The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The company of animals is always a great one [end]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The company of animals is always a great one [end] Left_bar_bleue150/150The company of animals is always a great one [end] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Empty
PostSubject: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 3:21 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] BwTEbUx
The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_m4yx7acI601rwydxoo1_500

The hooves of the familiar black Mustang sounded comforting as the boy took it a couple of rounds through the fields, back in his comfortable flannel shirts and jeans. He just needed to y'know, do nothing for a lil while. His arms and waist still ached from the Games, but it was worth it getting on Sephy. They let him go back home before he had to tend to other things with the stinkin' Capitol and all. When he got off the train there were people there, people that didn't know him just for the mandatory celebration. Derald quickly got past that as he heard his partner call out to him. She barked, dashing straight at him, tackling him down on the ground. He noticed how Dusk had a couple of tears while she licked his face for a long time.

Derald brought Sephy to a slow canter, letting her graze around while he stayed on top of her, letting his mind wonder. He readjusted his hat, pulling it a little over his eyes while he tried to think and get things straight again. Dusk trotted around the fields, chasing a butterfly around until she noticed the horse stop running around. She made her way closer to her owner, a smile on her that seemed to have disappeared over the past months, making sure that he was still around. The last time she let him out of her sight, he never came back. Derald let out a sigh, closing his eyes as Sephy continued around the fields. He jolted up when she gave an annoyed neigh and he pulled on her reins for her to stop, pulling off the hat that blocked his view to see what happened. "Sorry there miss!" He looked over and got off Sephy to see who it was. He stretched out a hand for her to help her back up. "Didn't see where this girl was goin' at all. You okay?" He chuckled as he looked up to Sephy who huffed, clearly putting the blame on him instead as he smiled back to the girl.

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Sun May 04, 2014 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 4:30 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] PwQlCCb
The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_ml9584phzg1qzg2sjo3_250

Annie was walking her mom's four corgis in the fields that reminded her of her old house when one of them pulled surprisingly hard for such a small, short-legged dog. She laughed and chased after it, being jerked along by the leash. "Yip!" she fake-scolded with a smile when he'd stopped propelling himself forward at top speed, "You're certainly energetic today, aren't you?" The puppy looked up at her, panting, and then continued running off up a hill. The other corgis were quick to follow, so when they reached a meadow that Annie knew was fairly safe and where she let them roam free sometimes, she unhooked their leashes and took a step back. They trotted across the grass, yapping and frolicking with each-other. Annie couldn't help but grin when she looked at them. They were always so happy.

Suddenly, something with long legs knocked into her and sent her falling backwards. She widened her eyes, throwing out her hands to try and brace for impact, and toppling onto the grass. Annie took a moment to evaluate her situation before she tried to get up. She looked up, and into the eyes of a horse. "Hello," she said, a bit startled. She glanced around quickly. The corgis were fine. Annie tucked her hair out of her eyes and examined her arms for anything that needed medical attention, but she was pretty sure that, at worst, she'd only acquired a bruise or two. She then noticed a blonde boy standing in front of her with a hat and his hand outstretched. She hesitated, trying to figure out why his face looked familiar, before placing her own hand lightly into his. "Um, yeah, I'm okay, thanks," she said, pulling herself to her feet and dusting herself off and smiling at him. "Don't worry about it."

Annie tried to avoid staring at the boy's face. He couldn't be much older than her, but she hadn't really known anyone her age before she moved to Aunt Jemima's, so why did she get the feeling she'd seen him before? She extended her hand out again, this time for a handshake. "I'm Annie. Nice horse you've got there." She looked at him sideways. "I'm sorry, you look so familiar. Have we met?"

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The company of animals is always a great one [end] Left_bar_bleue150/150The company of animals is always a great one [end] Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 9:27 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_mq18rhNBpV1r032zxo2_250

Sephy blinks as the girl greeted her, the horse stared at the new comer for a few moments before turning away, not knowing what to feel about her. She has never really seen this girl around before either. Derald looked back to his horse and chuckled, shaking his head as he waited for her hand. The moment she held on to it, he felt his arm tense up and the rest of him freeze. Derald panicked and didn't exactly grip onto her to help her up. as if he was too afraid to move anymore than that, like any move he makes will hurt her. He only felt himself breathing again when she let go, her reply registering to him. Derald grinned as he put his hat back on, "Phew. Well that's a relief." He noticed beside her were four corgi dogs running aroung chasing each other and Dusk sat up, her ears perked as she turned to her owning whining and begging for him to give her the go signal. Derald ruffled her back and pat it two times, "Alright go ahead." And before he even finished the border collie was off the join the other dogs.

Derald turned back to see the girl staring at him but immediately introduce herself, outstretching her hand again. He hesitated for a moment before forcing his hand out there. Every contact made him draw away a bit. "The name's Derald! And this nice horse here ain't that nice at all, aren't ya Sephy? Don't ya need to apologise or somethin'?" The horse neighed and refused to accept his fault on this matter at all. Derald shrugged in defeat, and he thought that the long break away from him would've changed Persephony, but not one bit has. And before he could continue to conversation, Annie stared at him again, this time asking him if they met. Derald raised an eyebrow as he recalled back to the good ol days, when his friends were still having fun as 'kids' at heart. He shook his head, her face not any more familiar than the people he saw by the trains. "Don't think so, unless you were there at that barn party that one time!" He brightened up, that thought most plausible at that moment as he added in, "Or maybe Sephy here ran you over before." He pat the Black Mustang who disagreed grumpily to her owner. Dusk paused fro playing with the other dogs when she realised that she herself had no greeted the new comer and she ran over to Annie propping her front legs on Annie's and she licked in greeting, before going back over to the dogs. "And that's Dusk. Spontaneous one, she is. You have a lovely group of dogs too. They all yours?" He watched them play together, the same butterfly coming back to entertainment them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:18 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_mmwl5gWmIh1rotn1uo2_250

Annie nodded her head as Derald spoke, looking over her shoulder at the corgis, who seemed to be thoroughly enjoying their new companion. "Lovely to meet you, Derald. And don't worry, there's no apology necessary," she said with a smile, taking her hand back and resting it on her hip. She shook her head, trying to remember if she'd ever been to a party for someone not in her family, and coming up with nothing. "I doubt it; we used to live way out there somewhere," she paused to gesture off into the distant fields, far away from the towns of District 10, "so there weren't really a lot of parties to attend... or other horses to bump into than our own." She laughed, but even his name sounded familiar. Maybe it's something he doesn't want me to know... ooorrrr maybe I'm crazy. Either way, it'd be rude to pry, right? Annie decided to let it lie for the time being. "Never mind."

Annie giggled when the border collie came up to her and put her paws on Annie's legs. "Hi, sweetie!" she cooed, stroking the top of the dog's head and letting her lick her hand before she ran off. "Ah. Cute name. Cute dog, too." The corgis were tumbling around, chasing eachother and Dusk, happy to have a new playmate. "Uh, no, not really. Well, kind of. They're my mom's. She loves corgis. These four are so full of energy, though, that we have to take them out all the time, and she was busy, sooo..." she shrugged. "Here I am! As for you... just a leisurely horse ride?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:34 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_lqv3g3ZC2E1qmegcko2_500

Sephy huffed into Derald's ear as if saying I told you so while Annie didn't really need any apologies from the horse. He stuck a tongue out at Sephy, ending their argument for now in the most childish ways of cold war. He followed Annie's fingers at they pointed off to the other side of the fields, basically places where people rarely go, or just go there to get lost. People actually live there? It was something hard to believe because staying further away would just tick off peacekeepers having to expand their patrols. "They actually let people stay all the way out there?" Derald asked in disbelief, wondered how it's like. Personally, he'd like the seclusion, having a lil more alone time and then again, imagine the irregular ruckus when random people come stumbling by. He tried to look further down the large fields, really wanting to see a house or something. Derald almost missed her saying never mind and he shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets, "Hey it's okay, we'll just take a lil more time to jolt our memories. Maybe somethin' would come out of it!" He passed that off as just really bad memory on his part, but he knew that people were gonna recognise him from the Games. He can't say that he'll like it, it's not something he wants to be recognised for, but he'll just hafta live with it.

While his mind wandered off to that, he noticed Annie complimenting Dusk and he laughed, "Don't let her hear that, she'll get all in over her head!" He leaned onto Sephy as she replied about the corgis and he continued, "Dogs are a handful aren't they? But guess they're worth it." He folded his arms thinking up of an answer, "Well, you could say that. Guess I just needed time to think things out. They're a lil crazy right now." Derald chuckled as he let it go silent for a while before he asked Annie, "Wanna give her a go? She may not be the most pleasant one to ride, but she'll take that breath outta ya, that's for sure." He gave Sephy a few good pats as her tail whipped around to hit him back, taking it more of an insult than a compliment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:11 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_mdlajoc17W1rya9cko1_500

Annie stayed quiet while he spoke, remembering her life before the move. "Yeah... I don't know. Maybe they just didn't know about it, because unless they've figured out how to cause roof-and-wall-uplifting storms outside of the arena, then I don't think we ever got in trouble... who knows, maybe my parents were paying 'em or something." She shook her head. "We moved in with my aunt, which is rather a large total of people living in one house. I mean I've got five siblings, plus my parents and my aunt and her two kids, sooo... it can get a bit cramped." She was just realizing how nice the open space around her was now that she thought about back home. When he said they should take more time to jolt their memories, Annie chuckled. "Sure." She smiled at the horse, who she noticed seemed to have a very close and adorable relationship with her rider, and then back at the playful dogs. "Yeah, I love dogs. We've got an Australian Shepherd, too, but she's not as hyper as them so she's satisfied enough just running around the farm, chasing a chicken every now and then."

Annie couldn't help but wonder what 'things' were crazy, but she knew it'd be a bit rude to ask. "Well, good luck with 'em, and if you ever need someone to talk to..." she trailed off. You hardly know this person, don't expect them to start pouring out every detail of their life. she scolded herself. She was just used to her siblings knocking on her door every time they went through a breakup, or their favorite cow got sick, or they got in a fight with her other sibling, or they were just feeling down. Annie liked being the person her family members came to for advice, but it did, she was discovering, become a habit that slipped into other encounters. Then he offered her a ride on his horse and she giggled. She'd always liked riding horses, but it was always a little awkward on the first go with a new horse. "Only if you promise not to laugh at me if I fall off. I mean, I've ridden plenty of times before, but still. Unfamiliar horse." She was slightly nervous to get up on Sephy's back, as she looked somewhat feisty, so she lifted her hand for Sephy to sniff. "Oh, and sorry, it's rude of me not to ask after rambling on so much about my own- how's your family? Any siblings?"

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:00 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_inline_mnxn33l7wJ1qz4rgp

Derald's face change to somewhat pain as he heard about Annie's previous house, "Sorry 'bout the house. But hey, I bet it's an achievement for not being bothered by the peacekeepers." Derald let out a low whistle, "Wow, that's a huge family. But at least I reckon it'll definitely be lively everyday!" He pulled off his hat and tossed it onto Dusk as she ran around in circles with it. "Though maybe bringing her out once in a while might do her some fun." Derald shrugged as he imagined the size of her whole family in a little cozy home; it must be really hectic nut so much fun.

Derald looked up to Annie as she offered something he rarely hear much but didn't finish her sentence. He stared at her before giving in to a laugh, "Y'know what? I'll be taking you up on that offer!" He bumped one side of her shoulder with his fist, continuing, "Thanks. Really." He doubt anyone would actually do that though, even Tess, but she'll still care whenever he goes up to her. Still, she's so busy with her own things that he rarely does. Sephy took a cautious step back as Annie approached her but Derald encouraged her forward, stroking her mane calmly before she walked up to the new girl and greeted her with sniff and luck on her hand. "I promise," Derald said before he grinned, "Probably." He noticed how quickly Sephy warmed up to Annie and he went on to adjust the reins and saddle. "You can try her out yourself first if yer up for it. She just well, doesn't like to be told what to do," Derald shrugged and looked up to the stubborn horse. He stood by the side of the saddle and offered, "Here, I'll help ya get on her. Just don't pull the reins yet." Derald chuckled, patting Sephy sternly to keep her in place. He turned to Annie as she turned the family question to him instead, "Naw it's fine! It's fun listening to others y'know!" He paused before shaking his head, "And nope, no siblings or what not. I live by the farm closer to town. And it's just my uncle, my cousin and I. And all these lil ruckus." He gestured to the animals around, that basically represent the rest our their farm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:59 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_md4rjsw19Y1r62bhto3_r1_250

Annie nodded. Perhaps the Paulie did need some more time outside, but she never really seemed to ask for it. Maybe she's just shy. Oh, I hope she hasn't been hiding her need for more walking time just because she doesn't want to ask! Poor baby. "Yeah, I should probably start taking her out more. We do sometimes bring her along with the corgis, or sometimes my dad goes out for a jog and takes her with him." She shrugged, and smiled when Derald said he might actually take her up on the offer to just listen to his problems. Annie tucked her hair behind her ear. "Anytime." He punched her lightly on the arm and she laughed. Am I supposed to bro-punch him back or something? Is that a thing? Annie mentally cursed her upbringing, although she was pretty proud of herself so far. Not totally screwing things up yet, right?

Annie started to hop up on to Sephy, hoping she wouldn't be bucked off, while listening to Derald about his family. She was genuinely interested. There wasn't a lot of exposure to other lifestyles where she'd lived, so every new story was almost exciting. "Must be nice to have peace and quiet sometimes, although I guess it could be kind of lonely. But you must have friends, yeah?" She lifted her leg over Sephy's back. "I dunno, I've always assumed most people who don't live a million miles away from everyone have friends outside their family. But I'm not exactly the most informed on the subject." Annie settled herself onto the saddle and stroked Sephy on the head. "You're a very beautiful horse," she said affectionately, and then, as an afterthought: "Please don't throw me off and kill me, girl. I'd really appreciate it." She glanced at Derald from Sephy's back. "Should I just..." she trailed off, not wanting to spook the horse or the boy.

Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:08 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_m24l5zaKkC1qcjsty

Derald sympathised over the dog issue, "The quieter dogs rarely say anythin' at all and guess the only way to know is to really watch 'em." Derald knelt down and stretched out both arms to greet the four corgis for a short moment. He looked up to Annie with a mischievous grin, "Anytime? You might wanna take back your word on that." He recalled himself annoying people at 3am just for the kicks. And by people he usually just mean Tess. But you never know what that could mean next time.

As he got up and tried to help Annie up on the Black Mustang without her throwing a tantrum. Surprisingly calm though unamused, Sephy let the new girl on her. She bent down to chew on the grass while the girl settled in. "Nah, got a couple but sometimes friends just drift apart," Derald shrugged, looking back during Reaping Day when he was reaped, no one but Tess visited and he knew it was way better that way. More disheartening but less heart breaking if he didn't make it. "And guess that depends on the people! Sometimes I think it's just me!" He laughed, not really taking that statement seriously at all as he tightened the stirrups to match her height. "And ya can't be livin' that far away. ..Do ya?" Derald dismissed the idea at first but then realised how possible it was for them to well sneak in or something cool. Then again. "I'm sure you got a couple of friends around too," Derald stood up straight as he took a step back from Sephy, making sure everything was in strap and ready to go. Guess it was kinda a blessing in disguise since he put Sephy on saddle today, since most of the day it's just bareback. He glanced up to Annie, looking a little hesitant on what she should do next. Every horse is really different and trying to just go in one way is a little bad idea. "Yeah, just hold on to the reins, don't pull em, and squeeze yer legs in twice for her to go fast, Sephy will prolly do the rest," Derald stared at Sephy as she let out a short neigh, almost excited to go out again. He calmed her down as he stroked her face, giving her time to soothe. Derald finally step away and tip his hat down, "Enjoy the ride, miss!" He annbounced giving her one last grin of assurance, mixed with a bit of fear of what the stubborn horse would do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 3:51 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_msxn3cyaxG1qmohc9o6_250

Annie listened carefully to Derald's instructions of how to ride Sephy as he adjusted the stirrups. "Thanks." There different styles of riding that horses had been taught and every horse was different. Hold reins, don't pull, squeeze legs twice to go faster. Hold reins, don't pull, squeeze legs twice to go faster. As riding styles went, it wasn't the most difficult technique she'd ever had to remember, nor the furthest adaptation from her usual riding style, but she was worried she'd ending up falling on her face and injuring the horse or just making the worst first impression ever. She squeezed her legs together gently on Sephy's belly to get her started walking, then again to go a little faster, talking as she went but paying close attention to the horse.

"Yeah, I don't know about friends... the only time I interacted with people outside my family was at school, I guess. My parents weren't allowed to just teach me everything at home, but I had to leave the minute school let out or I'd never get home in time to finish my schoolwork and farm chores. Plus my parents would rather I focus on education over side conversations in class. So, you know, not much time for bonding." Annie shrugged and tried to turn Sephy back to go in a circle once she'd gotten further along, about 20 feet from Derald but still audible distance. In the past, when Annie had ridden horses with similar training, she'd been told to lean the way she wanted to go an push in with the opposite foot, but she didn't want to spook Sephy and get bucked off. "How do you turn her?" she called back to him, balancing herself on Sephy's back in preparation.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:25 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_inline_mkv11lnAR91qz4rgp

Derald scratched his head a little confused, "Well that ain't fun. How did ya ever survive the boringness of nothingness? I'll let ya in on a secret though, I actually missed a couple of school years as a kid, rebellious lil one." Almost proud of that fact as he brought up a cheeky peace sign to Annie who was a little further way now after getting Sephy into a canter. It's funny that they won't let people home school when it would've been financially beneficial to them. Derald shrugged on that thought, having actually missed a couple of early years because of the whole not under parents name. So it took awhile before he was even accepted as a child with a guardian. He don't remember much of it accept playing all day long at home though. Derald strolled around as he watched her go, so far so good for being on Sephy. Anyone who was a first rider would've been easily flung off. "What 'bout now? Are things any better around where ya live now?" Derald asked genuinely worried for her life, all work and no play would make a very depressed Derald. He realised something and wanted ask again but she called out to him.

He answered almost instantly, "Ya don't." Derald shrugged and broke away from that serious sombre face, "The usual left for right, right for left, but I ain't kidding about the first part." Sephy may have been painstakingly trained that way but she's truly one of a kind. Derald took years to get her respect and obedience  - only to a certain extent. Sephy was having a nice time basking in the wind while she rode ahead, trying as hard to stick to the instructions given but she saw a slop down ahead. Even with plenty of length in between, Sephy casually swerved to the left, expecting people to actually hold on tight. But of course, the horse soon found no weight on her back and she stopped, turning around to see her rider on the ground, yet again. This time though Sephy slowly made her way towards her and licked her cheek in apology. That was a first and the last time that horse would prolly do something like that, ever. Derald saw his horse do a typical sharp turn that would've been almost natural to foresee for him. But that horse of his, he swear... He ran up to Annie on the ground once again, "Well she kinda kept half of her deal to not kill you," Derald shrugged before bursting out in laughter. Taking a seat beside her at the edge of the slope down. "Sorry again though, Sephy is just like that, wanting it her way," he sighed and rested His chin on his palm, in turn that elbow and on his bent knee. He looked at Annie, scratched and a lil bruised and he offered, "I can help ya get patched up, I owe ya at least that much!" He let it go silent between them before he grinned, bringing back out what he wanted to ask, "So I am I officially your first human being friend? That would kinda unfortunate, considering how much ya fell today." He shook his head in shame, chuckling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:44 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_m5af767KrG1rqkf12

Annie shifted her position slightly on Sephy's back and made a peace sign back at Derald. It was funny to imagine this effervescent blonde boy as a rebel. He asked about her life now, and she smiled. "Well my Aunt's not my favorite person and it's even more crowded than before, but I don't mind my cousins or the house or location or anything. I mean, today's been pretty good so far, right?" She wasn't entirely sure if he could hear her, but she was more focused on riding Sephy for the moment anyway. Annie heard Derald say something about the normal turning techniques, so she pressed on Sephy lightly with her right foot and leaved left, but something caught her off guard and Sephy turned more sharply than she expected and suddenly she'd been thrown to the grown for the second time that day.

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_inline_mubmt1oYvR1rpl29c
(EDIT: I stupidly didn't use this GIF/didn't find it until now so I'm just going to casually interject here.)

Annie felt her palms bite into the dirt and grass, but she was pretty sure that she hadn't been truly injured and couldn't help but start laughing. "You liar, you said you wouldn't laugh," she teased, smiling at him as he sat next to her on the grass and hitting him lightly on the shoulder with her hand. He offered to help her fix up the few cuts and bruises she seemed to have sustained from the fall and she chuckled. "Alright." She dusted her palms off on her jean shorts as he spoke and nodded. "Pretty much. First friend I've had outside of my family, anyway, and don't worry, I'm sure I'd get myself into some sort of trouble anyways. I should probably be thanking you." Annie resisted the urge to somehow celebrate her first official non-familial friend and just did something like smile or whatever I can't figure out what to write here for some reason and I need to like actually send this post so yeah blew a piece of hair out of her face.  

Last edited by Rainy Pie on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:43 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_mssee0xnmQ1r2yqx1o2_250

Derald let Annie hit him while he let the laughters settle down. "Sorry sorry! I did add a probably though," he lifted both his hands and shrugged in defeat. He dropped his arms and straightened up, pretending to be all fancy and stuff as he cleared his throat, "Well then I am honoured to be your very first human non-familial friend," he dropped back into his usual action with no hopes of keeping up with the previous classiness, "I reckon that it'll be a title I'd keep for a long time." but he stretched his arms, enjoying the breeze as he asked, taking just a little while more before they go, "Thank me? For what? Throwing ya down on the ground? Cause maybe we gotta define whaddoya mean by good." He grinned, a day could be going good to someone and actually have a really sucky day.

Derald sighed contently to the fields and the scenery, just the silence and all. Sephy brought herself down to the grass as she laid behind the pair, roaming about to her own things again. Derald realised that he was actually really curious about Annie, just a couple more minutes then maybe he'll fish the first aid kit back home out. "So do ya have a job? Or do ya help around the family farm and all," Derald started a whole new conversation, recalling her mentioning about her aunt and cousins and well, he'd get it - kinda.

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:59 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_inline_mwbre0gI5j1sryo2l

Annie smiled. "My day was good because I made my first real friend, rode a horse, kind of, and had some quality dog time. Simple as that. We can look past the falling. Twice." The corgis apparently tired of running around in circles and scampered over to Sephy. They sniffed her for a second and then attempted to snuggle up next to her belly to nap. This made Annie slightly nervous as to how Sephy would react, but she knew from experience that the corgis, when sleepy, would not want to be moved by any human, so she settled for just keeping an eye out for them . "Sorry, they're kind of oblivious. And stubborn. And I guess a bit rude and overly trusting," she apologized as the corgis started to drift off, not bothering to nestle their legs in and instead splaying themselves onto the grass. "Usually they just sort of form a dog-pile of themselves. I can move them if it makes Sephy uncomfortable, but I might need your help to lift them and keep them away. Once they find a place to sleep, they usually don't want to be interrupted until they wake up, so they turn into lumps of dead weight and when you move 'em, they just waddle right back. Then because there are four, it's hard to keep track, and the minute you move one another makes it back. Cute, but not a one-person job."

Annie shrugged at his question as she waited for a response as to whether they should move the corgis or not, tilting her face up to the sky with her eyes closed for a second to enjoy the sunlight as he spoke before facing him again. "For the most part I just take care of the animals on our farm. Some of my siblings are starting work at other farms but I think I'll probably just work on ours for a while. I sell eggs and milk and butter and cheese and stuff sometimes. Well, I'm starting to. There wasn't really anyone to sell it to before. My parents just trekked into the more populated area every now and then to trade for the stuff we couldn't make ourselves before the move." She finished explaining, hoping she wasn't rambling on too much. "What about you? Do you work at another farm or something or just stay home?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:32 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_m6dtlgs94Y1rrf9sa

Derald raised an eyebrow, "Well aren't ya an easy one to please?" Though he himself would've been kinda happy if it was him, first friend? That's gonna go in his life achievement books. He smiled to himself hearing her mention real as a fleeting though crossed his mind and out again, and maybe she'll be the first to stick around. However he knew that a problem lies with him and maybe, just maybe, he won't do too badly this time. He noticed the dogs tiring themselves out and coming up towards them. Dusk immediately ran up to Annie to greet her again before sprawling on Derald's legs, all pooped. "Had fun, girl?" Derald muttered as he scratched his companion behind her ear but she kept quiet, probably almost falling asleep. He followed her gaze to her four corgis, smuggling up with Sephy who obviously jerked her head up to see what invaded her space. "Ain't most dogs like that? Just know ya ain't alone on that one," He pat Annie on the back sympathetically, looking at the adorable ball of fur that gave him plenty of troubles.

He watched them form the little dog pile and he couldn't help but feel the cuteness of that pile, "It's still kinda cute ya gotta admit it. Like a pile of cuteness." But nodding, he pushed himself up to help pull them to another place of paradise as Dusk leaped off of his lap to see all the commotion because even though Sephy isn't showing it, she'll have the urge to kick someone in the face in maybe 10 more minutes. "I never caught any of their names," he stated, can't believe that he haven't ask about that yet.  He lifted one of the dogs as he listened in to Annie and what she do to earn the dough and all and usually most people at this age still help around the house farm and what not, staying with their families for a little while longer. Or rake over the family farm. "Wow, musta be tirin' carrying them all over the district just to find people to sell to," Derald replied, thinking about if he would've sacrifice convenience to peace and then he was second guessing his thoughts of whether it would be a good idea to like the peace and quiet. He looked away from the dog as he started to share a little something about himself in exchange, "Well I help around my Uncle's farm most of the time. He kinda took over my parents' one as well and they just merged to make a bigger one. And I help sell most of the stuff off on the weekdays and cook on the weekends, even though my cousin Tess is always better at it," he shrugged, listing out their weekly routine for the family of three, "One day, I'll show you Tess' famous cheese omelette for breakfasts, as soon as I get the hang of it!" He grinned admitting that cooking was not his strongest point, prolly that's why he's only in charge for Saturdays. Derald brought them close to where they were once sitting, "This a good spot?" Derald turned around to Annie as he asked before deciding to put it down.

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:30 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_inline_mk71v9G95G1qz4rgp

Annie smiled at Dusk as she lay down, and nearly imploded from all the adorableness around her. Derald patted her on the back as he talked about dogs and she laughed. "Yeah, I guess so." She watched Sephy's reaction the the corgis very carefully, but she didn't know the horse well enough to tell for sure whether she minded or not. "Oh, yeah, no, I'm not arguing against it being cute. They wouldn't get away with half of the stuff they do if they weren't adorable," she said with a giggle. She got to her feet and followed Derald's lead, starting to scoop up a corgi and carry it over. "Maybe if we squish them back together afterwards and make sure they have someone to cuddle throughout the whole process they won't notice and they'll stay put," she suggested. He brought up their names and she bit her lip. "Uh, Nip, Yip, Kip, and Pip," Annie replied, trying not to laugh. "The one you're holding is Yip. They pretty much come when you call out anything if you say it excitedly enough, though." She remembered one time when she tested them and squealed stuff like 'murder' and 'frying pan' and 'window' and 'boo' and they'd come bounding in from across the hall every time, expecting a treat.

Annie listened attentively for a while as he spoke about his family. "That's cool," she said when he had finished. "And I'll hold you to that, you know, about the omlettes. I'm sure they're fabulous. Your cousin sounds nice too." Annie was mostly kidding. She wasn't going to knock on his door at 2 in the morning screaming that he'd promised to show her his cousin's omlette and she demanded to know now or she'd burn his house down or anything, of course. Derald's situation actually sounded somewhat similar to her own from his description, what with the combining farms with another family member and all. When he stopped walking a little ways down from their previous spot and asked if it was a good spot for the corgis, she nodded. "Yeah, this is good. It's just hard to get them to stay there. I guess we should try putting these two close together so maybe they don't notice too much or a change and try to wander back?" She looked down and identified the corgi she'd been lugging across the field as Nip. Annie kneeled slowly, trying to keep Nip close to her body so he wouldn't realize he'd been moved. The transition between her arms and the grass could be tricky."On three?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 1:38 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_mr9upyNGHW1r032zxo2_250

Derald shook his head, giving up on these species of cuteness, "The things adorableness gets away with." He walked a little bit further away from Sephy, closer to the edge of the hill, but a little further away from where they used to sit. "Lead the way, you know there ruckus better than I do any day," he grinned, nodding as he agreed to what Annie suggested. Derald don't know the four little ruckus so he didn't want to make any comments about them at all. Maybe next time but definitely not today. He looked at the one in his hands, Yip, as Annie introduced. The corgis all looked quite similar with a couple of different spots and patterns sprinkled over their bodies. He was definitely gonna take a while to familiarise himself with the dogs, and he hasn't seen corgi for a long long time, which got him a lil excited upon seeing them. Personalities aren't well, apparent when they're kinda sleeping so guess those boding time will wait. "I think that I'll be lookin' forward to that day," Derald laughed, imagining Annie screaming things like potty! Or Stove!

"Who's the pup you're holdin'?" He asked taking more of how the corgi looked liked in Annie's arms. They may randomly wander off and all maybe end up in the fields again, oh what the hell, they're corgis, you don't need a reason to wanna get to know them. Derald felt the pressure of eggs as they cracked under him. bad pun, #yoloy. He chuckled ironically as he hear Annie think good of his cousin, "Tess? Nice? They ain't words to ever marry together." Tess and him always scuffle and fight though they'll never really hate each other. But he'll talk bad about her at the first chance he get, looking back at all the dumb things they fought over. Rope knotting. Seriously? That was the first major rivalry fight that happened among them. Derald looked toward Annie as she walked up to him, facing each other, looking ridiculous with dogs in their hand. He shrugged, absolutely fine with trying it out because what's the worst that could happen? They run back there to start over again? He cradled the pup into his forearms ready to squish Yip down in am less conducive place to sleep.
"Alright, so, one.. two.. three."

Sorry things didn't make sense at all! x'D cause I was half asleep but really wanted to get a post out x: editting`~~~

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 3:48 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_inline_mubmrsArXu1rpl29c

Annie smiled while Derald spoke and stroked Nip's head with her chin, as her hands were busy. "This one's Nip." The corgi made a sort of snoring sound. "You can tell by the white on his head. Nippy has the most white of all of them. Pip has almost no white, Kip has a white tummy but nothing on his head, and Yip there..." She rocked Nip back and forth, trying to settle him back to sleep before they put him down. "Well, he looks most like Kip, but he's a bit on the chubby side. Plus his ears are extra floppy," she explained with a laugh. "Sorry, this is probably a super weird thing to talk about," Annie bit her lip and started to transfer Nip to the ground. After Derald got to three, she set him down slowly, back paws and butt first, then belly, front paws, and finally head. "Here, squish Yip in." She made sure her corgi was in place next to Yip, until the dogs seemed like they would stay. She quietly got to her feet and took a few steps away, then hurried back over to pick up another pup. She grabbed Kip and motioned to Derald with her head to ask him to carry Pip. She repeated the process she had completed with Nip, directing Derald to do the same, until she was pretty sure all four corgis were sleeping peacefully in a pile of adorableness a safe distance away from Sephy. just gonna skip past this a little because I didn't really know how to move forward with it sorreh for powerplaying a tad

Annie sat down on the grass again once the animals had been dealt with and sighed, laying back. Her leg twinged as she did, and she exhaled sharply. It hadn't really hurt, but it had been kin of a surprise. She glanced at her leg, but there was nothing visible. That'll probably be a bruise tomorrow. Other than that, Annie didn't think she'd really sustained any injuries from either fall. "Get knocked down by a horse and then fall off while riding yet escape with only a pre-bruise? I may or may not be invincible," she joked, mostly for the purpose of stating that she wasn't exactly in need of emergency care and there was nothing to worry about. After a short while she spoke again, unsure of how to really continue the day's events. "So... I got nothing to do for the rest of the day. If you wanna talk now, we can do that, or we can go back to my aunt's house and try to make omlettes to rival your cousins, or we can just hang out here with the animals some more and talk, or, of course, we can part ways. Sorry, like I said, I don't have much practice with this whole friends thing. Don't mean to be kidnapping you or anything. " Annie pulled herself back to a seated position and shrugged. "Thoughts?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:57 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_m24kv0XE9N1qcjsty

Derald did his best as he observed the puppies, remembering how they kinda looked like while Annie described them all. It was actually quote easy seeing their differences but the nip yip kip pip thing just ain't working too easy for him. "Eh, gimme a day I think I'll get them names all down," he shrugged after taking a long while to take notice of the all the patterns. He stared at her in disbelief, "Weird? We're just a bunch of friends talking about dogs in D10! I'd think that it's perfectly normal. Dogs are a great conversation starters. Kinda." He  added at the end with great uncertainty but hey, dogs were an interesting topic to go on about. By then they were off to settling the corgis in their new bed and somehow was easily accomplished.

Derald laid down flat on his back beside Annie, following her as she took a seat on the grass. He crossed his arms behind his back while Annie began to talk again. And he rolled his eyes with that statement, maybe not really getting to full intention of it, as usual. "You mean those flying people who just stands in a tornado, or those people who brush them injuries off with magic and pixie dust?" Falls from horses were really common and it's only natural to be covered up with bruises. But to have none, guess the horses didn't throw then down hard enough. Derald glanced over to her to check again, with just a couple of small cuts and all, because he was this is close to running back home to grab a couple of things before coming back here or something. He decided that the clean up and medicine could wait, it was nice to just sit here with someone even if nothing is going on, activity or conversation wise. He looked back to her eyes after lingering to the potential bruises as she started a new conversation. Derald listened in while she rambled off, laughing as she apologised "That makes two of us." Derald shifted his weight while the options came along on things to do, I mean, first human-being friend? They should spend a lil more time together. "I doubt that the corgis are willing to move now so maybe we could waste the day away here." Sure he has chores to do but what matters when he'll prolly get in trouble some other time in the day? Tess and Darrin could do it without him for a couple of months, he's sure that they can handle a day. Derald pushed himself up right now sitting right beside Annie of a closer face to face conversation, his upper body facing her, "Are ya really up for a talk or somethin'?" Feels still wasn't sure about sharing but he don't think he had loses of enemies around to leak out of the important information tap. He just reassuring himself that it's only one person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:11 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_m8m59p4P2E1rqkf12

Annie appreciated that Derald didn't seem to mind her slight social awkwardness. She ran a hand through her hair to get it out of her face and smiled. He was right about the corgis. "Sounds like a plan, long as I'm not keeping you from anything important." She laughed when he asked if she was really up for a talk. She was pretty sure he didn't understand how often she actually partook in this. "Like I said, anytime you wanna talk, I'm happy to listen. I can't promise to give good advice on the subject, but I'll try my best." Annie shrugged. She was actually rather curious as to what was troubling the poor boy, and wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that he initially looked very familiar to her. However, Annie knew that some stuff was personal and if he didn't want to tell her everything or even anything at all, that was fine. She knew better than to pry.

Annie felt a breeze brush over her face and blow through her hair, probably tangling it horribly. She twisted her torso to face Derald straight-on and shrugged. "Only problems I really have are minor isolation from anyone aside from my cramped family stuff and I mentioned 'em already, sooo..." she trailed off, pausing for a moment. "Vent away." Annie had heard it all- breakups, fights, feeling sad for no reason, low self-esteem, bullies at school, guilt, regret, unwelcome urges, random complaints that eventually spiraled into rants - and some part of her doubted that Derald's problems would be anything new. But she shushed that part, because everyone was different and not only were no two problems exactly alike, but also, there was a perfectly good chance that this was something entirely new. Annie wasn't sure whether she had some sort of unintentional confidence in her experience with helping people or just didn't want to think it was anything serious that she couldn't help with, but she was glad that it was unlikely Derald could read her mind, because she didn't think normal people got that hung up over their own way or thinking. Regardless, her job right now was not to play guessing games. Her job was to be a friend, and to listen, and right now she treasured it more than any random jaded opinion the back of her mind decided to have.  
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:19 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_mq7200f9NE1r032zxo2_250

"You have no idea," Derald chuckled to himself, thinking about how mad Tess would be to not find him and the horse anywhere. "Well I'm just happy that you're happy to listen. Can't promise that it's anything interesting either." Derald nodded and shrugged, expectations won't be met but maybe things will be heard and listened to. He looked away, bending both knees having one propped up. Dusk came back to nest back onto his leg and he gave her a good belly rub. He listened to Annie bring up her problems and well that's about it for her sharing session so.

Derald paused, taking the time to choosr his words before he spoke, keeping eyes on his furry companion, "Well, I was just thinkin' bout a couple of stuff.." he thought about what the say first, this whole talking thing isn't really working for him yet, "I was gone for a lil while, maybe got back a couple of days ago and I'm just, y'know, out of it for now. It's still hard to believe it all. Got all these things runnin' through my head and guess I really needed a breather." What else was he supposed to say? Derald fumbled over the next few words before recollecting back his thoughts, "Lost some friends along the way and it bugs me, y'know? Should I go up to their families and be like I'm sorry bout what happen but here, have this celebration for nothin'. And Tess seems a lot weirder these days, she ain't shoving me around like usual anymore. Like she doesn't dare to." Derald pouted, he wanted to stop himself but somehow once it started it just couldn't stop. Like this little locked up box opened up after a whole decade. Even if he didn't know what else to say about Tess, the urge to carry on still burns, "I dunno, I get a lil worried about that girl. And... " he finally looked at Annie, forcing himself to listen to the boy ranting forever before he laughed, shaking his head, "And I just met you today. But yet here I am spillin' out all the beans." Derald's smile drooped to a smaller one as he resisted to let one more thing be heard, this time daring to look right in her eyes, "Let's just say I haven't seen my pa and ma for a long long time and Tess was all I had who's really there for me and now well.." Derald shrugged soon after trailing off, he finally stopped himself. He pulled off a huge cheeky grin, "Or maybe my dog and I are just going through a divorce." He turned to the sky, thinking about what he said, this is not something he'd do at all, crap likes to just come out most of the time. "Was that even a vent?" Derald asked, obviously between the two of them he was worst at it.

Last edited by Chiiyoko on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 3:41 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_inline_mw0oqqbGkV1sr57h6

Annie listened quietly as Derald spoke, figuring he just needed to let it all out. He was being somewhat vague and a bit disorganized, which Annie assumed was probably because either the situation was private or because his mind was a little scattered right now. She nodded every now and then, trying to think of a response that would offer comfort without telling him what to do. Once he'd finished, Annie stayed silent for a few moments, hesitating before she spoke. "That really sucks, and I'm sorry, I wish I could help," she said at last. "Losing people is always hard, and it's perfectly natural to be unsure of how to deal with the aftermath and pick up the pieces that they left behind. To be honest, I'm fairly sure that the best ways to address grief and loss vary from person to person and situation to situation. Sometimes you need to confront your problems head-on, and sometimes you just need an escape." She shrugged. "I, or anyone, I guess, can try to give you advice, but the real process of moving on is going to happen within you. Just remember that though problems generally need to be sorted through personally, you're not alone. People- and animals -care about you, and while they may feel kind of awkward about it for a time, that's probably just because they want to support you but aren't quite sure how."

Annie paused in her mini-speech to gather her thoughts again. She was trying to use more general advice to help him understand his problems rather than tell him exactly what do and how to feel about them, but she always had trouble telling whether she was making things better or worse. Annie bit her lower lip and continued. "Sometimes relationships can genuinely change after a change or big event in your life, and it's completely okay to not know precisely where you stand. Most strong relationships can eventually return to the same or a similar character as they were previously, but of course there will be some remnants of whatever caused the disturbance, because it's a part your identity now... uh, not you specifically, just, you know, 'you'- actually, sorry, this is about you specifically, so nevermind... but, um, the point is, even when it seems like everything should be over because something so monumental has happened that time can't possibly keep moving, life goes on. And it's not leaving you behind- your life is going on. Maybe it's different, and maybe it's not what you're used to or what you wanted, but it's your life and it's still there. Sorry, I'm getting way off track... it's good that you're willing to talk about it, though. I've heard the final stage of grief is acceptance, if that applies." Annie covered her face with her hand. "Sorry, totally didn't intend to rant. I'm a little all over the place, I guess." She let out a nervous laugh and smiled at him apologetically. What the heck was that? she berated herself. You just spouted, like, practically every piece of advice you've ever given. Oh, gawd, I need to learn when enough talking is enough. Annie winced. "So next time I'll just shut up and nod sympathetically, then, yeah?"  
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:55 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_n2apb1J0C21rqxc2yo3_500

Derald broke into a smile during the silence. He threw random rocks down the hill, seeing them tumble into the grass to keep his focus on that instead. He doesn't know what he was sharing and what he was not sharing any more. He subtly shook his head to himself, screwing whatever he was trying so hard to keep, if it holds, it holds. Somehow, it was either Annie had something about her that made it so comforting to open up, or he was just desperate for an opportunity to. "Nah, ya helped a plenty just by sittin' here and lookin' pretty and listenin' to this guy here," Derald smiled and swatted the air with his hand, dismissing all the sorry and help bullcrap because it just seems like the right, obligatory thing to say. His arms continue to same action as he reduced to sticks and grass while he listened to Annie. "Escape sounds like such a sweet idea, but again, life's hardcore and somehow makes ya take it head-on. I'm gonna hafta see all those faces and I just gotta find out what to say. To make them feel a lil better and me a lil less like cow dung." Derald picked up one more rock and threw it with a side swing, he closed his eyes as his hands immediately send nostalgic moments where they swung the knives like that. He almost forgot to let go of the rock because as sore as his arms were even after fixin' up, his arms were so accustomed to it that it felt naturally light and painless. "Hope so," he shrugged and opened his eyes towards Annie, showing a tinge of disbelief, not many people really cared. But to say that some, one, two, cared was a privilege he held close to him. All his life he told himself that's all he needs. However everyone knows how human beings work, always want more.

Derald turned behind to look afar to the direction that leads back to the farms, and laughed, "She ain't even gonna hunt me down this mornin' for disappearing on them at the barn, that's definitely strange. But yeah.. I think I should go talk to her tonight or somethin'. It's gonna go back sure but I don't think I can hold it together for that long without someone to mess with or be messed with." He stared a bit longer, but no one was gonna pop up yelling his name in annoyance. Everytime he did this, he'd be waiting, expecting her to come running at 9am to slap him on the back and drag him by the ear back to the farm for his chores. Not anymore though. Derald finally turned back and leaned on his palms behind, "Life goes on huh? The cock still crows cause the sun still rises." Derald repeated Annie's words coupled with an old saying from Darrin who says it every time Derald overslept. He saw Annie cover her face and apologise for talking so much and he chuckled, "So am I, so somehow that makes perfect sense to me." She continued on and he put an arm around her shoulders to give her an encouraging squeeze, "No, no, no. Thank you. I really needed that. Just keep doin' what ya doin'. Those omelets will come sooner than later, I promise!"He grinned, already have an idea of how to get some from Tess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:50 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_inline_mubmt5IpNi1rpl29c

Annie was relieved when Derald didn't seem offended by her ranty attempt at giving advice. She listened carefully as he spoke, catching notice of a very subtle compliment to her physical appearance and getting a slight fluttering feeling in her stomach for a moment, so brief she hardly perceived it. It's just a thing people say, she reminded herself, mildly amused with herself. She smiled when he talked about feeling like cow dung, which was something she felt she could probably identify with a little. Sure, everybody has those days, but I doubt it's to the same extreme or from the same reason. Annie followed one or two of the rocks with her eyes as he threw them in a way that looked very natural, almost automatic. He mentioned that he'd disappeared from the barn though, and Annie frowned. Oh, crap, am I keeping him from something important? she worried, but she remembered he'd originally come out here by himself and wanted to stay. "Sorry if that's my fault," she said quietly, just in case, and nodded when he said he'd talk to Tess. "That sounds like a good idea." Annie laughed as he reached his arm around and squeezed her shoulder, grinning when he talked about the omlettes and told her she didn't have to stop giving advice.  

"So, I've heard your problems, but aside from your family and your name I guess I basically no nothing about you." Annie shrugged. "Tell me something about yourself. Like, for instance..." She paused a moment to think. She didn't consider herself that interesting of a person, but there had to be something. "My favorite color is turquoise, because I love the color of the sky and I love the color of the grass and it's the closest thing I can get to both of 'em mixed together. Might not be the deepest question, but you can tell a lot about a person from their favorite color, right?" Annie giggled. "Your turn."

credit to sor for idea to ask get-to-know questions
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:47 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] Tumblr_inline_mrfzrjAl9A1qz4rgp

Derald nodded in agreement, trying to pull off a serious face, "Yes, it is absolutely your fault. If you ain't here I would've just gone back to the barn already." But Derald grinned, having no regrets whatsoever, "But this is way more fun. If you ain't here, it would've been as boring as a sack of potatoes." He truly would've just spent the morning watching Dusk frolick around, and Sephy chewing on the grass and trying to clear his head and prolly head back even if Tess didn't call him in. But somehow, one bump into a girl made his day feel a little better; well not the literal action but whatever happened after. He glanced her way once more, wondering how a girl he just met could help him put his mind to some kind of ease. Hearing that she thought talking to Tess would be a good idea reassured him; maybe he'll really do something he says for once.

Derald released his grip on her shoulders as she mentioned about how they still know nothin about each other. "But what if bein' mysterious is my thing? I'd give away everything!" He joked as he leaned away in defense, but he listened to Annie talk about her favourite colour. Favourite colour? People rarely ask him he wasn't too sure himself. Probably blue, maybe orange, or purple. "That's a tough one, you can tell a lot just by their favourite colour? I'm sweatin' buckets thinkin' of an answer." Derald stuck his tongue out while he thought really hard. But he gave up and remembered the scratches Annie had from her falls. "Y'know what? Gimme a minute, and I'll be back with an answer," he chuckled and pushed himself off the ground, Dusk hopping off of his lap. Maybe it was an excuse to think of an answer, maybe he really wanted to do something so ease the guilt for her falls, but he ran back home to pick up a couple of things nonetheless. Tess would've been out in the barns and Darrin would've been by the central, so basically no one saw him run into the house and dragged him back to work.

Dusk didn't follow Derald out the fields but decided to cuddle onto Annie instead. The Border Collie was so excited to meet someone new again and so she took the opportunity while her owner was gone to steal Annie from him for a little while. And when Derald said a minute, he was back in a minute, being a fast runner he always was. "Remember I said that I'd patch ya up like decades ago?" He grinned as he came back with a bottle of antiseptic and a couple of plasters. He sat back down as he finally gave her an answer, "And my favourite colour's orange. I think. 'cause nothin rhymes with orange! And well, sunsets are really nice. Could be purple, or blue, maybe I'll get back to ya on that one again." Derald shook his head, not making up his mind at all. He opened up his palm to her, motioning for the scratches on her hands, seeing that she fell on them. "Since I don't know much bout ya, I assume that I get to ask questions too. So.. What's your favourite food?" He was not used to talking this much about himself but he made a conscious effort to remember to answer his own question, "I like pancakes and eggs and all those sugary good stuff." Derald tagged it behind his question, picking up the antiseptic bottle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The company of animals is always a great one [end]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games :: Archives :: District 1 - 12 Archives :: District 10 :: Fields-
Jump to: