The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The company of animals is always a great one [end]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 4:19 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 PwQlCCb
The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mubmsha7EZ1rpl29c

Annie bit her lip out of guilt, but laughed that she was distracting him from what he should be doing but he didn't seem to mind. "If you're sure." She nodded as he left. "Fair enough. Your true favorite color is of the utmost importance," she chuckled. Annie lay back on the grass again, closing her eyes. Dusk came over to cuddle, and Annie stroked her head gently, murmuring the occasional 'who's a good girl? yes you are' and 'such a sweet puppy' and whatnot as she did so. She wondered how long he'd be gone, although she was content enough to lie under the sun in the grass with animals all around her. For the time being, she just enjoyed the familiarity of the quiet and thought about nothing. It's such a lovely day.

Soon enough, Derald was returning triumphant with medical supplies. Annie sat up again to wave at him, smiling and awaiting his anwer. He started to try to treat the cuts on her hands, which was extremely polite. :Thanks, but I can do that myself, you know," she pointed out, even though her hand was extended to he could put medical supllies on more easily.. He responded and Leda nodded, "Orange. A wise choice," she said, feaning forward. "So you're the kind of guy who likes sunsets?" She shrugged. "Makes sense." Annie smiled at him, thnking of how adorable his confusion over favorite colors was. "Favorite food? Hm... hard to choose, but I'm partial to raspberries, I must say, although I do love sugary breakfast food." Annie stretched, pulling her left arm over to her right and then switching. "Hmm... let's see... how old are you? I'm 17, almost 18 myself."

too lazy for correcting my late-night spelling/typos
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:31 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 BwTEbUx
The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Tumblr_n0qdjjjRHh1rwwygfo1_400

Derald flipped her hand so that her palm faced upwards, "A promise is a promise, no buts there, we gotta make up for all those falls somehow." He shook his head adamantly. He could feel himself pause there, his hand gripped hers slightly before letting it go instantly. His mind immediately dug back up the thought of wrapping up a certain someone's shoulder, and then just killing him off. As if all he did was harm instead of heal, what was the point? His body processed the thought and had a reaction that he was going to do just that again. How long did that pause last? Probably a second or two before he grinned and forced his other hand to press down the antiseptic. Annie's reply to his favourite colour, or well, colours, distracted the past from him and pulled Derald back into reality. "Well, it's nice to know that the day's almost over and ya'll get to just relax, ain't it?" He tried to find a reason but he turned back to her, squinting his eyes as he was on to her, "Whaddoya mean by 'makes sense', hm?"

He sat back down to look past the fields in front of them again, listening to her talk about everyone's favourite topic, food. "Rasberries.. Ya don't get many of those around here in 10, do ya? But guess the reward is more satisfying that way." Derald pulled in her other hand as he sprayed the little cuts with the same thing and waited for them to dry. "I'm 19, turned not too long ago in fact," he shrugged, he didn't even realise that his birthday past when he was in the Games. Ain't that a great way to celebrate? He turned the focus back to Annie though, "Oh we'll need to celebrate that, once ya get out of the stinkin' Reapings, we'll cook up raspberry pancakes to celebrate yer freedom!" He settled the bottle down and grabbed a plaster but as he caught her moving her hands around as she stretched, he gave Annie a look of disapproval, eyeing her hands to make sure she didn't make them antiseptic go to waste. "Since we're on the topic... When's your birthday? Mine's.. on the 12th of March."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 3:00 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Tumblr_mip8ye3r7e1s44g0ko10_250

Annie wasnt sure if she imagined it or if he actually paused on her hand temporarily, but she put her mind off of the idea. She knew better than to ruin her first friendship with thoughts like that. She glanced at his face with some concern as he fixed up her hand and let the silence hang for a few seconds. He seemed a bit upset, or maybe just lost in thought. "You okay?" she said quietly as dug her nails into her leg to block out the minor pain from the antiseptic, wrinkling her nose but not really wincing. He squinted at her almost suspiciously and she laughed, mostly forgetting the moment of only slightly apparent possible inner turmoil. Clearly there was something that regularly bothered him and caused the rest of the problem, but he'd already expressed more personal information than she'd expected and she knew if he wanted to tell her, he would. "You just seem like a sunsetty kind of guy somehow."

Annie murmured a sound of agreement when he commented that raspberries must be hard to find. "Yeah, we had a few wild bushes of 'em growing near our old house, so I could usually find a few depending on the season." Annie had many fond memories of picking raspberries off in the summer and running around with her siblings, crawling through the bushes despite the occasional thorn or bug. She nodded when he said he was recently 19. "Oh, well happy birthday!" She giggled. Annie estimated that he was about a year and a half older than her based on that information, chuckling when he talked about raspberry pancakes. "That sounds really nice, actually. You should consider party planning as a serious future career option." The thought made her smirk, but he shot her a disapproving look when she moved her hand. "Sorry, I'll stay put," she said with a smile. "My birthday's on December 5th... which I guess isn't really anytime soon, but 18 and a half-ish is close enough. Besides, having a birthday at the end of the year means you have to wait a while to age up after everyone else already has." She shrugged. "Okay... next question..." Annie paused, finding her gaze lingering just-so-minutely too long on his face and turning away while she thought of something to ask. "Got it," she exclaimed, facing back towards him. "What's your middle name? Mine's Grace, which is kind of awkward because I'm like the least graceful person ever."
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue150/150The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:06 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Tumblr_m24l01JOF31qcjsty

Derald snapped out of it all when Annie asked about him, and he tried to bring his composure back to normal. "Hm? Me? Fine as dandy! I should be asking you that question, it can't hurt that badly, can it?" He turned the question back to her and laughed, but he held back the antiseptic for now. Surely sooner or later, he'll be able to just block it all out; he's done it before, he can do it again. He restrained the temptation to continue to push for a how, but he shrugged in reply, "How do ya even tell a sunsetty kinda guy?" Genuinely curious, hey you never know when things like that become useful. Well not really but, curiosity never needed a reason. Dusk began to plop herself in between them while she entertained herself, guess it was back to play time for her and flowers are always fun to poke at.

Derald thought back to his past and shook his head, chuckling, "I doubt I even know what they look like!" He pause from his laughter before he continued in all the seriousness he could muster up, "No seriously though, what do they look like?" He pulled open the plaster as he took one of her hands back into place in his own put patch up the cuts. He looked up to her away from her hand and grinned, "Awww, thanks." It really wasn't all that special, neither was it all that happy but it was nice to know someone would've wished you happy birthday. No one remembered this year, but it was understandable, imagine the last thing you hear someone tell you before they stab you in the back was 'Happy Birthday!' He rolled his eyes and scoffed as Annie made a career remark, "Psh, as if anyone here would need one. I reckon that I'm just fine being the field laydowner. Testin' the grass and all." He pulled her other hand in as he began to paster on the remaining cuts. "Good that," he muttered as she apologised for swingin' her arms all over the place. Annie's birthday was so far off he may actually forgot about it, him and his bad memory, but he shook his head, "Nah, time flies faster than you think. You'll be out of age before you can say dandelions." He stifled a laughter as middle names came about, "Really? I couldn't tell at all after you fell off a horse." He lifted both her hands up to inspect them and gave them back for her to control, "There ya go, all patched up!" He looked almost proud of his little craft of work; antiseptic and plasters and all. He looked back to dig deep into the past again as he gave Dusk a nice little belly rub, "Actually, I don't think I have a middle name. It's just Derald Hafer around here." If he had one in the first place, he probably long forgotten about it or was never really told about it. Derald notice the sun rising higher up in the sky and they probably burnt away the whole morning here. But he figured her could spare a little while more, he didn't really wanna hog up all of her time either.
"Alright, movin' on.. What do ya like to do? Like, I dunno, I guess I like horse riding, and playing the guitar, sometimes."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 10:21 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Tumblr_mea8e20QR01qf8j27o7_250

Annie smiled at his continued distrust of her assessment of him as a sunsetty-kinda-guy. "I don't know. Optimistic, I guess. Bright. Like... the sun's going down, but you know it's gonna come right back up again soon enough, because that's just what it does," she tried to explain, getting lost in her words. "I have no idea what I'm talking about, to be honest. It's really just a general sense of sunsettyness, you know?" Annie chuckled as she watched Dusk play with flowers. She's such a cutie. He said he'd forgotten what raspberries looked like and her eyes widened. "That sucks; they're quite lovely. I'll have to take you out to our old house some time. Uh... they're small and red and sweet and kind of soft and delicate, I guess. A little juicy, almost... hm... cone-shaped. They'll fit on the tip of your finger like little hats, and they're made of little tiny near-spherical cell things... you must have the weirdest mental image right now, sorry," she apologized. Raspberries were more difficult to describe than she'd expected, and she realized she probably sounded like a total idiot. Annie noticed that he seemed touched by her wishing him a happy birthday, which made her wonder if he hadn't been told that a whole lot, at least this year. She figured if he had taken place during the games, though, he and his friends and family would have had bigger things to worry about. She nodded at his mention that passing the age limit for the Games was coming up soon. "Thanks," she said with a smile. It wasn't something she really thought about all the time. It was always just hovering over her head like an anvil that she generally tried to ignore. Luckily, her family had avoided them so far, but there was a fairly large chance that one day one of her siblings would go in, just because of the sheer number.

Annie put the thought out of her mind and laughed when he pointed out that she fell off a horse and was clearly not graceful. "Exactly." He finished patching her up and she examined her hands, which seemed to be doing better. "Thanks. Really. It's sweet that you care," she teased, and ran a bandaged hand through her hair to see if it hurt, which it didn't. "That's much better." He added that he had no middle name and she shrugged. "Well, it suits you." It registered in her brain that she'd spent the whole day with him and that she should probably be home soon, but she wasn't too bothered. She didn't want to keep Tess waiting, though. He asked what she liked and Annie pondered this for a second before replying. "I like horse riding, too, actually... usually it goes better than my performance today, so don't judge by that. I like to make breakfast, so we'll see how those omlettes go, and... well... like I kinda said, giving advice." Annie realized all the things she'd mentioned had already been brought up. "So I guess I've got nothing more to offer. That's cool that you play guitar, though. I've never seen a real one up close. One time my brother tried to make one out of wood and some wire, but it only made one horrible note and he would play it all the time. I guess it sounded like a real one to him." She laughed. "But I bet you're great at guitar. Hmm, next question... any significant other? Boyfriend, girlfriend, whateverfriend?" Annie asked casually. "The answer's pretty obvious for me, since you are essentially the first person my age I've spoken to for more than five minutes at a time outside of my family, like, ever. So, uh, not even close."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:22 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Tumblr_mq7200f9NE1r032zxo1_250

Derald stared at her blankly as she tried to explain sunsettyness to him, obviously, nothing really went through that thick skull of his. "Neither do I! But maybe somehow I'll get it." He laughed with her, giving up on that remark for now. He laid back down on the grass, leaning on his elbows for support as he closed his eyes, trying to visualise what raspberries looked like again. But the more she explained, the weirder it was turning out. When Annie paused and apologised, he grinned in amusement, "Absolutely, right now they'all look like mutated strawberries with holes to put them on top of your fingers. But yeah, it'll be a fun trip to hunt for raspberries!" He just started his imagination off with a strawberry with the redness and cone shape and then it turned out to some abomination monster like berry biting off people's fingertips. As they went on to the Games, sometimes he was glad that he never really had anyone too close that was still in the age range, Tess was long out without a single time being up on that stage. He blamed her for rubbing off all the bad luck on him, being up on that stage maybe three or four times before people stopped being suicidal and dumb. Of course, she was proud of it, until, well, the Hafers really ran out of luck.

"Eh, technically it was Sephy's fault anyways, and since she's a friggin horse, her owner's gonna hafta clean up her dirty work. It's her apology through her slave." Derald shrugged it off, seeing nothing sweet bout that at all. He tilted his head to a side, "Really? I always found that a lil weird, since everyone all seem to have one." He casually went on as Annie talked about some of her hobbies, "Hmm? Then maybe next time we should have a proper riding session, with a horse other than Sephy." Sephy snorted at him, almost insulted by that comment but went back to put her head down again. Derald chuckled back to his horse as he continued, "Are ya like some kinda secretly certified psychiatrist or somethin'? And oh no, I'm terrible at the guitar. But I can bring my uncle's one out to show it to ya up close if ya like. Just maybe, uh... minus the playing."

He pretended to think for a very very long time as he dragged, as straight faced as he could, "Weeeeeelllllllll... There was this one guy.. my whateverfriend... Also, did I mention my dog and I are going through a divorce?" He couldn't help but drop the obvious act and cracked up, "Nah, none of that are happening the last time I did a reality check." Derald then decided to get up onto his feet, it probably really is time to go, as much as he'd wanna waste more of what's left of the day, he felt bad for hogging up all her time. "Guess we should really get going, sure you got a couple of farm chores to get to. But really though, maybe you should come out more often, talk to a couple of strangers, bump into more horses, I'unno." Derald suggested, raising his shoulders as he listed off the top of his head, "I'll join ya in the horse bumping!" He patted Sephy as she picked herself up, shaking the sleepiness away. He readjusted the saddle once more and all the movement made the all the dogs perk up in excitement. "Wanna give her one last chance to redeem herself for a ride back home? I swear I'll hold on to her this time. Really. I mean, third time's a charm ain't it?" Sephy swung her tail around, keen for one more round of riding, though she knew that they were probably going slow with her owner tugging at the reins. He turned around to face Annie though, "Before we go, I get one last question.. Ya really have no idea do ya?" Derald grinned, pushing his hands down his pockets as he rocked between the ball and heel of his feet, "Well that's a good thing I guess."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:53 pm

The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mubms32qFp1rpl29c

Annie nodded at the idea that the next time they ride, she should try a different horse. "I don't think she likes me that much." He asked if she was a certified psychiatrist and she laughed. "No, not even close. But the guitar thing sounds great." She raised an eyebrow at his explanation of his marital status and that his dog and he were going through a divorce, apparently. "I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you two were a lovely couple," she said with a playful smile, adorable images of dog weddings on her mind. He mentioned farm chores and she solemnly shrugged, looking up at the sky and watching the sun start to set. "Yeah, I guess we should probably go." Annie had enjoyed their time in the fields and didn't want to go, but she had to put some of the animals to bed and she was kind of tired. Besides, she didn't want to keep him.

Derald suggested she ride Sephy again, and she eyed the horse warily. "You're trying to get me killed, aren't you?" she chuckled, taking a step closer to Sephy. "Well... can't hurt, right?" she teased with a touch of sarcasm, lifting her hands to emphasize the cuts he'd bandaged up. "I'm kidding, of course I'd love to try riding her again if she doesn't mind." Annie stroked the horse gently, staying in her range of vision she wouldn't get spooked but making it clear she wasn't trying to invoke a fight for dominance. Derald asked her a somewhat vague question and she paused, puzzled. "What do you mean? Are you a mass murderer who I should recognize from WANTED posters or something? Do you lure people onto your horse and then have her injure them repeatedly? Because we didn't get many posters out at my old house," Annie joked, poking him lightly on the shoulder in a friendly manner. "But yeah, we should do this again sometime. For breakfast, guitars, raspberries, venting, dogs, riding, whatever. And I should probably branch out as well, try to make these so-called 'friends', pshhh." She stood next to Sephy, preparing to hoist herself up onto the horse. She called the corgis with a shrill whistle and they bounded over, well rejuvenated from their little dogpile nap and ready to follow the procession home.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:23 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Tumblr_mvr2osSSgS1qf6aujo5_250

Derald shook his finger as he said, "Quite the contrary, she's bein' on her best behaviour so far, compared to every other day." Even he himself was surprised by her behaviour today but guess Sephy kinda took a liking to the girl. After throwing her onto the ground a couple of times. He looked down to Dusk as she looked up to him in confusion, and sighed, acting all sad and stuff, "Yep, and I'm pretty sure it all happened because of her chew toy or somethin'." It would be so weird if that was true, he tried imagining them fighting over some chew toy and not speaking to each other ever again. Derald nodded as he went off to pick up his hat that was thrown off somewhere around, adjusting it back on before going towards Sephy with dusk trotting right behind.

He rolled his eyes as she lifted her bandaged hands to emphasize her teasing. "Oh yeah, definitely, didn't you mention you were invincible too?" He talked back, holding onto Sephy's reins just in case. Sephy didn't make much noise as she lowered her head to munch on the grass one last time as if saying just get on with it before I change my mind. He shrugged as his horse grunted a little, waiting for her to get on. Derald laughed as he raised his hands and put them behind his back as if being caught, "Well, maybe. Ya never know these days!" But he laugh died done to just a grin as he continued, "I'll tell ya the next time we meet, you'll figure it out soon enough." He watched the four corgis make their way towards them as he replied, "Yeah, that'll be a great idea." He tugged on the reins a little to get Sephy ready to go as he stood beside them, with the dogs on his other side, following along. "The Horse Ride Home Express is all riled up n' ready to go. Lead the way, Miss!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 6:36 am

The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Tumblr_mlj409ZLoA1s0wzgeo3_250

Annie rode for a little while on Sephy until they were out of the fields. She looked down at Derald. "You sure you don't want to switch off? I feel bad that you ended up walking the whole way," she apologized with a laugh. "But, uh..." Annie paused, far from excited about the words she knew she had to say next. "My place is over this way," she said at last, gesturing off in the distance. "Not far, of anything. Definitely walking distance, and I'd hate to tire Miss Sephy out too much..." Annie hoped Derald kind of got the message. She was pretty sure that when he'd left to get bandages he'd gone off in the opposite direction, and it was getting to be time to head home. "Sorry, I'm bad with goodbyes, even simple ones, apparently. Never really had to do any before." Annie giggled and tucked her hair behind her ears for what seemed like the hundredth time in the past few hours. "Until next time, I guess..." she trailed off, carefully dismounting from Sephy. "Annie Gallagher, about 800 meters yonder. Keep in touch?" She shrugged and patted Sephy lightly on the neck. As she turned to leave, Annie smiled and Derald and waved goodbye. "See you soon."

if this post ends up super weird and/or riddled with typos I apologize, it's like 3:30 am i feel fine though idk just too lazy to put this part in proper writing don't judge but yeah i didn't notice anything too horrible wrong with the post but if there is something that's because my judgement isn't great right now i guess yeah? ps sorry this took so long to write i've been super busy and also writer's block and laziness kk anywho sleepy time for rainys bye<333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The company of animals is always a great one [end]   The company of animals is always a great one [end] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The company of animals is always a great one [end]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2