The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So let's try not to burn down the barn this time

Go down 
AuthorMessage

So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Empty
PostSubject: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 3:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Annie laughed and whirled around a dusty wooden pillar that helped keep the barn roof up. "Come on, Der, you go first." She came to a stop and leaned against one side of the pillar. She was feeling kind of emotional lately, but although the bad moods were worse, her good moods were filled with boundless giddy excitement. She'd knocked on Derald's door fairly early in the morning and dragged him out to this barn to realize an idea she'd had last night before falling asleep. "Seriously, I'm telling you, hide and seek in this place is gonna be amazing. Just try not to almost stab me this time." Annie giggled and pushed her hair back out of her face with one hand. She could already see several places to hide, and even though they weren't the most original or creative locations, there were enough possibilities for a great game of hide and seek. Annie plopped herself down on a barrel of hay, smiling at the twiggy fragments that were propelled into the air by the collision. "I'll count down from ten, okay? Loser of the most of however many rounds we do has to make the winner pancakes." She winked at him, then covered her eyes with her hands. Annie was just happy to be back on good terms with Derald again. Fighting was terrible. She cleared her throat and started lightly tapping her foot on the floor. "Ahem. Ten, nine, eight..."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Female Posts : 1474
Birthday : 1996-06-18

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Left_bar_bleue150/150So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Character Name::
Alliance::

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 4:07 am

Derald was rudely awoken by a knock at a door, a knock on the head and Annie literally dragging him off his bed. Literally. He could've sworn someone pulled him off the comfort and dragged him around, making him brush his teeth and all and then outside the house. He yawned every time he trying to ask her where they were going, but in his state of being half asleep, he gave up after awhile and just let her lead them. "C'mon, Ann, it's like 8 in the mornin'," Derald chuckled as he whined and rubbed his eyes, trying to get rid of the sleepiness in them. If she really wanted to play though, he'd wouldn't mind too much, since he'd rather spend the time with her. If he was dragged out to do chores, now that would be a differently story. He tried to hold back his own yawn as he replied her, "Ain't it now? All I know that's good in this place is for sleepin'." He walked up in front of Annie as she plopped down on the hay, pouting at the accusation, "And when did I ever almost stab ya b'fore?" He ran his hand through his hair, "Oh. Wait. That time. Riiiight." He shook his head as he recalled that mopey day where he told her he was a victor. He then nodded to comply but then grinned at the sound of pancakes on the line, "Okay, fine. Deal," he reached over for a pinky promise. He just kinda stood there though, not really processing that she already covered her eyes and began counting but he came to realisation and gave her a surprise peck on her lips; maybe to throw her off her counting or maybe just because he loves her. Maybe hoping for the best of both worlds. He then ran off around the huge place and began looking around for these 'amazing' hide outs. He pulled himself up onto the second level and fit himself right above her as quietly as possible, putting a stack of hay close by to hide around it. He silently laughed to himself as she counted down to zero and began searching for him. Even a simple game could bring simple joy to them and it was so dumb,  but so much fun. He was trying to keep as quiet as possible... watching her walked around the place... and he thought he got it, until he found himself letting out a sneeze, "Achoo!"

#theyhavepetnamestheyhavepetnames #omgitsadorable #Ican't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 4:31 am

Annie smirked. "You were here before 8 in the morning that other time." She remembered the morning well. As darkly as it had seemed to start out, the memory had ended up as a pleasant one. It had been the first time they'd made pancakes, and she'd figured out where he looked familiar from. Now she felt like kind of an idiot for not realizing it. Annie heard herself say the word "one" and blinked, snapping out of her thoughts. "Ready or not, here I come!" she called, smiling at how childish the words sounded. She looked around, scanning for any movement, but didn't immediately detect anything. Annie proceeded to check in every nook and cranny she could think of: under this pile of hay, under that pile of hay, behind this pillar, up in these rafters. She was about to check back over where she'd started when she heard a sneeze. Annie laughed. "Hm, I wonder where Derald could be," she said loudly, walking over to the lump of hay from which the sneezing sound had originated. "Maybe I'll just sit on this nice, comfy pile of hay... maybe I'll set it on fire," Annie teased, dusting some of the hay off so she could just see the top of Derald's hair.  "What could this strange tuft of fur possibly be?"
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Left_bar_bleue150/150So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 2:51 pm

inappropriate gif but when will we ever see this ever again? :'D

Derald swallowed back his laugh hearing her chime like a little girl. It was nostalgic, to play like the kids they were inside and relive a little. He was doing well and then mentally curse himself over the sneeze. Which kind of made him sneeze again, this time slightly more muffled and softer. He rolled his eyes when Annie stood practically right in front of him, threatening to set the thing on fire. But I doubt they'd be setting any more barns on fire, looking at all the trouble they'd get into, doubled now by the fact that her Aunt was still pissed at him. Not that she's never not pissed at him. He felt the hay on his head get pushed away and he slowly peeped up to her, "Noooooothin'..." he whispered as he sunk back down below, "It's all in yer imagination. There ain't no tuff of fur here.." But he laughed, throwing his arms onto the stack of hay, to see her, suddenly letting out a light sneeze yet again. "No fair, I say we take my nose outta this game.." He mumbled as he rubbed his irritating nose, sniffing once before standing up, "My turn then, ya better have a super duper amazing hidin' place." Grinning, he covered his eyes with both his hands, beginning to count to ten as slow as possible, before picking up the pace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Annie smirked down at Derald's attempted disguise. His hair was a pretty similar color to the hay, but the texture was totally off and it was easy to differentiate up close. "Nice try, Sneezy." She stepped back as he stood up and reached up to his shoulder to dust off some clingy hay. "Are you sick or something? Allergic to hay? Allergic to me beating you at hide-and-seek?" Annie teased. If he was sick, it didn't seem to be too much of a problem. She figured he could handle a little sneezing. Derald started counting and Annie squeaked. She'd gotten distracted. Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, she thought, panicking a bit. Annie had forgotten to pick a hiding spot ahead of time. She bit her lip and sprinted across the barn with steps as quiet as she could manage. Annie narrowed her eyes, scanning for an optimal hiding place. She suddenly spied a fairly low rafter and hurried over. Annie stood on the tips of her toes, stretched her arms out, wrapped them around the wood, and pulled herself up. She balanced carefully for a second, squishing against the wall and hoping the shadow and the height would help hide her. Annie crouched to keep her body steadier and gripped tightly to the wooden stick-pole-thing while she waited for Derald to look for her.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Having Annie stand in front of him made him remember that night again and he turned his gaze away, hiding the smile and blush on his face. It wasn't their first time but it still couldn't keep the redness away. Or maybe it's just the flu talking. Derald shook his head once to shake off the sick feeling he had, and laughed as she asked, "If I say yes to the latter, would I get pity wins from ya?" He nudged her forehead with a finger before giving her a real answer, "Yeah, guess I caught a lil' flu bug along the way. Must've been from the past couple of nights, but don't worry 'bout it." He covered his eyes this time, variating the pace of his counting for the laughs until he finally hit zero. Clearing his throat, he strolled around the barn, lifting little crates lying around and poking his head into hay stacks. Finding himself across the barn, he still couldn't find her. Grumbling to himself, he finally noticed how horrible he probably was at this game, but continued to search around. He coughed a couple of times as he pinched the bridge of his nose, dropping his head backwards. And that was all he actually needed to do to see her hair falling over one side of the wood. He stared up for a good half a minute before chuckling at her. Lifting himself up that, he swung a leg over and sat down in front of the lump of mass crouching on the rafter. "I think I just uncovered a cocoon up here," tilting his head, he mused, waiting for her to get out from her amusing position. "Tie breaker round?" Derald challenged, looking around already for a great spot to hide. So that he can curl up and sleep and dream of pancakes until she gives up on finding him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 5:10 am

Annie looked up at Derald from the rafter and wrinkled her nose. "Luckily, butterflies are very good finders," she grumbled, carefully stretching her legs back out and standing again. We probably shouldn't both be standing on this... she realized, glancing down at the wood. She was worried that their combined weight would be too much for it. Then again, it had been built to hold up a whole barn. Annie shrugged and grabbed onto the wall so she could balance properly. She then extended her leg out to the side, and repeated it with the other leg, as her knees had become somewhat stiff from the kneeling position. "Can you even really lose hide and seek? If nobody gives up? I mean, eventually I'll have to find you, right?" she teased, her facial expression shifting into a smirk. She could always just burn the barn down. as they'd mentioned so many times before, and wait for him to come running out. Annie noticed a piece of hay in his hair and reached over to flick it out, cautiously avoiding falling off the rafter. It reminded her of his sneezing and apparent flu. "Sorry, if I'd known you were sick I wouldn't have dragged you out of bed. I'll have to make you some tea." She smiled and bent her knees again to lower her body before jumping down into a pile of hay to soften the landing. "Still, while we're here, no special treatment. Tie-breaker, sort of, yeah? So if I give up vs. if I find you? Whatever, we can just make it up as we go along. Pretty sure that's what we do most of the time, anyway. I'm starting NOW!" Annie laughed, covered her eyes with her hands, and started counting down again.
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Derald grinned teasingly after Annie grumbled, "And very beautiful too." He swung his dangling legs around as he waited for her to get up and most prolly get off. He just sat there though, not really thinking about getting up yet. His eyes darted up when she pulled a piece of hay out of his hair. "Well, ain't that how people play it? Hide til the point people give up. So I'll just hafta hide till you give up," he shrugged, taking up the daunting challenge. Reaching up to his head, he shook and comb out any other hay stuck inside, finding a couple more falling off. He hated having hay stuck in his hair, most of the time he can't tell what's hair and what's hay. Tess loved his blond hair for that, sticking hay in it for the fits. "Nah, it's really fi- Achoo!" he sniffled before finishing his sentence, "fine. It's way more fun this way." With Annie already down Derald swung his leg back to facing one side of the rafter. He nodded to their consensus, final round for pancakes, and it had to be him hiding. Psh, he can do th- But Annie started counting all of a sudden and he groaned, crackling his voice, "Aw c'mon no fair!" It made him scramble to actually get down first. He didn't know where else to go in the barn it so and the numbers weren't getting any lesser. He bit his lower lip as he left a couple more counts. And he slipped outside the barn, sitting by the corner of the walls. Hopefully she'll check the whole of inside first, burn down the barn then find him. He let out a sigh as he sat down, feeling like his throat was going to kill his voice or something and he thought that the place was getting too warm, even though it's too early in the morning to be hot. But he just sat there, closing his eyes as he smiled, hearing her starting to go around finding him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:58 am

Annie flicked her eyelids open once again, but didn't move just yet. She stayed quiet, listening for sneezing, with not much luck. The old-fashioned way, then. Annie was fairly determined not to give up. She started a very systematic search of the barn, working on rows. She finished digging through one entire line of the barn, then went down the next. Several times, she thought she spotted Derald's  hair, but it was just an especially fluffy spot of hay. "You blend in, this is so unfair," she teased, wondering if he was close enough to hear her. The barn wasn't that big, was it? He had to be around here somewhere. She finally finished the floor after almost twenty minutes and tilted her head towards the roof. Perhaps he'd tried to copy her rafter approach. She squinted, trying to catch a better glimpse, but there was no sign of him. Annie sighed. "Okay, fine," she began, spinning in the middle of the barn. "I gi-" Suddenly, she spotted movement through a piece of cracked wood. Outside. Clever. Annie jogged over to the exit of the barn. "Got you. I've got you. That was exactly what I was going to say," she lied, grinning. Annie poked him lightly with her foot. "I win. Sort of. But I have a feeling I'll be making you chicken soup soon, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Chiiyoko
Super Purple Buddy
Super Purple Buddy
Chiiyoko

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Derald dropped his head as he laughed, hearing her complain about unfairness. He left his head in between his knees as he waited and waited, doing his best to stay quiet most of the time. But he could feel his eye closing, as he began to doze off. It was almost silent for a long time, other than the occasional shake of his shoulders whenever he swallowed back a cough or two. He didn't even come to his senses until he heard her come out of the barn and spoke, a foot poking at his sides. "Really now?" He tilted his head up to her as he rested a cheek on his knee. "Fiiiine, ya win. But yeah, I kinda doubt you'll get yer prize today..." He shrugged weakly, making it up to her some other time, "Unless ya like sick flu pancakes," adding as he grinned shamelessly. Derald reached out to hold her hand as thanks, than nodded and mumbled softly through his sore throat, "Soup sounds like the best thing in the world right now." He let his head loll backwards as he sighed, pulling himself up, taking his time to stand on both his feet properly. He could most probably feel the fever getting to his brain, and he could feel the selfishness of wanting to just head back to bed today. Derald rarely ever got sick at all and part of him brain is like still in the denial stage. He glanced to Annie before shaking his head, chuckling at the state he was in right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 3:56 am

Annie helped pull Derald to his feet. She quickly looked him over, her eyes narrowed and her lips pursed. "You are too sick for this," she decided, placing her hands up on his shoulders. She looked him straight in the face. Annie felt bad for making him wake up, now. If she'd known he was sick, she would have made him sleep instead. "We are going right back to your house, you are getting in bed, and you are not getting up again until Tess or I allow it. You need rest." Annie nodded decisively to confirm her plan, mostly to herself. She then slipped her arm around his waist and put his over her shoulder. "Come on, sicky, let's get you home." Annie didn't expect to catch his flu, and if she did, she was pretty sure she could fight it off. She'd acquired a fairly strong immune system from growing up with so many siblings around all the time. When one of them got a bug, it had always spread to the others, and now she hardly ever got sick. She started walking in the direction of the Victor's Village, hoping to get Derald back as soon as possible. She already felt guilty for dragging him out, and she didn't want Tess to get mad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So let's try not to burn down the barn this time   So let's try not to burn down the barn this time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So let's try not to burn down the barn this time
Page 1 of 1