblr_inline_mnqg3yB02m1qz4rgp

There was that suspiciousness.  She looked at the fountain, finding something written there.  As she read it, she formed a little tune to hum, so she could remember it.  On a whim, she hopped up onto the lip of the fountain, humming her tune and going through the words in her head.  She pulled her pouch out and tugged it open, absently pushing the earplugs out of the way so she could see what was in there.  Maybe a water bottle, or was the bag too small?  Maybe some type of tool or a snack?  She'd get hungry soon...and thirsty.   But there was a fountain right behind her!  Rune turned to look closely, hoping there was enough to get a few mouthfuls, even though she didn't have any way to carry it around.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 7:42 am

Zeke had been looking around, but there was nothing useful he found. The boy shrugged, standing up. And Rune was in the fountain. "You find something?" He asked, a bit curiously. Zeke was just about to walk into the fountain, to make sure she wasn't hiding something. "If you find any water, just let us know." The boy said, continuing to look around for anything edible.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 11:42 am

Not really finding anything, the boy from eight sighed and walked over to the fountain, looking it over. He ran his hand over the side over it, checking if there was any indentations that might be of importance. He was hoping for something to push to maybe open some sort of secret. He didn't think there would be anything, but he may as well try, right?
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 3:12 pm

Shaun didn't find anything that'd be holding a secret, it was just an ordinary fountain. With the message that Rune had read. Zeke turned up empty with anything edible, as there wasn't really and vegetation around that'd help him. However a small trickle could be heard by all the tributes as the fountain began to slowly fill with water, it was a big enough stream to collect some.
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 3:49 pm

I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Tumblr_inline_mnqfv9Q9sQ1qz4rgp

"Just a little puzzle," she called at Zeke's words, then went back to humming the riddle's theme. "Scratch that... they're turnin the sprinklers on." The water was trickling in slowly, but there was enough for her to cup her hands and take a few mouthfuls. She wondered if the boys had brought something to hold water; that engraving didn't want them to stay. After she drank her fill, Rune looked back at the leather pouch. Maybe it was water tight? That'd help if she could just carry the few things that were stuffed in it. "Let's experiment a bit, huh?" she said, pulling out her earplugs, then reached in for whatever else the Makers had given her. But she paused when she felt it, bringing the bag closer to her face to inspect the contents.
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Zeke couldn't find anything on the ground, so he decided to go check out what was going on with Rune. "A puzzle?" He said, walking into the fountain. Then he felt like he splashed something. Water. Of course. "Okay I swear.." He said, then looking down. "Water?" Zeke said rolling up the sleeves of his weird outfit (if they had sleeves, if not, ignore that). He cupped his hands into a small bowl, putting a few mouth fulls in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 11:22 pm

Shaun looked over at Rune as soon as he heard he word "puzzle". "Really? What's it say?" He was on his way over to where Rune was, but then he heard something that sounded like water. He looked over in the fountain and grinned, cupping his hands to put in the water to trap it so he could put the water to his lips and drink. "Well...at least there's water. Anyone got something to hold it in? Cause I get the feeling the water won't last long."
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Just as they all finished getting enough water to drink and just as Shaun spoke it turned off. Inside Rune's pouch she found something and pulled it out. It was a wood chip with a smiley face. A note was attached.

We know this is stupid
but please keep this;
There's a reason this existed
it's there for when the flames miss
Back to top Go down
Cowvus
Queen of the Wolves

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 11:11 am

I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Tumblr_mtem4hNsyV1stb1kao2_500

"Somethin' about a broken fence and a really tall place." Rune got to her feet as the boys came around.  As they noticed the water, she inspected the woodchip, grinning back at the smiley face.  "Shrunk ya down, didn't they Biv?" She asked, taking the note and scanning it over.  If she'd had a pencil, she could've written down that other clue, but instead she just tacked this one onto her old tune and put everything back in the bag.  Once her pouch was re-attached to the belt, she adjusted her shield a bit and shifted the way her bow laid across her back.  "Drink up, boys.  Won't be stayin' here and I don't think any of us brought a bottle in here."  She was a bit disappointed in them, but that was a bit hypocritical, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Matti
Leopard Master
Matti

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Zeke Rails

Zeke couldn't help but love the water moistening up his tongue, mouth, and throat. When all three took a nice gulp, there was no more water coming out, just the little water remaining. The boy took another big gulp, ignoring the fact that Rune was reading something. Zeke could guess that she would share what it said later, and he knew it would be for the best. "No more water coming out, but I think we've all had our fair share." He said, laughing a bit. There were several deaths so far, and now there were fewer than before. Fewer that he'd have to witness die. But he was bummed  about that.

The boy wondered who was alive. He wasn't really paying enough attention to see if there was an anthem, he was too busy drinking up all the water the Game Makers gave. Was his district partner still alive? Zeke, even though he didn't know the girl too well, knew that they shared the pride of District Four. District Four was counting on both of them, not just one. "Well, Rune, I was a bit too busy trying to get things to defend myself. If even one of us got a water bottle, I would suggest we share." Zeke said, smiling. Cracking his knuckles, he got out of the fountain. "So how have the Hunger Games been treating you guys so far?" Zeke asked, looking around for something that could hold some water. It would probably make the D8s happy, which is good news for Zeke. He wanted to keep them alive, as both District Four and District Eight needs some strong placements. And this Games was going to be when they delivered.

coded by Kellisabell<3

HTML by Kellie ♥ Thanks ♥
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:51 pm

Shaun had been going for more water, loving the fluid dampening his already dry throat, when he saw the water had stopped. He chuckled, shook his head and said "Well...guess I jinxed that..." He looked over to his allies and saw that Rune had been looking inside her bag. He was walking over, but then heard Zeke ask how the Games had been treating them and he looked over, shrugging. "Pretty well I suppose. Not dead, so that's good. Back on the trains I found a new food. It'll be a wonder if I'm able to eat those again though."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case   I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Threw A Wish In The Well... Well, Fountain, In This Case
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next