The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old Lodgements

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Male Posts : 4574
Birthday : 1995-12-11

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Old Lodgements Left_bar_bleue150/150Old Lodgements Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:35 am

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe walked up to the back door of the house, his wife in hand. He knew the door was unlocked, so he pushed it open with his foot. Walking through the door sideways to make sure Astrid's head and legs didn't hit anything, he kicked the door closed behind him. He slowly went up the stairs. The house was in decent enough shape, but he didn't trust the stairs with two people's weight going fast, so he took his time with it. As they reached the second floor, he took her out to the balcony, "It's got a good view too" he told her, smirking. He set her down on the wide rail of the balcony, he knew from experience that it was sturdy, and since he was wrapping his arms around Astrid, he knew she wouldn't fall back. He kissed her, enjoying the scenic moment, and then rested his forehead on hers. "Any guesses to where we are?" he asked, smiling a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Female Posts : 4072
Birthday : 1997-11-02

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:42 am

Old Lodgements Pic_1193419620_1
Astrid Splints-Terrn
---Female---19---District 2---

After they had taken their little stroll in the district, to a place where Rafe seemed to know of, she just watched ahead of them. Soon they were at a back door of a house and he had opened it and they went inside, he was fairly careful with her, but eventually shut the door. Soon they went up some stairs, and Astrid was trying to think of where they were, and looked around to see if she could find any clues. Once up the stairs, they went to a balcony, and he had set her down on the railing, she trusted his judgement with the railing, and he still had his arms around her anyways. She felt his lips touch hers and soon enough he had his forehead resting on hers. Astrid heard him ask about any guessed to where they were, "I don't have a clue." Astrid said back to him looking at him, "You going to tell me, or will I have to play, guess the place?" She asked him.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:52 am

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe smiled. "Maybe it'll be a fun game" he said, placing a hand on her cheek and stroking it gently with his thumb. He was looking into her eyes as he normally did. He didn't like to talk to her any other way, this just seemed the most honest and intimate, and he liked being those things with Astrid. "I'll give you a hint, I've been in here a lot in my past." he told her meaningfully. He'd not solely brought her here for the quiet, he had to get something out of the way and he needed her support.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:59 am

Astrid Splints-Terrn

There it was, him thinking maybe that'd be a fun game and she rolled her eyes a bit. Yea, it was totally fun to guess at things blindly. She felt his hand on her cheek though and she smiled at him, as he spoke about a clue to her and she thought about it for a bit, She looked around a bit, not moving her head, but just shifting her eyes over different things, then she realized they were in the housing district. "Hmm" She said and then looked back at him. "Are we at the place where you grew up with your parents?" She asked him and then she lifted her hand up to rest hers on his as she waited to be told yes she was right or no, and she'd have to keep guessing.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe nodded, "They're both at work during the day and I remember how much I loved this balcony, so figured I'd bring you here." he said. He looked up at the sun, "We can leave if you want, they'll be back in a little bit, you probably don't want to be here to meet them or anything" he said. He didn't want to force her to stay, because it was supposed to be their alone time. He knew he wouldn't be able to confront them without her though, and he was married, and a victor, he had to face them about his childhood eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Astrid Splints-Terrn

Soon he nodded to confirm that they were at his parents house. He mentioned how they worked during the day, and then mentioned the balcony being a place that he loved, and she looked up at the sky and down below, she could see why, and then she looked back over at him. He then started to talk about how they could leave if she wanted and that she probably didn't want to meet his parents or anything. She then took his hand that had been on her cheek in hers and looked at him. "Rafe, I don't mind staying" She said smiling, "I've never met your parents before, nor have you really spoken about them, and the fact that we're here right now, is different, so I'm willing to stay." She said and kissed him and she knew this was probably going to be a stepping stone for Rafe, she didn't have any problems being there for him, or meeting his parents, even if they weren't the nicest people, she still wanted to meet them, just to know about what little family he had. He knew of the only family she had left, or that she knew about for that matter. "Plus, this balcony is pretty nice, I can see why you'd like it so much." Astrid said.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe sighed a little bit, thinking of his memories from this place. "The reason I loved this balcony so much was because no one else came here, so whenever my parents were disappointed with me I'd come here to be alone as a kid" he said, "Surprisingly, Flint and his brother were the only two that really treated me well in the family, and Flint was the most emotionless human being I've known." he said. He helped Astrid to get off the railing so she could stand and look at the view. He put his hands on the railing on either side of her, trapping her in front of him. "I never came and saw my parents after my games, I didn't want to be an annoyance to them" he said, "But I mean, I sort of have to face them eventually, especially since now they have a daughter in law" he added, almost apologetically.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Astrid Splints-Terrn

Soon enough, Astrid was being told a bit about Rafe's childhood and she knew then that it was best all those times where she was curious that she had kept her mouth shut and waited for him to come to her about it, it was better when he decided to tell her himself and open up. She didn't like to force him to do anything that he didn't want to do. He spoke about his cousin Flint and she nodded, and soon her helped her down off the railing and she was now able to look at the view with him, especially since her had placed his hands on the railing on either side of her keeping her there, which she didn't mind, she liked being around Rafe. Then he was speaking again. Once he finished she smiled a bit, because of how much he shared with her. "Well, you're their son, and I think even if your cousins did feel more like family to you, you're never an annoyance to your parents, I mean I can't speak too much about your parents, since I don't know them," She said and then paused and soon started up again, "I mean they can't have the audacity, to not congratulate you on being a victor, they should be proud of you, you came home and you beat twenty three other tributes, but no matter what happens, Rafe" She said and paused to turn her head to look at him now, "I'll be here for you, I'm here no matter what, whether it happens to be bad or not." She said and gave him a reassuring smile. "I'll always support you, in anything you want to do."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe smiled at Astrid's words and wrapped his arms around her to give her a hug. He leaned down and kissed her. "Thanks" he said, being extremely grateful that she'd be there for him. He heard a door open downstairs and sighed lightly, resting his chin on Astrid's shoulder, "That'd be them" he said, somewhat worried still about the idea of going down there.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:34 pm

Astrid Splints-Terrn

She felt his arms wrap around her again and she enjoyed being held in his arms. Soon he leaned down and kissed her and he had given his thanks to her. Soon she heard a door close, and Rafe sigh as he rested his chin on her shoulder and told her, that'd be them. She knew that he wasn't in a hurry to go and talk to him but she wasn't going to let him walk away from doing it either. "Look, you'll be okay." She told him softly, and had her arms around him and soon she began to rub his back a bit in hopes to comfort him. "You always got me to lean on, and I promise I'll be good." She said saying the last part as a joke and chuckled a bit herself. She was only hoping to lighten the mood a bit for him.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe smiled nervously, "Yea, have to be on your best behavior missy" he said, making himself sound grumpy. He reached down and slipped his hand into Astrid's, "Come on" he said, nodding his head towards the stairs, "I guess it's time to meet the parents" he said, resigned to doing what had to be done. He lead her off the balcony and down the steps, when he got downstairs to the living room he stopped as his dad came out of the kitchen and saw him. "Rafe, what are you doing here?" Rafe froze for a second, before gaining some confidence knowing Astrid was with him, as he could feel her warm hand in his. "Uhh figured I'd pay you guys a visit" he said awkwardly. "Just thought you might be interested in meeting your daughter in law and all" he added, glancing at Astrid.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Astrid Splints-Terrn

Astrid grinned as he mentioned she had to be on her best behaviour, she was going to make more jokes but decided jokes could be kept for later. He slipped his hand into hers and then they started to make their way off the balcony and they made it down the stairs, it was a bit slow going for Astrid with her leg and all, but she managed the stairs fine enough, either way they ended up in the living room and soon his dad came out and asked Rafe what he was doing, Astrid almost felt bad for Rafe, was their son not allowed to visit them? Then Rafe soon answered and mentioned her, Astrid gave his dad a smile, "Hi." She said, feeling like it was rude if she didn't say anything. She squeezed Rafe's hand lightly, to make sure he knew for certain she was still there for him.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe saw his dad looking over Astrid for a quick second, almost like a moment of truth in the works. "Oh right, With the bear and all..." his dad trailed off for a brief moment, "Your mother was pretty disappointed-" Rafe's mind darkened at that word, but his father kept talking, "that you two got married on the train, or wherever it was. She wanted to have been there for that part of your life, at least" he finished, Rafe didn't connect with that at first, his mother wanted to be there? His dad looked at him, as if he knew what he was thinking, "Of course, I could understand it, we haven't exactly given much reason to you to want us around" he said. Rafe stood there, somewhat confused, "What do you mean?" he said, feigning obliviousness to see how his dad would explain.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Astrid Splints-Terrn

Astrid stood there, and she watched as his dad looked over at her for a quick second and then mentioned something about the bear, which she assumed he was talking about Mr.Snuggles and the proposal with it. When he told Rafe that his mother was disappointed, Astrid just held his hand a bit tighter, hoping he wasn't going to get too moved by that. Then things got a bit lighter in the term of what his father meant. Astrid wasn't sure if she should say anything, or if she should leave the conversation between him and his dad for now, she'd say something if she was being spoken too or really knew much about it. Astrid looked up at Rafe for a moment and then back at his dad.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe's dad sighed, "You know what I mean Rafe, what other reason did you have to never visit us or invite us to your new home after your games. You think that we'd have rathered have someone like Flint as a son" he said. Rafe, speechless, just nodded. "Just because we didn't show it doesn't mean we weren't proud of you, even before you won your games. We're just tough on you because it's how the Terrn family always has been, I was raised that way so it's how I raised you, it's how your uncle raised Flint and his brother." his father spoke in a really simple to follow tone and pace, he didn't sound stressed at all about the subject, just a little bit sad.

Rafe's mind was still coming to terms with the idea of his parents actually being proud of him when a voice came from the doorway behind them "Oooh", he turned his head and saw his mom. "Rafe, we weren't expecting you" she said, her head turned to Astrid as she realized he wasn't alone. "Oh, why hello there Astrid" his mother's tone was surprisingly upbeat, she seemed happy for once. She walked over to Astrid quickly, "I haven't heard much about you personally, but for what it's worth welcome to the family!" his mother spoke quickly as she got to Astrid and gave her a friendly hug. She stepped back and put her hands on Astrid's shoulders, "Please sit, both of you. I've been waiting a long time for Rafe to come see us, even more so after your games, dear" she said, motioning them to the couch.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Astrid Splints-Terrn

When his father began to talk again, about raising him and such, she couldn't help but feel it was a little sad to hear. She knew from that point on, if she were to have have a child with Rafe that she didn't want to be tough with their kid, if it turned into something like that, she didn't want her kid to grow up and think that she wasn't proud of them. Astrid then remembered back about her own family life, when it was all still together. It was kinda difficult to remember though because last time she had an actual family was the latest when she was eight years old. She was always closest to her dad, he'd always chase her around the house, and he taught her a bunch of things, and in the last bits of his life when she was ill she distanced herself from him, she regrets it but it was easier to let go and he understood.

Astrid was brought back when she heard a female voice, and she only assumed that'd be his mother. She said hello and a few other things to Astrid and she smiled, "Hello, Mrs.Terrn." Astrid said replying to her and her hello. Of course she knew her name, Astrid was a victor. Soon enough she felt arms go around her. Astrid hadn't actually really been hugged by anyone, well that was besides Rafe. She wasn't sure how to react to it at first, but eventually she pulled back and then rested her hands on her shoulders. Astrid soon took hold of Rafe's hand again, and she led him to go sit on the couch with her, like his mother mentioned. "Well, I've only been home for one day so far." Astrid said smiling, "So I suppose you didn't need to wait too long then?" She asked, trying to make a bit of a joke since before his mom showed up, things were a bit serious and all.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe sat down beside Astrid as his mother sat in one of the two chairs across from them, "Gerald, sit down" she said, to his dad. He smirked a bit at the mention of his dad's name, Gerald and Helena Terrn, his family had weird names. His mom had set her hands on her legs, sitting with them together. "So, Rafe, I'm assuming you didn't just come here to introduce us to Astrid" she said, knowing how he acted. Rafe shifted in his seat, "Uh, no, I came because I never came here after my games, at all. I was afraid you guys would still be disappointed in me for not following the path most Terrn's did in their lives." he said, coming out with it straight and honest. His mom shook her head, "What did I tell you" she said, looking at his dad.

"Rafe, just because you aren't the same as other Terrn's tend to be, the stoic figure like Flint, or your father here." she said, glancing back at his dad, "Doesn't mean we aren't proud of you, and it definitely doesn't mean we're disappointed with you" She looked him in the eyes. "You have no idea how proud we were just to see you growing up strong, not being afraid to go outside what you believed the family expected of you. Of course then you went off and won your Games, something no Terrn has ever done, and maybe the differences between you and Flint are what separated you two from the top three and victory in your games'."

She paused, and Rafe interjected, "So you guys are fine with the fact I'm not a fan of the games like Flint was and dad is, and everything else?" His mom smiled, "That was never really important, and now look, you're married to a beautiful girl, who happens to be a victor herself, and if she gave you the ability to bring yourself to this house after all these years, she must bring out the best in you" He'd never heard his mom speak in this caring tone before, it was sort of nice. "Now" his mom interrupted his thoughts, "I think that is cleared up enough for just this second, " she turned to Astrid, "I've been so looking forward to meeting you, how did you two actually meet?" she asked, turning this into a couple questionnaire out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:14 am

Astrid Splints-Terrn

Astrid listened to them, as they all spoke. She knew right now at this moment it was mostly Rafe and his mother talking, she seemed nice, and Astrid was glad for that. She wouldn't know what she would have done, otherwise. She noticed that Rafe's father, who was later referred to as Gerald, but his mom, was fairly silent too. They both weren't really being spoken to, too much. Soon Astrid went into a series of thinking, not really being addressed at the moment. Astrid was trying to remember what her own mother was like before she went crazy. Sometimes it was difficult, knowing that her parents were gone, and she wouldn't have them back, once they were gone that was it, but she did have Astoria, and now she had Rafe, and whatever he had for family, which was always better than nothing. Astrid honestly, didn't have many good memories about her mother, because before Astoria left to go in the games they were really poor.

Soon enough, she came back into where they actually were, in Rafe's parents' home. She listened in on to what Rafe's mother was talking about and smiled, when she mentioned a lot of nice things about her and Astrid leaned her head on Rafe's shoulder still smiling and she figured she'd be able to get along with his mother. Soon she asked how Rafe and Astrid first met, and soon Astrid remembered and grinned. "Well, it was in the training center about five years back or so, I decided I'd pester him during training." Astrid said honestly, not really feeling the need to lie about what her intentions had been.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:23 am

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe smirked a little bit, his dad seemed to do the same, before his face returned to normal. "Yea" he said, "Felt the constant need to push over the bar on the bench press as I held it over my face" he said, nudging Astrid. His mother smiled a bit, "I suppose it all went upwards from there?" she asked, seeming to be prying for details on how they got to know each other from their meeting on. Rafe started to answer part of it, "Well, we uh, talked a lot in the training center and started training together, and then sorta moved on to going out places together" he said, his mother turned to him, "That's nice and all but I want to hear it from a fellow lady, we don't have very many around here, if you'll notice"
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:46 am

Astrid Splints-Terrn

Astrid watched how Rafe and his dad smirked, that's when she decided that Rafe was a bit like his father but seemed a bit more sociable like his mother was. Then she heard Rafe mention the things that she did and Astrid smirked, "You liked it." She said and nudged him back and she listened to his mom and him talk a bit and then by the end Astrid grinned as she heard his mother basically telling her son to shut up in a nice and kind way. Astrid chuckled a bit, "Yea, Rafey, she wants to hear from me." She said teasing him and then turned to his mother, "Mostly what he said does sum it up though, I mean, I think the high light of it all, was him giving me piggy backs around the district to the places we were going, and everything." She said smiling. "Eventually though, after all that we were together, it was difficult though, when he went off to the games." Astrid said finally and just sat there.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:55 am

At the end of the conversation...

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe's mom finally stood up, stretching her legs. "Well, I think that's enough talk for today." she said, Rafe couldn't say he disagreed, they'd been sitting for a long time with Astrid talking to his mom about basically the entire five years of their relationship. "Is there anything else we need to talk about before you two go? I imagine you have some plans, it's almost supper time after all" she said, smiling. His father gave Rafe one of the rarest things he'd ever given him as they both got up, a small smile, "any time you need to talk Rafe, you know where we are" he said reassuringly, or as reassuring he could be with such limited experience in being that way. Rafe smiled back at him, shaking his hand. He turned to Astrid, "We all good?" he asked, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:46 am

Astrid Splints-Terrn

Astrid watched as soon the hours went by, and him and his mother talked about the past five years of her and her son's relationship. At least she was interested in what they were, and now Astrid had met his parents and she had been able to talk with at least his mother. She was glad that he had decided to finally face his parents. As it came to an end, she watched Rafe get up with his father and they exchanged some words, and Astrid just sat there still, not sure how to say it, but she was almost certain she knew. Astrid had her arms crossed over her stomach at this point, and she knew it had gotten bigger a bit, since she's been home. Soon Rafe asked if they were all good. Astrid looked up at Rafe and his parents, she wasn't sure if now was the best time, but best to kill two birds in one stone, more like three in this case. "Well, uh.." Astrid trailed off and she looked down for a bit and then when she lifted her head, she looked into Rafe's eyes, knowing, he didn't know yet, and he was the one who needed to know the most. "I uh, well, I think.." She was having problems spitting it out, and she was about to smack herself for having complications with this, "Actually, I'm almost certain..." She said and her eyes threatened to dart down again, but keeping eye contact was important here, she cleared her throat, and then finally spit it out, "I'm almost certain, that I'm pregnant."
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:06 am

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe froze at Astrid's last little bit, once she got what she wanted to say out. He immediately knew it was happening, in his head he connected the dots between this moment and the night they'd returned to the district, that was when it must've happened. "How do you know?" he asked, wondering if there was a bump or if she'd been sick and throwing up without letting him know. His parents had remained silent up to now, he glanced over at them and saw his mother with her hands over her mouth, he could make out an excited smile hidden there, his father didn't really show much emotion, but he surprisingly spoke up, "So, another Terrn in the family then?" he said, then his mother, "Oh my goodness congratulations!" she said, giving Astrid another hug, "I know, you're a bit young, but accidents happen you know. Flint's older brother was born when your uncle and aunt were only 18, you'll be fine" she said, pulling back. Rafe, overcoming his initial shock, started to smile a bit, it wasn't really horrible, he was 21, they were victors, maybe they would be good parents. He hugged Astrid, lifting her up gently, now cautious not to put too much pressure on her stomach, before setting her down, "You're gonna be a mom" he said, smirking at her.
Back to top Go down
Sorella
Retired Admin
Sorella

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:25 am

Astrid Splints-Terrn

Astrid watched how Rafe reacted initially, he was shocked and she could tell. What guy wouldn't be, and then she kinda knew it was a bad idea to let the bomb go, in front of his parents, but she wasn't sure how it would have gone if they weren't there. Soon Rafe asked how did she know, and she looked down and sighed, "Because, I have a bump, I mean, it's easy to hide right now, and plus I've been sick once or twice so far, at first I didn't think much of it though, but it kind of all makes sense in the end." Astrid said and she looked back up. I twas a bit of silence and then finally the first person to break it was Gerald. He mentioned there being another Terrn in the family and she smiled at that comment, and eventually Rafe's mother congratulated her. She then hugged her again, yet again it was different for Astrid to be hugged by a mother of any type. She then told Astrid not to worry and she nodded, Astrid was just happy that at least her and Rafe were married already, and they were both safe from the games. She felt his arms go around her, hugging her and picking her up a bit. Astrid smiled again and soon he mentioned she was going to be a mom, "Well, you're gonna be a dad." She retorted.
Back to top Go down
Loki
God of Sarcasm
God of Sarcasm
Loki

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:38 am

Rafe Terrn
Old Lodgements Rafeterrn

Rafe started to laugh, nervous laughter about the idea of having a kid, along with his thoughts to that response. "Well I'd hope so, otherwise this conversation of you being pregnant would be pretty awkward" he said, smiling. His dad let out a sound of mild amusement at that comment, and Rafe realized maybe behind his dad's quietness and following of the Terrn way, they really were somewhat alike. His mother was clearly containing a lot of excitement, "Well, we'll let you two be off, just be sure to visit more often Rafe, okay?" she was requesting it, and Rafe nodded as he walked out the door with Astrid, "I guess that'd be alright" he said, giving her a little smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old Lodgements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Lodgements   Old Lodgements Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Lodgements
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 2 :: Houses-
Jump to: