The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snare practice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Snare practice Left_bar_bleue135/150Snare practice Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Sky Peterson
Outfit
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
"I'm sorry, do I know you? I've had trouble remembering lately."

..::To be hurt::..
..::To feel lost::..
..::To be left out in the dark::..
..::To be kicked when your down::..
..::To feel like you're being pushed around::..

If Sky wants to survive in the Arena, he has to eat. Sky had never hunted before, so he needed to learn how to use a snare, and that could be learned at the Knot-Tying station. He went over there, and saw that it was a fairly un-popular station. He didn't know why, snares were important if you wanted to eat.
Sky listens to the instructor, and watches as he makes a basic snare. Sky begins to copy it, but pulls to fast, tying a knot around his finger.

"Oops..." [color=white]He says, beginning to start over, and following the step-by-step instructions provided by the instructor

..::To be on the edge of breaking down ::..
..::And no one's there to save you ::..
..::And if you don't know what it's like ::..
..::Welcome to my life ::..
Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Snare practice Left_bar_bleue150/150Snare practice Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:23 pm

I decided after awhile I would go and practice my snares and nets. I decided that I'd have to keep up with it and then when I got there I ended up seeing a boy there, I think he was from district six. I came in and I watched the instructor go over it once. I tried it a few times and didn't get it right away but the fourth time I got it and I smiled. Then I looked over at the boy. "Hello." I said. "What's your name?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Sky Peterson
Outfit

Once Sky had un-did the not from his finger, he followed the instructors instructions and got it. He grinned, and picked up another rope, trying it again, but failing. He glances over to see that a girl (He wasn't sure the district she represented) but continued practicing his snares. Once the girl had gotten the snare done, she asked what his name was. Sky wasn't really looking into getting into a personal relationship with any of these people, knowing he'd have to kill them all eventually.
"Huh? Oh, it's Sky. From District six. You?"
His parents had taught him how to be polite. That means if someone asks your name, then you ask theirs. He didn't like it, but it was in his nature.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm

I looked at the boy, he seemed rather distant and I wouldn't blame him but wasn't he going to try and make some alliances to help get him through some critical points? I mentally shook that thought away and then I looked up at him as he said his name was Sky and what district he was from. I didn't know what was so personal about asking a name honestly I wouldn't care if he died, I got attached too much in the past and had both my brothers die. "I'm Maria, I'm from district twelve." I said firmly and undid my knot and then tried a more complicated one that I knew from home.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Female Posts : 2356
Birthday : 1914-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Rhea Glass
---District 5---Female---17---

Rhea Walked over to the snare station, hoping to learn at least one useful skill here. She needed to remember what her mentor said and learn something at every station in the training gym. She saw that there were two other tributes there already, Sky the boy she had seen a few times before and the other was a girl she had not seen yet. She walked over and flashed a friendly smile at them and then sat down and grabbed some rope. The trainer showed her a few knots and Rhea tried, unsuccessful at first but after a few tries she was able to get it. She tried moving on to some more advanced knots. "How do these even work?" she asked incredibly confused with the diagrams that were in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Sky Peterson
Outfit

Sky nodded, and gave a slight smile to the girl that called herself Maria from District twelve. He recalled her from the parade, but hadn't given the other tributes much thought. He glances back up at the instructor, and then back down to his knot, seeing what he did wrong. He quickly un-does the last step, and then re-does it, making it better. He then sees the girl from the plant station come back over to him. Rhea, he remembered, was her name. She asked how the snares worked, or at least, that's how Sky took it.
"Simple, they're made so that the slightest pull sets them off. That way, it slings whatever set them off up, and it's tied in a tight knot around whatever part of the body that touched the snare in the first place." Sky says, ranting slightly. He was curious how snares worked one day when he was younger, and he saw a tribute who had used a lot of snares to not only catch food, but other tributes.
"Sorry, I don't mean to rant." He says, going back to practicing the knots.

Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 pm

I smiled back at sky and then for the rest of the time I stayed rather silent and continued to work with my knot and it was a more complicated one. That was when a girl came up and she smiled at us. I smiled back at her and then finally got my knot to work. "I was never really one to know how they worked, I just know how to do them." I said shrugging and continued to do my knots.
Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 pm

"Oh....I see. This kind of stuff is not what Im good at. Plants and medicines, no problem but this...I'm just lost." Rhea looked at Sky as he explained the concept behind the snares. She nodded, trying to imagine the workings on the snares while he was talking. These types of things would be something Roe would be good at. He was really good with his hands and could set things up really easily. She unfortunately didn't get that from her father's side. Sky in a way reminded her of Roe, they were both quiet and logical. She smiled at him subconsciously, mainly from thinking about Roe.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Sky Peterson
Outfit

Sky glanced at Maria from what he was doing to let her know he was speaking to her.
"I'm the opposite. I know how the snares work, but I've never used one before. Never really had a reason to." He explains, moving on to the more advanced snare's. He thinks about what to say to the other girl, Rhea, because it'd be mean to ignore her.
"That's probably because you never had a reason to use them before, so you never learned how to do them. While I'm like that, I was curious how they worked." He tells her, and then scowling. He managed to tie his fingers together. Again.

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:35 pm

"Yea, we didn't hunt or trap anything back home. I don't have any practical experience with this. But I guess it would be good to know in case I need to capture someone." She laughed a little seeing Sky's confused look. "That was a joke."She just smiled and laughed some more. She needed to entertain herself in the awkwardness. Rhea fiddled with the ropes a few more times. She tied a couple of knots. She really wasn't able to get the snares down that well but she was able to complete one after awhile of working on it. Rhea just continued to tie knots, listening to whatever the trainer had to teach her. She almost felt like leaving but decided she would try to finish one more snare.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:40 pm

I nod at Sky and then I practised a few snares, going over them keeping my mind fresh, to be honest this station was boring me and I needed something more exciting to keep me more awake. "I think I'm going to agility." I said standing up and stretching my arms and then I smiled waving to both Sky and the girl who I think was from district five, I couldn't remember.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Sky Peterson
Outfit

Without looking up, Sky nods as Maria leaves to go to another station; he was going to attempt another snare or two before leaving. He wanted to practice as much as possible before the games.
He takes in what Rhea says for a moment before responding.

"What do you mean, a joke? You might be able to use one of these snares to capture someone. It was used as a tactic in one of the previous Hunger Games." He points out, completing another snare, and smiling with satisfaction.

Back to top Go down
Ariiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Ariiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Rhea laughed a little, she didn't think she was that bad with jokes but she guessed she was. Roe always told her she always got the punch lines of jokes wrong, I guess this is what he was talking about. "Never mind, my brother always told me I couldn't tell a joke to save my life. I guess it's good the winner isn't decided based on their comedic abilities." She finished tying up the last piece of her snare and tested it out. It snapped the way it was supposed to and she felt a bit of satisfaction at her accomplishment. She got up, deciding it was a good enough time to move on to the melee stations for awhile to practice her fighting skills. "Well Sky, I am done here so I think I'm going to go practice some fighting. Have fun." She waved and like that she was off to her next destination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snare practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare practice   Snare practice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snare practice
Page 1 of 1