The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Hey, you haven't had a chance to get in the games yet! Register here and jump in!
The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hunger Games

Welcome to Panem! We are a role playing forum that is starting from the first games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Washing the dishes of death...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Female Posts : 723
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Washing the dishes of death... Left_bar_bleue135/150Washing the dishes of death... Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)
Character Name:: Sebastian Sommer
Alliance:: Anti-Careers

Washing the dishes of death... Empty
PostSubject: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Washing the dishes of death... Christieburke
"Protect those that you love. If you don't, than who else will be there to love you back?"

I work hard every day of my life
I work till I ache my bones
At the end I take home my hard earned pay all on my own -
I get down on my knees
And I start to pray
Till the tears run down from my eyes
Lord - somebody - somebody
Can anybody find me - somebody to love?

Azalea was walking out of her home. Her new home. Azalea's older brother, Nalin was out in the feilds working. Right now, Azalea was in charge of her younger siblings, Glen and Heather were running around in the yard-chasing a stray cat. Heather had wanted Azalea to adopt the cat, and as much as Azalea wanted to, Nalin had the final choice. The family of four coudln't affored a cat, they could barly keep themselves up as it was. There was no way that they could take care of the cat.

Azalea went down the steps leading up to her home, and down to the wash-bucket. It had just rained a few nights ago, so there was still water in the washbucket. Azalea looked down into it, and saw her reflection. Her face was greecy, and she needed a bath. But the plates needed to be cleaned to. The plates that would probobly kill her one day, because of all of the gunk on them. No matter how much any of the siblings would scrubb, some of the gunk would never come off.

Walking down the old dirt path was a familiar face. Azalea smiled, and said "Hello!" to a neighbor.

Everyday - I try and I try and I try -
But everybody wants to put me down
They say I'm goin' crazy
They say I got a lot of water in my brain
Got no common sense
I got nobody left to believe
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah

Back to top Go down
http://divergentcity.forumotion.com/
Hannibal

Hannibal

Female Posts : 159
Birthday : 1999-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Washing the dishes of death... Luca_d13
|Luca Donners|17|District 9|
|The|Boy|Who|Was|Orphaned|Young|

Spoiler:

“What kind of person would kill a child? The Capitol is sick, and I hope people will realize it one day.”

I had been walking home from work. It had not been a good day.

I had insulted one of the Peacekeepers, and they had whiped me. Well, only once on my right arm. But it hurt like hell.

I had my hands dug into my pockets, and I was kicking dirt while walking home, getting woozy every step. I should be going faster, but what's the point?

I looked at the poor houses that I was walking by. Some were worse than mine, some where better. Then I got to a certain one, with a girl outside, washing dishes.

She smiled and said 'hello' to me.

I looked up, and made eye contact with her, my dark brown eyes looking into hers. I was trying to see what she was feeling. Eyes are doors to the mind, is what my brother had said once. Look at them, and you'll know.

But know what, I was never sure of. I kept my face black and stern, my normal expression, and replied gruffly, "Hey."
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:
Washing the dishes of death... Left_bar_bleue135/150Washing the dishes of death... Empty_bar_bleue  (135/150)

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:01 pm

"Protect those that you love. If you don't, than who else will be there to love you back?"

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea tried to give a happy smile as the boy grumply mumbled 'Hey'. Then she saw the boy's arm. "Oh, oh gosh! Your bleeding! Come inside, right now! Glen, get me a rag. Heather, go pick those flowers behind the house." Azalea put the dishes into the pt and then went to the edge of her yard. "Exuse me sir, but if you come inside, I can help you. My mother was a nurse, you know." Azalea said proudly. She was proud of her mother and father, even though they said something against the capitol.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Spoiler:

“What kind of person would kill a child? The Capitol is sick, and I hope people will realize it one day.”

I wanted to object, but I did have to get arm fixed. Better sooner than later right?

I followed the girl inside. I didn't say anything, just walked. I didn't want to talk. This was retarded. Not the girl, the Peacekeepers. The Capitol. All of this.

I decided to talk finally, but only to ask a question. "I don't know your name," I said to her. "What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:30 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

"It's Azalea, Azalea Markett. Everyone in my family's named after a flower, Nalin, Glen Heather. My parents liked flowers."
Azalea led the boy inside, and told him to sit on a chair. Glen came in with the wet rag, and Heather came in with the flowers from outside. I took them, laid the wet cloth over the bleeding wounds on the boy's arm, and then went over to squeeze as much juice out of the flowers as they could. Azalea's mother had purpously grew these flowers in the back yard in case something like this would happen.

Azalea brough the juice from the flowers over in a small vial from their old house. The top was chiped, but it was still useable. "Careful, this will sting a little." Azalea wiped off the blood with the rag, and then slowly poured the murky green liquid onto the wound, guiding it back into the wound as some of it fell down the boy's arm. "Heather, go get me some of that gauze that's in our room." Her younger sister ran off into the back of the house.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Spoiler:

I winced at the sting. It was more than a little, but it wasn't was bad as the cut itself.

As I watched her work, I couldn't help but wonder. "Why are you helping me?" I asked her, no expression in my voice. I didn't show my feelings no matter what. It was a weakness that I didn't have, nor could I afford.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:45 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Heather came back with the gauze. Slowly, Azalea wrapped the wound. She was quiet as she worked. After a while, she answerd the boys question. "Because, who else is going to be there when your hurt-it's got to be someone, right? Besides, I feel like I'm honoring my mother this way." Azalea gave a faint smile and looked at the boy in the eyes. "There, you should be all good now. Try to not use that arm for a day or two until it heals." Azalea had sort of developed a motherly insinct after her parents died.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Spoiler:

"Thanks," I mumbled.

I usually wasn't one to pry, but I was curious. "What do you mean, honoring your mother?" I asked. I was still emotionless.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea went into the kitchen, and got out a loaf of bread. Nalin would be home soon, and she wanted lunch to be ready. She started slicing up bread, thinking about how to tell the boy about her mother and father. As she reached for the meat, she replied. "Well, you might have heard. My mother was a nurse and my father worked in the fields. They never really liked the capitol, but never actually said anything. Then, about four years ago, during a reaping, a little eight year old girl's name was chosen. My mother and father became very upset, and spoke badly about the capitol on live feed. Then, the next night, Peacekeepers had come to our house and burned it down. Me, my older brother, and these to," Azalea pointed at the twins that were looking at her guest with curiousity. "Survived the fire. I think that what my mother and father did was right. So whenever I help someone else out I feel like I'm honoring her."
By the time Azalea was done, she had finished making the sandwiches.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Spoiler:

"Huh," I said, putting my chin in my hand. "That's strange. My parents died in a fire too. But it was a field fire."

I thought about that day quickly. It only took a second, but I could clearly remember it.

It was seven years ago, so I was ten. I heard the news from my big brother, Roshan. I had cried. And that was the last time I had cried too, I hadn't cried since. Not even when I see a very hurt child, and I try to help them, but they die anyways.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:37 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea thought for a moment. "Yes, I think that I heard something about that. A random fire started during the summer, right? And it took a lot of lives?" Azalea decided to stop talking about it, she didn't really like talking about her parents death. She had guessed that this boy didn't like talking about his parents either. "You know what, I don't think that I ever got your name." Azalea thought that it was funny that he had asked her name, but she didn't ask him his name.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Spoiler:

I shrugged. And I didn't want to admit it, but I was glad for the change of topic. "Luca. My name is Luca Donners," I said, looking at the two young children. I couldn't help but think of thier saftety. I mean, Distict 9 isn't a safe haven.

For the first time all day, in fact, in a lot of days, I smiled. The smile brightened my face, making me look a lot more handsome. Just like your brother, my father would chuckle.

"Hey there," I said to the children. I knew they were named Heather and Glen.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:21 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Heather, being shy, hid behind Azalea's leg. Glen, on the other had, was a little braver. "Hey, mister! You got that bad bo-bo because you were bad, you had better not hurt my sister!" Azalea quickly shoed the twins off to the table to eat their lunch.
"Sorry about him. He's a little...you know. A little to brave." Azalea sighed. "[coor=#FF99FF]It's hard to keep him in line.[/color]"

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Spoiler:

I smiled again. "Well, brave could get him somewhere. If he's careful." At the last words my voice had dropped lower, and my smile faded. I knew about those sort of things, and I didn't want Glen to go around and defy the Captiol. It was risky buisness.

"And for the record, I didn't get this slash `cause I was bad. Well, not too bad I guess," I added, rubbing my fingers on the soft covering on my arm.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:35 am

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea gave another sigh, as Gale pouted. Suddenly, the door opened and her older brother, Nalin came in. He looked tired, and was sweating. "Oh, hello, Nalin! This Luca. Luca, this is my other brother, Nalin." Azalea smiled. "There's lunch on the table. Your welcome to it to, Luca."

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:57 pm

Spoiler:

I saluted with two fingers at Nalin. "Hey," I said. I looked at teh food. It was very tempting, but Azalea had a big family, she needed the food. "No," I said. "You guys need the food more than I do."
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:47 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea looked at Luca with consern. "No, you need to eat too. Trust me, we'll be fine." Azalea said with a smile on her face. She'd find a way to get more food. If needed, she'd some how find a way to hunt, and get over the charged fence. It had happend before, there was a tree branch that you could climb up on and make it over the fence. But only during night, which would work to her advantage.
"Now, eat that sadwich." She picks up a sandwich from the plate and hands it to him. Her brother, Nalin shrugs. "Hey man, once my sister puts her mind to something, you can't change it. Trust me, it's a big pain in the but to deal with." Azalea's face turned red, as she layed the sadwich on the table and looked at her brother.
"Hey, you jerk. That wasn't kind of mean. Now go take a shower." Nalin shrugged, grabbed a sandwich, and walked to the back of the house.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah

Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Spoiler:

I let a soft smile play on my lips as I take the sandwich. I take a bite, and it was really very good, considering that I hadn't eating all day. "Your brother seems pretty mellow," I say, taking another bite of the sandwich thoghtfully.
Back to top Go down
Pibbles
Princess Gummy Bear
Pibbles

Character sheet
Hitpoints:

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:03 pm

I get down on my knees
And I start to pray

Azalea went over and put out a sandwich for Heather and Glen, who immidietly sat down and began to eat. Then she pulled up a chair, sat down, and began to eat as well. "Yea well, he's normally stressed out. I'm glad to see him like this. Something good must have happend." Azalea had to think for a moment the last time her brother had acted like this. It had been a while ago, but Azalea had rememberd it. It was the first day of the last year he was in school, when he met Marie Summers, his first true love. But, she had ended up being a big jerk, and Nalin had been devistated once he found out. Azalea began to smile, realizing that her brother had found someone else to love.

They say I'm goin' crazy
Got no common sense
Yeah - yeah yeah yeah

Back to top Go down
Hannibal

Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Ok, just so you know, in my interveiw Pippo... he asked if Luca had a girl back home. He said yeah, and he said it was Azalea. So I hope you don't mind XDXD SUPRISE XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washing the dishes of death...   Washing the dishes of death... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Washing the dishes of death...
Page 1 of 1